Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Why can't we just take his money in taxes and use it to make this planet we actually live on better? It's not like his fantasy of running a feudal colony on mars with indentured servants will actually happen in his life time.

I'm not against space exploration, I'm deeply against having single individuals rich enough they can build rockets on a whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Athanatos posted:

It exploded AFTER the successful test, so that's something.

I've said the exact same thing about my dev code.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Athanatos posted:

It exploded AFTER the successful test, so that's something.

I realize it was unmanned, but I love the image of Elon saying this to an astronauts widow

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Thaddius the Large posted:

I realize it was unmanned, but I love the image of Elon saying this to an astronauts widow

Chances are it will be the widow of a billionaire so.......meh

Edit: forgot to say, but I did the 36hr sous vide ribs this weekend. Legitimately the worst loving ribs I have ever had in my goddamn life. Holy poo poo how does anyone think those are good

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 4, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

iwentdoodie posted:

Edit: forgot to say, but I did the 36hr sous vide ribs this weekend. Legitimately the worst loving ribs I have ever had in my goddamn life. Holy poo poo how does anyone think those are good
What recipe did you use and what makes it "bad" in your opinion? I was at a meat market today & the ribs were calling to me…

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol
https://twitter.com/CraigSilverman/status/1367260022154141700?s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I was at that and it was loving amazing. Drunk Shatner best Shatner.

A friend of mine was, like, mortally insulted and demanded a refund from the Orpheum because Shatner and Mancow were so utterly shithoused. I mean, you'd think that someone had just kicked her dog in the face or something, she was so completely steamed.

I was like, "How often do you get a chance to see a completely drunk William Shatner wander around a stage and just babble about whatever's coming to his mind for a solid hour? That was once in a lifetime."

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

A friend of mine was, like, mortally insulted and demanded a refund from the Orpheum because Shatner and Mancow were so utterly shithoused. I mean, you'd think that someone had just kicked her dog in the face or something, she was so completely steamed.

I was like, "How often do you get a chance to see a completely drunk William Shatner wander around a stage and just babble about whatever's coming to his mind for a solid hour? That was once in a lifetime."

That's just not right. I thought it was hilarious, and hey - Wrath of Kahn is loving great.

I'm just glad he didn't poo poo himself or die on stage. Anything more is a bonus.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Android Apocalypse posted:

What recipe did you use and what makes it "bad" in your opinion? I was at a meat market today & the ribs were calling to me…

The j kenji lopez 36 hour sous vide that a few people in here have raved about.

They were nasty, mushy poo poo. Like crockpot ribs with extra work.

I was so disappointed. Ribs aren't even a long or hard smoke and those things were so loving terrible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iwentdoodie posted:

I think I might have talked these up or at least said they were surprisingly decent. I wonder what went wrong, because when I did it it certainly wasn't completely terrible.

It's not like I'm unfamiliar with good ribs.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
We did 30 hour ribs once and they were fantastic. Super tender but not mushy in the slightest. They maintained their structure and were super meaty and delicious. I feel like something went wrong with yours.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I didn't keep up on forums drama for a while, due to a new job.

So I'm skimming through all the death truck posts and did that dude really say he would accidentally binge 10k mg of sodium in a God drat day?

That's like 7 McDonalds combos a day. What the fuuuuck.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

waah posted:

So I'm skimming through all the death truck posts and did that dude really say he would accidentally binge 10k mg of sodium in a God drat day?

"accidentally," every single day, and he's diabetic and has gout, yup
the thread is now goodmined and we're all hoping that dude gets some real medical help and in the meantime his truck adventures aren't worth the misdirection from his real, immediate problem.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

One of the funniest pictures ever taken

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

waah posted:

The whole "plan" was astoundingly stupid on its face, but then it just got weirder with new horrifying revelations every couple of days. It's really hard to imagine a homeless, compulsive spender who was scammed on his box truck/cabin, sacmmed on the property he was trying to buy on a land-lease via raiding his 401k, moves into trap houses with random girls, takes legal advice from cops, eats 10k mg of salt per day and has diabetes ever finishing hand building multiple timber frame tiny structures using only hand tools, but apparently I'm a wet blanket.

Oh, and I forgot he was literally huffing truck exhaust and wears a cpap to help the carbon monoxide bind to his hemoglobin

D-LINK fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 4, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

he finally admitted the hand-tools-only rule was really just his plan for getting back into shape, e.g, he was going to treat his diabetes with an eternal labor project rather than just stopping eating ten servings of fried chicken daily

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

he finally admitted the hand-tools-only rule was really just his plan for getting back into shape, e.g, he was going to treat his diabetes with an eternal labor project rather than just stopping eating ten servings of fried chicken daily

Last I saw, he wasn't planning on having any electricity available beyond the truck battery+inverter, so he'll just have to wait six hours between charges for his battery drill

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

iwentdoodie posted:

I was so disappointed. Ribs aren't even a long or hard smoke and those things were so loving terrible.

