Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hey cool ascending hu tao got me ning c2 :toot:

maybe I should start investing more seriously in my geo characters. levels aren't a problem but I've barely touched the geo artifact dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Flaming June posted:

87 pulls of the event banner later and I got a 5*!

... Jean :smith:

Lean into it. Jean is awesome.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

moush posted:

Slotting her into my usual Diluc team (XQ, Venti, Benny) just reinforces how valuable having a claymore user is. Diluc is still going to be the king for ease of use until they add some more useful claymore supports or get rid of the mechanic for shields/geo.

Technically any strong hit caster like klee can also chunk shields. I dont know if its the property of her bombs or if thats just how its supposed to be because there aren't any other fire catalyst users.

Tae posted:

It's really funny how Hu Tao and Keqing are both charge attack spammers but Hu Tao solves it by just homing on the target instead.

You do have to wait half a second to stay neutral before the homing works though.

Her homing works great against smaller targets but its still pretty wonky against larger enemies that aren't pushed back by her charge but arent big enough for you to remain stationary while spamming. Its why people still consider her about diluc levels in the overall scheme.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 3, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Klee's bombs are a special property, same as a claymore but ranged.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got my pity and my Hu Tao, but it felt like I was in the 80s that time and used way more gems than I needed to.

I'm so torn right now; I want to try to c6 Xingqiu, but I also want to try for the Staff of Homa as well. Did about 15 pulls on the weapon banner (I've never pulled on it before), and the RNG was not kind to me.

And now I'm fuckin' broke beyond broke-- I have Hu Tao up to level 87 before I ran out of Hero's Wit, and normal/charge attack at lv8 before I ran out of materials.

And I'm out of mora, too. Feels really, really bad right now. I haven't even chosen a weapon for her yet, much less leveled one up. :(

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Spreadsheet says skyward spine is useless for hu tao? Really? :smith:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah, she has very unique stat conversions that make a lot of weapons bad on her

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Spreadsheet says skyward spine is useless for hu tao? Really? :smith:

Good news, the 3 star tassels are one of the best weapons for her like how Albedo's best weapon is that one bad 3 star sword

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

well I guess that amazing six pulls since my last 5* on the standard banner skyward spine is just gonna rot, huh

or, I suppose, build xiangling finally

HMPH

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

silvergoose posted:

well I guess that amazing six pulls since my last 5* on the standard banner skyward spine is just gonna rot, huh

or, I suppose, build xiangling finally

HMPH

I mean, we're still getting a new polearm next patch.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is his C3 worth buying in the shop? What about Ningguang’s C3? Are any of the weapons worth getting?

The answer to the first two questions is "depends on how often you use them." +3 levels on burst is nice on both, but their C4s aren't amazing so getting their C3 doesn't give much additional benefit in respect to progress towards non-level-boost constellations. If made to choose between them, I'd pick Xingqiu, since he's an off-field support and therefore a more flexible team option than Ningguang.

The Blackcliff weapons are OK. You can slap them on most DPS characters without putting much thought into it and they'll do a good job, but they're largely outclassed by 5-star and 4-star weapons that play to the characters' strengths better.

quote:

I’m keeping only 68 Starglitter so that I can buy both characters if they’re good, and spending the rest on wishes. Is that a p good idea? I’m not sure if I’ll pull on this banner again (might want to go for Xingqiu) so I’m not gonna spend any of the Starglitter until the end of the month.

I usually go for that strategy, too, but do make sure that you don't want either of the constellations on the next shop rotation before you spend on wishes.

quote:

E: Does the weapon banner get its own pity counter separate from the rest?

Yes.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
35 pulls got me two XQs, one Xiangling, and...a my third Rainslasher. Still no popsicle. Game really doesn't want me to have him, my only missing 4 star.

Not the best luck but pleased with the XQs as that puts him at C5 and have enough starglitter to get C6 if I want to.

