Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Since doltos isn't around to post petty poo poo about the sources:

A bunch of the stuff I've read about tackles like Slater and Eichenberg (who all have various late first early second grades at the lowest) are seen as solid people to move inside to guard. Vera Tucker seems to be seen more as a guard who could be a tackle than a tackle who could be a guard and he's anywhere from mid first to early second in what I've seen.

Most places have Davis as an early second, late first guy. Trey Smith is a day two guy who has really appealing write ups but apparently has some sort of medical concern, and Carmen from Clemson is seen as another pretty solid day two guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Excited to see none of these mock drafts come close to what the teams actually pick

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

Excited to see none of these mock drafts come close to what the teams actually pick

I'll have you know that last year I predicted the Bengals first round pick with 100% accuracy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why is the Jimmy Johnson value chart held up as some gospel anyway?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

I'm also excited to see mocks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

I'll have you know that last year I predicted the Bengals first round pick with 100% accuracy.

Too bad they took the wrong QB

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think team's use their own value systems. There's was an updated one from Harvard based on PFR's career AV.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 4, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr Irrelevant being worth about 1/6000 of the first pick is funny.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think team's use their own value systems. There's was an updated one from Harvard based on PFR's career AV.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/how-to-value-nfl-draft-picks/

I'd heard recently from an analytics guy that the league does still use the JJ value chart for trades negotiations. It shocked me to hear but maybe no one wants to share their own methods of evaluating value so it's a useful fiction or something.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m pretty sure that charts been altered since the adoption of the rookie cap. Not sure what the updated is called. The belichick?

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

quote:

DraftTek Interactive Trade Value Chart
Classic Jimmy Johnson Valuation Model
NFL teams use trade value charts when planning draft day trades. Enter your team in the box below, and all the picks for your team will be highlighted in green.

Teams are reported to use a revised trade value model in recent years, as discussed by Bill Belichick. Drafttek provides an alternate trade value model, developed by Rich Hill of Pats Pulpit, which we believe more accurately reflect the trades of the past several years:

Rich Hill Trade Value Model

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 4, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Belichicks trade value chart would be some mathematical calculations that the best value is the 3rd round.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Well that's certainly hanging in the Browns war room.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape posted:

every one is in their right place. Rude boy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

every one is in their right place. Rude boy

I'm sorry

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I always wonder how much of the old timey stuff like that would change if team profits weren't so shared.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I fully endorse Ross talking poo poo this off season because I have a feeling it's going to go the other way next off season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I fully endorse Ross talking poo poo this off season because I have a feeling it's going to go the other way next off season.

We can both talk poo poo to dolphins fans

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

but why would you want to

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

but why would you want to

Because you picked the wrong QB and I'm glad

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

a neat cape posted:

drat.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Tank for Tua!
oh poo poo we're going to lose out on Tua!
We got Tua!!!!
oh poo poo Tua sucks.....

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

:(

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m going to enjoy watching Herbert play so in a way we all win

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

a neat cape posted:

Let's see how Herb does after he gets Lombardi'd

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Really wonder if Flores never benched Tua if we would still think he sucks.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I'm not certain he sucks but Flores may have ruined a top qb prospect trying to ride the Fitzmagic to the playoffs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tua is gonna be juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How about Herbert puts up Marino in his second year numbers but the Chargers find a way to go 4-12? Will that make everyone happy?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

Tua is gonna be juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine

That will be the problem though

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think it’s way too early to say that Tua sucks but I will still say it whenever I can piss of Bama fans by doing so.

System QB. Mac Jones is better. Mac Jones also sucks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nodoze posted:

That will be the problem though

fine has many meanings

like if you say "girl you're fine!" it doesn't mean "just okay"

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Tua is already drafted you degens, talk about actual draft people (including mock drafts and mocking drafts) in this thread, please kindly.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

But Tua could be traded and that would effect the draft :colbert:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh poo poo with no one guarding the gate, everyone post your favorite mock drafts for today

incoming walterfootball mock draft

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-15)

Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson (6-6, 220 pounds)
Lawrence didn't have the best finish to his college career, but he lived up to expectations of being a generational talent at the position, the second in a row after Joe Burrow. He's a great leader and winner on top of being a strong-armed passer and capable tough runner. Lawrence will clean up the Jaguars QB mess, attached to a new coach, big college winner Urban Meyer. Lawrence can have success right away with the Jaguars having a decent line and top young skill players such as James Robinson, D.J. Chark and Laviska Shenault Jr. Forget that talk about Meyer taking someone else, especially another QB.

