Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Laserface posted:

Hi weed thread this is a comparison of dark web weed (top) with my local dealers weed bottom

as you can see the bottom one is kinda poo poo looking.

god drat is that dark web weed tasty and powerful (big kush is the strain)

this is a result of growth hormones used in hydro setups in australia. it fattens up the weight (thicker stalks) but you lose THC content. all the red hair is also indicative of PGRs used. it also smells like poo poo rather than a nice zesty weed smell.

thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Your mail order weed is better trimmed. I mean, if your local guy took the time to trim his stuff up a little, it wouldn't be as drastic a difference. The annoying part there is never knowing what you're actually getting besides "weed".

Being there are so many strains and everyone has their own way of growing, you're going to get poo poo tasting weed from time to time. I'm smoking through two plants of the same strain right now. One tastes mildly like citrus and is pretty smooth, the other smells like a rubber dick factory. Fed the same, grown next to each other, but one of them tastes like silicone rubber. That's where selection and cloning comes in, or you'll eventually grow a plant that just tastes like something terrible. Still pretty potent, just makes my place smell like an adult store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the second photo looks like what we used to affectionately call "beaster" - just commercial stuff that wasnt particularly well cared for at any point in the grow cycle but generally "gets the job done" when you go to smoke it. always poorly trimmed like that but sporting some red hairs and crystals nonetheless

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/congress-amends-pact-act-to-apply-to-all-vaping-products-placing-huge-burden-small

Explains some of the changes to the PACT act and how it can affect vapes.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I've got two lots of it from two different guys. I suppose it's possible they are getting it from the same grower but it's different prices and availability between them

Either way the taste and effects are better but significantly more expensive.

I just thought I'd share. Weed/culture/market is different everywhere!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Thanks for the link, appreciate it! Is this extending beyond tobacco vapes and into weed vapes too? It's insanely nice being able to shop around outside of my local headshops and I have to imagine that if this is affecting consumers, it's gonna hit them too.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

It reminds me of the time some friends and I made a six person (or one person if you close the other hoses) gravity bong out of a large trashcan that fit inside an even larger trashcan in an effort to get as high as possible. That thing could steal your soul, some people threw up after one hit.

Sedgr posted:

I've rarely ever stirred my Fury Edge. Usually I just run a bowl till I stop getting vapor and its all evenly brown at that point all the way through without stirring so I've never bothered.

Seems like the vape mail/shipping ban is going to make it rough to get a vape in the US shortly without jumping through an assload of hoops. Get one while you can.

Can you elaborate on this what's going on exactly? I've got one I don't use all that much already but getting left out is a personal fear of mine

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I'm not an expert so I'd recommend people look up the specifics themselves but the basic gist is that all e-cigs/vapes are getting added into the existing rules regarding mailing cigarette and smokeless tabacco products. The USPS wont ship those, UPS and Fedex I believe have also said they intend to follow the USPS decisions. And the new rules appear to take effect end of March.

Here is an article that covers most of it in regards to vaping as of a couple days ago. https://vaping360.com/vape-news/108577/vape-shipping-and-the-pact-act-what-we-know-so-far/

The current rule is:

quote:

Except as provided in 472.2, all cigarettes (including roll-your-own tobacco) and smokeless tobacco are nonmailable and shall not be deposited in or carried through the Postal Service mailstream. Nonmailable cigarettes and smokeless tobacco deposited in the mail are subject to seizure and forfeiture. Any nonmailable cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products seized and forfeited shall be destroyed or retained by the federal government for the detection or prosecution of crimes or related investigations and then destroyed. Senders of nonmailable cigarettes and smokeless tobacco may be subject to seizure and forfeiture of assets, criminal fines, imprisonment, and civil penalties. The Postal Service will not accept for delivery or transmit any package that it knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, contains nonmailable cigarettes or smokeless tobacco. If the Postal Service reasonably suspects that a mailer is tendering nonmailable cigarettes or smokeless tobacco, then the mailer bears the burden of proof in establishing eligibility to mail. The Postal Service has reasonable cause not to accept for delivery or transmit a package based on:

A statement on a publicly available website, or an advertisement, by any person that the person will mail matter which is nonmailable under this section in return for payment; or
The fact that the mailer or other person on whose behalf a mailing is being made is on the U.S. Attorney General‘s List of Unregistered or Noncompliant Delivery Sellers.

