Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can't kill something that never existed in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Boxman posted:

That specific line delivery was a joke but people absolutely believed it could be a thing, even in this very thread, as recently as, like, two weeks ago. Theories were posted about how the expanding hex could catalyze a lot of changes, using Monica as an example, and/or that the hex's energies dissipating could seed the mutant gene or its movie equivalent.

Something like that still makes sense to me on like, an abstract level, but I get now that Disney isn't going to start the entire X-Men franchise on some rando fringe online-only mini series. Like it seems Wandavision has blown up way more than they expected, they thought this was just gonna be a little side show to keep people interested while they wait for the good stuff. But even if they knew this was gonna be super popular they still wouldn't have used it to launch a franchise that could be as big as, like, the entire Avengers stuff. If not bigger.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I suspect Falcon/WS might have more big time stuff, or Loki. They feel like they were meant to be the tentpoles of the D+ MCU.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

XboxPants posted:

Something like that still makes sense to me on like, an abstract level, but I get now that Disney isn't going to start the entire X-Men franchise on some rando fringe online-only mini series. Like it seems Wandavision has blown up way more than they expected, they thought this was just gonna be a little side show to keep people interested while they wait for the good stuff. But even if they knew this was gonna be super popular they still wouldn't have used it to launch a franchise that could be as big as, like, the entire Avengers stuff. If not bigger.

eh, Feige et al. have been pushing pretty hard that the Disney+ series are a crucial part of the MCU going forward, that it's one of the pillars of the service, and that there will be full two-way continuity between the Disney+ series and films going forward. you can be skeptical of how far that'll actually go in practice, but I don't think it was an unreasonable thing for people to speculate

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Gaz-L posted:

I suspect Falcon/WS might have more big time stuff, or Loki. They feel like they were meant to be the tentpoles of the D+ MCU.

I think you're right. Falcon and WS was supposed to come out before WV, in August. Because of Covid though it had to be delayed because it hadn't completed filming. I think Feige et.al. meant for that to be a big series to hook people into the D+ MCU but settled for WV to go first because it was already in the can.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The mutants' introduction into the MCU should be an infodump at the beginning of Deadpool 3.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

XboxPants posted:

rando fringe online-only mini series

Disney plus is basically a tentpole of the companies future. The Mandalorian got a Luke Skywalker cameo!

Wandavision, which stars two Avengers, is a tentpole of Marvel's Disney plus thrust. They are spending movie level money on these "rando fringe mini series". This isn't a tie in novel, it's one of their main story telling platforms going forward. One which is taking most of the remaining Avengers, just as a starter. Feige has been clear that Wandavision, Far From Home and Multiverse of Madness exist as a trilogy, albeit one where you can watch just one of the three without missing out too much.

If they aren't introducing X-Men here, it's because they have a different idea of how to do it. Not because they don't consider this show to be "worth it".

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Marvel Disney+ series supposedly cost an average of $25 million per episode, more than The Mandalorian. These are going to be a major thing going forward, not some fringe side-project.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Robot Hobo posted:

That one seems fine to me, since Banner was specifically trying to scare Nat away and make her think that involving him was a terrible idea. He was trying to be out of character there, hoping she'd get creeped out and leave him alone. Apparently, she's into that.

Yeah, that's the vibe I always got from that scene. He just got tricked into meeting with a Shield spy who's trying to recruit him. Of course he's going to be a little hostile towards a woman he's never met tricking him, and then trying to recruit him to work for an intelligence agency who doesn't have the greatest history of being honest about their motivations.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Veotax posted:

The Marvel Disney+ series supposedly cost an average of $25 million per episode, more than The Mandalorian. These are going to be a major thing going forward, not some fringe side-project.

Exactly. Which means Wandavision cost twice as much as Ant Man and a fair chunk more than Ant Man and The Wasp.

And slightly less than Captain America: Civil War.

The shorter episode length might mean it cost a little less on average than the other big Disney Plus shows coming up, but it's at least comparable to a non-Avengers movie.

You wouldn't doubt Marvel would bring a big concept in via Civil War or Ant Man 2, would you? (And if you did, you'd be dumb and wrong.)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Masonity posted:

Exactly. Which means Wandavision cost twice as much as Ant Man and a fair chunk more than Ant Man and The Wasp.

And slightly less than Captain America: Civil War.