MORE: How Urban Meyer, Jaguars can avoid ruining Trevor Lawrence

2. New York Jets (2-14)

Zach Wilson, QB, BYU (6-3, 210 pounds)
Wilson had an exceptional season with his accuracy and downfield passing to emerge as the draft class' new second-best QB prospect after Lawrence. Wilson would be a strong, cerebral fit for Mike LaFleur's offense replacing Sam Darnold as the face of the franchise. The Jets are looking less likely to stick with Darnold in the new regime, changing to a rookie draft pick or a big-name veteran. If the Jets do trade for Deshaun Watson, then there would be a good chance Wilson goes with this pick to the Texans.

3. Miami Dolphins (from Texans for Laremy Tunsil)

Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU (6-1, 208 pounds)
The Dolphins would have a tough early decision if they keep this pick and consider taking Chase vs. reuniting DeVonta Smith with Tua Tagovailoa. They need to round out their receiving corps opposite DeVante Parker knowing they have the oft-injured Preston Williams. Parker, Chase and tight end Mike Gesicki would be a dangerous trio creating matchup nightmares. Chase posted 84 catches for 1,780 yards and 20 TDs during the national championship season and can join former teammate Justin Jefferson in lighting up the NFL as a versatile playmaker.

4. Atlanta Falcons (4-12)

Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (6-3, 233 pounds)
Fields has immense natural physical talent to make new offensive-minded head coach Arthur Smith think about finding Matt Ryan's successor for a run-heavier approach to the offense. Fields wasn't having the most standout second season for the Buckeyes in Big Ten play, but he saved his absolute NFL-loving best for lighting up Clemson and outplaying Lawrence with a dazzling all-around performance in the College Football Playoff semifinal.

5. Cincinnati Bengals (4-11-1)

Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon (6-5, 325 pounds)
Sewell still is the best all-around tackle in this class with his smooth agility for pass protection and rock-like stature for the running game. The Bengals will be tempted by a wide receiver and that still might be the direction should Chase, Joe Burrow's former go-to guy remain available here, But it's hard to pass up on Sewell with keeping Burrow upright in Year 2 and beyond being a high priority.

(Getty Images)
6. Philadelphia Eagles (4-11-1)

DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama (6-1, 175 pounds)
Smith is falling on some boards because of concern about his frame, but it's hard to ignore his Heisman Trophy-worthy dominant production, especially when it peaked during the College Football Playoff games and put him into the conversation for best wideout in the class. The Eagles did use a first-rounder on Jalen Reagor last year, but they have plenty of other issues at wideout for Carson Wentz and Jalen Hurts and could use Smith as their true go-to "X" outside to complement Reagor as a speedy "Z."

7. Detroit Lions (5-11)

Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (5-10, 182 pounds)
Waddle, like his Crimson Tide teammate Smith, is a highly skilled all-around receiver the Lions could use to run all the routes and get open everywhere outside for Jared Goff. Waddle would be a great replacement for aging free agent Marvin Jones Jr., assuming the Lions bring back big field-stretching younger free agent Kenny Golladay. Golladay, Waddle and tight end T.J. Hockenson would be a good foundation for Anthony Lynn's new-look passing offense.

MORE: The biggest busts in NFL Draft history

8. Carolina Panthers (5-11)

Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (6-4, 226 pounds)

The Panthers can think about offensive line and other offensive skill positions here, but there's a strong indication coach Matt Rhule and offensive coordinator Joe Brady want a more dynamic, younger upgrade to Teddy Bridgewater. Lance has climbed back up boards with his massive upside. As more teams see tapes of his statistically brilliant lone season as a starter (2,786 yards passing, 28 TDs, no INTs, 1,100 yards rushing, 14 TDs) it's harder to ignore the impressive physical and athletic skills.

9. Denver Broncos (5-11)

Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech (6-2, 207 pounds)
The Broncos will also weigh their options to boost their edge pass rush to support Bradley Chubb, knowing that Von Miller is older and coming off a season lost to injury. But the outside of the secondary sets up to be a more pressing concern for defensive-minded Vic Fangio. Farley was one of the first top prospects to opt out for his final college season. He has great size and solid all-around coverage skills to the point he can develop into a sound shutdown player.

