Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I don't watch aot but aren't the villains giants who eat people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I don't watch aot but aren't the villains giants who eat people

yes but also no

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
but then yes again

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

I discovered retrocrush which has a bunch of 80s and early 90s anime

I'm watching Demon City Shinjuku (which I remember watching in like 1995 on SciFi's Festival of Anime)

IDK if it's leftist

Kawajiri loving rules. idk if directly leftist or whatever but his stuff is always about like dehumanizing cityscapes and technology

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZ0bcpOKSc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

net work error posted:

Anime Adam Curtis

Naoki Urasawa?

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
desperately wish anime discussion online wasnt 90-95% people talking about the latest c grade seasonal shonen lol

esp in a season that includes loving Wonder Egg Priority

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

desperately wish anime discussion online wasnt 90-95% people talking about the latest c grade seasonal shonen lol

esp in a season that includes loving Wonder Egg Priority

Wonder Egg good. Should be interesting to see how they finish it off.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gimme another season of DB super gdi

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i kinda wish they would make something like Promare but actually have it be gay. instead of making it pretend gay to get homobucks without taking risks.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Good soup! posted:

gimme another season of DB super gdi

Toei sucks rear end at making tv shows these days

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Toei sucks rear end at making tv shows these days

They have to constantly make Precures and One Piece and this season they are already working on two other titles (That dragon quest anime and world trigger 2) maybe soon though???

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Wonder Egg is good but why would episode 8 of 12 be a recap episode?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

ooo, love little signs of the impending anime production crash like that

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Pitch posted:

that’s just what I was thinking smh

the only new thing is here the narration :(

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Pitch posted:

needed something to ship to stream and were behind im guessing

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

like the recap episode is an anachronism all by itself everyone is subbed to a service with all the episodes i havent missed anything

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Pitch posted:

they added an episode slot to the run to fit it in, so its 13 now. likely the animators just needed a week to not die from overwork

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

what, you don't like isekai???

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pitch posted:

Either like everyone said that they ran out of time or they thought the audience needed things explained to them.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Wonder Egg owns. Urasekai owns. Spider show owns. This is a good season

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thread hasn't talked much about Urasekai but it's been cool. If you like Urasekai you might also like Yami Shibai which is a series of shorts that are spoOOooOOoky in a very japanese borderline silly kind of way

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I found Urusekai kinda boring. Barely anything important happens, it's almost monster of the week level at this point. Visually it's kinda meh

The egg show and the spider show are both good however

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

net work error posted:

Thread hasn't talked much about Urasekai but it's been cool. If you like Urasekai you might also like Yami Shibai which is a series of shorts that are spoOOooOOoky in a very japanese borderline silly kind of way

Ive been watching that, up to the kinde action series, and some if them leave me wondering wtf just happened

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

grate deceiver posted:

I found Urusekai kinda boring. Barely anything important happens, it's almost monster of the week level at this point. Visually it's kinda meh

The egg show and the spider show are both good however

It’s about supernaturally-touched lesbians with guns dealing with urban legends come to life in the Stalkerverse. What more do you need?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

watching fmab as a teen made me more sympathetic toward iraqis and palestinians when i saw the episodes about the ishvalan war of extermination. scar was the best character in that show

yes i had a small brain and i needed anime to feel empathy, what of it

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 22:16 on Mar 4, 2021

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Casey Finnigan posted:

i kinda wish they would make something like Promare but actually have it be gay. instead of making it pretend gay to get homobucks without taking risks.

I saw Promare in a theater with my boyfriend and kissed at the same time as the protagonist and love interest so I'm biased and think it's good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Yossarian-22 posted:

watching fmab as a teen made me more sympathetic toward iraqis and palestinians when i saw the episodes about the ishvalan war of extermination. scar was the best character in that show

yes i had a small brain and i needed anime to feel empathy, what of it

As silly as the MLP/Holocaust post is, there is something to be said about how using characters to tell stories engages our brain in ways that simple facts don't. I don't know if it has to do with the parts of our brain that recognize patterns or what but I do think we're more easily wired to find empathy with someone we can put a face to than we are to an abstract figure on a page even if one of them is fake and the other are hundreds of thousands of actual real, dead people.

E: Also, and I can't think of a non-idiotic way to phrase it, but I think there's also a distinction between knowing something and feeling it, if that makes sense? Like I think it's possible to know intellectually that something has happened that is terrible without having a visceral emotional response.

christmas boots has issued a correction as of 23:09 on Mar 4, 2021

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
fma brotherhood whips rear end. hiromu arakawa's other stuff is really good too, silver spoon is one of my favs of all time

https://www.crunchyroll.com/silver-spoon

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Pitch posted:

The studio is making three shows this season and all of them are high animation quality. They probably fell behind schedule.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

what they did to the legend of arslan was a grave crime

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
anyone here seen serial experiments lain? probably the best representation of atomised individualism in the digital age i've ever seen. incredible and devastatingly contemporary atmosphere.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I saw it when I was a teenager. There's a lot of imagery that has stuck with me, but I really want to watch it again and see if I can follow more of the plot now.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I remember as a bitch baby child I would always check out the anime rack at Blockbuster, look at the back cover descriptions for Lain (and Akira), be interested but also disturbed and leave

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
akira was the first anime I saw

also ninja scroll

my brother's friend was baby sitting one day and asked my brother if ninja scroll would be a good movie for kids and my brother very sarcastically said yes and left for work.

he came back and ninja scroll was gone.

I imagine that probably resulted in some scarred kids and this guy on a list

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I read the Akira manga at like 10, before seeing the movie.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my first anime was the noozles

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Kit Walker posted:

It’s about supernaturally-touched lesbians with guns dealing with urban legends come to life in the Stalkerverse. What more do you need?

Ya, it sounds cool when you describe it like that, but when you watch it it's not really that exciting. 8 (or 9? idk, I quit after the beach ep) eps in and nothing is happening, they just kinda wander around, end up in the weird place, run away from the SCP of the week, next ep repeat the same. Premise is cool, but they do literally nothing with it, those are some boring-rear end lesbians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

an actual Roadside Picnic anime would rule though

just drunk Canadians with bad attitudes getting each other killed in the Zone

although come to think of it Darker than Black has what could be called Roadside Picnic influences