Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Intruder posted:

The Texans ruining their relationship with Watson for a guy who immediately wants out would be the icing on the cake

Easterby doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Just hope he gets up in some criminal probe and the police bust down his door one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

fartknocker posted:

Has JCPrepper98 responded to this yet?

https://twitter.com/JohnCPrepper98/status/1367301452352413697?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Easterby doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Just hope he gets up in some criminal probe and the police bust down his door one day.

The Caserio hire was when the relationship fell apart. They give Watson his promised input and not only do they hire someone else, that someone else fires Easterby and the head coach is probably Bieniemy

Easterby is bad but this is all on the real culprit, the McNair failson

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

General Dog posted:

Actually I might have been envisioning Love's instead of Pilot when I made that post. Loves is the one with ads hung up above the urinals right?
Love's, yes
Pilot, sometimes
Buc'ees, no idea because they don't let big trucks visit

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Buccees is severely overrated

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Couldn’t have happened to a better fanbase and city. Fantastic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BrownThunder posted:

Couldn’t have happened to a better fanbase and city. Fantastic

wow thanks I guess I’ll just go gently caress myself forever then. wow. real classy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Thank you Houston for ending what interest I had in baseball.

Feel better?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

The Texans ruining their relationship with Watson for a guy who immediately wants out would be the icing on the cake

The only way this saga could have gotten any funnier, so it's the only way it'll end

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Intruder posted:

Woody's on 45 in Centerville is the way to go. I mean, it's probably out of the way, but still.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Intruder posted:

Overrated, but not bad. Good brisket, but I ain't going back into that madhouse until I catch the vax.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

GD_American posted:

Overrated, but not bad. Good brisket, but I ain't going back into that madhouse until I catch the vax.

And it is ALWAYS full of maskless chuds.

I also spotted an open carry cretin at the Madisonville location a few years ago, complete with Punisher shirt.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Dr_Strangelove posted:

And it is ALWAYS full of maskless chuds.

I also spotted an open carry cretin at the Madisonville location a few years ago, complete with Punisher shirt.

I can't speak for the chud content, but you were just 20 minutes from Woody's!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Beavernugs are ambrosia

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

A smarter person than me could probably work out some sort of algorithm for this sort of Rasputin "advisor" deal. Seems like the harder it is to pretend the person has any qualification to do what they're doing the more power someone has when they worm their way in.

The classic Nigerian Prince e-mail scams succeeded because of how absurdly obvious they were on the surface. By the time every person too critical to get taken for that ride is filtered out right from the start, you're left with only the biggest suckers.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Because I'm a 35 year old child, I printed three full page blowups of Nic Caserios Crazy face and hid them in three strategic locations for my wife to find:

1) In her pillowcase - Took her a week to find this.
2) Under her work paperwork - Took her a day.
3) in her Jewelry box - Took her two weeks to find.

Thanks Houston Texans for all the fun.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hizawk posted:

Because I'm a 35 year old child, I printed three full page blowups of Nic Caserios Crazy face and hid them in three strategic locations for my wife to find:

I assume your couch is comfy, then?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hizawk posted:

Do Derek Lokey next time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

Do Derek Lokey next time.

This but place the picture on the end of a rake outside, semi-obscured, and give him big ol' kissin' lips.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

A couple of pieces have come out in the last few days about the Luv Ya Blue era, how it ended (Bud Adams firing Bum Phillips), and how it was the beginning of the end of the Houston Oilers. Not sure if these pieces are as a warning to the McNairs about the path they're on or if the media is starting to butter up Houstonians to the prospect of losing the Texans:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31003656/luv-ya-blue-houston-oilers-bum-phillips-earl-campbell - This one covers the love affair Houston had with the late 70s Oilers and paints a picture of a time that will probably never happen with the Texans :(