(Getty Images)
10. Dallas Cowboys (6-10)

Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (6-6, 246 pounds)
The Cowboys could use some cornerback help, too, but this curveball of going for another an offensive skill luxury pick can't be ruled out for Jerry Jones in "best player availablle" mode. Dallas figures to lock up Dak Prescott and has fine weapons for him in Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and 2020 first-rounder CeeDee Lamb. But as much as Blake Jarwin and Dalton Schultz have flashed, neither is a matchup nightmare tight end. The Cowboys need someone as impactful as prime Jason Witten, and Pitts, a wide receiver hybrid, would be ideal. He posted 770 yards and 12 TDs on only 43 catches, a rare field-stretcher for the position as well as a dominant red zone force.

11. New York Giants (6-10)

Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami (6-6, 260 pounds)

The Giants will think about wide receiver and offensive line, too, but after relying much on inside pass-rushing for their much-improved front seven, can also go for the most reliable edge rusher in the class. Rousseau, who opted out of the Hurricanes season, didn't really need to play to boost his stock after posting 15.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss in his lone significant and final season under defensive-minded head coach Manny Diaz. He would be a great fit with Patrick Graham.

MORE: The biggest steals in NFL Draft history

12. San Francisco 49ers (6-10)

Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama (6-2, 203 pounds)

There's a growing chance the 49ers go in a different direction at quarterback, like offering up Jimmy Garoppolo in a trade for Kirk Cousins. They do have a major issue looming in their defense with a slew of cornerbacks headed to free agency, led by veteran leader Richard Sherman. That lines up well with this selection. Surtain, with his pedigree, size and ball-hawking skills, has the potential to be a true shutdown player.

13. Los Angeles Chargers (7-9)

Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern (6-4, 315 pounds)

The Chargers cannot go into another season with Sam Tevi and oft-injured aging Bryan Bulaga as the top tackles for second-year franchise QB Justin Herbert. The best offensive lineman available makes great sense here, more for outside than inside. Slater, who opted out of his final season with the Wildcats, is quickly rising up the boards again with his all-around skill set getting more attention. He held more than his own vs. Washington defensive rookie of the year Chase Young in a college matchup.

​14. Minnesota Vikings (7-9)

Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan (6-4, 272 pounds)
The Vikings saw their edge rush become a mess without injured Danielle Hunter and could use a versatile lineman to continue the rebuild of Mike Zimmer's defense, now more focused on the front. Paye is a freak of nature and has quickly shot up draft boards. It's hard not to think about a combination of Ziggy Ansah and Jason Pierre-Paul in that sense.

Getty Images
15. New England Patriots (7-9)

Micah Parsons, ILB, Penn State (6-3, 245 pounds)
Parsons' stock isn't falling; it's the fact the teams picking ahead of the Patriots now totally cannot feel comfortable going for this position over some glaring necessities. That's not to say Parsons is a luxury pick for New England — the team could use a second-level anchor to bring together all of Bill Belichick's young front seven reinforcements, especially with a free-agent mess ahead. Parsons is a hard-tackling and well-covering cleanup man, a rangy playmaker in the Luke Kuechly game-changing mold.

16. Arizona Cardinals (8-8)

Alijah Vera-Tucker, G, USC (6-4, 300 pounds)
The Cardinals could use an interior line boost for Kyler Murray and their run-heavy attack. Vera-Tucker has separated from Ohio State's now injured Wyatt Davis as the best such prospect in this class, as he can round out into a complete blocker, also capable of playing outside, with more polish.

17. Las Vegas Raiders (8-8)

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame (6-2, 216 pounds)
The Raiders invested in free agents Cory Littleton and Nick Kwiatkoski last year but that's not enough on the second level, as they still had fundamental issues in former defensive coordinator Paul Guenther's scheme. They need another key playmaker in the K.J. Wright molde for Gus Bradley's scheme. Owusu-Koramoah covers like a defensive back and has room to grow into a physical run stopper.

18. Miami Dolphins (10-6)

Najee Harris, RB, Alabama (6-2, 230 pounds)
Harris had a strong Senior Bowl week of practices showing off his running power and versatility. He showed up in excellent shape and proved capable he can handle a three-down workhorse role with his receiving skills, quickness and smarts. The Dolphins got a good season from Myles Gaskin when healthy in a featured role, but Harris would be a considerable overall upgrade.

(Getty Images)
19. Washington Football Team (7-9)

Mac Jones, QB, Alabama (6-3, 214 pounds)

Jones was the complete package in leading the Crimson Tide to a national championship, having a Burrow-style breakout with his accuracy, big arm and downfield production, racking up jaw-dropping passing totals in the process to make the most of top receivers. Jones' strong pocket passing should have great appeal to be Washington's long-term solution in Scott Turner's strong, QB-friendly offensive system.

