Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Haha Boner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
There is some really terrible greenscreening happening. Distractingly bad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Inspector 34 posted:

Is anybody else having trouble actually playing the episode? My internet isn't terrible but I can only go about 3s before it stops and buffers.

It's always terrible for me until 1215

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

im really enjoying the metaphysics of the Visions.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Darkhold shoutout

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

The Green screen and cgi a tad bit distracting.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Heads up there are 2 mid-credits sequences this time

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Wow wow WOWWW

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Well drat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No more Wandavision

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

ixnay posted:

Heads up there are 2 mid-credits sequences this time

One at the normal time they’ve been happening, and one before the international credits.

so I guess the biggest unresolved thing is what happened to original Vision? I didn’t see him anywhere after the two figured things out.

Biggest tease was the Bohner thing, it had been speculated he was a normal citizen, surprised that’s what they went with.

No major cameos, other than the Fury Skrull representative. Guess that’s where we’ll see Monica in CM2.

The book being the Darkhold isn’t exactly a Shield tie in, as it does look different, but it’s something at least. Time to bring in Gabriel Luna for DS2.

I guess Wanda will eventually break reality in some way to get her sons back. Seems a decent plot hook to kick start things.

Teek fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 5, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't like a lot of that episode. I thought the scene in the house at the end was good, but the big fights were pretty ehhhhhhhh

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That...felt like a legendary whiff of a finale?

Obviously to some extent the show can't be held responsible for fan speculation getting out of hand, but imo they hosed up big by putting off as much as they did until the last episode. They set up enough interesting stuff for people to go "How could they possibly wrap it all up in the finale?" only for the answer to be "By rushing through or not pursuing all of that interesting stuff."

The moment I went "Oh no..." was when Wanda said "Kids, you take the military!" and the director shot at children only for Monica to take the bullets and reveal her powers. Just an insane amount of stuff poorly packed into...30 seconds, wrapped up with Monica going "Nice trick kid!" to a child who caught a bullet. Not taking a layup "the kids aren't real!" revelation for Wanda is stupefying. The red herring Quicksilver casting didn't help either.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

His name was Boner!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sup Skrull Lady and drat Wanda fully learning here potential from the Darkhold. I guess there's the hooks for Captain Marvel 2 and Dr Strange 2

Okay, yea that was probably the ending that the show needed and was going to get.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

i can see why they said that people who have speculated will be left disappointed. That felt very anticlimactic. i liked it though. 8/10

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
kids dead, white vision is in the wind, and wanda is doing her homework but out of the naughty book. And nick fury wants to speak with Monica about the Avengers initiative.

And Kathryn Hahn lives to ham it up another day.
All in all pretty ok episode.

Hoping we get more Ralph Boner in phase 4 or even 5

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 5, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
"Given the chance, I'd also enslave people for personal gain." - A Black Woman

loving yikes.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Zesty posted:

loving yikes.

That's not what she said though?
Like don't even, all she said was I'd bring my mom back

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
She was endorsing her choices specifically after discussing how the people she enslaved would resent her.

It was extraordinarily clunky.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
It won't even play for me. I get a screen telling me something went wrong.

Everything else works except this episode.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Boner is an incredibly fake name.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Zesty posted:

She was endorsing her choices specifically after discussing how the people she enslaved would resent her.

It was extraordinarily clunky.

I wouldn't say endorsing, it was I don't hate you, I understand. Understanding and endorsing are kinda seperate

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That did not stick the landing

And woof Monica sacrifice for them yikes that's a jaundiced reading of what Wanda did

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 5, 2021

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

That did not stick the landing

And woof Monica sacrifice for them yikes that's a jaundiced reading of what Wanda did

This I absolutely agree with. Not the best read of the situation there. Okay yeah it does read kind of as an endorsement, my bad.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Now 2 weeks until FaTWS. I liked this show though. Pretty good standard Marvel finale. I'm fine with that.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

xbilkis posted:

That...felt like a legendary whiff of a finale?

Obviously to some extent the show can't be held responsible for fan speculation getting out of hand, but imo they hosed up big by putting off as much as they did until the last episode. They set up enough interesting stuff for people to go "How could they possibly wrap it all up in the finale?" only for the answer to be "By rushing through or not pursuing all of that interesting stuff."

The moment I went "Oh no..." was when Wanda said "Kids, you take the military!" and the director shot at children only for Monica to take the bullets and reveal her powers. Just an insane amount of stuff poorly packed into...30 seconds, wrapped up with Monica going "Nice trick kid!" to a child who caught a bullet. Not taking a layup "the kids aren't real!" revelation for Wanda is stupefying. The red herring Quicksilver casting didn't help either.

They already had revealed they weren’t real. When they started melting...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hahahaha the loud and dumb parts of the internet are going to hate the finale.

