Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Apollodorus posted:

I used it in my dissertation on sociolinguistics in reference to debates about which words are acceptable for different registers of language. They let me graduate so :shrug: I guess it is in fact cromulent.

Boy, I really hope someone was got for that blunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hate this thread

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

And the descriptivist vs perscriptivist debate continues to rage.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The cosmic ballet continues

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd have gone with Homer's improvised breakfast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph3QowmTZ3k

Is a "Tom Collins mix" just, like, lemonade? Or premixed lemonade and gin?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Water, high fructose corn syrup, and artificial flavors.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

flavor.flv posted:

The cosmic ballet continues

♪ [ Humming With Calliope Music ]

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Finally, the perfect opportunity to post the best theater marquee I ever got away with.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You are a good person.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

mind the walrus posted:

You are a perfectly cromulent person.

:hmmyes:

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

My favourite Townsend moment is I believe the pemmican episode where he pronounces Métis (meh tea) like it rhymes with lettuce, got corrected by every comment, then in pt 2 pronounces it correctly with no mention.

He also accidently pissed off a bunch of trump supporters when he made a dessert drink called Orange Fool.

frankee fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 3, 2021

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
By Sprungfeld!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Cacator posted:

I don't know why, it's a perfectly cromulent word.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
cromulent doesn't have a definition, you use it when you can't think of the proper cromulent

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

frankee posted:

He also accidently pissed off a bunch of trump supporters when he made a dessert drink called Orange Fool.
It was a whole overblown thing as that recipe was posted right after the 2016 election and he even had to make an apology video.

Nikumatic posted:

Finally, the perfect opportunity to post the best theater marquee I ever got away with.

:kstare:

:dudsmile:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

haha, I had Animaniacs s01e07's Piano Rag in my mind when I responded

quote:

YAKKO: Very Pete Townsend-esque.
DOT: Who?
WAKKO: Exactly.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Cocaine Bear posted:

Boy, I really hope someone was got for that blunder.

Not likely, my committee members were all tenured faculty. Who probably didn’t read the whole dissertation

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Brutal Garcon posted:

Is a "Tom Collins mix" just, like, lemonade? Or premixed lemonade and gin?

It's premixed lemon juice and sugar syrup, not necessarily at a lemonade-esque ratio. The idea is that you buy a bottle of Collins mix, then mix it with your own gin and club soda to make the cocktail without having to provide your own lemon juice or syrup. There's a whole market out there of bottled cocktail mixes for poo poo like bloody marys, whiskey sours, margaritas, sangrias, and pina coladas where the only thing you're expected to provide is the alcohol and the ice.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Cacator posted:

I don't know why, it's a perfectly cromulent word.

A fact obvious to even the most dimwitted individual with an advanced degree in hyperbolic topology

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Argus Zant posted:

There's a whole market out there of bottled cocktail mixes for poo poo like bloody marys, whiskey sours, margaritas, sangrias, and pina coladas where the only thing you're expected to provide is the alcohol and the ice.

In countries outside the USA they sell cans with the mix + alcohol already in it aka pre-mix. Big world wide brand alcohol. Wild Turkey, Johnny Walker, Captain Morgan etc. It's EVERYWHERE. I have never seen it in my US state here.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

droll posted:

In countries outside the USA they sell cans with the mix + alcohol already in it aka pre-mix. Big world wide brand alcohol. Wild Turkey, Johnny Walker, Captain Morgan etc. It's EVERYWHERE. I have never seen it in my US state here.

America has the concept of a brew-thru though I guess that's as close as we have to a margarita in a can.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lmao

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm pretty sure I've seen jack+cola in cans here in PA, and our liquor laws are hilariously strict. You can't even buy beer or wine in most grocery stores, and when you can you have to have a separate register with it's own hours just to handle those transactions. Outside of that and restaurants/bars, you can only buy beer by the case from a distributor and wine at a state store. Liquor is also only available in state stores.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm pretty sure I've seen jack+cola in cans here in PA, and our liquor laws are hilariously strict. You can't even buy beer or wine in most grocery stores, and when you can you have to have a separate register with it's own hours just to handle those transactions. Outside of that and restaurants/bars, you can only buy beer by the case from a distributor and wine at a state store. Liquor is also only available in state stores.

I've seen them in NYC, but never up here in MA, which has banned happy hour and only allowed liquor sales on Sundays in like, 2003, which was funny for Patriots games.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Baron von Eevl posted:

Those aren’t actual jack daniels whiskey. It’s just malt liquor aka the booze in beer without the rest of it. Same poo poo as zima et al. It just has the flavoring and the permission to call it jack and cola or whatever.

There’s very little real distinction between booze from malted barley and booze from corn or whatever but the government treats it different. Look at some seltzers and you’ll notice some are called beer and some malt liquor. it’s all about the process and how much you have to pay in excise tax to the gov.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Nikumatic posted:

I just want you to know I stole this and posted it on facebook, you're welcome

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Become anime with me and live forever in beauty

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

frankee posted:

loving hell, really? Christ those CHUDs are absolute snowflakes.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
The last few pages were very confusing to me as I thought people were referring to Devin Townsend

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I appreciate this.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Fishstick posted:

The last few pages were very confusing to me as I thought people were referring to Devin Townsend
I would love for devposting to happen but I'm too stupid and unfunny to do it myself

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:dudsmile:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

:allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

haha

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHpp9K_GKzk