20. Chicago Bears (8-8)

Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (6-3, 310 pounds)
The Bears should avoid reaching a little for quarterback and consider both offensive tackle and defensive tackle more should the draft play out like this in front of them. Barmore, ideal as a new building block for the Bears' 3-4, stood out as a inside terror for the Tide. He had a big College Football Playoff run against Notre Dame and Ohio State to boost his stock. Barmore combines strength and power with great technique. His late-season surge makes him worthy of a back-half first-rounder.

21. Indianapolis Colts (11-5)

Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech (6-5, 314 pounds)
The Colts need to find a new starting quarterback either in draft or free agency, too, but they also need to replace 32-year-old retiree Anthony Castonzo with another potential rock at left tackle. Darrisaw has put himself into strong first-round consideration with standout athleticism that can help him develop into a smooth and nimble long-term pass protector in the NFL.

MORE: Most painful NFL Draft slides of last 20 years

22. Tennessee Titans (11-5)

Azeez Ojulari, OLB, Georgia (6-3, 240 pounds)
The Titans' pass rush was a bugaboo and it cost them in front of their weak pass defense in the end with Jadeveon Clowney not providing enough late free-agency answers. Ojulari has jumped into first-round consideration because he's a unique pass-rusher who can fit a variety of schemes and alignments and has potential both in stopping the run and in coverage. Mike Vrabel and Shane Bowen would love his style of play.

23. New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)

Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas (6-3, 245)
The Jets, after thinking offense first with their No. 2 overall pick, must address their pass defense here with either cornerback, safety or pass-rushing help, and the latter might end up being the priority based on the value of players available. Ossai has been the recent fastest riser at the position as a tremendous upfield athlete with high motor who relentlessly goes after quarterbacks.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (6-1, 205 pounds)

The Steelers have aging corners outside in Steven Nelson and Joe Haden and both sub-package players, Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton, are free agents. Horn, the son of former NFL wide receiver Joe Horn, is getting the due he deserves as a big-time corner. His big two-interception game against Auburn fueled an upset as he was the best player on the field. This Horn has good size, length, athleticism and physicality to contain wideouts.

(Getty Images)
25. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Los Angeles Rams)

Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU (6-1, 208 pounds)
This safety class is deep with a lot of similarly valued prospects but Moehrig has managed to stand out from the rest as a ballhawking presence, strong run supporter and solid single cover man. The Jaguars need to think about cornerback, too, but they had shaky safety play last season, too and could use an active, impactful cleanup man in the mold of Derwin James or Jessie Bates.

26. Cleveland Browns (11-5)

Zaven Collins, OLB, Tulsa (6-4, 260 pounds)

The Browns have Myles Garrett anchoring their defensive line and Denzel Ward leading their secondary. They could use some complementary pieces there, but they also were short on playmaking on the second level. Collins explodes as an athlete and can make a lot of plays with his agility, quickness and range. Joe Woods would love his skill set.

27. Baltimore Ravens (11-5)

Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State (6-5, 257 pounds)
The Ravens could also consider wide receiver help for Lamar Jackson here but also have a big pass-rush issue to address with Matthew Judon heading to free agency. Oweh is the classic freakish athlete in the Jason Pierre-Paul mode who has the potential to be an explosive and productive rusher for a long time, even if he must produce situationally at first.

28. New Orleans Saints (12-4)

Nick Bolton, OLB, Missouri (6-0, 232 pounds)
The Saints have a pretty good edge pass rush and a second-level force in Demario Davis, but they could some help both upfield and getting around in coverage. Bolton, with his great speed and quickness made to fly around the field, can provide that. He also is a very sound tackler to keep boosting their strong run defense.

(Getty Images)
29. Green Bay Packers (13-3)

Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida (5-11, 190 pounds)
The Packers got plenty of big plays from Allen Lazard and Marques Valdez-Scantling to complement Davante Adams, but they have a clear need for a high-level dedicated slot receiver with Jarvis Landry-like potential to better work the middle of the field for Aaron Rodgers. Toney is dynamic after the catch and also has some middle of the field-stretching ability.

30. Buffalo Bills (13-3)

Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan (6-5, 319 pounds)
The Bills need to address offensive line in some form as a high priority with tackle Darryl Williams being the bigger free-agent concern over guards Jon Feliciano and Brian Winters, as Cody Ford returning from injury can shore up one of those spots. Mayfield has stood out on film with his size, length and strength and can develop into a smooth blocker a la the Broncos' Garett Bolles.

