Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Not sure this is a great slogan

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1367752434819489794?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean yeah you can do that with the addendum "because I am the biggest political brain so I know what is best for everyone and I'm actually helping them because the stupid lefty rabble couldn't win an election or run a country if they did" which I guess is less comically evil than the rubbing your hands together "haha I shall exploit the labour of campaigners to get rich" option, but has an identical outcome.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I get the impression that this is just a one off ruling and not a statute, but it'd be nice if some kind of press standards body decided to use the ruling to justify why this should always be the case.

Have they been told how to word it at all? I can imagine something along the lines of "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE FORCE MAIL APOLOGY" if they're given any leeway.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

"Until the day before", he says.

This one could hit them harder, though. Their readership would have been big fans of Hitler when the Mail supported him, but they are big fans of the Royals and this time the Mail are against them.

Why on earth do you think Daily Mail royalists like Meghan Markle?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

happyhippy posted:

I clapped for the NHS, now they want more?!?
1 clap = 1 respect 👏👏👏

Ain't no party like a lowtax party (and thank god)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Tory party: losing the lowtax, keeping the domestic violence

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Why on earth do you think Daily Mail royalists like Meghan Markle?

Oh, she's the Duchess of Sussex? Then I don't know why Guava even thought that the Mail would need to slither out of it.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Brand new pod is out, by UKMT for UKMT. I started losing my mind over this week's main topic so please enjoy.

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1367851849202667522?s=19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They won't slither out of it, they'll print their one page and then go back to doing exactly what they were doing before.

Just like when they officially supported Hitler until the day before the war and then were legally obliged to stop for a few years.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
We are through the clapping looking glass. Politics in Britain is now a war of themed claps.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1367845628324249604?s=20

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fudge and pod in one day? Also my housemate just said he'll be back on Sunday, and I'm not gonna lie, solitude is only so relaxing when you literally can't meet up with anyone, so it's a good day all round.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Johnson seems to be doing a thing where every single day they poke the EU in the eye with something new and then go "does that offend you yeah?" :smugdog: . Unclear whether EU will ultimately be the virgin or chad in this dialectic

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1367856752134397955?s=19

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

peanut- posted:

We are through the clapping looking glass. Politics in Britain is now a war of themed claps.

Unison is so bad and still one of the better unions we have lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

Clapping at less than 30Hz will soon be grounds for getting your passport rescinded

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Johnson seems to be doing a thing where every single day they poke the EU in the eye with something new and then go "does that offend you yeah?" :smugdog: . Unclear whether EU will ultimately be the virgin or chad in this dialectic

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1367856752134397955?s=19
You just know that this is the Whitehall machine reacting to that loyalist ultimatum.

Ulster is still British soil! (10kg bag maximum)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

peanut- posted:

This way, Kieths army of numberologists will be able to calculate the exact clap rate that seperates genuine applause from slow claps and finally work out whether people are being mean to him or not.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress the Green Party

https://twitter.com/Chican3ry/status/1367841790615764993

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1367865602061303810

Looking forwards to May.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
At least Jess Phillips vs Boris PMQs will be funny I suppose

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

mfcrocker posted:

gently caress the Green Party

Has that passed? I'm not going to criticize the Greens for allowing members to put motions up for debate at Conference.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bab and Boz

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
starmer was on tv today and it is obvious someone has told him that he needs to smile when he's talking

but like gordon brown he is not someone who is accustomed to smiling so it's just a psychopathic rictus

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

peanut- posted:

At least Jess Phillips vs Boris PMQs will be funny I suppose

How long before they start bonking.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Who the gently caress is Shahrar Ali anyway and why are they so concerned about what gender children have when they claim we're in the middle of a climate emergency more important than anything else?

e: ^^ About 8 months ago.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

crispix posted:

starmer was on tv today and it is obvious someone has told him that he needs to smile when he's talking

but like gordon brown he is not someone who is accustomed to smiling so it's just a psychopathic rictus

The Starmy Relaunches

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Oh dear me posted:

Has that passed? I'm not going to criticize the Greens for allowing members to put motions up for debate at Conference.