- No Strange
- No Nightmare
- No Magneto or Xavier
- Pietro is no one (Boner lmao)
- Visions didn’t fuse
- No multiverse stuff whatsoever
- Heyward is just a dumb rear end in a top hat

I kinda wish the Vision stuff had gotten more of a resolution instead of leaving it open and the cg witch fight was a little underwhelming, but :shrug:

The show was still good overall and I can’t wait to see how the internet walks back all the praise it’s been giving for the last two months as people fall over themselves to declare “actually it was pretty bad” first.

Zesty posted:

loving yikes.

Speak of the devil, we’re off right out of the gate with a complete misunderstanding of what a character actually said.

”If I had your powers I’d bring back my mom” is in no way equivalent to what you’re suggesting. Monica said precisely zero about anything other than bringing her dead mother back.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Legends is up for people that don't have time to watch the movies and need to catch up before Falcon and winter solider.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Wanda's magic hands in the final post credit scene are really twitchy and creepy. Was it just me?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I thought most of the "Wanda has to be held accountable!" discussion leading up to the finale was stupid, but the finale did not do any favors in terms of clearing up the morality here. You have a town full of people who are acutely aware of the nightmare she's been making them live, Wanda struggling to come to grips with the severity of what she's done, and then...uhhh let's rush in Super Evil Child Shooting Military Man and Witch Who Is Suddenly Definitively Very Evil For Unclear Reasons, then we'll do a family sacrifice and a good character saying "I understand what you did :)" so Wanda can fly away in peace to short her poo poo out.

Just super messy all around

PASS THE MASH posted:

They already had revealed they weren’t real. When they started melting...

Yeah, but I feel like not giving it space to breathe as a huge payoff was a big missed opportunity. It just happened and then they rushed past it. Even the goodbyes felt super rushed. Let Wanda realize the extent to which everything is fake in episode 8 or something so you can have that be the centerpiece of an episode, then her sacrifice feels weightier in this episode

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i won't lie, the quicksilver thing was originally the big hook for me. i wish they had left him unexplained after she blasted him or something so they could make up some reason why he was really the fox universe version of him later and bring him back. i mean, i guess they could still technically do that, but it was exactly what i feared when i first came into the thread. a one-off gag/stunt cast. so frankly i wish they hadn't done it, because then i probably would have just watched the show and not seen any speculation and just been like 'that was fine' after the end.

like, i dunno, as a whole it was enjoyable to see bettany and olson do their thing and kathryn hahn ham it up. but none of the actual narrative specifically did anything for me. i didn't really care about monica at all it's not like i'm thrilled to see more of her later on. i think the biggest hope i have for this having an effect later on is that vision will eventually come back because white vision basically just disappeared after he got his memories back. it's a bit odd that he just vanished. like if he turned back into vision, why would he just gently caress off?

anyway it was about what i expected out of the ending after the people involved essentially told everyone not to get their hopes up. it was fine, nothing more nothing less.

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
I really thought vision would appear in the post credits scene. He was half of the entire show, and he just said 'I am Vision' and peaced out. Instead we got Wanda doing Dr Strange things but with a necronomicon

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

That was awful.

Big CGI red vs purple sky fights, Quicksilver was a haha got you idiots, and there wasn't a single good payoff or surprise. They hinted at the people in the town empathising with Wanda "we hear your nightmares" and "your grief is consuming us", but didn't do anything with it so Wanda is bad but also unpunished. Hayward literally twiddled his moustache and shot at two kids for no reason. I feel like there needed to be another 20 minutes after the credits to handle all the fallout but there isn't going to be anything that addresses this for like a year

They also killed their gays but I am hoping they bring them back with evil darkhold magic or whatever. The cynical part of me feels they are workshopping whether they're okay with two characters so intrinsically linked to their sexuality that they can't Disney-wash them

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
OK.

Cool series.

Can we have X-Men now?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

MoaM posted:

OK.

Cool series.

Can we have X-Men now?

Not until Hugh Jackman is dead

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Speak of the devil, we’re off right out of the gate with a complete misunderstanding of what a character actually said.

”If I had your powers I’d bring back my mom” is in no way equivalent to what you’re suggesting. Monica said precisely zero about anything other than bringing her dead mother back.

It's hard to decouple the resurrection part with the whole forced sitcom part since they are intertwined.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Bedshaped posted:

Not until Hugh Jackman is dead

Dammit...

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007
So much missed opportunity. But admittedly we're all so craved for something new in this pandemic, we were projecting a lot onto this show.

Wanda really just peaced out and left the town to deal with what she did. "They won't know what you sacrificed." Ummm...people were horrified for weeks and couldn't hold their own children.

Also, I was so disappointed in how they handled Vision. When he left the hex originally he asked for SWORD to save the townspeople while he was literally dying. But now he seemed cool with it as long as Wanda stopped it eventually. I was at least hoping White Vision would meet her and tell her he loves her but that he cant be with her after her actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

mind the walrus posted:

You're gonna be super sad.

You were right