Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

One of my main co-op memories of LP2 was some underwater part that had two giant monsters swimming around.

Both of our mechs got trashed fighting them, but we managed to get back up the wall. My friend went back to grab another suit. I chose to start grabbing the VS weapons laying around and plink at them.

By the time he got all the way back, got a new suit, and got back to me, I already killed both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Catching up from last page, but Gato Roboto is a pretty shameless Metroid descendent, with some power ups replaced by a cat.

And congratulations bovis! I hope every one was safe during your COVID-themed wedding.

I only seriously played LP1 of the series, but I recall it having a very dramatic end battle. One of those situations where they change up the mechanics at the last second rather than just put a big enemy in your way. I hope I’m not misremembering that.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Underwater missions were a huge slog. Did you know that you can launch your friends into the air if you hit them a few times with the grappling hook? Did you know that there is no way to recover from your falling animation so they have to watch their character flail around helplessly in "everything-is-low-gravity" water until they hit the ground?

God I loved that game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

two capcom games in development at the same time, both have levels where you ride a vehicle while fighting a sandworm and bad underwater stuff, how deep does this conspiracy go

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Dark Cloud 2 just keeps on piling on new systems and mechanics.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Rinkles posted:

Dark Cloud 1 is my favourite game of all time (I used to be an admin or mod on the wiki when I was 15. Jesus, my user page there is maximum cringe) but I never got a chance to play 2 until the PS4 re-release and it just didn't stick. I got to the Rainbow Butterfly Woods but fell off hard.

Draga fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 3, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Rogue Galaxy was built on top of Dark Cloud 2, right? (playing the latter atm) Because the controls feel similar and the menus identical.

Yep

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Yeah it was exhausting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I started Dark Cloud 2 a bit ago on my PS2 and I can't parse that voice as anything except Robin.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

people get really hung up on the dungeon golf I guess, and always insisted that dark cloud 2 was the better game, and I like it a lot but am extremely skeptical that anything they add in 2 is actually an improvement over 1

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The voice acting was definitely one of the things I disliked about DC2. After playing so much of 1 with no voice acting outside of battle grunts, it just felt wrong in 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The problem with dc2 imho is that they added all this poo poo without making the combat any better. It still blows.

At least they removed thirst i guess.

There was also something so nice about repairing the town and getting the placement of everything right in the first game and they went and bloated it up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hahahahahaha

Okay so Wizard101 story time.

Kingsisle put up a bundle about a week ago testing out a new thing. For $2 a month you would get a card pack a week containing spellements. Spellements are things used to craft spells and upgrade spells and you generally only get them from buying card packs with premium currency and the spellements are mixed in with a bunch of other items so you might get them or you might not, so for $2 a month you end up getting a pack a week that is guaranteed to only have spellements and since we already pay a total of $14 a month between the both of us, making it $18 a month isn't that big of a deal.

Now I don't know what the problem was but after they introduced this bundle last week, they ended up taking it away the same day, erasing the news link talking about it, removing the option to buy it from the shop, though they left a tweet up announcing it as well as leaving a sign up in the shop advertising it but it didn't do anything when you clicked on it. On their unlisted news link they had added a note saying they took the deal down to deal with an error with the bundle.

Well yesterday they put the bundle back up and KCB and I bought it. Then Kingsisle took down the bundle again because of a bug that occurred for some of the players. This bug did not affect KCB but it did affect me. Basically, my membership status now no longer exists. KCB and I can both check our membership statuses and the website lists that we're both members and by all means we should have access to all of the things a member has access to, but when I'm in the game itself I am no longer a member. There's a button in the top left that tells me to upgrade my account, I can no longer access any area past the 2nd questing place of the first world because the rest are all locked behind being a member or paying premium currency to unlock each place piecemeal. So here I am, a level 65 life wizard and I can no longer access the area I'm supposed to be questing in, all because Kingsisle screwed up somehow with a $2/month card bundle.

Lol it's just so ridiculously incompetent, I don't know how they managed to screw things up so badly or how this kind of glitch even happens. It makes sense why they tweeted out on the 1st of March that they're currently looking to hire QA testers

https://twitter.com/KingsIsle/status/1366464288668475397

Also here are some more bits of artwork from the newest zone.

That burger just looks like the annoying hot dog from perfect hair forever

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Played some more Dota 2 last night because I can't help myself and I'm like 12 hours on from getting so heated at one of my teammates that I had to get up and walk around my apartment and I'm still vaguely mad about Dota. I'm not sure this is good or healthy but uhhhhh gonna keep playing Dota because it makes me feel alive

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Played some more Dota 2 last night because I can't help myself and I'm like 12 hours on from getting so heated at one of my teammates that I had to get up and walk around my apartment and I'm still vaguely mad about Dota. I'm not sure this is good or healthy but uhhhhh gonna keep playing Dota because it makes me feel alive

Please take care of yourself. Dota is no laughing matter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Game safe everybody. Remember to take regular breaks

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Especially in the middle of a Dota game when your dumb rear end Ogre Magi won't use his drat STUN

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

absolutely not

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Please stop playing dota.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Don't let the dota rage take you, it can be such a rage-inducing thing and it is okay to be frustrated and angry but it is good to take a breather so you can work those feelings and emotions out in a healthy way.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I will play a different game poorly with you if it helps you not play Dota.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
We could play promethean, a game that will not be sad or depressing at all

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
For all the different opinions in chat thread it's nice we can all come together and agree no one should be subjected to Dota.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Dota lets me learn all sorts of new swear words.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dota is a swear word

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Some of my most fun gaming experiences happened with me and some friends playing league of legends.

Some of my absolute worst gaming experiences happened with me and one very angry and mean person playing league of legends.

They even said they wouldn't shout and get angry over the game and then the game starts and they were immediately just perma-raging, like goddamn what a way to just sap the fun out of everything.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm playing the calamity mod of terraria and it's pretty cool, adds some new biomes and bosses and a ton of new items

in between bits of command mission and pokemon at least

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Magical Melody update: I met a girl called Gwen who said she was a good cook so I decided to woo her so I gave her a mushroom and then I found a flower so I went back to give her that too but she said she only needed one gift a day and now the girl I like thinks I'm a creeper :negative:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I am thinking either more minecraft or more yakuza kiwami 2.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Magical Melody update: I met a girl called Gwen who said she was a good cook so I decided to woo her so I gave her a mushroom and then I found a flower so I went back to give her that too but she said she only needed one gift a day and now the girl I like thinks I'm a creeper :negative:

you fool. you clown. you absolute buffoon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Instead, play every nintendo hamtaro game

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I'm taking bets on how long it takes SNU to say the gamer word in dota, who wants in?

VideoGames posted:

Either is a good choice but Kiwami 2 fucks so hard. Have you been to Sotenbori Castle yet?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

wuggles posted:

Either is a good choice but Kiwami 2 fucks so hard. Have you been to Sotenbori Castle yet?

Not yet! I have just done the first Majima Construction mission :3: That was a hoot, I missed the mad dog so much!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

VideoGames posted:

Not yet! I have just done the first Majima Construction mission :3: That was a hoot, I missed the mad dog so much!

oh yeah that's a good one too

hm should I play Y3 or just replay YK2

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Me, logging into the Dota client:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_tIg31yfXo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

wuggles posted:

oh yeah that's a good one too

hm should I play Y3 or just replay YK2

kiwami 2 has way better gameplay but 3 has a way better story. imo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am three games in (Played and beaten Yak 0 and Kiwami 1) and I still have four to go after this - if the others are as silly and funny then it has to be the funniest game series there is, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kirby fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Me, logging into the Dota client:

some people touch the stove and learn