Sitting at 70 pulls with gems for about 30 more. Think I'll wait to see what the next banner is before deciding what to do. Interested in a Venti rerun.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Framboise posted:

Finally got my pity and my Hu Tao, but it felt like I was in the 80s that time and used way more gems than I needed to.

I'm so torn right now; I want to try to c6 Xingqiu, but I also want to try for the Staff of Homa as well. Did about 15 pulls on the weapon banner (I've never pulled on it before), and the RNG was not kind to me.

And now I'm fuckin' broke beyond broke-- I have Hu Tao up to level 87 before I ran out of Hero's Wit, and normal/charge attack at lv8 before I ran out of materials.

And I'm out of mora, too. Feels really, really bad right now. I haven't even chosen a weapon for her yet, much less leveled one up. :(

Weapon banner is a literal slot machine there is no guarantee you'll ever get a Homa. Like people have blown 1000s of dollars and not gotten one

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SirKibbles posted:

Weapon banner is a literal slot machine there is no guarantee you'll ever get a Homa. Like people have blown 1000s of dollars and not gotten one
yeah if you wanted an FGO-like death spiral that goes upwards of 5 digit dollar amounts to get what you want the weapon banner is it, wanting to build for a 5* weapon intentionally is a level of whaling nobody with limited disposable funds should ever do

build around craftable, blackcliff, or BP weapons

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah rolling on the weapon banner isn't a bad idea but absolutely do not plan on getting anything in particular, just work with what shows up.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Wanted a C2 XQ without spending the glitter and need to build pulls for Venti anyway, so decided to burn a few rolls. Got C2 Chongus, which is nifty because he fits into comps. Got C2 XL... which isn't huge for me but hey, she's a good support that puts in the work. Then I got Hu Tao, effectively burning away 34 rolls and keeping me out dangerously out of Venti double pity. :/

She can join Childe on the "gently caress you I'm not buying you a 5*" bench for free standard pulls. Will have to pray to score Venti with only ~132 rolls. :/

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Pulled some more since I was approaching pity and got Xiangling from c4-6 and Diluc! I'm okay with this, a streamer I watch blew over $5000 trying to get him

How's he compare to Klee? I've got her geared up pretty well but I'm really sick of how finicky the attack/charge range are after maining Ganyu the last few weeks and just destroying most enemies at range

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

where Klee can be finicky and has different techs to learn, Diluc is incredibly straightforward while still being powerful. just slam your giant sword into enemies and enjoy the feeling of stunlocking/juggling them while you weave skill uses into his combo. if you've got Diluc/Bennett/XQ/anemo you have his best team ready to go, though you can easily replace anemo for Zhongli or a Petra support too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

35 pulls got me two XQs, one Xiangling, and...a my third Rainslasher. Still no popsicle. Game really doesn't want me to have him, my only missing 4 star.

Not the best luck but pleased with the XQs as that puts him at C5 and have enough starglitter to get C6 if I want to.

Sitting at 70 pulls with gems for about 30 more. Think I'll wait to see what the next banner is before deciding what to do. Interested in a Venti rerun.

I would give you my C6 Chong if I could. I don't use him at all.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Some Numbers posted:

I would give you my C6 Chong if I could. I don't use him at all.

Get yourself tested because you have no taste

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Framboise posted:

Trying to get a specific weapon on the weapon banner is usually a bad idea, because there's never a guarantee. The only thing that makes the character banner tolerable is that you're always building towards a guarantee, but you could hypothetically hit the pity multiple times without getting your preferred weapon from the weapon banner. I rolled on this one just because either of the two weapons would have been great.

Being broke with Mora isn't too bad with higher WL though; with a single day's resin you can quickly grind up like 400k or something.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Alongside the listed elements, I think there are some hidden element values the most notable being explosive/destructive.