No, but Ali is pretty high up in the party and I’ll always call out this poo poo wherever it is (gently caress all the major parties for not stamping this poo poo out or outright letting their MPs push it)

Like the dude is basically their version of a shadow home sec, he’s not some nobody

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

peanut- posted:

The fuzz will be out with metronomes to determine whether clapping is at an acceptable speed to count as legitimate patriotic activity, otherwise it'll be cuffs time

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Z the IVth posted:

How long before they start bonking.

She's far too old, far too common, and far too not-looking-like-she's-related-to-him for that to happen.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

goddamnedtwisto posted:

She's far too old, far too common, and far too not-looking-like-she's-related-to-him for that to happen.

That seems unlikely, the sheer psychic pressure Boris must feel towards going and loving himself must be tremendous.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i've never been able to forget that clarissa dickson-wright said she had it off with an MP in the house of commons when she was an alcie

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
UKMT: this isn't a low tax party

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

mfcrocker posted:

Like the dude is basically their version of a shadow home sec, he’s not some nobody

But he came last in the leadership election, and the Greens then made a GenderGP Advisor head of their women's section. There's clearly a tussle going on, but so far it looks like he's losing.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

i've never been able to forget that clarissa dickson-wright said she had it off with an MP in the house of commons when she was an alcie

I think the Palace of Westminster has more loving going on in it than any workplace in the country apart from (there's a couple of ways to finish this joke but they're all too depressing)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Apraxin posted:

(Also all the replies saying nurses have nothing to complain about, because thanks to Covid they all have job security now :psyduck:.)

We need a :psypop: but with covid viruses instead of blood

e:

Ewan posted:

UKMT: this isn't a low tax party

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Something's gone down in Treorchy, Wales. The news are saying a number of casualties but otherwise are not saying much. Twitter is saying a knife attack.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Matt Hancock pisses me off. He’s on telly waffling like a year 8 trying to give a presentation about Roman medical practices and it just hits me so hard that these people aren’t even competently evil. If he’d not become an MP or been born as who he is he’d not make it past middle management at a small car dealership. I know I’m preaching to the choir but Jesus Christ

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

I’ve been trying to help a fair few people who have been being advised by GenderGP. There’s a fair few issues involved as both of the Dr’s who run it are currently not able to practice in the UK and have set up a Spanish clinic to avoid that they are not allowed to practice in the UK.

The problems around writing scripts that patients can’t cash, and not checking on hormone levels through blood tests are just some of the crap I’ve had to deal with in the last few months from them.

Two of my mental health patients who are doing DIY transitioning had been informed to not tell me of this as well by GenderGP. Or so they have told me.

Complete clusterfuck so far.

The NHS service for GIDS needs a lot more professionals and money, but I don’t see GenderGP as a good alternative route.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Who do the melts replace Starmer with when he fails to make progress in the May elections? Jess Phillips is completely awful so is obviously the frontrunner, or Lisa Nandy? Rachel Reeves?

Looking at the shadow cabinet it just seems utterly bereft of any personality, with the notable exception of Emily Thornbury.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jakabite posted:

Matt Hancock pisses me off. He’s on telly waffling like a year 8 trying to give a presentation about Roman medical practices and it just hits me so hard that these people aren’t even competently evil. If he’d not become an MP or been born as who he is he’d not make it past middle management at a small car dealership. I know I’m preaching to the choir but Jesus Christ

If our society remembers anything from this crisis, I want it to be that Matt Hancock of the business party watched Contagion, thought "oh wow maybe i should buy extra medicine", and this gave us a best-in-europe vaccination program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yvette Cooper and Ed Miliband are apparently angling for the shadow chancellor job but are unlikely to get it, tbh

But there is not a clear successor by any means, made all the messier by the fact there is no "Starmerite" faction - if and when the PLP decides he needs to go (which I don't think will happen before 2024) it will happen very quickly and be a total melee.