Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
Caroline's third skill is dumb. You can only do 4 volleys max as far as I can tell and you'll have a huge gold advantage pretty quickly if you roll with the gold mine. I figure maxing it first then finishing off the 2nd skill is the the to go early since it's useless later on when you've got 60+ gold vs your opponent.

Return, Shuffle and Gold Attack is my favorite.
20dmg for 100g with Gold Attack. Over and over. Unf.

Edit: OK now I understand the third skill better and I'm a dumbass, it's good

antisocial86 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Maybe not the right thread for it but has anyone done much of the game pass cloud streaming on their device, and what kind of controller situations are working for you? I tried a little of the touch controls and while it's cool that it works it would also drive me crazy.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I made use of a dualshock 4 that I already had and it works pretty nicely.

Also nice to play a microsoft game with a sony controller on an android device.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Knightmare posted:

Maybe not the right thread for it but has anyone done much of the game pass cloud streaming on their device, and what kind of controller situations are working for you? I tried a little of the touch controls and while it's cool that it works it would also drive me crazy.

some games have touch controls like slay the spire. I use a ps4 controller with no problem. i tried casting it to my tv and oh boy don't do that

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

If this is what you mean, I've been playing pc adventure games, hypnospace outlaw, and similar through steam / remote desktop on my phone. That's generally worked really well.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

I applied as Akiosan

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Knightmare posted:

I use one of these that works perfectly.

Beboncool Controller

I also use it for running emulators for various systems on my phone as well.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

explosivo posted:

I haven't gotten sucked into a Kairosoft game in forever but picked up Boxing Gym Story and have been enjoying it a lot. There's a lot of downtime between matches which isn't particularly unusual in one of these games but man, it's fun watching my guys fight their matches. My first guy has been my money maker and he's about to retire :ohdear:

Sounds dope. Is it like the race car one? That’s the only one I ever loved.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Snowmankilla posted:

Sounds dope. Is it like the race car one? That’s the only one I ever loved.

It is! I literally just posted about this in a different thread so I'ma just copy that over here:

quote:

I have been playing Boxing Gym Story the last week or so and actually have been enjoying it a lot. I like the Kairosoft games that give you something fun to look like Grand Prix's races and the boxing matches are pretty fun to watch in this game. That said, I've hit the point that I think I'm done with it now because there's just so much downtime between each match and they don't let you use the fast forward until you've beaten the game once. I don't even know what "beating the game" looks like, my dude was the world champion across 3 different weight classes and now am forced to fight "Kairobot" which is a dude with 999 stats who loving clobbers me in 10 seconds in a tournament that I'm pretty sure is designed to force you to retire your OP boxer.

Basically, I liked this one because the boxing matches are fun to watch, but does fall into a lot of the same Kairosoft traps that all the other games have. I got a week or two of fun out of it so I do recommend it if you liked Grand Prix Story.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

explosivo posted:

It is! I literally just posted about this in a different thread so I'ma just copy that over here:

Basically, I liked this one because the boxing matches are fun to watch, but does fall into a lot of the same Kairosoft traps that all the other games have. I got a week or two of fun out of it so I do recommend it if you liked Grand Prix Story.

Awesome. Thanks for the write up. I may pick it up for spring break, or look for a sale.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dicast posting: I don't think I get Caroline. I mean, I really like her in theory, but I just cannot make her consistent. She feels incredibly feast or famine, but I'm not sure if that's because of her tiny life pool at level 3. To make her do anything, you really need to get both her AP and gold up, while other characters can just focus on AP and then just splatter me before I can get up to speed.

I'm running Portal, Large Potion, High Gold, 6 and Lock High, and I've been splitting time between Tac Tent and Gold Mine, but I think I like Tac Tent a bit more.

Anyone have ideas on getting her more consistent?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Applied to DiceDiceBaby as DontMindMee

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Go RV! posted:

Dicast posting: I don't think I get Caroline. I mean, I really like her in theory, but I just cannot make her consistent. She feels incredibly feast or famine, but I'm not sure if that's because of her tiny life pool at level 3. To make her do anything, you really need to get both her AP and gold up, while other characters can just focus on AP and then just splatter me before I can get up to speed.

I'm running Portal, Large Potion, High Gold, 6 and Lock High, and I've been splitting time between Tac Tent and Gold Mine, but I think I like Tac Tent a bit more.

Anyone have ideas on getting her more consistent?

Well I don't know if you saw the recent patch notes, but they buffed gold gain from...basically every source, so that goes a long way towards making her more viable.

I know the one thing other Carolines have been using is Gold Attack. Sure, it uses up all your remaining gold, but it's pretty trivial for Caroline to get it up to 20 damage.

I'm not sure I have anything else really, I'm only still in gold so I'm relying on the good ol' reliable of Back/Reverse Dice/Swap/Shuffle. All easy to get, good on every character.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Arzaac posted:

Well I don't know if you saw the recent patch notes, but they buffed gold gain from...basically every source, so that goes a long way towards making her more viable.

I know the one thing other Carolines have been using is Gold Attack. Sure, it uses up all your remaining gold, but it's pretty trivial for Caroline to get it up to 20 damage.

