Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I think it's almost safe to assume that the company did get some emails along the lines of "Don't do the boob/butt pose, plz" and ignored them, since private individual complaints are easily ignored, even if they from the same person. Public action gets results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This looks neat, and just goes to show the Batman KS seems to have been poorly managed, as this got fully founded pretty much instantly

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

COINs can be ran with 0 players too right? How about Clockwork Root?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Here's the discussion on BGG:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2612018/can-we-talk-about-women-box-cover/page/1

The box originally had obvious male gazey shots of the female characters on the cover and so after it was pointed out, the creators fixed the artwork to be more respectful and that made all the chuds flip their lid about censorship and free speech and poo poo.
I never noticed how ridiculous that waist twisting stance is in general.

Seems like an easy fix to change the art and I can't see why anyone would have an issue with it changing but here we are

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

djfooboo posted:

COINs can be ran with 0 players too right? How about Clockwork Root?

People have done it for Root.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

Getting in on Undead or Alive for cheap pulp western miniatures, so I have a question for those who've done the CMON Giant Box of Minis campaigns. Should I add pledge extensions (ie. shipping, extra boxes, etc.) now or will I be able to add them later in a pledge manager? The FAQ wasn't clear on that.

I dont own any zombicide and I wasn't super interested in this until they added the horses and more unique monsters but now I'm considering it

But then what if the next zombicide has a better theme?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

One Stop Co-op Shop did a prototype playthrough/review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0Qttjn-us

Very positive toward it, said it reminds him of Under Falling Skies

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

CODChimera posted:

I dont own any zombicide and I wasn't super interested in this until they added the horses and more unique monsters but now I'm considering it

But then what if the next zombicide has a better theme?

The horses costing an extra $30 is irritating, but I might back the game so I can paint 20000 miniatures in retirement.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’ve been trying to get miniatures for Dracula’s America and no one makes western plastics. I doubt I’ll even touch the actual game.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

sportsgenius86 posted:

I feel like the initial state of the cover was decent enough that Hargrave could’ve just reached out to Gamelyn first.

I mean, I get where she’s coming from but I don’t think the initial cover really warranted the reaction this has caused. It doesn’t seem like anyone has benefitted from any of this.

Sorry, but no. If this were done behind the scenes, it almost certainly would not have been changed. The public angle is necessary to get the change to happen through shame, and also serves a public good by instructing those of us who may not have noticed what was actually wrong.

Edit: V V V V V I totally forgot that one, that is a much, much better example than the TMG Doesn't Pay Its Designers thread that I had previously used.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 3, 2021

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

See: the designer of Race for the Galaxy privately telling a company "you know there's literally no non white people in the art, right" and they completely ignored him, and only after our own Mayveena made a public call-out thread on bgg did anything happen (including similar shitheads getting banned)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The $120 HERITAGE level includes everything in the MASTER CRAFTSMAN level, but I'll put it in a blue Royal Dansk butter cookie tin.

This looks cool.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh man I love the 'packaged in a cookie tin' bit. :3:

(We got some of those cookies this past christmas, and now my younger son is housing some of his imaginext dudes in it.)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Tin of Lies!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Just to be clear: the lower-priced versions are much, much lower, especially if you only want digital, or cards and paper maps to draw on, or want the cloth maps but can provide your own sewing supplies.

The lower-priced versions are also still available, after the initial rush for biscuit tins and such.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

silvergoose posted:

See: the designer of Race for the Galaxy privately telling a company "you know there's literally no non white people in the art, right" and they completely ignored him, and only after our own Mayveena made a public call-out thread on bgg did anything happen (including similar shitheads getting banned)

the real "race for the galaxy" is white people

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

homullus posted:

it's not called the Milky Way for nothing

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

homullus posted:

Note that rftg is not the game that had all white people art, it was Alma Mater.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

silvergoose posted:

Note that rftg is not the game that had all white people art, it was Alma Mater.

I have to assume that's a different Alma Mater than the one I've read. It had people of color in the art. Two of them! One was a drug dealer selling pills to a junkie currently tying off his arm and visibly with the shakes, and the other was a pimp savagely beating up a teenager in a public bathroom! 1982 was a dark and awful time.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

theironjef posted:

I have to assume that's a different Alma Mater than the one I've read. It had people of color in the art. Two of them! One was a drug dealer selling pills to a junkie currently tying off his arm and visibly with the shakes, and the other was a pimp savagely beating up a teenager in a public bathroom! 1982 was a dark and awful time.