31. Kansas City Chiefs (14-2)

Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU (6-3, 200 pounds)
With Sammy Watkins and Demarcus Robinson hitting free agency in 2021, this would a coup for Patrick Mahomes, who needs a game-changing third target behind Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. LSU keeps churning out the big-time NFL wide receivers, with Chase going earlier and Justin Jefferson being an instant first-round hit for the Vikings. Marshall has a great combination of size and speed and can line up anywhere as a big-time complementary route runner to Hill.

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)

Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (5-10, 205 pounds)
This is just like the Clyde Edwards-Helaire pick the Chiefs made at this spot as reigning champions. The Bucs did OK to solve their running back woes in the passing game by adding Leonard Fournette, Ke'Shawn Vaughn and LeSean McCoy behind Ronald Jones, but Tom Brady really could use a more versatile weapon in the James White mold for his second year with the Buccaneers. Etiennie was a surprise return to Clemson but boosted his stock behind Harris as an all-around back with 1,506 scrimmage yards and 16 TDs. Fournette had a solid year and a great finish, but he's also a free agent who will suddenly have more interest.

Jaguars_table
QB Trevor Lawrence
Clemson
Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars need to address a lot of positions, with quarterback being at the top of the list. With the No. 1 overall pick, the decision here is a no-brainer: Trevor Lawrence, who is considered to be the best quarterback prospect coming out since Andrew Luck.

Needs: QB, OT, CB, EDGE
Related: Falcons attend Trevor Lawrence's throwing session
Jets_table
QB Zach Wilson
BYU
New York Jets: Speaking of an unpredictable offseason, the Jets – who hold a bevy of draft picks already – could go in a number of different directions. Will they stick with Sam Darnold or move on? Will the new coaching staff push to draft a quarterback or build around Darnold? I think Zach Wilson is too good to pass up and they turn the page on Darnold.

Needs: QB, EDGE, CB
Related: Terry Fontenot says Falcons will bring in quarterbacks
Dolphins_table
WR Ja'Marr Chase
LSU
Miami Dolphins (via Houston): If the Jets are considered the first X-factor or domino to fall, the Dolphins would have to be the second one. There have been some rumors about Miami moving on from Tua Tagovailoa, but I think it's way too soon for that kind of talk. Instead, they'll give Tagovailoa some weapons and take the best receiver in this class. Chase put up better numbers than Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb and DeVonta Smith in 2019.

Needs: WR, OL, LB, EDGE
Related: Falcons GM says 'it's never bad to add to a strength'
Broncos_table
QB Justin Fields
Ohio State
TRADE

Broncos receive: No. 4 overall (2021), sixth-round pick (2022)
Falcons receive: No. 9 overall (2021), No. 40 overall (2021), first-round pick (2022), second-round pick (2022), fourth-round pick (2022)
Denver Broncos: They say where there's smoke, there's fire. And there's been some smoke coming out of the Rockies as of late regarding the quarterback position. One rumor swirling is that Denver has been talking to teams about quarterbacks. In this scenario, they trade with the Falcons – ahead of the Panthers, another team that might be eyeing a quarterback – and pounce on Justin Fields.

Needs: CB, DE, QB, OL
Related: Falcons will likely attend pro days for all top prospects
Bengals_table
OL Penei Sewell
Oregon
Cincinnati Bengals: The Bengals nailed it last April when they drafted Joe Burrow. The former LSU star made an immediate impact and is clearly their franchise quarterback of the future. But they also learned the hard way that they need to protect their investment. This scenario works out nicely for the Bengals, who take Penei Sewell, hands down the best offensive line prospect in this class.

Needs: OL, DE, CB
Related: Falcons address O-line in Tabeek's mock draft
Eagles_table
CB Caleb Farley
Virginia Tech
Philadelphia Eagles: Now that Carson Wentz has been dealt to the Colts, does Philly go all-in on Jalen Hurts or draft a quarterback here? For now, I'm going with the idea that Hurts is their guy. If Penei Sewell is available at No. 6, I could see the Eagles not blinking and taking the former Oregon standout. But in this scenario, Philly knows it must also fix its defense and takes Caleb Farley, who checks all of the boxes to be a standout corner but also has tremendous upside.

Needs: OL, CB, WR, LB
Lions_table
WR Jaylen Waddle
Alabama
Detroit Lions: Speaking of the quarterback carousel, Jared Goff is now QB1 in Detroit as a result of a trade that sent Matthew Stafford to Los Angeles. The new Lions regime obviously needs Goff to succeed so they show faith in their new investment and draft former Alabama standout Jaylen Waddle, an explosive receiver who will stretch the field and demand extra attention.