I'm not sure I have anything else really, I'm only still in gold so I'm relying on the good ol' reliable of Back/Reverse Dice/Swap/Shuffle. All easy to get, good on every character.

Yeah, I definitely wrote this before seeing the patch notes, which do a LOT for her.

I had considered Gold Attack, but my generation wasn't good enough pre-patch. I definitely see it as very viable now, though. I can see Shop actually being pretty good as well.

e: Tac Tent with Portal, High Gold, Draw Dice, Shop and 6 seems to be doing pretty well for me.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 3, 2021

Beardfish
Jul 1, 2009

Been having a lot of fun lately with Golf Blitz - quick games but there's still time for dickish behavior.

Also while picking through this thread found Dicast and that's been awesome. Seems pretty easy to unlock most (?) of the heroes and bases without any skin in the game - working on Breeze and the Breezy Bastion.

Have been looking for an arcade style soccer game. I played Score Match which is fun but don't like that there's only FB as a sign in option. Now I'm trying out PES and hopefully it's arcade-y enough.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anyone know why Goldberg is more expensive to get to lvl4 than other heroes? Has it got something to do with the amount of available cards?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

NPR Journalizard posted:

Anyone know why Goldberg is more expensive to get to lvl4 than other heroes? Has it got something to do with the amount of available cards?

I mean, his pyro for one and that spear always did look crazy.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Is there a way to copy a game from one device to another? Hungry Cat Picross was pulled from the US play store over copyright issues and now I can't get my fix on my new phone.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

diremonk posted:

Is there a way to copy a game from one device to another? Hungry Cat Picross was pulled from the US play store over copyright issues and now I can't get my fix on my new phone.

What? Did they copy another picross game?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Bruceski posted:

What? Did they copy another picross game?

No, Nintendo is acting on their trademark of "Picross".

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
They're going Kleenex on us! What's the generic name for that type of puzzle?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Ive seen it called Paint by Numbers before

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Farquar posted:

Nonogram

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Farquar posted:

I believe Nonograms, but drat, I didn't know Nintendo had trademarked Picross. Thought it was generic for sure.

Happy Cat Nonograms isn't going to be the same, but at least it'll survive that way I guess... :sigh:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

hooah posted:

Wow, that never even occurred to me. Seems like the cow is long gone on that particular barn door. Wonder if we'll get Hungry Cat Nonogram.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Bruceski posted:

Wow, that never even occurred to me. Seems like the cow is long gone on that particular barn door. Wonder if we'll get Hungry Cat Nonogram.

Who knows. They've been a little tight-lipped about it in their Discord.

But for diremonk, since it's free, you may be able to find it on APK Mirror.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I already see a game called "Hungry Cat Nonogram Purrfect Edition" on Play Store. Is this not the same game but with a name change?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
or it's someone trying to suck up installs by uploading a game with a similar name

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's the same game, they've just renamed it on the store.

Like, I take the already-installed version on my device (which is still called "Hungry Cat Picross"), and click the button to go to the store page, I end up on "Hungry Cat Nonogram Purrfect Edition".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Huh, I don't see that on my play store.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

diremonk posted:

hooah posted:

:mad: Goddamnit

Oh they just renamed it.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Dicast chat: I just today realized that you can get rid of Trixie's pills by selling them in the shop.

Also, how does this game not have collectable cosmetic dice? Practically every other game in existence does.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Someone made a rimworld/dwarf fortress like game for Android!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kirill_skibin.going_deeper

Note:I haven't played it yet, so no idea how good it is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Harminoff posted:

Oh, oh drat. Yes please.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Harminoff posted:

Man, it feels really rough.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Farquar posted:

Dicast chat: I just today realized that you can get rid of Trixie's pills by selling them in the shop.

Also, how does this game not have collectable cosmetic dice? Practically every other game in existence does.

Yeah I honestly feel like Trixie just isn't that good because of it. Also because the pills don't overwrite cards in your hand so you're immune if your hand is full.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Baddog posted:

Man, it feels really rough.

Rough but.. not bad? I don't hate it, I'm considering paying just to get rid of the goddamn ads.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

After fiddling with a few restarts, I think it has a lot of promise but jeez the amount of times I was screaming at my phone "loving FARM YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS YOU WILL STARVE" or "KEEP MAKING THOSE loving PLANKS YOU HAVE SO MUCH loving WOOD" was a little too much for my liking.

I hope the dev updates it. I really like the concept; i've been wanting to play something like this for a while.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Darkoni posted:

After fiddling with a few restarts, I think it has a lot of promise but jeez the amount of times I was screaming at my phone "loving FARM YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS YOU WILL STARVE" or "KEEP MAKING THOSE loving PLANKS YOU HAVE SO MUCH loving WOOD" was a little too much for my liking.

I hope the dev updates it. I really like the concept; i've been wanting to play something like this for a while.

So it is rim world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

diremonk posted:

I used this (APK Extractor) to grab things off my old phone that weren't in play store anymore, was pretty straightforward: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui