Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fries should have the sauce dumped directly on top of them and be eaten with a fork

if by sauce you mean chili, then yes

otherwise I do not put condiments on fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fries should have the sauce dumped directly on top of them and be eaten with a fork

Wait... are you saying someone eats fries with a spoon? :barf:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Use chopsticks, like a gentleman

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Use chopsticks, like a gentleman

:tipshat:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only thing a french fry needs is salt. I didn't hate it when I tried poutine so you can put some gravy on it too if you want to be adventurous.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wait... are you saying someone eats fries with a spoon? :barf:

*opinion only unpopular in North America

**and maybe Britain I don't go there but it's probably dumb

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Some music sounds best on cassette tape.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

fizzymercury posted:

There's people like my Mom that named her dog Todd and bought him little shoes and hats and fed him people food. They're nuts and they need help.

I don’t understand why some people make their animals live on only one kind of food. Dogs love food*, why make them subsist on unappetizing kibbles for their short lives? I mean obviously they need a varied diet if you are going to give them other stuff but that’s not hard. It’s all just food, let them have some.

*my dogs also eat goat and chicken poop, their tastebuds are broken

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fizzymercury posted:

Some music sounds best on cassette tape.

or 8-track, like this classic I listened to about a million times as a kid

A1 Bobby Pickett– Monster Mash
A2 Sheb Wooley– Purple People Eater
A3 Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs– Wooly Bully
A4 Johnny Preston– Running Bear
A5 The Playmates– Beep Beep
B1 Johnny Horton– Battle Of New Orleans
B2 The Coasters– Charlie Brown
B3 Lou Monte– Pepino The Italian Mouse
B4 Jimmy Dean– Big Bad John
B5 The Coasters– Yakety Yak
C1 Hollywood Argyles– Alley Oop
C2 Lonnie Donegan– Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor
C3 Nervous Norvus– Transfusion
C4 Larry Verne– Mr. Custer
C5 The Olympics– Western Movies
D1 The Big Bopper*– Chantilly Lace
D2 Pickett* And Ferrara*– King Kong (Your Song)
D3 Allan Sherman– Hello Muddah! Hello Fadduh!
D4 Ray Stevens– Ahab, The Arab
D5 Rolf Harris– Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i bought my dog a traditional chinese bureaucrat's costume with a hat and single braid and stuff. i only make her wear it for pictures although she doesnt actually seem to mind the jacket and just sleeps in it

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only thing a french fry needs is salt. I didn't hate it when I tried poutine so you can put some gravy on it too if you want to be adventurous.

it actually needs mayo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Addendum: the proper preparation is either mayochup, ketchup and malt vinegar, or as poutine

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

just ketchup isnt enough, ketchup is there to augment mayo but cant stand on its own

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Addendum: the proper preparation is either mayochup, ketchup and malt vinegar, or as poutine

:hai:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Joburg posted:

I don’t understand why some people make their animals live on only one kind of food. Dogs love food*, why make them subsist on unappetizing kibbles for their short lives? I mean obviously they need a varied diet if you are going to give them other stuff but that’s not hard. It’s all just food, let them have some.

*my dogs also eat goat and chicken poop, their tastebuds are broken

I cook Walrus food in advance and heat it up in the microwave because my princess gets the best. She gets a variety because I get bored making the same dogslop all the time.

I don't feed her tiny portions of what's on my plate without thinking about it. That is people food.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

French's mustard and chopped onions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The fries are just a tool to get the delicious ketchup sauce into my face. This is also why waffle fries are the superior fries.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I wish I could find an unsweetened ketchup. I mean the exact same consistency, just no sugar or sweeteners. It does not in fact exist.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

it actually needs mayo

If that was the quality of Fry I was getting I'd be putting sauce on it too. Them's some sad fries.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

I wish I could find an unsweetened ketchup. I mean the exact same consistency, just no sugar or sweeteners. It does not in fact exist.

Even Heinz makes no sugar added ketchup?? You can get it at Walmart. You're not going to find ketchup without sugar because tomatoes are literally only sugar, water, and fibre.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Even Heinz makes no sugar added ketchup?? You can get it at Walmart. You're not going to find ketchup without sugar because tomatoes are literally only sugar, water, and fibre.

Nope, Heinz "no sugar added" has sucralose in it. It's a weasel term, kind of like how store-bought orange juice is sweetened out the rear end.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

Nope, Heinz "no sugar added" has sucralose in it. It's a weasel term, kind of like how store-bought orange juice is sweetened out the rear end.