It's not literally $25m an episode for every series; every live-action one is probably around the same total budget regardless of episode count. I doubt that the first three episodes of WV in particular cost anywhere near that much.

tsob posted:

I imagine that the show will either kill Vision or the kids, because it'd be super weird given the themes of the show for Wanda to come out of this with basically a perfect life that she instigated by torturing a bunch of people, regardless of intention. I don't think it'd be too much for one of them to survive, especially if they're distanced from her in some fashion in the immediate aftermath and she has to learn to control her magic and process her grief properly before she can reconcile.

getting rid of the kids would be too dark and too much of a troll of the fans imo, so I think that's pretty unlikely, but I'll be pretty surprised if Vision isn't dead again at the end of the series, not to mention disappointed; I like Bettany, but as you say, Wanda coming through this with her whole Westview family intact would feel like a cheat given the arc the first eight episodes have set up for her

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 5, 2021

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

STAC Goat posted:

Besides the Avengers films and a few a list villains scattered about its mostly B and C listers. The MCU is much more protagonist driven so I don't think the Fantastic Four need Doctor Doom out of the gates and Silver Surfer/Galactus right after. Doom might come in the first film because obviously everyone wants Doom. But based on MCU pattern it seems more likely they'd have a smaller villain as the main problem and build to Doom.

I'm hoping that the the first movie uses either Annihilus or Blastaar while exploring the Negative Zone personally. They're both less well known but kind of cool villains (though I'm really only familiar with them from things like the Annihilation event from a decade or more ago), and using something like the Negative Zone allows you to fudge the origin of their powers, while making them somewhat unique within the setting and push the story in to new areas that the MCU hasn't explored yet beyond Dormammu's dimension in Doctor Strange. Super Skrull seems like he could be a good fit for a first Fantastic Four villain too, and you could probably use another Celestial or other cosmic entity such as the Beyonder in one of the sequels too. Galactus is the most obvious cosmic entity to engage them with though. Really, any kind of space or dimensional villain is fine for the Fantastic Four, since it gives your story a reason to have them exploring strange new places as a group for a time before fighting some villain that's tied to that location, which is core to the Fantastic Four from what little I know of them.

You could also use Kang the Conqueror or Immortus. In the case the MCU does use Kang/Immortus though, I'm kind of hoping they use Robert Downey Jr for him since Tony discovered time travel and I think it'd be a neat way to work him back in for one or two more films while loving with some of the heroes (especially Spiderman), if they have to fight someone that is nominally a person they used to know.

live with fruit posted:

If there's one certainty for the finale it's that they're not killing off the kids.

I imagine that the show will either kill Vision or the kids, because it'd be super weird given the themes of the show for Wanda to come out of this with basically a perfect life that she instigated by torturing a bunch of people, regardless of intention. I don't think it'd be too much for one of them to survive, especially if they're distanced from her in some fashion in the immediate aftermath and she has to learn to control her magic and process her grief properly before she can reconcile.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

It's not literally $25m an episode for every series; every live-action one is probably around the same total budget regardless of episode count. I doubt that the first three episodes of WV in particular cost anywhere near that much.

We're still talking $150million budgets here. Not small niche stuff. These shows are meant to be the equivalent to a MCU movie.

The low end estimate for Doctor Strange is $165million. Thor Ragnarok was $180mil. Wandavision is widely reported as costing $200mil. Sure, most of that will have been spent in the latter episodes rather than the first three... But that's kinda like saying the first half hour of Ant Man was cheap to film.

I doubt the therapy scene in End Game cost much. Doesn't make it a cheap niche movie.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Bleck posted:

putting women or black folks in your movie won't get it banned in China, though

I have to point out again that "it's all China's fault that the movies are straight white men" was a lie that Ike Perlmutter and his friends put out to take the heat off them.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Barry Convex posted:

eh, Feige et al. have been pushing pretty hard that the Disney+ series are a crucial part of the MCU going forward, that it's one of the pillars of the service, and that there will be full two-way continuity between the Disney+ series and films going forward. you can be skeptical of how far that'll actually go in practice, but I don't think it was an unreasonable thing for people to speculate

Oh sure, I was considering it, too. It's only looking back after having seen almost the entire series that I'm gonna say, "oh i get it, the focus of this show was pretty small scale and more of a character piece". But you're right that Feige are really pushing on Disney+ and I'm sure they want to have a successful streaming service and this is a big part of that. It's not like this is, like, loving Inhumans or something. Even given what I said, about WV being less about worldbuilding, they STILL set up Photon, brought back Darcy and Jimmy, and potentially set up a ton of poo poo for Doc Strange.