There are some exceptions, but its generally lovely.

quote:

Online retailers will be required to:

Verify age of customers using a commercially available database
Use private shipping services that collect an adult signature at the point of delivery
Register with the ATF and the U.S. Attorney General
Register with state and local tax administrators in all states and localities where business is done
Collect and pay all applicable local and state taxes, and affix any required tax stamps to the products sold
Each month, a list of all transactions must be sent to each state’s tax administrator that includes the names and addresses of each customer sold to, the quantities and type of each product sold, and the name, address, and phone number of the person delivering the shipment to the recipient

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
So kids are still just gonna stand outside of gas stations and ask adults to buy them Juuls. Job well done guys.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm stocking up while I can :ohdear: I grabbed a bunch of spare heaters for my Sai TAF titanium skillet (the heaters seem to run for years and the skillet itself should last indefinitely) as well as some 4mm kanthal-on-quartz coils that I'm hoping to maintain with an as-of-yet-not-purchased ultrasonic jewelry cleaner

This also probably puts an end to my at-home cartridge filling, which honestly isn't that big of a blow since my local shops done caught on to me and stopped selling distillate syringes at outrageously cheap prices :(

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

DoombatINC posted:

This also probably puts an end to my at-home cartridge filling, which honestly isn't that big of a blow since my local shops done caught on to me and stopped selling distillate syringes at outrageously cheap prices :(

drat what? They decided to jack up the prices on you after they figured out you're filling your own carts? I thought that was like half the reason for selling distillate syringes in the first place.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

A couple brands that used to sell both syringes and cartridges now only sell carts, and as a result in the last year or so the cheapest distillate syringes carried by my usual shops have gone from $15-20 to $30-60 - and as far as I can tell the poo poo ain't any stronger :cheeky:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

A couple brands that used to sell both syringes and cartridges now only sell carts, and as a result in the last year or so the cheapest distillate syringes carried by my usual shops have gone from $15-20 to $30-60 - and as far as I can tell the poo poo ain't any stronger :cheeky:

That's a drat shame. But I can definitely see why they'd prefer selling carts, the carts themselves are very cheap but it allows them to jack up the price significantly. It's a bummer as well because I don't really LIKE buying disposable things, it sucks and I'd much rather do otherwise.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Hmmm, time to find out if my company piss tests for internal promotions.

Yup, RIP me. Time to quit for a while.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bought a new torch today, and it doesn't turn off when you release the trigger. It should not do this. There's a trigger lock to hold it, I wasn't using it. Releasing the trigger doesn't always turn off the gas.

So I'm returning it tomorrow and never buying Scorch brand torches again.

This one:

Do not buy.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Honestly between the $13 torch from Walmart and any of the torches I can find at my local headshop... the $13 torch from Walmart is a better product by far.

I think I have a tiny little Scorch torch right now, it's egg-shaped, but it requires me to ignite it like eight times before it stays lit. So my Dynavap has gone largely unused these last few months.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

So I have an XMAX Starry and it seems reliable as my portable vape option. I want to get a desktop vape since that's where I do 99% of my weed vaping. Is the Arizer Extreme Q still the go to and are there any parts I should stock up on for it?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That was the third Scorch I've bought that had some sort of flaw. Igniter went out on the previous, but I usually just spark it with a bic lighter. One before that, valve froze open and stayed open, dumping any gas I put into it out immediately.

I'm done with Scorch torches. There's a Dremel soldering torch in my amazon cart already.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone got recommdations for weed organisers? So I can put my vape, and like 6 tiny jars of weed in there? I put my weed on a shoulders-high shelf (the mantlepiece) so some kind of open-front mini-shelf thing would be perfect.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

redreader posted:

Has anyone got recommdations for weed organisers? So I can put my vape, and like 6 tiny jars of weed in there? I put my weed on a shoulders-high shelf (the mantlepiece) so some kind of open-front mini-shelf thing would be perfect.