Oh that's fair, I never looked at the ingredients. And dumb. Sucralose tastes like poo poo but hey, no calories?? i guess

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

people who fall for scams are dumbasses. if you get tricked by a phishing email youre an idiot and its your own fault
They target people who make the innocent or naive assumption that since they would never do something malicious to someone else, nobody is going to do it to them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Oh that's fair, I never looked at the ingredients. And dumb. Sucralose tastes like poo poo but hey, no calories?? i guess

Peapod used to have a generic "organic" ketchup that didn't have any added sweeteners, but they stopped delivering to my city and I never found out who actually made the stuff for them. But if you just dump a bunch of tomatoes and salt and vinegar in a pot for a couple hours you'll wind up with ketchup anyways. Just make a big batch and fill up a squirty bottle with it.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Rats are the best pets. Not an unpopular opinion at all amongst the initiated, but I have friends who are terrified to go anywhere near my rats' cage.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Animal-Mother posted:

Rats are the best pets. Not an unpopular opinion at all amongst the initiated, but I have friends who are terrified to go anywhere near my rats' cage.

Lol I still can't understand anyone's aversion to pet rats. Except maybe the giant balls they are in fact pretty unsettling but it's not like they are scary. Just giant in a way that isn't great.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Manager Hoyden posted:

Lol I still can't understand anyone's aversion to pet rats. Except maybe the giant balls they are in fact pretty unsettling but it's not like they are scary. Just giant in a way that isn't great.

Rats are cool but I absolutely hate the feeling of their little claws as they climb over me. Ferrets hamsters and all the rest included.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Atticus_1354 posted:

Rats are cool but I absolutely hate the feeling of their little claws as they climb over me. Ferrets hamsters and all the rest included.

How do you feel about pet centipedes

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
1980 and 2005 are more alike than 2005 and today

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol if you were alive in the 80s

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Koramei posted:

1980 and 2005 are more alike than 2005 and today

I think that depends on how Online you are.

Art, food, (non-internet) culture, movies, literature, fashion, education, and most other things have stagnated pretty badly. Technology that isn't part of a small group of consumer electronics has also stagnated. Social media and app-based services are pretty much the only things advancing quickly anymore.

Don't get me wrong, there is a difference but not nearly the difference between 1980 and 2005.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Mm I agree general material culture (especially in the west) hasn't changed much, but I think the transformative effect of those consumer electronics and what's essentially become universal internet + smartphone usage is significantly more impactful for our society than 25 years of material culture change.

Also more importantly I think the rise in wealth + connectivity of the developing world has just been insane. 10 years ago you just didn't hear opinions from outside of Europe or America; these days voices from India, Indonesia, China etc are increasingly prominent, maybe even getting to be dominant in places. Look at how the discourse around colonialism has changed in this time for instance.

Or world GDP per capita (from Maddison):

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Koramei posted:

Or world GDP per capita (from Maddison):

That looks like a smaller percentage increase from 2005-->2020 than from 1980-->2005.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's probably also worth noting that GDP per capita in China is still extremely low, which is going to really bite them in the rear end when the previous generation retires. I believe India is similar.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That looks like a smaller percentage increase from 2005-->2020 than from 1980-->2005.

In world GDP, but not PC. The rich in the west have stayed the same, but other parts have gotten vastly wealthier

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Koramei posted:

In world GDP, but not PC.
Nah even in per capita.

1980 - 7.2k
2005 - 11.5k (just gonna guess based on 2000 being 9.9k and 2010 being 13.1k)
2020 - 16k (probably a bit less but whatever)

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
I mean am I missing something or are those both around 4.something? Even if it’s a bit more or less than your ballpark estimate I feel like that kind of proves my point.

My half asserted statement is obviously not scientific or whatever, but still.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It's like a 60% increase vs a 40% increase.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Oh fair relative versus absolute. But if that absolute wealth is going to different places in the second period compared to in the first (I assert without evidence) then the difference is still more meaningful.
Not that it’s particularly hard to actually verify these figures if we’re so inclined, but I have to say I don’t think even a 60% vs 40% increase in wealth particularly invalidates my point.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Previous page reminded me of my #1 complaint towards the Furry community: stop referring to your characters as "anthro" when the "-morphic" part is the actual draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

But if you just dump a bunch of tomatoes and salt and vinegar in a pot for a couple hours you'll wind up with ketchup anyways. Just make a big batch and fill up a squirty bottle with it.

It’s just a weird bit. They were told how to make ketchup and told about natural/sugarless ketchups you can order online the last time ketchup chat happened.