I guess I'm saying that after having seen a D+ MCU show, my expectations for massive world shake ups are a lot lower. Which isn't even to say that it can't happen, but I'd be surprised, now, rather than almost expecting it. These shows can work on their own without needing a huge tie-in and tbh it's probably better that way.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I think another aspect too is that in all likelihood, Marvel's most recent thing pretty much hit a crescendo for crossovers and smashing a bunch of characters / worlds together, in all likelihood all the new stuff is going to be a bit of a reset where they go back to things being a little more self-contained.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I presumed the reason why they merged the TV and film divisions is largely because they wanted more control over the central MCU narrative. I'm not sure why they'd reduce crossovers, it's one of the most distinctive parts of the franchise and looking at the cast lists for upcoming MCU movies they certainly don't seem to be pulling back there.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I dunno, I think that they should definitely do crossovers. I do definitely feel like when they get too prevalent it starts feeling like just smashing action figures into each other (Civil War was probably the worst for this, along with maybe the first Avengers). That's fine for a fun thing every few years, but it would suck if every single movie and show had to have 50% of whoever the current avengers are.

I like that we could just have a cool Wandavision show without constantly wondering why the rest of the superheros aren't there.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I dunno after the zone expanded I was kind of saying "isn't this the time you call the Avengers?"

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Robot Hobo posted:

That one seems fine to me, since Banner was specifically trying to scare Nat away and make her think that involving him was a terrible idea. He was trying to be out of character there, hoping she'd get creeped out and leave him alone. Apparently, she's into that.

No, it's more that Nat is just not into failing. She's obviously poo poo-scared of what could happen to her, but she not going to let that stop her from trying. You pretty much see how utterly terrified she is when Bruce yells at her. I was fine with that scene. The idea that a relationship that started there ended up getting romantic in AoU, that seemed kind of hosed up. On the other hand, some time had clearly passed between Av1 and Av2 so... bad/scary first impressions can be overcome or something?

Robot Hobo posted:

I'm expecting Agatha to straight-up eat those kids in the first few minutes of episode 9.

I don't think she'll eat them, exactly, but I'm pretty sure she'll out them as being not actually real. Or possibly not actually kids. Maybe what was "snackin'" on Wanda's magic were her own demon-homonculous children.

Agatha: No, sweetie-pumpkin, they're not your children. They're dimensional parasites that you sucked into yourself who fed on your powers and shifted themselves into your children. It's why they could grow and age at will. The only reason your soul wasn't eaten was that you're the Scarlet Witch. And Sparky was a Hell-Hound. You're lucky I killed it before it got stronger. Your first clue should have been that you can't get preggers by loving a robot. Honestly, are you sure that you're a natural redhead? Because that bit there was really blonde of you.

Robot Hobo posted:

In Doctor Strange, I'm sure The Ancient One ended up being a white lady mostly because the "classic" version is a Tibetan man, and Disney is not going to risk suggesting that Tibet might exist.

True that. On the other hand Tilda Swinton can very much bring the "Oh, yeah, she's not even a little bit normal" in her characters, so it worked pretty well.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Nail Rat posted:

I dunno after the zone expanded I was kind of saying "isn't this the time you call the Avengers?"

That's always been an issue with comics and comic stories, why don't they just call Earth's Mightiest whenever there's a problem? You kinda have to accept that when a character isn't on screen they're in some kind of stasis pod with no cell reception.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

That's always been an issue with comics and comic stories, why don't they just call Earth's Mightiest whenever there's a problem? You kinda have to accept that when a character isn't on screen they're in some kind of stasis pod with no cell reception.

Are the Avengers really even a thing right now? At this point I'm pretty sure it's just Rhodey knocking around one of Tony's spare mansions keeping the lawn mowed and answering the phone with "When they get back together, I'll let you know. Now piss off. I have an important football game to catch on the big screen."

Everyone fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 5, 2021

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I think this incessant picking at every tiny detail by internet folks as if it has massive import sometimes does a disservice to the movie/story itself. I feel some people watch just to look for "Easter eggs" and miss what is going on.

I'm not a comics fan so it goes way over my head. I'm not going to say egg hunting is "the wrong way" to watch this poo poo but it's definitely not my bag.

