Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll be excited when I can see it without feeling like I forgot to put my glasses on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

leaked out of my rear end maybe !!!!

your rear end looks good

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tsietisin posted:

Can someone advise me about the various subscription options and whether they can be shared over the PS4 and PS5.

Hang on.. let me explain.

So a friend of mine recently purchased a PS5 and gave me his PS4. He left his Playstation account on the console so that I could have games to play.

He has a Playstation Plus subscription, I do not.

I see that there is all this stuff about setting up primary consoles. Are you allowed one PS4 and one PS5 to be set up as a primary console simultaneously? or only one or the other? Does the subscription of Playstation plus on the on PS4 allow for me to play Playstation plus games on my Playstation account? What about Playstation Now?

You can have a primary PS4 and a primary PS5, and any primary console can play any of your purchased games on any account that has been registered on that console. My brother's PS4 is now marked as my account's primary PS4 (and I put my account on there last time I visited), meaning I can't play my purchased games on my PS4 without being signed into PSN. But I use my PS5 and he and I can play all my games simultaneously, because my PS5 is my primary PS5.

He mostly plays Fifa though, so my account is kinda useless for that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I really enjoy From games but for some reason I cannot get "hyped" for them. Like I'll play Elden Ring when it comes out and I'll probably be obsessed with it then, but compared to RE8 or Ghostwire or FF16, I'm like "sure whenever sounds good, I can wait"

Hell I am more hyped for the b-tier Vampire the Masquerade game that's supposed to be out this year but no one paid any attention to because Bloodlines 2 was flashier lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I have some very shocking and controversial things to say about from games that I’ve been thinking about lately.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

I have some very shocking and controversial things to say about from games that I’ve been thinking about lately.

They’re good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I really enjoy From games but for some reason I cannot get "hyped" for them. Like I'll play Elden Ring when it comes out and I'll probably be obsessed with it then, but compared to RE8 or Ghostwire or FF16, I'm like "sure whenever sounds good, I can wait"

Hell I am more hyped for the b-tier Vampire the Masquerade game that's supposed to be out this year but no one paid any attention to because Bloodlines 2 was flashier lol

Exact same thing with me. I always play them and am always impressed but I never pick them up day 1 and look at all the prerelease material

Hell Sekiro I think I got a year after it came out and thought this is one of the best games I’ve ever played but I still wait

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It has aim controller support?! :stwoon:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

That's low key insane to me. FROM games on release are some of the best community events in the entire medium, the first few weeks are really something special.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That's low key insane to me. FROM games on release are some of the best community events in the entire medium, the first few weeks are really something special.

I mean I picked up Sekiro day one, I just didn't make a calendar counting down the days or scan every piece of pre-release rumors. I think precisely because the community discovery aspect is real that I just am like "I will just not pay attention until it's out"

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

its true, From Software games are day 1 purchases and their releases are hype as all hell. Hearing all these people say "I love them and they're some of the best games around, but I don't really care about them" is funny.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In YakLAD are the stat boosts you get from leveling the various jobs a big deal enough to cycle through, because that is a step of micromanagement that seems a bit too far from me?

I am in the Chapter 12 grind phase but doing the arena stuff doesn't seem like it will be too bad, especially since I have the XP bonuses on

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stats boosts are just a nice bonus up to 30, but each job has a couple of permanent character skills that can be pretty useful, though I'd say the only one that's 100% necessary is Ichiban's Hero skill that lets him survive a fatal blow. Especially in chapter 12 lol
If you're planning in doing the post game dungeon stuff the stat boosts from having one or more jobs fully levelled become necessary just to survive.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They’re good

what the gently caress

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

what the gently caress

Yeah that's an insanely hot take. FROM games being good... what world we live on :haw:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If Elden Ring is coming to PS4 (and I have no idea) then for the first time I will try to buy a From game at launch and play with everyone.

If PS5 only like Demon's Souls, then oh well. See you in 2027.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm appalled by your new AV.

Kirby would never say that word

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I'm appalled by your new AV.

Kirby would never say that word

He is not saying it, he is holding a sign. Also I lost the Feb gen chat thread poll and this avatar is my consequence.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

If Elden Ring is coming to PS4 (and I have no idea) then for the first time I will try to buy a From game at launch and play with everyone.