I carry mine in a set of three weed store bags which are full of lighters, old weed jars, half empty hash containers, small pipes, random stem collections, pieces of foil, and those clay sculpting things you use to move hash around.

So yeah I could probably use something like that too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A small tool box or fishing tackle box? I mean, that's first thought to me, but also white trashy if you're planning on leaving it out.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

No joke: makeup organizers. There's tons of them that are just acrylic compartment grids of varying sizes and depths, and they're absolutely perfect for keeping a bunch of weed / vape poo poo sorted on a desk or shelf.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

A small tool box or fishing tackle box? I mean, that's first thought to me, but also white trashy if you're planning on leaving it out.

I've got all my stored atomizers and batteries in a huge pink tackle box because I'm the worst

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The best option is a cabinet that's too high to really see into easily, so you just kind of chuck stuff in there and then feel for it by hand if you need it later

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Inspector Hound posted:

The best option is a cabinet that's too high to really see into easily, so you just kind of chuck stuff in there and then feel for it by hand if you need it later

This might be the weed talking but "lol"

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got a whole cabinet in the basement devoted to weed poo poo. There's a flower shelf, edibles shelf, concentrates shelf, accessories and papers + glass shelf. It stays kinda organized even though the area on the counter in front of it looks like hell 24/7

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My question would be, is there anything out there that has multiple small-to-mid sized air-tight compartments? I would love to be able to do the mix and match ounce and then keep them all in some kind of weed medicine organizer deal

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
those flip top glass jars are nice, and you could mix and match those to fit a container pretty easily

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Theres a cart brand up here ive been getting from called surplus thats like $10-15 cheaper per gram then any of the others. I have a gram of Gelato and a gram of blueberry something and each was a bit over $35.

Also have a bag with a half o of littles/trim, some dispensary Gelato, some dos i do from a backyard grow, and then some random tiny nugs of top shelf. Im house sitting for a buddy who's in the industry and hes got over a dozen different kinds of top shelf in baggies just in the living room. He didn't saaay I could sample them, but he's got so much loving weed he's not gonna notice a gram or two going missing

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

titty_baby_ posted:

He didn't saaay I could sample them,

"Hey, man! All is well at home. Hope you're having a nice trip. You've got an awesome assortment of strains I've never heard of before. Do you mind if I sample a gram or so of anything?"

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Not gonna bother this man on his vacation to ask if I can sample the agricultural product that he grows for a living and has given me for free multiple times

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
What if that weed is going to be presented to the pope, then you have to replace it with some Frankenstein weed.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

The pontiff has a connect with a janitor in the Lateran Palace

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
I just use a bigass spool of hemp wick and a dollar store lighter. I noticed the hits started tasting a lot less like butane and i love it to death.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not exactly heating a banger or nail efficiently with hemp wick. Not quickly, anyway.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I don't think I've ever had such tasty or potent extracts.

Disco Biscuit and Cherry Gorilla live resin diamonds and sauce (the 'diamonds' being pure THCa crystals)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hit up a nice sale at my local yesterday, they had a new brand "Black Label" for concentrates and a sale of 25 per gram or 25 per half gram cart. Between that and the flower I actually triggered the arcane calculations they have to do to make sure you don't buy too much THC at once in Nevada and had to give up a cart to get it back under the limit.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I bought some pre-ground 'house weed' from caliva a while ago, and then got some actual weed I ground myself and now I've realised the pre-ground stuff is way finer and sort of goes through the fury edge vent things etc so I want to use it for something else. Weed butter? trash?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

redreader posted:

I bought some pre-ground 'house weed' from caliva a while ago, and then got some actual weed I ground myself and now I've realised the pre-ground stuff is way finer and sort of goes through the fury edge vent things etc so I want to use it for something else. Weed butter? trash?

Try smoking it.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I literally have a 5$ can of butane with a nozzle i got at Ace
e smoking a dab right now

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Wtf weed thread im posting about smoking dabs back to back here slackin. I'm biut to smoke a fat dab and then see how much money I could make translating hentai into English because thats like 2 of my favorite things

e making money and translating