Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

tmfc posted:

why is "we shouldn't tolerate sex pests in our party" such a loving contentious opinion to so many people

Unfortunately a lot of people think "we shouldn't tolerate sex pests" is negotiable when the sex pest is part of their favorite team, and believe in their heart of hearts that it's mainly useful as a cudgel against political enemies or politically inconvenient people, which is why a surprising amount of people think it's fine to talk about Cuomo or Franken but not Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Bust Rodd posted:

the photo where he’s hover-handsing over a Flak jacket is not a depiction of sexual assault and it’s demeaning to real victims to group them together.

I see what you mean, but (a) this is the least of what he did, (b) I don't think it's helpful to separate sexual abuse stories by which are most valid or horrifying.

Even if we concede that Franken's offenses are not as bad as Harvey Weinstein's, both of them come from the same place of entitlement to women's bodies. Franken is just a lower step on the same ladder. We don't get to Weinstein without first making allowances for the Frankens of the world.

edit: just saw ur apology post bust! i wrote mine while you were posting yours. no worries and i still respect your opinion

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

because we had to elect Biden, he was the only possible option.

I’m sorry for bringing up Franken, I think we should aim to create a safer space for women everywhere and I apologize for my bad opinion.

I was really just responding to the article I was quoting and not your posts

the GOP absolutely jumped on and weaponized the franken thing, I think that's undeniable. but it was still gross behavior lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bust Rodd posted:

the photo where he’s hover-handsing over a Flak jacket is not a depiction of sexual assault and it’s demeaning to real victims to group them together.

there were more accusations than just the groping photo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That Cuomo photo is terrifying

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Bust Rodd posted:

what they did to Al Franken was a fucken’ joke and it totally worked and all they did was punt one of the only good ones.

Cuomo actually deserves it.

There are no good ones.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

shyduck posted:

That Cuomo photo is terrifying

Uh oh. Cuomo photo? Which one are we talking about here?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Apoplexy posted:

Uh oh. Cuomo photo? Which one are we talking about here?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus.

Also: "Looking at her like she's a vaccine not being actively stored in his rear end or balls."

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
He's making that fava beans noise at her.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/nickwestes/status/1367208685915672576

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
The media double standard on politician sex crime in regards to Democrats is so odious that I get the feeling that Franken could have survived the multiple allegations if it weren’t for the photo

But 15 years ago he just had to prove Liberals Suck Off The Troops More Than Conservatives And Will Also Kiss Them Goodnight and Bam he sunk himself

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The media double standard on politician sex crime in regards to Democrats is so odious that I get the feeling that Franken could have survived the multiple allegations if it weren’t for the photo

But 15 years ago he just had to prove Liberals Suck Off The Troops More Than Conservatives And Will Also Kiss Them Goodnight and Bam he sunk himself

He could have survived it even with the pic imo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

spacemang_spliff posted:

He could have survived it even with the pic imo

he barely would have dropped votes

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

amerikans love rapists; we keep electing them president

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/status/1367255144472211460?s=21

it’s
extremely
cool

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Al franken supported sopa and pipa and israel so he can gently caress off

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
bump

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
the democrat party has nothing but contemptuous hatred for working people, and they are the perverted collaborators with the chud party hellbent on genocide

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
if youre still a lib in 2021 you are a sniveling coward

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Al franken supported sopa and pipa and israel so he can gently caress off

:hai:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

it is really funny how people in the replies are trying to blame the senate on gerrymandering

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lasting Damage posted:

if youre a lib you are a sniveling coward

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/LRonMexico/status/1367925017338601472?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://i.imgur.com/hF5OnKC.mp4

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/allisongeroi/status/1367959525274365954?s=21

https://twitter.com/saoirsegowan/status/1367926339047686147?s=21

the discourse is failing

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1367965646735151105?s=21

Bust Rodd has issued a correction as of 23:43 on Mar 5, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

big day for this today

and i know in my heart it won't be the last one either :laffo:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

It already reminds me of the Trump administration where it starts out terrible and then I realize "oh this is just how things are going to be for the next four years, wonderful"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they have such naked contempt for the common people. really sending me places.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I appreciate that the line for "Biden has not stopped putting kids in cages" is now "oh but there are lawyers and doctors there now"

as we know from history, things always go well when the doctors show up at concentration camps

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Where my loving money and my minimum wage

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am fortunate enough to make way more than the minimum wage and I cannot tell you how heartbroken I am, people deserve dignity and they could have some dignity if this incestuous cabal of demons could possibly be forced to care about the people to elected them to their cushy jobs I hate them I hate them I hate them so much

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Bust Rodd posted:

he barely would have dropped votes

politically speaking, the only thing he did wrong was feeling bad enough about it to resign. he lacked the utter shamelessness necessary to shrug off sexual assault allegations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Bust Rodd posted:

I am fortunate enough to make way more than the minimum wage and I cannot tell you how heartbroken I am, people deserve dignity and they could have some dignity if this incestuous cabal of demons could possibly be forced to care about the people to elected them to their cushy jobs I hate them I hate them I hate them so much

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I honestly thought my loathing of the democrat party couldn't get any deeper.

These people are monsters

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

same

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Sinema is really making a case for outlawing every Democrat Party and the Democrat Party people within.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Gunshow Poophole posted:

federal prison is actually a nicely regulated cakewalk vs state prison

make sure you go down with a federal crime rather than getting stuck in state

lmao im corresponding with a high school buddy of mine who is currently in federal lock-up on gun charges who also did time in state prison (iowa) and he's of the opinion the feds are worse. dude says he has a tumor growing and the infirmary won't see him. also, the food is rotten and everyone has to survive from the commissary.

i got a letter from him yesterday and it says (he's not exactly up on the "im just a bill" song explaining how bills are made and what presidents do) the federal prisoners are mad they haven't gotten their money yet lol.

My buddy in a federal lock-up in CA posted:

I heard that biden voted on the new stimulus package not sure of the outcome as I don't watch t.v. (hipster POS- editors note) and rarely believe anything i hear from other inmates. a lot of people have yet to receive the first $1,200 check. crazy, huh?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Lasting Damage posted:

the democrat party has nothing but contemptuous hatred for working people, and they are the perverted collaborators with the chud party hellbent on genocide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/1367884506577899521?s=21