That's a long time to cook. I feel like all meat would be mushy after a day and a half in the sous vide.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Braksgirl posted:

That's a long time to cook. I feel like all meat would be mushy after a day and a half in the sous vide.

It was. I even did it on the lower temp end for the "meatier" ribs. They were so, so bad.

But my buddy from CO and his girlfriend from CA loved them so who knows.

I know I'm doing a rack the regular way next week.

My wife just told me she wants a style/shag mullet and is NOT amused by me playing I've Got an Ape Drape on repeat while I gently caress around cleaning up the kitchen

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 4, 2021

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can we just say 10g of salt instead of this 10k mg nonsense?

Edit: to put that into context that is ten times the daily oral dose we give to hyponatremic patients.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

D-LINK posted:

Oh, and I forgot he was literally huffing truck exhaust and wears a cpap to help the carbon monoxide bind to his hemoglobin

Now I'm no doctor but I do have some medical training and uh, two things - that's not how CPAP works and CO doesn't need help binding to hemoglobin...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Now I'm no doctor but I do have some medical training and uh, two things - that's not how CPAP works and CO doesn't need help binding to hemoglobin...

You just put more thought into it than that toeless trukker ever did

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Missed that, but yeah thats the big deal about CO, it literally has 100 (edit: sorry over 200) times the affinity for hemoglobin than oxygen, which is why you need hyperbaric treatment for CO poisoning. How is this man still alive? Although, chronic CO poisoning would explain a lot of his behavior...

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

It's winter, and he sleeps in the back of the box truck while it idles. The box truck's exhaust had been rigged to vent right below where he sleeps, so the air being drawn into his cpap was truck exhaust

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

swickles posted:

Missed that, but yeah thats the big deal about CO, it litey has 100 times the affinity for hemoglobin than oxygen, which is why you need hyperbaric treatment for CO poisoning. How is this man still alive? Although, chronic CO poisoning would explain a lot of his behavior...

lol I said the same thing in the thread

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

iwentdoodie posted:

Weird, I've made them twice and they were really good both times

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I've given up on Breath of the Wild. I just can't find it interesting. I dug out Divinity Original Sin 2 and man is this Sad Animals the Game.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

D-LINK posted:

It's winter, and he sleeps in the back of the box truck while it idles. The box truck's exhaust had been rigged to vent right below where he sleeps, so the air being drawn into his cpap was truck exhaust

Well, there are worse ways to off oneself I guess.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

swickles posted:

Can we just say 10g of salt instead of this 10k mg nonsense?

Edit: to put that into context that is ten times the daily oral dose we give to hyponatremic patients.

Absolutely. I just needed to fully visualize how much sodium that was since you know most somewhat stable humans don't measure their daily sodium intake in grams.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

waah posted:

Absolutely. I just needed to fully visualize how much sodium that was since you know most somewhat stable humans don't measure their daily sodium intake in grams.

the rdv is 2.3 grams

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

seiferguy posted:

Today is my birthday and it's probably gonna be the weirdest birthday ever. At least last year I was on a plane which is ill advised, so this year I'm not doing something dumb :confuoot:

Happy birthday! Glad you're safe and staying that way :toot:

I've done the 36 hour ribs a few times and they've always been great. My first thought, iwentdoodie, is did you put them on a grill or in the oven, optionally with sauce, after the 36 hours? That helps firm them up a bit.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

loving hell I'm getting so many texts from random people on my new work number. Like, getting added to "Family" mass texts.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Happy birthday! Glad you're safe and staying that way :toot:

I've done the 36 hour ribs a few times and they've always been great. My first thought, iwentdoodie, is did you put them on a grill or in the oven, optionally with sauce, after the 36 hours? That helps firm them up a bit.

I did two racks, but I did oven, grill, broil and smoke. I hated every single one of them. Just bones sliding out of the meat, nasty rear end ribs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hifi posted:

the rdv is 2.3 grams

It's really fun to look at the nutritional facts of totinos pizzas I used to eat by myself and find out I was eating 1000% of my daily recommended sodium.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Update:

Dudes still rock.

https://twitter.com/talliesinyoung/status/1367298676163563525

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

You should have documented proof for this question on you at all times.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

iwentdoodie posted:

I did two racks, but I did oven, grill, broil and smoke. I hated every single one of them. Just bones sliding out of the meat, nasty rear end ribs.

So it's more of a texture thing than flavor? I don't mind the bones sliding out as long as the meat is a little bit firm. I'm not a fan of mushy crockpot ribs, especially when little bits of bone freely break off.

My biggest paranoia is that my sous vide bags might be leaking and water's getting in. Think that might be what happened to you?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I stomped on a mouse once.

Not going to lie, I was scared of that little fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I've given up on Breath of the Wild. I just can't find it interesting. I dug out Divinity Original Sin 2 and man is this Sad Animals the Game.

It's really good, yeah

Have fun planning very extensively for a few turns of combat