Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

net work error posted:

Because of the heavy Russian influence of this year's car I am pulling my support from what I thought was America's team, Haas.
Or if you look at the logo on the rear wing from behind, Swit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you guys are too embarrassed to do it publicly you can PM to tell me I was always right about how much Haas was going to suck.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They still owe me at least a baseball cap.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

your friend wicka posted:

If you guys are too embarrassed to do it publicly you can PM to tell me I was always right about how much Haas was going to suck.

Did anyone ever try to deny that has Hass was is and always shall be bad?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Payndz posted:

The other teams all rush to import the model into their own systems to see if there's anything they can steal/need to worry about... then remember it's Williams and delete it.

Seeing the car untextured shows how ridiculously feathery and complicated the bargeboards have become. If the FIA wants to cut costs and equalise aero development, they could go a long way by just saying "Cut that poo poo out and make it flat."

They sort of are but there will be barge boards there in 22 instead if a YouTube video I saw is true.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Stop trying to ruin my moment

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Hass more like rear end

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

My friend who pays more attention to F1 than I do promises me that this season will be much better than the last several.

I’m just assuming he’s wrong at this point.

Who is the goon hivemind cheering for this year? The Clerk?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

My friend who pays more attention to F1 than I do promises me that this season will be much better than the last several.

Lewis like always OP.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zeta Acosta posted:

Hass more like rear end

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I really hope the Hass livery is banned and they passive-aggressively run a solid color.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Checo, even though he's racing for Red Bull. Because it would be the funniest thing ever if he beat Max.

Alternatively: Are Loois, Shoey Grinface, comeback kid Alonso.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Baku. It welcomes us all into the wall.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

your friend wicka posted:

I was hopeful for a while, but there isn't any way a US based team is going to succeed in F1.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

I really hope the Hass livery is banned and they passive-aggressively run a solid color.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow drivers Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz JR.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

im cheering for my favourite twitch streamer, lando

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

He's probably wrong because 2020 was great and it'll be hard to be better.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Have Rich Energy confirmed that they're going to be making GBS threads up some unfortunate third-rank team this year yet?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Don't they now haunt Williams? Rebus, do you have a Rich Phone?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Payndz posted:

Have Rich Energy confirmed that they're going to be making GBS threads up some unfortunate third-rank team this year yet?

They previously tried to buy force india with mazepins dad so I think they're going to poo poo up haas again next year when he buys the team.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I wouldn't be surprised if Haas started all this by saying "Here's $XX million. You have five years." And now he wants to get the gently caress out and mazepin is his chance.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

last season was good

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Rebus posted:

Some smoothbrain put the full 3D model of the FW43B into the AR app. Link

Oh, no, this might cost Williams the Constructors' Championship!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ArmZ posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Haas started all this by saying "Here's $XX million. You have five years." And now he wants to get the gently caress out and mazepin is his chance.

Lol imagining a post-haas meatspin slides into a wall, the car brews up and a bunch of ammunition starts cooking off inside the cockpit

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

I was hoping to see the return of Rich Energy as their sponsor.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DevCore posted:

I was hoping to see the return of Rich Energy as their sponsor.

I mean the sudden pivot from bad american team to bad russian team who gave a drive to the sexpest son of their main sponsor and then changed their team colors from idk like red green black and white to "russian flag" emanates a lot of rich energy

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I don't see what the problem is, the car is clearly red, white, and blue :patriot:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

a pipe smoking dog posted:

They did finish p6/p8 or something on their very first race, to be fair, but it's been downhill since that

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I think we all know how the Haas story ends. Mazebin crashes four weeks in a row, Shumacher competes with the Williams drivers for last place, Gene makes noises about how they are gunning for year 202X and denies that everything is falling apart.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

tuo posted:

Don't they now haunt Williams? Rebus, do you have a Rich Phone?

I had a Rokit, back on a Samsung now. Not that I use anything other than Teams these days.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

bgreman posted:

I've found that on my Roku, captions work though I can't vouch for their accuracy. On the desktop and mobile apps though, no such luck.

I'm on the last race of 1991, about to learn about Prost's meltdown. Excited to know that 1992 will offer more top-level team shenanigans.

Yes, I like watching on my living room TV but the only way to do it is to Cast from my main PC browser or to Cast my entire phone's screen, which means I can't also use my phone while watching. They say they're adding native Chromecast support to the apps sometime this year, but I'm not keeping my hopes up based on how crappy the apps are in general.

If it's a Roku TV there is a channel store app for it, if it's an Android TV you can sideload the F1TV app (no idea how though). For anything else you're out of luck I think.

1992 is really bad in terms of actual racing, IMO of course.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

daslog posted:

I was hopeful for a while, but there isn't any way a US based team is going to succeed in F1.

Penske did.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

Penske did.

I had to look it up. Penske lasted 3 years in F1 and lasted three years. Looks like Haas will beat them by at least a year.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

They did finish p6/p8 or something on their very first race, to be fair, but it's been downhill since that

Their initial strategy (later imitated by Racing Point) was so successful they got a lot of poo poo about the originality of their car. Since then they've floundered, perhaps because of a lack of engineering depth or maybe just plain bad design. I don't know, I don't think anyone does outside the team's technical staff.

Their model for running the team was an interesting idea but it looks like Gene Haas has - like so many others - got sucked into the spending black hole F1 inevitably becomes. More staff, more infrastructure and you might as well stick to the traditional model.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

njsykora posted:

Absolutely loving dying at them having the Russian flag on the front wing.
https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1367386180388593664

Oh, hey, its Colgate.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zeta Acosta posted:

Hass more like rear end

In French, the H is silent.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
the h being silent doesnt change how french is pronounced

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

OhsH posted:

the h being silent doesnt change how french is pronounced

Who's Frank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sulman posted:

Their initial strategy (later imitated by Racing Point) was so successful
Yeah the strategy of "copy other expensive car" floundered on the minor detail that you need to copy a car that doesn't already suck