I'm enjoying watching sad pretty lady be sad about her robot boyfriend and making a fake happy land, then having to deal with the fallout plus bad government guy. Plus scenery chewing witches. It's fun and different than the movies. I don't feel everything needs to be more than that personally.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Nail Rat posted:

"We just brought back half the loving universe, we are taking a god damned break!"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

TinTower posted:

I have to point out again that "it's all China's fault that the movies are straight white men" was a lie that Ike Perlmutter and his friends put out to take the heat off them.

not denying this, quoted post was intended to be tongue in cheek

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

swickles posted:

"We just brought back half the loving universe, we are taking a god damned break!"

I was kind of wondering why none of her friends came to check on her after she went bonkers and put a giant magic spell around a town, but maybe she just doesn't have any.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

live with fruit posted:

It's not a line, though. It's the reason why Jimmy, who is based out of San Francisco, found himself in New Jersey in time for Wanda's shenanigans. Especially if part of the point is setting Jimmy up for future movies/shows, it'd be strange for him to end the show without actually coming back to his original motivation.

How do you know Jimmy is still in San Francisco? Also, if you want to get super technical the FBI doesn't run the witness protection program. It's supervised by the US Marshals.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Robot Style posted:

I was kind of wondering why none of her friends came to check on her after she went bonkers and put a giant magic spell around a town, but maybe she just doesn't have any.

I think the only ones who kinda talked with her were Captain America and Hawkeye. One is a retired old man, the other has probably taken a break to spend time with his family.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

Which ones?

Tony and Natasha are dead. Steve is too old (and may be in another timeline?). Bucky and Sam are in Madripoor. Both Thor and Carol are probably in space by now. Clint and Scott just got back together with their families and are probably ignoring all calls from shady government entities. T'Challa is a king and won't get involved with anything that doesn't directly affect Wakanda. Bruce is still injured and this is way out of his knowledge base. Nobody at Westview would logically have a way to contact Dr. Strange, if they even really know about him.

The only ones that are left are Peter - a kid who would be in way over his head - and Rhodey - who would be even be even more useless than Peter.

I also get the feeling that SWORD wants to keep their 'revive Vision as a weapon against superheroes' plan on the dl.

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 5, 2021

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Everyone posted:

True that. On the other hand Tilda Swinton can very much bring the "Oh, yeah, she's not even a little bit normal" in her characters, so it worked pretty well.

She does "Human, for lack of other descriptive options" very well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the Avengers aren't exactly old lifelong friends. Wanda lived/worked with Cap, Nat, Vision, Sam, and Rhodey. Cap's an old retired man, Nat's dead, Vision's deadish, and Sam and Rhodey weren't exactly her besties. She obviously has a bond with Hawkeye over Pietro's death and their shared loss but he just got his family back after 5 years of being a grieving serial killer and having his best friend kill herself for him. He's probably otherwise occupied. Most everyone is probably reeling and recovering in all kinds of ways mere weeks after Endgame.

Plus... again... the clear story we're being told is that SWORD is in charge and SWORD is up to no good. Hawthorne lied to the FBI and his own people. I doubt he's calling up Avengers to interrupt his plot to use this mess to power the animated corpse of their friend as his new weapon.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Lammasu posted:

How do you know Jimmy is still in San Francisco? Also, if you want to get super technical the FBI doesn't run the witness protection program. It's supervised by the US Marshals.

True, but they wouldn't be in Witness Protection unless they were a witness that was needed in a trial, and the FBI would be someone who put them in the program. It's not crazy to think he'd occasionally check up on a witness in one of his cases, and them disappearing along with the entire town in a world with superheroes would easily merit him showing up to check it out.

I think people are reading way too much into it. He's the Coulson of these phases, someone normal that people can identify with. It works, he's definitely likeable and someone fun to look out for but they might not work to hard to fit him in. He just needs a reasonable explanation to be somewhere, and that's why they said there was a witness there.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Lammasu posted:

Sure, but the FBI does build cases which require witnesses. It's probable that Jimmy wanted to contact "Criminal Steve" through the marshals assigned to protect him and got a "Who the hell is that?" which put him on the trail of what happened to Westview.

Also, Jimmy apparently operates out of Oakland now, per WV episode 4.

Technowolf posted:

Which ones?

