Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
How dare the left do this to a proud woman of color whose only crime was just posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lib and let die posted:

So...we buy Lewinski an account?
honestly her twitter game is pretty good

she's no shitposter but she definitely has made some funny tweets about it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

How dare the left do this to a proud woman of color whose only crime was just posting

really my only problem with this is that we're letting people forget she literally wanted to do trump's 'keep the oil' thing like four years before he did.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lol, corporate media people are admitting that they screwed up by making their entire system all about criticism of Trump because now even the slightest criticism of anyone in power loses them subscribers/ratings.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The people obsessing over her tweets are the same people who obssess over Trump tweets.:magemage:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Who are all the "I guess white men are allowed to mean tweet :mad:" tweets even in reference to? Trump's Twitter arguably cost him reelection, lord knows it's the only thing about him that actually made boomers mad

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

So...we buy Lewinski an account?

No, I already have one tyvm

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also roughly 100% of people with that take have also had one blaming Briahna Gray's mean tweets for Bernie losing lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Who are all the "I guess white men are allowed to mean tweet :mad:" tweets even in reference to? Trump's Twitter arguably cost him reelection, lord knows it's the only thing about him that actually made boomers mad

it's a reference to the foundational belief of liberal feminism: that upper-class women should be able to behave as horribly with impunity as upper-class men are

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

if they’re true Neera fans they’d be referring to Matt Bruenig who clearly has won this posting war despite a crushing defeat in the first posting battle.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

Also the entire Bernie Bro thing (recycled from the Obama Boys) was about his toxic online male supporters which is why he shouldn't have been nominated.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 16:12 on Mar 3, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wild to think that despite being the new improved yas queen vp harris has now turned down two opportunities to exert authority with her normally useless job and turned down both of them most vps never get even one opportunity like that the only other one in my lifetime was pence and turning it down destroyed his career since the republican base actually expects their leaders to do stuff

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, on the one hand, Matt Bruenig isn't director of OMB either

but on the other hand they do view being denied a job you deserve as roughly equivalent to painful death and Matt Bruenig is still alive

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

Alsonrhe entire Bernie Bro thing (recycled from the Obama Boys) was about Taintrunner which is why he shouldn't have been nominated.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I gotta say, I think this thread title might be wrong and the Dems are actually bad!!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

Alsonrhe entire Bernie Bro thing (recycled from the Obama Boys) was about his toxic online male supporters which is why he shouldn't have been nominated.

Bernie, of course, did not mean tweet himself, and he didn't get his dream job either

just complete logical mishmash

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its time to return to CIVILITY, if your disrespectful your rear end is GONE from the biden administration, im SO glad to have a president who doesnt tweet at 2am

*neera has to take a slightly less public job*

what. the. gently caress.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I gotta say, I think this thread title might be wrong and the Dems are actually bad!!!!

You can't possibly expect anyone to fall for this one.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

I mean, on the one hand, Matt Bruenig isn't director of OMB either

but on the other hand they do view being denied a job you deserve as roughly equivalent to painful death and Matt Bruenig is still alive

I was referring to Neera getting Matt fired from his job as a columnist.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

docbeard posted:

You can't possibly expect anyone to fall for this one.

I only do SYQ posts in context to an ongoing discussion. It’s no fun if they are random.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Edit: Wrong Thread

UHHH
Where's my 2000?!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I was referring to Neera getting Matt fired from his job as a columnist.

lol I forgot about this

the lore is deep

even that just makes the rules about mean tweets completely consistent though!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1367127876957442050

SIX of them in the house can kill the whole bill if there is no 15 dollar wage in it. SIX.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

spacetoaster posted:

Lol, corporate media people are admitting that they screwed up by making their entire system all about criticism of Trump because now even the slightest criticism of anyone in power loses them subscribers/ratings.

I knew the media was addicted to Trump but I didn't predict they'd be basically made to go cold turkey this hard

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

of all the directions for taintrunner lore to go, "is literally, factually the ur-bernie bro" was not one I expected, but it's god drat hilarious

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Another poster that flew too close to the sun

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1367127876957442050

SIX of them in the house can kill the whole bill if there is no 15 dollar wage in it. SIX.

I thought this was entirely on Bernie, why is yas kween pelosi allowing him to sexistly put it on her

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

Another poster that flew too close to the sun

he should have made sure he had consent first

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/Mimirocah1/status/1366945696268644354

omg all the worst people are so invested in neera tanden

they ran an entire campaign on stopping trump from mean tweeting lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I knew the media was addicted to Trump but I didn't predict they'd be basically made to go cold turkey this hard

They're probably as mad as he is that he's been deplatformed. hosed up their whole business model.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

a real dog-catching-the-car moment

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thoguh posted:

They're probably as mad as he is that he's been deplatformed. hosed up their whole business model.

is randy rainbow still making trump videos or what

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Teachers can get fired if they show up in social media doing totally legal stuff if some parents get a bug up their rear end about drinking alcohol and having too much fun doing it but yeah Neera being an rear end to people that she would eventually need to give to confirm her to a job and the ramification is she has to take another well paying job that doesn't have a vote associated is where the problem is.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

Teachers can get fired if they show up in social media doing totally legal stuff if some parents get a bug up their rear end about drinking alcohol and having too much fun doing it but yeah Neera being an rear end to people that she would eventually need to give to confirm her to a job and the ramification is she has to take another well paying job that doesn't have a vote associated is where the problem is.

i'm reminded of a story i heard in college about a principal and superintendent who crossed state lines to go to a strip club and then found a teacher was working there and got her fired

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i'm reminded of a story i heard in college about a principal and superintendent who crossed state lines to go to a strip club and then found a teacher was working there and got her fired

There were a few when the teacher was hounded out for being a stripper prior to being employed as a teacher.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1367134712964251648

just a big lol at this point.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What is even the point of being a country anymore?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How can you phase out checks that haven't been sent?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Eggplant Squire posted:

How can you phase out checks that haven't been sent?

By further means testing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Holy God. The stimulus is the only thing keeping this country together. Lol