Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the source is me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

eat butts.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

That new AV is a thing of beauty :allears: petition to change your name to #1 Juicy Boi

Hey you're the one with the power! I'd gladly accept that change :P

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

One time I saw a tit and then my eyes went to hell and I no longer feel the light of God in me

To be honest, that's exactly what set me on my path of debauchery

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

before i watch a horror movie i make sure to watch it before so i make sure there are no b*obs

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The B*ob (1988)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Do not, my friends, become addicted to tits. They will take hold of you and you will resent their absence.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Iron Crowned posted:

Do not, my friends, become addicted to tits. They will take hold of you and you will resent their absence.

I'm pretty sure the day I watch 'Slash Dance', I will be annoyed the content isn't able to meet the box art - https://letterboxd.com/film/slash-dance/

This is in contrast to Lifeforce, which was able to take the boxart and really go to town with it

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Hey you're the one with the power! I'd gladly accept that change :P

Also feel free to use this for a future av if you want, I chose to have it drawn for me as a prize in another thread.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I just recently rewatched Lifeforce and that movie is so good. drat, its weird as hell and just gets weirder.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Lifeforce escalates in such a strange way and then just explodes at the end in such a satisfying manner. Such a strange and wonderful movie.

Full of boobs. Like the best things in life often are.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

Lifeforce escalates in such a strange way and then just explodes at the end in such a satisfying manner. Such a strange and wonderful movie.

Full of boobs. Like the best things in life often are.

:emptyquote:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tarnop posted:

The B*ob (1988)

Beware of The B*ob, it creeps
And leaps and glides and slides
Across the floor
Right through the door

And all around the wall
A splotch, a blotch
Be careful of The B*ob

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

tonight i drank some coconut water and watched the new wrong turn and only one of those things was a good decision IT WAS THE COCONUT WATER it was an ok movie but not a wrong turn movie at all the mutants arent in it!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Soon there will be no time for heaven or for hell.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Hahaha whoever recommended Conquest for my non Fulci liking rear end a couple pages back. That was delightfully nuts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kvlt! posted:

tonight i drank some coconut water and watched the new wrong turn and only one of those things was a good decision IT WAS THE COCONUT WATER it was an ok movie but not a wrong turn movie at all the mutants arent in it!

Coconut is good as hell

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
As we learned in GTA5.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wrong Turn (2021)is an absolute pile of loving trash.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Iron Crowned posted:

No, I take hold of the tits. I do resent their absence, though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

veni veni veni posted:

Wrong Turn (2021)is an absolute pile of loving trash.

Fun garbage or genuinely unpleasant and boring to sit through garbage?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

WATCH BAD BIOLOGY

Going back a bunch of pages because I'm way behind. I watched this because Hennelotter and it is certainly a loving trip. I spent most of it laughing saying "what the gently caress?" under my breath a lot because it is very odd and badly acted but I just couldn't stop watching.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Coconut is good as hell

yah it is i like it a lot

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Fun garbage or genuinely unpleasant and boring to sit through garbage?

unpleasent and boring. skip completely imo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone watch Lucky on Shudder yet? I liked it a lot and it has some unexpectedly really funny moments in it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

married but discreet posted:

Hahaha whoever recommended Conquest for my non Fulci liking rear end a couple pages back. That was delightfully nuts.

I legit loving love this movie so much lol

It's so bizarre but also, like it makes perfect sense somehow. Not just from the hazy camera but the story and a lot of the dialogue really does read like crazy rear end mythology from the past. And I liked the horror-fantasy vibe and also it being about the formation of civilization as we know it in a way with like Mace becoming more in tune with other humans and Ocren becoming a dog at the end and running off?

It's so loving weird but it like 100% works on that level and I love that.

Also LMAO when she summons that dark warrior demon dude and he just groans and bails out at the end :lol:

Mace's caveman nunchucks? loving MASTERPIECE

I love that in the intro the old man explaining the myth to the hero outright tells the hero that the legend was a sign/metaphor for the legendary guy becoming a man and stuff.

Legendary zombie swamp brawl beats too imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbbppS0VoYw

Are there even any other movies like this in existence? Where it's a fantasy movie but with some heavy horror vibe moments and general dreaminess? It feels more in line with what I'd imagine reading about these figures as a kid than most other adaptations of myths. Conan the Barbarian is the closest I guess but any others?

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 5, 2021

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Are there even any other movies like this in existence? Where it's a fantasy movie but with some heavy horror vibe moments and general dreaminess? It feels more in line with what I'd imagine reading about these figures as a kid than most other adaptations of myths. Conan the Barbarian is the closest I guess but any others?

Gandahar, maybe?

Hawk the Slayer has its moments too, but I'm not going to recommend it to anyone.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

The Beastmaster doesn't go as far with the gore or the smut but has a similar vibe

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Black Angel, maybe?

I put together a list of stuff I haven't seen but want to that might fit, though I can't vouch for: Bestije, Eggshells, Son of the White Mare, Taxandria, On the Silver Globe, Belladonna of Sadness, Fellini Satyricon

Most of it's not really horror, but you might vibe with them anyway.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Belladonna of Sadness DEFINITELY does not fit

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Beastmaster doesn't go as far with the gore or the smut but has a similar vibe

Jedit posted:

Gandahar, maybe?

Hawk the Slayer has its moments too, but I'm not going to recommend it to anyone.

Gandahar and Beastmaster are both really cool, I love Beastmaster so much. :D

I still haven't seen Hawk: The Slayer, don't think I ever will from what people say lol

feedmyleg posted:

Black Angel, maybe?

I put together a list of stuff I haven't seen but want to that might fit, though I can't vouch for: Bestije, Eggshells, Son of the White Mare, Taxandria, On the Silver Globe, Belladonna of Sadness, Fellini Satyricon

Most of it's not really horror, but you might vibe with them anyway.

Just want to mention here that Son of the White Mare is insanely loving good and everyone here should watch it, and it does kind of have that vibe too even if it's not gory per se so thanks for reminding me of it. :D Gonna give it a re-watch soon now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Watching the trailer for Conquest I get Krull vibes. It was aimed at kids, a PG I think but I distinctly remembering a few bits weirding me the gently caress out as a child. It is delightfully poo poo but it makes me miss bizarre space fantasy films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndpV6qfQJVw

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Krull is pretty bad but has a GREAT stop-motion giant spider

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Krull is the better Hawk the Slayer, and it actually stands up pretty well. It's a rare juxtaposition of fantasy, SF and horror with a great cast including early roles for Robbie Coltrane, Liam Neeson and Lysette Anthony. I also unironically love the overture.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Neo Rasa posted:

I love Beastmaster so much. :D

The Vinegar Syndrome 4K of Beastmaster looks amazing

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
On sale for $44.99 :eyepop:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I somehow, despite growing up in the '90s with cable tv, went without seeing Beastmaster until this past year, it fuckin rules. Big ups to Don Coscarelli.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

That was absolutely the bit that freaked me out as a kid.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

On sale for $44.99 :eyepop:

It should go on sale in May for half that, during the Half Way to Black Friday Sale

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
A blind buy 4K has definitely got to be under $20 for me, unfortunately. Buy I'll rent it this weekend for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I paid full-price for Beastmaster, and it's worth every penny. Amazing packaging, the restoration is insane, the colors with Dolby Vision or HDR just pop, and the supplements rule. I was so-so on the film but enthusiastic about having the new restoration, but after seeing it, I loving love it. Vinegar Syndrome impressed me.