Tony and Natasha are dead. Steve is too old (and may be in another timeline?). Bucky and Sam are in Madripoor. Both Thor and Carol are probably in space by now. Clint and Scott just got back together with their families and are probably ignoring all calls from shady government entities. T'Challa is a king and won't get involved with anything that doesn't directly affect Wakanda. Bruce is still injured and this is way out of his knowledge base. Nobody at Westview would logically have a way to contact Dr. Strange, if they even really know about him.

The only ones that are left are Peter - a kid who would be in way over his head - and Rhodey - who would be even be even more useless than Peter.

I also get the feeling that SWORD wants to keep their 'revive Vision as a weapon against superheroes' plan on the dl.

Meanwhile, Bruce doesn't like Wanda anyway. Seven years post-Ultron he probably doesn't want to murder her anymore, but it's not hard to see why "Check on the emotional welfare of the weird witch-girl who brain-raped me into wrecking half of Johannesburg" wouldn't be at the top of his "To-do" list.

That said, probably the best character to have sent to check on Wanda would have been Hulk-adjacent. Leonard Samson.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Have they given any indication what Bruce/Hulk would even be capable of post-Endgame? He looked pretty hosed up after the snap and even Thanos couldn’t even lift that arm after he used it.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

LegionAreI posted:

I think this incessant picking at every tiny detail by internet folks as if it has massive import sometimes does a disservice to the movie/story itself. I feel some people watch just to look for "Easter eggs" and miss what is going on.

I'm not a comics fan so it goes way over my head. I'm not going to say egg hunting is "the wrong way" to watch this poo poo but it's definitely not my bag.

I'm enjoying watching sad pretty lady be sad about her robot boyfriend and making a fake happy land, then having to deal with the fallout plus bad government guy. Plus scenery chewing witches. It's fun and different than the movies. I don't feel everything needs to be more than that personally.

it's kinda annoying but I also think a lot of it is just the confluence of MCU withdrawal and the show's mystery-box setup

i don't feel like the speculation will get so wild when the storytelling is more straightforward

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Have they given any indication what Bruce/Hulk would even be capable of post-Endgame? He looked pretty hosed up after the snap and even Thanos couldn’t even lift that arm after he used it.

Thanos couldn’t use his arm after he used the stones to destroy the stones, which was seemingly a far bigger deal. He was still able to use his arm/hand after The Snap.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Is there any hope at all of seeing more DD or Punisher now that Disney controls this stuff?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

MrMojok posted:

Is there any hope at all of seeing more DD or Punisher now that Disney controls this stuff?

Charlie Cox is apparently in Spiderman 3.

quote:

Spider-Man 3: Daredevil Actor Charlie Cox Wraps Filming

As rumors swirled around of Spider-Man 3 casting Daredevil actor Charlie Cox to reprise his role from the Netflix series, ComicBook.com has learned that the actor was indeed on the set for the Marvel Studios movie. Cox is expected to be playing Matt Murdock in the film alongside Tom Holland's Peter Parker, though at this point it is unclear if it will be the same version of Daredevil than many fans know and love from the Daredevil and Defenders series on Netflix or if it's some sort of multiversal reboot. Considering the inclusion of Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, it's possible that the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be making major changes to Cox's Daredevil in the future.

quote:

In a separate interview, Feige said that all of the Netflix characters are "on the board," meaning they are eligible to be used by Marvel Studios. Now, Marvel Studios has complete control of almost the entire catalog of characters from Marvel Comics as the X-Men characters previously owned by Fox, in terms of movies, came home when Marvel Studios' parent company Disney purchased Fox and its assets. Marvel Studios has been collaborating with Sony to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe while Sony still owns the Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home films. Those fans hoping to see Cox in the MCU, especially in a film with Tom Holland's Spider-Man, seem to be having their wish granted.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

MrMojok posted:

There's a chance of more DD. IF whatever I have been seeing online is right: Charlie Cox seems as he has filmed some scenes for Spiderman, Marvel were looking for extras for a court scene. Don't get your hopes too high or get too hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
My guess for the finale:

Ralph is no one and never appears.
Pietro mysteriously disappears back to his home reality, with some vague allusion to him originally running to her aid when he heard her In trouble.
Vision fights Vision, with them eventually joining together.
Hayward is just revealed to be a normal human prick.
Wanda frees everyone, and then runs off, with some hint that Strange wants to track her down.
No other big cameos or new character hints featured.

As for the long shot season 2, if Vision does combine, but maybe not perfectly, it could set up some need to go see Simon Williams and finally tie in that aspect of the comics backstory.