Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

exquisite tea posted:

Strive delayed until June, now there is litchrelly nothing to play for the first half of 2021. The Year of No Games.

Get working on that backlog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why do people keep forgetting about Momster Hunter

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
In the end I did not play Minecraft or Yakuza Kiwami 2, I sat downstairs and watched TV and kept Lady VG company while she made her costume for World Book Day for work. :3:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't really have a backlog, if I've stopped playing a game it's usually for a good reason and I don't buy stuff unless I intend to play it right now.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

Strive delayed until June, now there is litchrelly nothing to play for the first half of 2021. The Year of No Games.

Off the top of my head there has been or will be

Hitman 3
Super Mario 3D World
Monster Hunter Rise
NieR Replicant
Bravely Default 2
Valheim
Loop Hero
Atelier Ryza 2

and I’m sure I’m forgetting a ton of others

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Help Im Alive posted:

Why do people keep forgetting about Momster Hunter

Yeah man :wtf:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

In the end I did not play Minecraft or Yakuza Kiwami 2, I sat downstairs and watched TV and kept Lady VG company while she made her costume for World Book Day for work. :3:

What's the costume of?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the costume of?

The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

wuggles posted:

Off the top of my head there has been or will be

Hitman 3
Super Mario 3D World
Monster Hunter Rise
NieR Replicant
Bravely Default 2
Valheim
Loop Hero
Atelier Ryza 2

and I’m sure I’m forgetting a ton of others

Resident Evil 8
Binding of Isaac Repentance
Discon Elysium Director's Cut

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Reading the latest Switch rumours, and it would be a very Nintendo-like approach if the new Switch is just a version with slightly bigger screens.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gonna get in on the Joycon2 class action suit ground floor.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I moved last week, and ever since then Earth Defense Force 5 has run like poo poo on my PC. I haven't noticed any other performance hits or technical issues--just EDF. What would cause something like that?

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Valve fixed a three year old bug in their community features, which has resulted in any games that were banned from Steam no longer having their achievements counted towards a user's total. In practice this means that people who spent all their time buying low effort asset flips to get 5,000 achievements in five minutes are sudden finding that they've lost hundreds of thousands of achievements and hundreds of perfect games overnight.

This is a great fix :) Those games were completely ruining leaderboard chasing in the achievement hunter scene. I'm hoping that once everything shakes out and gets updated I'm going to be in the top 50 ranks again, because like a True Gamer I never played them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Magical Melody: I keep giving Eve flowers in the hope that she will put out but so far she's playing cold. The patriarchy told me that this was how women work, why am I not getting laid? :argh:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lavatein posted:

Valve fixed a three year old bug in their community features, which has resulted in any games that were banned from Steam no longer having their achievements counted towards a user's total. In practice this means that people who spent all their time buying low effort asset flips to get 5,000 achievements in five minutes are sudden finding that they've lost hundreds of thousands of achievements and hundreds of perfect games overnight.

This is a great fix :) Those games were completely ruining leaderboard chasing in the achievement hunter scene. I'm hoping that once everything shakes out and gets updated I'm going to be in the top 50 ranks again, because like a True Gamer I never played them.
the what hunting scene?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Can't you just download a tool that unlocks steam achievements they're kind of a joke, I thought?

Lavatein
May 5, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Can't you just download a tool that unlocks steam achievements they're kind of a joke, I thought?

Yeah you can use Steam Achievement Manager but it's obvious if you cheat them so all the leaderboard websites will ban you. Their moderators are pretty nuts about ferreting out the cheaters, they'll meticulously check the unlock timestamps to make sure your unlock times and orders are possible within a particular game's systems. Someone could theoretically cheat very slowly, only unlocking one achievement per hour or whatever, but that's really boring and people will give up on that quickly. People that do this also tend to screw up and unlock things in impossible orders which gives them away.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Hello, my name is Floyd, and I'm an auditor for the World Achievement Hunting Guild, AMA.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Get working on that backlog

I just have to get through 13 years of games in the next 6 months and I can join you all for Horizon Forbidden West :derp:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

I just have to get through 13 years of games in the next 6 months and I can join you all for Horizon Forbidden West :derp:

How will you know if you like that game if you aren't in the correct decade for the first one?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

How will you know if you like that game if you aren't in the correct decade for the first one?

Everything I've heard and seen about HZD makes it sound like completely my jam

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Don’t worry, Forbidden West almost certainly won’t be coming out this year either.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played the Monster Hunter Rise demo and wasn’t really Feeling It, I’m not exactly sure why...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Someone please explain

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its a monster hunter demo, they're not good. for the same reason that arena mode in monhan is not all that fun, who wants to play monhan with someone else's gear and without the prep phase

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there has never been a good monster hunter demo. i tried one on the psp a decade ago and thought it was the shittiest game i'd ever played before i just jumped in on monster hunter world and it turned out the opposite was true

i just bought a pro controller for monster hunter rise

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there has never been a good monster hunter demo. i tried one on the psp a decade ago and thought it was the shittiest game i'd ever played before i just jumped in on monster hunter world and it turned out the opposite was true

i just bought a pro controller for monster hunter rise

Did you get the Monster Hunter Rise Special Edition Professional Controller or just the regular rear end one?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Everything I've heard and seen about HZD makes it sound like completely my jam

It is one of my all time favourite games ever, and Forbidden West has me super stoked.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Did you get the Monster Hunter Rise Special Edition Professional Controller or just the regular rear end one?

I got a regularass one, I don't normally go in for the special edition stuff. I just want stuff that works!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Horizon is extremely good

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I don't think I've bought a single special edition of a video game that wasn't like, I was buying it a few years later and it's only like $30, excepting the version of Super Smash Bros for Wii U that came with a GameCube controller and adapter

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I remember the World demo was fighting Nergigante of all things, and part of the random selection of items you started with were traps and trap kits :/

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Is Horizon better than Breath of the Wild? I have both in the backlog and not sure which to tackle first!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Convex posted:

Is Horizon better than Breath of the Wild? I have both in the backlog and not sure which to tackle first!

heck no, brother. Horizon is competent but not great. Breath of the Wild is a classic

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Convex posted:

Depends on what you want from games. I have played through Horizon twice (once on PS4 and once on PC) and cannot connect with Breath of the Wild, I keep putting that down once I need to go after the four beasts.

They are not really the same kind of game, though. I would not really compare them.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Also this ties into the discussion yesterday about being given lategame loot before you want it: last year I bought Iceborne, knowing that I would need to get through the base game’s story again. I begrudgingly used MHW’s super epic gear they give you to rush you through, and it absolutely made the game less enjoyable for me, just felt like I was going through the motions

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Convex posted:

totally different classes of games imo, horizon is firmly rooted in the ubisoft formula and while its a lot better than any of those games its mired in all the same unappealing systems and rpg mechanics. people call botw a ubisoft game too but it at least has the good sense to avoid that junk and focus purely on carving a progression through the environment

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
BotW is an Ubi game and that game is Immortal Fenyx Rising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fill my map with optional races, sempai