If PS5 only like Demon's Souls, then oh well. See you in 2027.

You might have an easier time getting a ps5 now. My sister in law managed to get one from Game just by following the stock alert Twitter accounts and shes pretty clueless

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

fridge corn posted:

You might have an easier time getting a ps5 now. My sister in law managed to get one from Game just by following the stock alert Twitter accounts and shes pretty clueless

yeah myself and 3 other friends (all of whom have been looking for months) were able to get one in the past 2 weeks, so it seems like they are at least becoming slightly easier to find. I expect it will still be a while until you can just walk into a store and get one though.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Not worrying about getting a PS5 has been kind of liberating in that it’s forcing me to clear through my backlog.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Even if you have a PS5 it's mostly going through your backlog

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I do not use twitter, is it just the regular game one?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is the Demons' Souls remake as satisfyingly complete an experience as most other Soulsborne games, or does it show its age beneath its fresh coat of paint?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well it's more complete than DS1 at least lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

*Stares in broken archstone*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Better unfinished and cut than unfinished and left in

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Sakurazuka posted:

huh

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Is the Demons' Souls remake as satisfyingly complete an experience as most other Soulsborne games, or does it show its age beneath its fresh coat of paint?

It’s really loving good. I’ve finished two playthroughs and I’m in the middle of two more on NG+. I played through maybe half of the original and all the modern From games, and it’s my favorite behind Bloodborne.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sakurazuka posted:

Even if you have a PS5 it's mostly going through your backlog

Can confirm.

Since I got my ps5, I've played 12 ps5 games and 52 ps4 games

And three vita and one ps3 (Alone in the Dark)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's definitely a different kind of experience, and I my opinion a rougher one. If you don't enjoy spending much of your time in one of various cave systems that are all equally dark and not very visually distinctive, for example, you'll like it rather less than Dark Souls. Varied environments are something it does not do very well - at least, that's how I felt about it on a subjective level. It also has much fewer checkpoints, so when you brickwall somewhere, you'll probably brickwall harder than in most Soulsborne titles.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

I do not use twitter, is it just the regular game one?

No theres accounts like @ps5stockuk and @ps5stockalertuk and others that share information on what retailers are expected to drop and when and will tweet alerts when stock goes live usually with a handy link in the tweet directly to the product page

Just turn notifications on for when these accounts tweet and you'll get one before too long

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ineffiable posted:

Can confirm.

Since I got my ps5, I've played 12 ps5 games and 52 ps4 games

And three vita and one ps3 (Alone in the Dark)

So far I have used my ps5 to play two ps4 games: ghost of tsushima and monster hunter

And one ps3 game: persona 5

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

It's definitely a different kind of experience, and I my opinion a rougher one. If you don't enjoy spending much of your time in one of various cave systems that are all equally dark and not very visually distinctive, for example, you'll like it rather less than Dark Souls. Varied environments are something it does not do very well - at least, that's how I felt about it on a subjective level. It also has much fewer checkpoints, so when you brickwall somewhere, you'll probably brickwall harder than in most Soulsborne titles.

This is the opposite of my Demon’s Souls take. The 5 zones are extremely distinct to me and all of Dark Souls 1 completely bleeds together for me.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

The game design holds up well, it only feels a little dated if you've been immersed in the improvements and polish of the later Souls games. But it's really not a lesser Souls game, it has a mysterious atmosphere and experimental feel that's unique to it. It's a worthy AAA game in 2021.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Demon Souls is still the best thing FROM’s ever done imho. It’s just really unique and freed from the expectation of being a “souls game” even if 95% of the DNA is already there.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

I'd only ever played Bloodborne before, but I fell so hard into Demon's Souls. If I wasn't actively playing it, I was reading about it. Absolutely wonderful game, and it got me to buy Dark Souls Remastered!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not that it's bad thing, but I have always felt like the distinction between Demons and Dark Souls was virtually non existent and it was basically just a name change so they could release it on more platforms. I mean, yeah it's hub v open world and a few things changed here and there like it would in any sequel. But I've never related to people saying "well the tone in Demons Souls is different" etc. because I feel like it's really not at all.

Either way I consider it just about as good as DS1(very slight edge to Dark Souls 1 probably) but I've never found them that different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Darth Walrus posted:

Its my first time playing it (and now i've completed it twice). IT rules