Needs: WR, EDGE, LB
Panthers_table
QB Trey Lance
North Dakota State
Carolina Panthers: Don't be surprised if the Panthers try to move up in order to be in position to select their quarterback of the future. But in this scenario – and with the Eagles opting to go defense – Trey Lance falls right into Carolina's lap, and Matt Rhule couldn't be more thrilled (I'm just assuming here, folks). With Teddy Bridgewater in place and offensive coordinator Joe Brady, Lance can learn from two good ones before being thrown into the fire.

Needs: QB, OL, LB, TE
Related: Several mock drafts have Falcons picking Trey Lance
Falcons_Table
CB Patrick Surtain II
Alabama
TRADE

Falcons receive: No. 9 overall (2021), No. 40 overall (2021), first-round pick (2022), second-round pick (2022), fourth-round pick (2022)
Broncos receive: No. 4 overall (2021), sixth-round pick (2022)
Atlanta Falcons: This is another ideal scenario for the Falcons. They still have a top-10 pick and acquire more draft picks in the process, which will be key in reshaping the roster and infusing more talent while dealing with a very tight salary cap. By the time training camp rolls around, the back end of the Falcons defense could look very different – and for good reason. Atlanta surrendered a lot of big plays (only the Lions allowed more total completions of 15-plus yards) and needs to inject more talent to go along with A.J. Terrell, a budding star. The Falcons add Patrick Surtain II, who many scouts and draft analysts consider the top cornerback prospect in this class. Pairing Surtain and Terrell together would go a long way in turning that defense around under Dean Pees and his "multiple but simple" defensive philosophy.

Needs: DE, CB, QB, OL
Related: Falcons' biggest roster positions of need identified
Cowboys_table
OL Rashawn Slater
Northwestern
Dallas Cowboys: If you watched the Cowboys at all during 2020, it's clear that defensive unit struggled, especially against the run. Dallas, surprisingly, also struggled in the trenches on the other side of the ball, as the injuries piled up and gutted that once-formidable offensive line. With Rashawn Slater still available, Dallas jumps on the former Northwestern lineman. As Dane Brugler of The Athletic notes, Slater is "stout and power-packed and doesn't allow rushers to go through him." With Dak Prescott coming back from injury, tightening up that front will be key.

Needs: CB, OL, LB, TE
Giants_table
WR DeVonta Smith
Alabama
New York Giants: The Giants competed well under first-year coach Joe Judge, but one area in which Big Blue must address is receiver – and getting Daniel Jones some help. Defense could very well be an option here, too, but with DeVonta Smith sitting there, the Giants put his name on the card. The Heisman Trophy winner should help take the load off Jones as well as Saquon Barkley, who is expected to make a healthy return from a season-ending knee injury.

Needs: EDGE, OL, CB, WR
49ers_table
DL Christian Barmore
Alabama
San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers are another team to keep an eye on when it comes to making moves for a quarterback, either before, during or after the draft. For now, it's still the Jimmy G Show – and that's not a bad thing if Garoppolo can stay healthy and on the field. In this scenario, I can see San Francisco bolstering its defensive line and taking who many think is the top defensive tackle prospect in this class, Christian Barmore out of Alabama.

Needs: CB, OL, QB, DL
Chargers_table
TE Kyle Pitts
Florida
Los Angeles Chargers: I would not be surprised at all if Kyle Pitts is long gone by the 13th pick, but if he's still there I think the Chargers will sprint to the podium. Los Angeles has struck gold in Justin Herbert and now they need to surround their young quarterback with talent – and Pitts is a dynamic playmaker who can best be described as a big, fast receiver playing tight end. I think he fits the mold of the evolving tight ends, like Darren Waller and even Travis Kelce.

Needs: OL, TE, CB, DL
Vikings_table
OL Alijah Vera-Tucker
USC
Minnesota Vikings: This one is pretty straightforward. The Vikings must improve up front and taking Alijah Vera-Tucker out of USC should help them do just that. Vera-Tucker has great size and is versatile because he can play both tackle and inside at guard. Many draft experts seem to think his NFL future is at guard. Time will tell, but this would be a solid pick for Minnesota.

Needs: OL, DL, EDGE
Patriots_table
LB/EDGE Micah Parsons
Penn State
New England Patriots: I've had Micah Parsons going as high as No. 4 to the Falcons because he's a do-it-all defender who can rush the passer, chase down running backs and is solid in pass coverage. That's a pretty nice package, but he's not perfect. There are some concerns about Parsons's maturity but I think he'd fit in very nicely with the Patriots here – and flourish in that defense.