It's the boardgame that came out last year, or possibly 2019.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So, I'm doing #ZineQuest this year!
I kicked myself for missing the window last year when the plague hit, but not this time!

I realized that there really... hasn't been much in the way of contemporary mutant animal RPGs since the big one, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness. So I decided to work a modernized version, new and improved! This isn't your daddy's mutant animal RPG! Well, I mean, it is, but it's also better. Let's be honest.

Also, it's got art by Fábio Fontes of Millennium Blades, Pixel Tactics, and Dunkehr! It's great to have somebody who doesn't mind drawing a literal trash panda, no, not a raccoon, a literal trash panda.

Give it a look, and share it around if you don't mind. I've been working out ways to take all the I did in my FATAL & Friends reviews and turn into something positive and cool. I've torn down, now it's time to tear... up? I'm not sure that works, but there's no time to worry about it now. Go go go!

Backed this as it looks very cool!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

mllaneza posted:

Greg Stolze just launch a Kickstarter for a Termination Shock supplement,

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gregstolze/different-trouble

I should F&F Termination Shock, it's a really clever system.

I'm always sad that for a guy who really pioneered crowdsourcing for RPGs prior to Kickstarter, his stuff doesn't blow up more unless it's for an older game.

Backed this, though it's unclear if it'll fund.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

LeSquide posted:

I'm always sad that for a guy who really pioneered crowdsourcing for RPGs prior to Kickstarter, his stuff doesn't blow up more unless it's for an older game.

Backed this, though it's unclear if it'll fund.

I think it's maybe one of those things where he's mostly known in the context of sort of middleweight stuff like Reign and Unknown Armies with specific publishers, and things like Termination Shock skew more outright indie and might attract a different crowd...but that crowd doesn't know him so much.

I dunno. I think I've backed almost every project he's done since like 2012 when I started with KS, so I'm just guessing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I've backed a ton of Solzte kickstarters. Always cool, but it's a bummer they don't tend to do incredibly well. I still really like my copy of Dinosaurs... in SPACE.

Jumped in on The One Ring. I always liked the ideas in the design, so an improved version has my attention.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Hey all you RPG lovers. A friend & colleague launched a new game a couple days ago which he's been working on for a couple years now, Coyote & Crow, set in an alternate future of the Americas where colonization never occurred. The game is "created and led by a team of Native Americans representing more than a dozen tribes" and generally looks awesome. It's already blown up way more than the creator expected, but I'm just super stoked for him and want to help share in his excitement and promote the game a bit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/connoralexander/coyote-and-crow/

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Rid posted:

Backed this as it looks very cool!

Thanks! A big part of our success is thanks to goon weight behind this project!

So, we're into the final days, as it ends Friday midnight (GMT-5)! Every stretch goal I set has been hit, which means more art, a bigger 'zine, and a bigger payout for my contributors! Take a look at how far we've come!

Also I'm going to have a twitch.tv stream where I'll do a blind play of TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan, PlatinumGames' finest work, at 8pm Friday 3/5 (also GMT-5)!

31 hours left! I'm freaking out!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

malkav11 posted:

I think it's maybe one of those things where he's mostly known in the context of sort of middleweight stuff like Reign and Unknown Armies with specific publishers, and things like Termination Shock skew more outright indie and might attract a different crowd...but that crowd doesn't know him so much.

I dunno. I think I've backed almost every project he's done since like 2012 when I started with KS, so I'm just guessing.

A big problem is that he's been pushing Termination Shock mainly as an actual play podcast, which while fun isn't a way to make people buzzy about your game. In fact I don't think I've seen people talk about it at all.

The old Greg Stolze thread has been pretty dormant lately, apart from Reign and Unknown Armies discussion.

It's not a widely known or played game, so when he puts up a kickstarter that has no previews of its content, then he's banking a lot on a rep that's gone pretty quiet.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I wasn't very impressed with Termination Shock to be honest. I got it, read like 20 pages, and put it down. Barely remember it because it didn't grab me at all.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Forgive me if this has come up before, but I'm extremely interested in Crawler as it's not just one zine but four with some really, really cool art and ideas.

quote:

Crawler is set on an alternate Earth with a few key differences from ours:

It's populated by Humans and Elves and Dwarves and Orcs and all the fun fantasy friends are invited (but none of the racist fantasy tropes)
Magic exists as a raw natural resource that is fracked, drilled, and mined out of the earth at massive scale, then refined to power society and produce consumer commodities; individual magic use is very strictly regulated, which makes you and your fantasy pipeline-hating comrades a band of charismatic outlaws
Instead of warming, the planet is cooling dangerously quickly towards a catastrophic ice-age. This is indeed linked to human magic extraction, but the industry is super great at lying about it
Instead of fascists and idiot militias, Crawler's got liches and necromancy gangs
The story begins on the surface world, and then follows a foul plot deep below the earth. Adventurers will descend (and descend, and descend) and discover that the source of magic is inextricably linked to earth's past mass extinctions, and to a dark secret in the Black Shields' history. Oh, and giant fantasy insects from space.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sounds neat but their tiers are confusing, took me a minute to find the all PDFs tier.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Forgive me if this has come up before, but I'm extremely interested in Crawler as it's not just one zine but four with some really, really cool art and ideas.
Yeah that one was p much an instant back when I saw it. Might need to try and convert it over to Lancer for my group though.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I wasn't very impressed with Termination Shock to be honest. I got it, read like 20 pages, and put it down. Barely remember it because it didn't grab me at all.

There's some honestly interesting dice mechanics in the game, and it has the same mechanical depth for social interaction as for combat. I probably will fail to convey any of this in an F&F.

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

This looks very cute.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
There's a new Valeria: Card Kingdoms KS up:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dailymagicgames/valeria-card-kingdoms-darksworn

This one introduces a cooperative mode, as well as a slightly revised reprint of the base game, reprints of Flames and Frost and Crimson Sea, a bigger storage box, and addons for the couple of new elements in the second edition revision for people who already have the base game.

I'm a little skeptical about coop for this sort of light dicey tableau-builder, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I do really like the game overall. Everything that appeals to me about Catan or Machi Koro (getting resources from other people's dice rolls, basically), but more of a game and more variety. I know there's a couple other games in that vein like Space Base, and I do look forward to trying those at some point, but I can't currently compare.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Does anyone have any thoughts on Eternal Palace? I'm enamored by the "create a painting" aspect of it (and is basically why I got Canvas), but the rest of the game seems kinda standard Euro.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Hah, I looked at that and kind of feel the same way. I'd want to play because of the painting part, but I suspect it's not the star.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Along with supporting The One Ring 2e, I've also thrown my hat in for these two kickstarters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lets-role/lets-role-an-immersive-and-easy-to-use-virtual-tabletop

Even though I've been using Foundry VTT as my go-to option, I really like to encourage competition. And the idea of getting another free option for the VTT scene to put Roll20 into a headlock made it an easy choice. I'll definitely be testing this one out once they open up the alpha in a week or so.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1024146278/dungeon-alchemisttm

The video on this looked neat, but didn't grab me entirely... Until they showcased being able to edit the generated rooms after-the-fact. I love Dungeondraft, but it doesn't actually meet my needs for a true "randomize a map" for unexpected things in my games. I'm looking forward to see how this one works once it is released.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Do you like megadungeons? Did you think Barrowmaze needed more dwarves? Dwarrowdeep is a fourth megadungeon in what's apparently the Barrowmaze sexology. POD with OSR or 5e stats, and there's also a 10th anniversary version of the original Barrowmaze with a grogbait cover and a grognardia foreword.

I didn't realise he was doing six of the buggers.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

DIFFERENT TROUBLE update aka I'm not sure this man knows how to run a kickstarter.

quote:

We're closing in on the end, everyone, and it's a nail-biter. I'm hoping this gets a last-minute rush of backers to get it made, and to make that happen, I'm doing two things.

#1 -- I'M RUNNING GAMES
Check out the reward tiers, because there are two new ones. You can do an end-run around quarantine by getting into one of two Discord-run online games with me, next month. They're not cheap -- unless, of course, you had a budget for conventions and want to compare this to getting a hotel room and a plane ticket. If you want to swing for the fences with a unique experience, this is the one.

#2 -- I'M ASKING FOR HELP
I don't enjoy going back to the well when you've already backed and done so much, but I want to get this book to you and it looks like I can't do that alone. So if you're already a backer and want to upgrade to a new tier, do that if if feels right... but what would really help more is if every backer reached out to some other SF fan or game fan and said "Hey, check out DIFFERENT TROUBLE, it sounds like something you'd like." I can promote it all day, but the personal touch carries a lot more weight. Please help me with this, so I can get this book to you.

Also, hey, have some more sample pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

"pay me to play my game with you" is a ks classic not sure what you mean