Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Not crappy construction. That tile is gorgeous, the living area is functional and it's a good example of adaptive reuse. They put a flat underfloor in it (if they had kept a shallow end and deep end that would be crappy construction) and did a lot of renovation work so it's not just slapping carpet in a pool as-is.

the listing posted:

The Williams is a 52,000-square-foot, four-story historic building featuring 29 brand-new apartments built inside the former W.J. Williams YMCA in East Walnut Hills. Charles Cellarius designed this outstanding example of early twentieth-century Tudor Revival architecture with limestone trim and a slate roof expressed in an institutional building, completed in 1930. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places, and designated a Local Historic Landmark in 2016.
that's a cool rear end building
https://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/places/pdfs/16000847.pdf detailed description, original floor plan and a bunch of photos of it in its previous state of disrepair. It's good they got to it when it was still in salvageable condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Youth Decay posted:

Not crappy construction. That tile is gorgeous, the living area is functional and it's a good example of adaptive reuse. They put a flat underfloor in it (if they had kept a shallow end and deep end that would be crappy construction) and did a lot of renovation work so it's not just slapping carpet in a pool as-is.

that's a cool rear end building
https://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/places/pdfs/16000847.pdf detailed description, original floor plan and a bunch of photos of it in its previous state of disrepair. It's good they got to it when it was still in salvageable condition.

I hope there is a super sweet secret storage compartment under the deep end floor.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

titty_baby_ posted:

This could be awesome to throw parties in
DJ setup or band above the kitchen, hell yeah.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

I hope there is a super sweet secret storage compartment under the deep end floor.

That's actually just where the sink drains into, the countdown until it's full begins...

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

titty_baby_ posted:

This could be awesome to throw parties in

yeah, but everybody's gonna pee in your living room

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Buttchocks posted:

Ya I've had parties before.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Buttchocks posted:

Thousands of people have already peed in that living room.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Buttchocks posted:

Welcome to our living room. Notice there's no P in it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

quote:

To answer a few questions I've seen: we were not home at the time this happened, thus we did not know it happened. We cannot see this part of the house from our road or driveway. Yes it's the front of the house. We use the back door as an entrance as that's where the driveway ends. We only go into the basement once every few days to do laundry. This is not a repost. This is a house that I lived in. The house is located in a town in southern Indiana. Should be plenty of info for y'all

quote:

We had a foot of snow last week. Then the temp Rose to 50F and it all melted, followed by a day of nonstop rain. Thankfully we rent and our renter's insurance will cover it. As far as no one hearing it, my wife and I were both at work. I went down the stairs, where it's usually dark, and I could see sunlight. I knew it was no bueno. Called my landlord and told him what happened. He thought I was yanking his chain until he came over to see for himself

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wondering how the renter's insurance is covering it, since the cause of loss - groundwater-induced hydrostatic pressure /earth movement, particularly below grade - is an exclusion in homeowners & commercial policies.

I've only covered it as an ensuing loss to a plumbing line rupture.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

PainterofCrap posted:

Wondering how the renter's insurance is covering it, since the cause of loss - groundwater-induced hydrostatic pressure /earth movement, particularly below grade - is an exclusion in homeowners & commercial policies.

I've only covered it as an ensuing loss to a plumbing line rupture.

Renter's insurance is only covering like $5000 in belongings in the entire house, I assume they don't need to exclude expensive stuff like homeowners insurance does

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Devor posted:

Renter's insurance is only covering like $5000 in belongings in the entire house, I assume they don't need to exclude expensive stuff like homeowners insurance does

Yeah, Renter's usually is for personal property loss (and if you have a good policy, it covers a hell of a lot more than $5K). The landlord will have separate insurance on the property and structure itself.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Renter's insurance is surprisingly good for what it does (cover your private property) will usually even cover damage to your stuff that happens off property (ie, if your bike is stolen while at work, renter's will often cover it because its a loss of personal property for a covered reason, even though it's not at the property you rent). Of all the insurance I have had to dick around with they were the least hassle. But they aren't doing poo poo about that wall, that's the owner's problem.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, Renter's usually is for personal property loss (and if you have a good policy, it covers a hell of a lot more than $5K). The landlord will have separate insurance on the property and structure itself.

Yeah, when a tree fell on my house, the landlord's insurance covered the structural damage. Our only property loss was the food in the fridge (no electricity for over a week) so we didn't file a claim with the renter's insurance because the deductible was $500.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Going through the Google street view history this used to be an ordinary split-level...and then something happened to it.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5824-Riverside-Dr-Richmond-VA-23225/12509223_zpid/

what is this font

"industrial" doesn't really work here imo

sure just put fuckin barn doors everywhere

and yes, that is the world's saddest roof deck(s)

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 3, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Which science/slomo youtube channel is using this house?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Fill that deck with agave, a baby pool, and smoke some weed imo

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Youth Decay posted:

"industrial" doesn't really work here imo

I kind of get what they're going for here but this was not the house to try it in... and the designer wasn't the person to do it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i've had nightmares like this

absolutely would rent

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qp727nFzUj1ti8ffx.mp4

Living here I would end up with no front teeth and one leg shorter than the other

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A moving cellphone video only made experiencing this house more nauseating :barf:

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Youth Decay posted:

I've never seen double barn doors attempted where they meet at the corner. There's no way those close without at least a 3/4" gap that is the perfect size to catch some peeps at whoever is using that glass-walled shower.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Or one edge slams into another, haha.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So they labeled two sets of 6 drawers 01-06...?

"Hey honey can you grab the thing, it's on 6"
"It's not here"
"yes it is"
(repeat the above two x100)
"oh i meant the other 6"

Also they even had a reserved space for the second digit, it's baffling.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Space Kablooey posted:

"It's not here"
"yes it is"
"oh i meant the other 6"

Those panels in the middle slide outward, 07-12 are both under there. The numbering makes even less sense on the right side.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qp727nFzUj1ti8ffx.mp4

Living here I would end up with no front teeth and one leg shorter than the other

Love that the woman filming falls and says oh poo poo as she gets out of the tub, as if to prove your point.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Facebook Aunt posted:

This is what I was hoping.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

There is and it's full of bones and skulls

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://twitter.com/CheyMillz/status/1367296281895313408

:iiam:
More videos in the thread

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

She needs to watch Candyman

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Iron Crowned posted:

She needs to watch Candyman

https://twitter.com/seeMOUSErun/status/1367388479944945665?s=19

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Idk why she is complaining to the landlord, she just got a ton of extra square footage for free

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

Idk why she is complaining to the landlord, she just got a ton of extra square footage for free

Looks like there's hella mold (and this being NYC, probably mice) in there and having that air blowing right into your bathroom is probably bad.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

My Lovely Horse posted:

There is and it's full of bones and skulls

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

The Glumslinger posted:

The most literal found footage movie.

Buttchocks fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 4, 2021

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The Glumslinger posted:

No, she just got slapped with additional rent for the new guest suite.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Space Kablooey posted:

"It's not here"
"yes it is"
"oh i meant the other 6"

[funk bass]
Pointer Sisters: 1 2 3 4 5 / 6 1 2 3 4 / 5 6

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/drooliet/status/1367515324967493633

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cursed image.