Needs: QB, DL, WR, TE
Cardinals_Table
EDGE Azeez Ojulari
Georgia
Arizona Cardinals: This is a big season for the Cardinals in a lot of ways – and I could see them adding some offensive firepower here at No. 16. But I think adding edge rusher Azeez Ojulari out of Georgia is the play here. Arizona must address its pass rush and Ojulari, who has a great burst and knows how to get around the corner to passers, could go a long way in remedying that issue. Kwity Paye of Michigan could be an option here as well.

Needs: CB, DL, WR, TE
Raiders_table
EDGE Kwity Paye
Michigan
Las Vegas Raiders: Speaking of Kwity Paye and bolstering the pass rush, I think that's exactly what the Raiders will do in this scenario. While edge rushers don't headline this draft class, there are some good ones, including Paye. The former Wolverine has a non-stop motor, relentless energy and has a nose for finding the backfield and wreaking havoc back there – just what the Raiders (and any team) could use.

Needs: DT, OL, EDGE, S
Dolphins_table
OL Christian Darrisaw
Virginia Tech
Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins got Tua Tagovailoa a nice weapon on the outside – Ja'Marr Chase with the No. 3 pick – and now they can address improving Tagovailoa's protection. Christian Darrisaw out of Virginia Tech makes sense here. Darrisaw thrives as a blocker in the run game and is solid in pass protection.

Needs: WR, OL, LB, EDGE
Washington_table
OL Teven Jenkins
Oklahoma State
Washington Football Team: Washington might be tempted to move up for a shot at a quarterback or even stay put and roll the dice on Mac Jones here (which I have them doing in my previous mock drafts). But the more I think about Washington's situation the more I think it needs to improve up front. I like Teven Jenkins here. The 6-foot-7, 320-pound tackle has great body control and is considered to be an excellent pass protector.

Needs: QB, WR, OL
Bears_table
OL Jalen Mayfield
Michigan
Chicago Bears: For a time, I thought Carson Wentz might end up in Chicago, but alas … he's now a Colt. So, what will the Bears do at quarterback? In this scenario, they could roll the dice on Mac Jones or even Kyle Trask, but I think they're both Day 2 picks. Instead, the Bears bolster the offensive line and take Jalen Mayfield out of Michigan. Mayfield can play both guard and tackle (although he's probably better suited inside) and a nice run blocker.

Needs: QB, OL, WR
Colts_table
EDGE Jayson Oweh
Penn State
Indianapolis Colts: Welp, I guess I should scratch "QB" as one of the Colts' needs. At least for now. Who knows if Frank Reich will ultimately "fix" Carson Wentz, but for now that's the plan in Indy. I think the Colts will turn their attention to the defensive side of the ball at No. 21 and pluck edge rusher Jayson Oweh off the board. Oweh has tremendous size, athleticism, can get into the backfield and has a lot of upside.

Needs: QB, CB, EDGE, WR
Titans_table
EDGE Gregory Rousseau
Miami
Tennessee Titans: When it comes to generating a pass rush, the Titans have struggled a bit there recently. This is an easy pick here, especially with the likes of Gregory Rousseau and Jaelan Phillips – two former Miami Hurricanes – still on the board. I think Tennessee will opt for Rousseau here. Rousseau is tall, long, smart and knows how to get off blocks in a hurry. He could provide a jolt to that Titans rush.

Needs: EDGE, WR, OL, CB
Jets_table
EDGE Jaelan Phillips
Miami
New York Jets (via Seattle): The Jets, with their new franchise quarterback in hand, address the other side of the ball and continue the run on edge rushers – and happily scoop up Jaelan Phillips here. While he's not as tall and as explosive as his teammate, Gregory Rousseau, Phillips still has great size and knows how to get to the passer and play the run well.

Needs: QB, EDGE, CB
Steelers_table
RB Najee Harris
Alabama
Pittsburgh Steelers: This pick just makes way too much sense here. At least for me. As I have noted for weeks in these mock drafts, the Steelers have their starting left tackle, top running back, leading receiver and No. 2 pass rusher ticketed for the open market in 2021. Pretty soon that list might also include a need for a quarterback, too. But for now, the Steelers take Najee Harris, the talented and bruising back out of Alabama. While his size is comparable to Derrick Henry, Harris is a very good pass catcher, too, and that's what separates him from a lot of backs his size.

