Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Greg12 posted:

how's a general strike supposed to work when our labor is worthless

rich people aren't rich from owning the things we make or do

they're rich because they own, trade, and speculate on the things our grandparents made (and things that are just imaginary)

a general strike is just another disaster they can capitalism, another shock they can doctrine

imagine thinking that capital will cruise missile its own capital, tho

what a maroon

billionaires are still human and interact with other humans, capitalism is also critically dependent on humans

therein lies their weakness, they need us more than we need them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Shame Boy posted:

To be fair that guy probably really looked a lot like bigfoot without the orange vest

Why would your first thought on seeing bigfoot "oh, it's bigfoot, I should shoot him!"

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Thanatosian posted:

Why would your first thought on seeing bigfoot "oh, it's bigfoot, I should shoot him!"

because you're American

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bigfoot is a threat and threats need to be put down

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bigfoot has stepped on too many toes!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zzulu posted:

Bigfoot is a threat and threats need to be put down

Bigfoot isn't a threat. Unless you happen to have a sack of apples, but then it's best to share anyhow.

It's really annoying that there's more than one bigfoot show and a few of them are gun toting shitheads so comedy is bound to prevail.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Thanatosian posted:

For the money.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

In a recent FPlus episode it was established that bigfoot is actually the devil, though they also said you shouldn't shoot it unless you absolutely have to because if you kill it then its bigfoot friends (which are always nearby) will rush in and kill you.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Thanatosian posted:

ignore the other answers:

Bigfoots are from a different dimension and therefore it is entirely safe and legal to shoot the Bigfoots.

also according to "Extradimensional Bigfoot" this is also true:

stringless has issued a correction as of 09:18 on Mar 5, 2021

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FFT posted:

ignore the other answers:

Bigfoots are from a different dimension and therefore it is entirely safe and legal to shoot the Bigfoots.

also according to "Extradimensional Bigfoot" this is also true:

Oh yeah they communicate through farts and telepathically talk to dolphins or something I forgot

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

human garbage bag posted:

you just need to start doing it in a pattern. you first announce you're gonna strike on the first monday of every other month, and then do it and record yourself and post the video online. then you do it again in two months on the first monday, again recording it and posting. keep doing it and you'll get copycats, and eventually it will go viral. then you tell everyone to strike every month, and they do it because you are the originator.
Seems like this would be pretty difficult to pull off. How are you going to get a new job that quickly?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Tiggum posted:

Seems like this would be pretty difficult to pull off. How are you going to get a new job that quickly?

scab for the people that follow your example

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They have a Facebook page with a bunch more of them, up to at least 2018.

But good luck trying to find them, they're all in the "photos" section mixed up with everything else they do.

This is the most recent one I could find, still just as terrible as those from 2015:

Though I would like to see some from 2019 as the US was having a mass shooting every few days.

yeah, I'm never loving ever stepping foot in the US, thanks

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
By the way, the reason those Parents Against Gun Violence text-images work is because of the clear, simple and active language they use. If newspapers wrote that way about officer-involved-shootings (el oh loving el) people would feel a whole lot different about them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Also that they use the point of view of the shooter rather than some imagined impartial third person.

Going through them again I still feel the same rollercoaster of shock, horror, disgust and sadness.

But most of all, you realise just how loving stupid almost all of them are. There's no "one good man with a gun" only "one man who didn't get enough dipping sauces for his nuggies".

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

There's no "one good man with a gun" only "one man who didn't get enough dipping sauces for his nuggies".

Look, it's very easy to make it sound stupid but you had to be there.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm struggling to wrap my head around the one who shot two people who were having an argument that didn't involve him. It looked "intense"? So I started blasting?!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Legit question for rural Americans - How do I kill the 30-50 feral bigfoots that run into my yard within 3-5 mins while my small kids play?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gorson posted:

Legit question for rural Americans - How do I kill the 30-50 feral bigfoots that run into my yard within 3-5 mins while my small kids play?

Bigfoots are extremely territorial, if they're running into your yard it's probably to conduct some kind of Royal Rumble to determine the Alpha. Regardless of the outcome, your property (and kids) are forfeit to the Bigfoot Nation

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Gorson posted:

You just set up a camera to record your yard. They avoid those like the plague

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm struggling to wrap my head around the one who shot two people who were having an argument that didn't involve him. It looked "intense"? So I started blasting?!