Certain things are more effectively damage by this, some being Lawachurl geo shields/ice shields, rock shield Hilichurl/Mitachurls, and ores. Attacks that have this property are sword/polearm plunge attacks, all attacks done by greatswords, Klee's auto attacks, overloaded, and most Geo attacks. However, I don't think the explosive property is innate to Geo elemental damage. It just so happens that almost every single instance of Geo elemental damage the player can use has this property. One of the exceptions can be seen if you try to break rocks using Geo Traveler's C6. Despite the final hit being Geo element, it doesn't break Mitachurl rock shields any more effectively than regular sword attacks. On the other hand, Anemo Traveler's wind blade on the auto attack can pop Dandelions for gathering like other Anemo things. Furthermore, the strength of this hidden element also differs depending on the attack that triggers it. This can be seen with how Beidou takes 4 attacks to break rocks if you start from the beginning of her attack chain, but only takes 3 her final hit is one of the ones involved.

For Abyss Mage shields, I believe that this explosive property counts as one additional source of damage to break through the shields, making them more effective than just regular attacks or wrong elements, but still less effective than the correct element overall.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Boris Galerkin posted:

E: Does the weapon banner get its own pity counter separate from the rest?

Yes. The pity counter is also lower, at 80 instead of 90.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rolled Hu Tao from soft pity, then decided to spend the rest on weapon banner, since I was on 100 % of the 50/50 drop. Was still far from soft pity, but there's two more weeks from Welkin, right?

Got Homa in twenty rolls, so that's taken care of, I guess.

Current overworld team: Noelle, Hu Tao, Qiqi, Ganyu

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Alongside the listed elements, I think there are some hidden element values the most notable being explosive/destructive.

Certain things are more effectively damage by this, some being Lawachurl geo shields/ice shields, rock shield Hilichurl/Mitachurls, and ores. Attacks that have this property are sword/polearm plunge attacks, all attacks done by greatswords, Klee's auto attacks, overloaded, and most Geo attacks. However, I don't think the explosive property is innate to Geo elemental damage. It just so happens that almost every single instance of Geo elemental damage the player can use has this property. One of the exceptions can be seen if you try to break rocks using Geo Traveler's C6. Despite the final hit being Geo element, it doesn't break Mitachurl rock shields any more effectively than regular sword attacks. On the other hand, Anemo Traveler's wind blade on the auto attack can pop Dandelions for gathering like other Anemo things. Furthermore, the strength of this hidden element also differs depending on the attack that triggers it. This can be seen with how Beidou takes 4 attacks to break rocks if you start from the beginning of her attack chain, but only takes 3 her final hit is one of the ones involved.

For Abyss Mage shields, I believe that this explosive property counts as one additional source of damage to break through the shields, making them more effective than just regular attacks or wrong elements, but still less effective than the correct element overall.

Another example of geo damage with no "break value" is Ningguang's plunge attack. Which doesn't even touch rocks or shields.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

All the catalyst plunges are the same empty fart attacks.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, they're weak and whatever, but while Ningguang's attacks can normally break rocks (unlike other catalysts), her plunge attack can't for whatever reason. Even though it does geo damage. Which was my point.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Klee is the same they are all the same which was my point boomshakalaka

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Like barbara turns into a blue ball which is silly they are all silly I don’t like them. Hell Klee and Ning turning into element balls makes sense for the character but why are barb and sucrose that’s dumb.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

kater posted:

Klee is the same they are all the same which was my point boomshakalaka

Other than Klee and Ningguang, none of the other catalyst users can hurt rocks at all, with any of their moves, which I think you might have missed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Pulled some more since I was approaching pity and got Xiangling from c4-6 and Diluc! I'm okay with this, a streamer I watch blew over $5000 trying to get him

How's he compare to Klee? I've got her geared up pretty well but I'm really sick of how finicky the attack/charge range are after maining Ganyu the last few weeks and just destroying most enemies at range
Diluc is very not finicky. You always pair Diluc with Xingqiu because that's ten times better than anything else Diluc does. Then you just vaporize as many of his normal attack and E hits as possible (which is most of them).

I've been using Diluc/Bennett/Xiangling/Xingqiu as one of my floor 12 sides and not much do it, just spam your ults and vaporize. I think the general understanding is that Klee does a bit more damage than Diluc without Xingqiu, but give both Xingqiu and it's slightly Diluc favored. If you don't like playing Klee it's a good reason to try him out (serpent Spine is a very good weapon for him if you have BP, otherwise just use Archaic).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 3, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Get yourself tested because you have no taste

You run Chongyun as a carry, right? What artifact set works for him? I have him mostly built out, but I use him pretty much exclusively for his ult and as Ganyu crit bonus.

I rolled a Hu tao. Rolled 3 10 sets on the weapon banner and got The Bell twice, and a lithic spear.

Which spear is good for her that's not a 5 star? I mostly rolled for her because I'm having a hard time with all the frost creatures in the abyss. I have a crescent pike (which is on Xiangling, so I don't really want to move it), a Lithic Spear, the Dragonspine Spear, and an R4 Black Tassel. (Had an R5, but I accidentally consumed it. Stupid non-locking 3 stars).

Which of those last 3 would be good in the abyss? The big turn off of the Lithic spear is that I don't have a Liyue healer (since the only one is a 5 star). The dragon spine does the physical damage icicle damage boost, which I confirmed works when she's in her fire mode, and the ice slimes always have cyro on them so that's an extra buff. ...but If I'm going to be overly concerned about those drat ice slimes, my black tassel has an 80% damage buff, HP% as a substat, and it can be reused against any other types of slimes in the future. The dragon spine has phsycial damage % as a substat, which I doubt synergizes with her elemental skill, and Lithic spear has attack % as a substat, which I'm not sure if it synergizes well with her attack boost from low HP.

Really don't know where to go with her on that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

White tassel R5 might be better than any of those options (depends on how much you charge attack - if you charge attack a lot possibly not but it's still probably your best option). They're only found in chests. If you buy BP deathmatch is the go-to spear.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 3, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You run Chongyun as a carry, right? What artifact set works for him? I have him mostly built out, but I use him pretty much exclusively for his ult and as Ganyu crit bonus.

Gladiator's if you can get a good set. As a claymore carry, the 4-piece bonus is the most valuable for him. Blizzard Strayer is an ok alternative and easier to farm. If you're procing reactions, 2pc-glads/2pc-blizzard is better than 4pc-blizzard because you're not going to have Cryo up a lot to benefit from the extra crit.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

White tassel R5 might be better than any of those options (depends on how much you charge attack - if you charge attack a lot possibly not but it's still probably your best option). They're only found in chests. If you buy BP deathmatch is the go-to spear.

Goddang, already picked the Spine claymore :mad:

edit: What other items are chest only?

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 3, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Goddang, already picked the Spine claymore :mad:

edit: What other items are chest only?
I'm not sure. I didn't even know there were chest-only items until someone mentioned it about White Tassel. Serpent Spine is an incredible weapon, you didn't pick wrong, but yes five weeks is a long time to wait for another Deathmatch.

EDIT:

going off of fandom, chest-only weapons look to be:

Traveler's Handy Sword
Fillet Blade
White Iron Greatsword
Skyrider Greatsword
Halberd
White Tassel
Otherworldly Story
Twin Nephrite
Messenger
Recurve Bow

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 3, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i pulled a skyward blade for my standard five star. gonna become a traveler main.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

kater posted:

i pulled a skyward blade for my standard five star. gonna become a traveler main.
Noelle, Albedo, Geo Traveler, Fischl. It's a real comp! Also don't C6 your geo traveler.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 3, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol what’s that about. The c6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It makes your rocks hang around for longer. I hate it! Although thinking about it it's probably good because it makes the crit rate from the ult last longer...... so maybe it's ok.