Needs: QB, OL, RB, EDGE
Jaguars_table
CB Jaycee Horn
South Carolina
Jacksonville Jaguars (via LA Rams): As noted with the No. 1 pick, the Jaguars need to address a number of areas, other than just quarterback. Secondary is one of them, too. Last year they drafted C.J. Henderson out of Florida and I think adding South Carolina standout Jaycee Horn into the fold makes a ton of sense here. Horn has nice size, length and isn't afraid to be aggressive at times, either. He oftentimes was matched up against SEC team's top receivers and more than held his own.

Needs: QB, OT, CB, EDGE
Browns_table
LB/EDGE Zaven Collins
Tulsa
Cleveland Browns: The Browns will probably take a long, hard look at the back end of their defense this offseason, including cornerback, safety and linebacker. It's an area that must be addressed. I like Zaven Collins here; he won the Bronko Nagurksi for the best defensive player in college football and was also a runner up for the Butkus Award. As Dane Brugler of The Athletic notes about Collins, he has "the size of a defensive end and the athleticism of a safety." Adding a player like Collins in this spot seems like nice value.

Needs: S, LB, CB, DL
Ravens_table
EDGE Joseph Ossai
Texas
Baltimore Ravens: I had the Ravens taking a receiver here at No. 27 in my last mock but I think they'll go defense here and add edge rusher Joseph Ossai out of Texas. Ossai has nice size and can come off the edge with some steam. The one quality that most people talk or write about when it comes to Ossai is his motor – and that it's non-stop. That's something that can't be coached.

Needs: WR, OL, EDGE, S
Saints_table
CB Tyson Campbell
Georgia
New Orleans Saints: Things in New Orleans are shaping up to look a lot different in 2021. For starters, it appears that Drew Brees will retire, and a new signal-caller will be behind center. Jameis Winston? Taysom Hill? The good news for them is that they have some options on the roster already. One area where New Orleans needs to add talent, though, is the secondary. I think Tyson Campbell out of Georgia makes a ton of sense right here, too. Campbell has great size, a ton of talent and upside. His best football is front of him.

Needs: QB, DL, CB, WR
Packers_table
LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Notre Dame
Green Bay Packers: Sure, it would be nice if the Packers would get Aaron Rodgers some more weapons. But Green Bay knows it must address the other side of the ball – which sustained a number of injuries, but also struggled at times. Notre Dame's Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah can run and hit – he has great range and when he shows up, he drops the hammer. Owusu-Koramoah, if he's still on the board, would be a nice fit in Green Bay.

Needs: LB, DL, CB, OL
Bills_table
CB Asante Samuel Jr.
Florida State
Buffalo Bills: For the sixth mock draft in a row, I have the Bills taking a cornerback – and I really like Asante Samuel Jr. out of Florida State here. For starters, cornerback will be a position of need for Buffalo and Samuel isn't really a reach here at No. 30. Samuel is a 5-foot-10 corner who is fast, twitchy, has good instincts and a high ceiling. At Florida State he broke up 29 passes and made four interceptions in three seasons.

Needs: CB, OL, DL, EDGE
Chiefs_table
OL Landon Dickerson
Alabama
Kansas City Chiefs: One area the Chiefs will likely address this offseason is the offensive line. As I've noted previously, the Chiefs haven't spent a first- or second-round pick on an offensive lineman since 2015 and tackles Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz are a year away from having their deals expire. And we all saw in the Super Bowl, that area was an issue against the Buccaneers defense. I'm going with Landon Dickerson out of Alabama here. Dickerson tore his ACL in December, but if he can stay healthy is definitely worthy of this pick. He's got great size, nice footwork and can be a true mauler at times.

Needs: OL, EDGE, LB, WR
Bucs_table
LB Nick Bolton
Missouri
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I was tempted to pick running back Travis Etienne here but couldn't pass on the idea of adding linebacker Nick Bolton to that linebacker corps, especially with Lavonte David scheduled to become a free agent. Bolton doesn't have imposing size, but he flies to the ball and knows how to deliver the big hit. He plays with great speed and processes things quickly, and I like that pick here at the end of the first round.

Needs: LB, DL, EDGE, WR

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Please ban this walter football garbage

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There’s been more and more talk that Fields is slipping on teams boards. Obviously could be total fake info but it is a thing going around.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cool

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Please ban this walter football garbage

Walter Football is fun to read because literally a third of the analysis is the dude railing about someone having the gall not to play football during the worst health crisis in a century or longer.

"This corner has fluid hips AND HE'D BE MORE LIKELY TO DIE DRIVING TO PRACTICE THAN FROM CORONA but tends to bite on double moves"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

a neat cape posted:

without pep, herbie wouldn’t have been as good. on the bengals, he definitely would have been bad.