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/john-mcclain/articleComments/McClain-Oilers-disintegration-should-be-a-16007535.php - A John McClain piece so the usual grain of salt applies, but goes into the firing of Bum Phillips and later a similar scene when the Oilers announce they were leaving for Tennessee.

e - And just to paint a picture of just how things were in the late 70s, here's footage from a 8mm camera someone brought to a homecoming rally with 70,000 in the Astrodome after the Oilers lost their first AFC title game to the Steelers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjXko9N6B0

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 9, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

hot take the parcells PARDEE oilers were better but they kept choking in the playoffs

remember when buddy ryan and kevin gilbridge got into a fistfight in the middle of a game

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 9, 2021

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

remember when buddy ryan and kevin gilbridge got into a fistfight in the middle of a game

As old blue collar Houston as Thunderbolt Transmissions, Mickey Gilley's, and getting upset when heavily favored

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I loved playing as the Oilers in Tecmo, because even in the 8-bit era, having a QB who could scramble was fuckin' trouble for opposing defense. It helped that Houston had a fabulous o-line and good WR, too.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I loved playing as the Oilers in Tecmo, because even in the 8-bit era, having a QB who could scramble was fuckin' trouble for opposing defense. It helped that Houston had a fabulous o-line and good WR, too.

How is it that playing as running QBs have broken football video games going back 30 years?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How is it that playing as running QBs have broken football video games going back 30 years?

To be fair, they've kind of broken football irl

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The early 90s Oilers were ridiculously stacked, they should have won at least one Superbowl. I guess the run and shoot just doesn't work. Like the 35-3 game where they should have been able to just eat away the clock but the scheme doesn't really allow for it. No establishing the run

e: as much as we laugh at the 24-0 blown lead, 35-3 against a team running their backup QB is so much worse

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 9, 2021

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Intruder posted:

The early 90s Oilers were ridiculously stacked, they should have won at least one Superbowl. I guess the run and shoot just doesn't work. Like the 35-3 game where they should have been able to just eat away the clock but the scheme doesn't really allow for it. No establishing the run

e: as much as we laugh at the 24-0 blown lead, 35-3 against a team running their backup QB is so much worse

That game is the reason I keep watching games, no matter how ridiculous the score at halftime.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

hot take the parcells oilers were better but they kept choking in the playoffs
Wait, Parcells was involved with the Oilers?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Wait, Parcells was involved with the Oilers?

:ughh:

I meant Pardee, my bad

Jack Pardee

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Yeah, Pardee was an early example of someone poaching UH's coaching staff, where they perform well for a few years and then flame out.

And I saw a bunch more Luv Ya Blue nostalgia in my Facebook feed this morning. I guess it's a community thing right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dn9T5NUBQ

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 9, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Intruder posted:

Jack Pardee coached a CFL team the one year of their American expansion after that, and as a season ticket holder for the entirety of the lifespan of the Birmingham Barracudas, I got to see how it didn't work anymore in the CFL either.

You'd never see so many pick sixes on bubble screens in your life.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Buddy Ryan wanted Pardee's job badly and I can't help but feel they win a Superbowl if he gets it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jack Pardee was one of the Junction Boys

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Intruder posted:

Buddy Ryan wanted Pardee's job badly and I can't help but feel they win a Superbowl if he gets it

Is this when Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is this when Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride

He supposedly punched Gilbride for not kneeling with 18 seconds left in the half and the offense turned the ball over, but he was definitely trying to get the job at this point. I believe the following season is when he left

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
So I read the Titans let Malcolm Butler walk...

https://twitter.com/riversmccown/status/1369419077748396035?s=21

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Intruder posted:

Nah. Buddy Ryan’s offensive philosophy was “Go out there and make things happen, Randall.”

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Nah. Buddy Ryan’s offensive philosophy was “Go out there and make things happen, Randall.”

I think Warren Moon could make that philosophy work

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I think Warren Moon could make that philosophy work

Considering how things turned out I am not sure I buy that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Just saw they cut Gilly. That's a bridge too far.