They probably left out some context where the guy tried to first insert himself into it to break them up or something and then they started yelling at the guy instead so he felt threatened and killed them. Not that that would make it better or anything, but yeah.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Actually here, found it. Turns out the guy went to the coach's home to yell at him, which changes things a little bit imo, but still :psyduck:

https://nypost.com/2018/12/24/dads-confrontation-with-basketball-coach-ends-in-double-shooting/

quote:

The father, 47-year-old Christopher Hooks, went to the home of Paul Robeson HS coach Todd Myles Saturday night, according to police and league sources.

Hooks was angry over his son’s lack of playing time in a game a few days earlier and wanted to confront the 42-year-old coach, according to the sources.

The game took place on Tuesday, when Robeson lost to Westinghouse HS. Hooks’ wife was visibly enraged about her son’s lack of playing time, a league source said.

When Hooks went to argue with the coach at his home, a third man arrived on the scene and started shooting, police sources said. It’s not clear why.

"It's not clear why" lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Wait a sec, the coach made up the third person, he actually shot the guy himself lmao:

https://abc13.com/high-school-basketball-coach-shooting-paul-robeson-todd-myles-miles-christopher-hooks/5118049/

quote:

BROOKLYN, New York -- A Brooklyn high school basketball coach was charged with shooting the parent of one of his players.

Investigators said Christopher Hooks went to the home of Paul Robeson High School basketball coach Todd Myles to confront him about his son's playing time.

A short time later, police were called to Myles' home on December 22, 2018, where Myles told police that a third person shot them for an unknown reason and then fled the scene.

Hooks was hospitalized with a serious physical injury. He was intubated and could not speak to detectives for a month.

Myles originally claimed that a third person showed up and shot both of them, but Hooks told police a different story after recovering from his injuries.

Y'know if you lived here in Florida you could have just flat out said you shot the dude because you were stand your ground castle doctrining and the cops would have been like "okay sir have a nice day"

Well not in this case cuz the coach was black but still.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Jusupov posted:

You just set up a camera to record your yard. They avoid those like the plague

Feral hogs aren't ghosts or bigfoot.

You put a llama in the yard. Llamas will gently caress up a dog, wolf or coyote, they're not going to think twice about kicking hogs in the face.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Reminder that here in Florida, after the whole Trayvon Martin thing, our legislature passed a law to make sure such a tragedy never happens again:

quote:

Instead of placing the entire burden on the defendant, the law now requires a defendant to establish only a prima facie case of self-defense immunity. At that point, the burden shifts to the prosecution to demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that the defendant does not qualify for immunity.

Not only does this provision shift the burden of proof to the prosecution, it also raises the standard of proof from “preponderance of the evidence” to “clear and convincing evidence.”

Now a white man will never again have to waste his time having to prove that his shooting was justified :patriot:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
DeSantis also proposed a new law that would allow drivers to simply run over people https://www.kxlh.com/news/america-in-crisis/proposal-by-florida-governor-would-allow-citizens-to-shoot-run-over-suspected-rioters-in-state

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The one thing you can't do is punch a person who follows you home in the dark.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Lol. I'm not going to hate on the guy shooting at the DPD, no matter the reason.

Joey Steel has issued a correction as of 16:37 on Mar 5, 2021

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Big Foot, aways out to stomp out ma and pa's little feet :sigh:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Joey Steel posted:

Lol. I'm not going to hate on the guy shooting at the DPD, no matter the reason.

Look not every shooting can be bad.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
a bigfoot body suit is pre-made and would keep you so warm

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Orange Devil posted:

By the way, the reason those Parents Against Gun Violence text-images work is because of the clear, simple and active language they use. If newspapers wrote that way about officer-involved-shootings (el oh loving el) people would feel a whole lot different about them.

you should write these then lol

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Greg12 posted:

a bigfoot body suit is pre-made and would keep you so warm

idk man the feet are always too big

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SchnorkIes posted:

Are you saying their posts are written in "clear, simple and active language"? Because that's a nice compliment.

I like it when we're nice to each other :shobon:

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Jel Shaker posted:

billionaires are still human

I disagree with the premise of this argument.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Geshtal posted:

H. miliardarius

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

SchnorkIes posted:

"He was black and he was smoking something so I shot him 12 times in the back and planted some meth in his pocket"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Geshtal posted:

I would argue that they're human but not people. Like a corpse animated by a malevolent spirit is still human but not really a person.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

I would argue that they're human but not people. Like a corpse animated by a malevolent spirit is still human but not really a person.
If a billionaire divides before accruing sufficient ROI they risk becoming merely wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWOH9iJhZXo