Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

On WOR Dave says two people will be debuting - one for the ladder match and the other one that Tall Paul teased.

This is what I always assumed and am glad Dave is also on that train.

a cyborg mug posted:

STAR MAN from the NES Pro Wrestling game confirmed

Janela has booked him in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Punk still under whatever WWE/Fox deal he had?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It was only with FOX IIRC. Would that prevent him from doing anything with AEW?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hope you got your Brock Lesnar merch from WWE.com because it is no longer available

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

It was only with FOX IIRC. Would that prevent him from doing anything with AEW?

yea it was with FOX and given the current state of everything I wouldn't be surprised if they were okay with getting his money off of their books.

I'm gonna guess the ladder match surprise is Mike Bailey and the teased surprise is Batista.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Hope you got your Brock Lesnar merch from WWE.com because it is no longer available

I’ll correct myself, I think this would instantly cause Vince to have a heart attack even more than Cena.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
As much as I didn't like Brock in WWE, it was mainly because he was always feuding with Undertaker, Reigns, Seth, or Strowman. Like you get the dude on a limited match contract and just have him fight the same people over and over again.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dacap posted:

I’ll correct myself, I think this would instantly cause Vince to have a heart attack even more than Cena.
10 more years of Orton as WWE champion

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If I'm not mistaken, WWE removed his merch page last August.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Moxley/Lesnar shoot-style match, incoming

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Lesnar to Bloodsport :getin:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sorry if this is a dumb question, is Lesnar really a possibility or is this fantasy booking? I don't really keep up with rumor mill

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, is Lesnar really a possibility or is this fantasy booking? I don't really keep up with rumor mill

It’s as possible as anyone else not under contract with WWE right now I guess.

I don’t want to see Lesnar in AEW, personally. To be honest I don’t think there are any “big” names I want to see them sign until they have their second show up and running and there’s time for the current roster.

Feels like they’re going to end up moving away from building their own stars and buying existing guys which is TNA as gently caress. I get that they want to get eyes on the product and big names will do it but it’s still kind of lovely.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SalTheBard posted:

Lesnar isn't currently under contract and anything is possible where the Khan family bank account is involved.

I'd be interested in Lesnar, he's an incredible presence and athlete and he can have good matches when he's not locked into the "suplex city" template that they stuck him in after he squashed Cena. I think AEW could do some cool poo poo with him. But I doubt he's the guy.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The man’s big but he’s a psychopath who uses slurs on the record. Can’t imagine there are folks seriously giving props to AEW for progressive values in 2021, but still, it wouldn’t be a good look.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So it ain’t Christian.

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1367495518365089796?s=20

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

The man’s big but he’s a psychopath who uses slurs on the record. Can’t imagine there are folks seriously giving props to AEW for progressive values in 2021, but still, it wouldn’t be a good look.

I mean, after Darby and Roberts got their passes, Jericho continues to be a vocally anti-mask Covid Truther Chud with zero consequences, and Hager continues to have a job, what's the harm at this point? At least as far as I know Brock has the brains to keep his bigotry to himself these days. Last time I heard about him using a slur in a public statement was less recent than Ronda. Low bars, granted, but Wrestling is the lowest bar industry, and AEW would still be head and shoulders above basically every other major company EVER in terms of doing non-lovely things even if they did hire someone like Brock.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'd rather them hire Brock than platform Barstool but we've already crossed that bridge.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1367542943599452166

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Brock as one of AEW's elder managers. Guy doesn't even have to talk like Taz just come out with slightly smaller Brocks and beat up whoever.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Seams posted:

Don't post Rovert.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just wild to think about who it could be.

If i had to name one person for the signing, i am going Christian. He doesn’t have that brand loyalty stuff and it’s not like WWE respects the guy.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'd be mildly disappointed if it was Christian, but it would make sense given what Paul said about it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Christian is already in the Impact Hall of Fame, so can't be him.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Feels like they’re going to end up moving away from building their own stars and buying existing guys which is TNA as gently caress. I get that they want to get eyes on the product and big names will do it but it’s still kind of lovely.

MJF and Darby are being pushed to the loving moon currently, with major stars (Jericho, Sting, Taz) basically existing to give them heat and a push. If it's someone like Cena or Lesnar (lmao), they'd be there to beat a Omega or whatever, than job to one of them.

EDIT: I think AEW is the only currently ongoing promotion that knows how to use Legend level talent.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If it was Cena or Lesnar someone in WWE would spoil it out of spite.

Cena is too unrealistic anyway.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mob posted:

If it was Cena or Lesnar someone in WWE would spoil it out of spite.

Cena is too unrealistic anyway.

I feel this would happen too.

No matter what, I know I’ll be surprised and on the edge of my seat.

I guess on the podcast when TK is talking about the reveal, he said the words “it’s true” so now people wonder if it’s Kurt Angle.

Hell, maybe it’s somebody who isn’t at that level and could be at that level sometime and they want to make it a big deal and start a push. I don’t even know.

So many pastabilities!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
if it’s john cena i’ll poo poo my pants and post a picture of it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

if it’s john cena i’ll poo poo my pants and post a picture of it

We can take your word for it

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

If it was someone on the level of Cena/Lesnar the bidding war would've leaked, because they'd be dumb not to get Vince and TK bidding against each other.

Angle, Christian, someone on that level that WWE's done with beyond outside-the-ring projects & occasional nostalgia pops is far more likely. that said this is a lot of hype for like, Carlito. so who knows.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/cmpunk/status/1367584534007455746?s=21

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

punk 100% piped up just because he saw a moment he could get noticed again and say GUYS IT'S NOT ME

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Punk had his chance to jump to AEW in Chicago and he chose WWE Backstage on Fox Sports for some god awful reason. Glad that's still working out for him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when the time comes dude. show me the watermelon pants

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Astro7x posted:

Punk had his chance to jump to AEW in Chicago and he chose WWE Backstage on Fox Sports for some god awful reason. Glad that's still working out for him

he makes money doing one of the easiest talk show spots in the world, isnt technically employed by the wwe so has a ton of freedom to do other projects, and doesn't have to wrestle, a thing he doesn't want to do

seems to work out for him ok

i have no interest in aew ever working with punk unless punk wants to wrestle, and if punk wanted to wrestle, he would have found a way to by now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, he basically would just have to DM Cody or Rocky Romero and he'd be booked the next day, basically.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

I Before E posted:

We can take your word for it

all a man has in this world is his poop and his word. i’ll give you guys both because that’s how much i appreciate you

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Tony K on AEW unrestricted saying the rivalry between Mox and Kenny ends this sunday is kind of a silly because it basically all but confirms Kenny will win, which I know most people think but it's nice to not be able to know the finish either way. My brain is severely bad so i'll probably forget he said that by Sunday

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why would Moxley win when Kenny hasn’t done poo poo with his belt collector gimmick yet, it seems obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Tony K on AEW unrestricted saying the rivalry between Mox and Kenny ends this sunday is kind of a silly because it basically all but confirms Kenny will win, which I know most people think but it's nice to not be able to know the finish either way. My brain is severely bad so i'll probably forget he said that by Sunday

i thought it was pretty obvious kenny is winning just from rational booking but you could take his comment to mean it either way, theyve fought a ton and kenny only won with cheap shot bullshit so if moxley wins this it's not like kenny deserves to still fight for the big belt. its my 2 cents