Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They already announced the mutants movie 2 years ago. This news is just that development has started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
this is the movie not the tv thread lol

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 5, 2021

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Soonmot posted:

There are TWO post credit scens. One after the tv screen and the second after the english scrolling credits.

edit: thoughts on finale

Kind of low key ending, Vision and the kids are hexed away, we find out Pietro was Ralph but enchanted, everyone in town hates Wanda for what they did to her.

There were also a few cuts that really took me out of the viewing experience, I guess to keep things from being too violent? The biggest was when the car slammed into Agatha, you don't see the hit. Just the car starting to move and then the car smashing into the house, I don't think it was to set up the wizard of oz joke, either. There was another where the Visions crater into the ground, but it goes from them flying at the ground to them emerging from the crater, I think there was a third too, but I'm not sure.

It wasn't a very satisfying wrap up, I didn't hate it though. Very surprised there was no Dr Strange cameo.

Wrong thread, I think? Just so everyone knows, these spoilers relate to the season finale of Wandavision.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
yep wrong thread lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Aphrodite posted:

They already announced the mutants movie 2 years ago. This news is just that development has started.
I don’t think that is correct

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They specifically have not announced any X-Men movies previously. Only fantastic four.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

They specifically have not announced any X-Men movies previously. Only fantastic four.

Feige name dropped F4 and mutants right before actually announcing Blade but I don’t think they’ve said anything more about either property since?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
FF was the last thing announced at the Disney summit thing

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Yeah, they showed a logo for Fantastic Four and announced that John Watts is attached to it. I don't think we heard anything about X-Men before now.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
it would be better not to have fantastic four because there's no such thing as a good fantastic four movie

x-men is similar but they've had one or two, and the world has had enough wolverine

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think the Tim Story FF films get a bad rap. They're not great by any means, but Evans and Chiklis are good casting, Kerry Washington was a cool choice for Alicia and the overall tone is around what you want for the FF. McMahon would probably even have been a good Doom except they were stuck in that mode where superpowers were OK, but 'guy in robot suit' was considered 'too wacky'.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quotey posted:

it would be better not to have fantastic four because there's no such thing as a good fantastic four movie

And the history of Captain America movies was so good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

I think the Tim Story FF films get a bad rap. They're not great by any means, but Evans and Chiklis are good casting, Kerry Washington was a cool choice for Alicia and the overall tone is around what you want for the FF. McMahon would probably even have been a good Doom except they were stuck in that mode where superpowers were OK, but 'guy in robot suit' was considered 'too wacky'.

Yeah, I don't think they're good films but they're kind of proto MCU films in tone. They just needed better execution and a more comic friendly time period.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Surfer thing still bugs me though. Fishburne OR Jones would each be great, but why you gotta gently caress my boy Doug over and dub him?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

The Surfer thing still bugs me though. Fishburne OR Jones would each be great, but why you gotta gently caress my boy Doug over and dub him?

The same thing happened with the first Hellboy movie where they dubbed over him with David Hyde Pierce.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

The same thing happened with the first Hellboy movie where they dubbed over him with David Hyde Pierce.

I believe that happened without Hyde-Pierce being aware Jones hadn't agreed to it, and it's why he refused to come back for the second one, and Jones did the voice in that and the animated spin-offs.

It's just baffling to me, given how good Jones is, but he got pigeonholed as a guy who's good at moving in wacky prosthetics without people realising that that's because he's just a great performer period.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

DHP killed it as Abe, though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought what happened was DHP felt that the preformance was more Jones's and that's why he's not credited in Hellboy as Abe.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Thor: Love and Thunder, mostly Natalie Portman stuff:

Set photos with nothing really interesting happening, but woooooaah.
https://twitter.com/lovethundernews/status/1368294584447537166
:eyepop:

edit: for some reason the spoiler tag is making the tweet not being embedded, but posted as a link. Is that suppose to happen? Can't remember.I can remove the tag if you are all ok with it. Edit: Removed the tag so you all can bask at Portman's glorious arms that I wish would crush my skull.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 7, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dunno what you're talking about, buff Jane is something interesting

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Jacked Foster

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
My queen

https://twitter.com/lovethundernews/status/1367712462544453633?s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

No, Tessa, that was what you wore in the OTHER comic book movie you and Hemsworth did.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

What'cha gonna do when Portmania runs wild on you?!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gaz-L posted:

No, Tessa, that was what you wore in the OTHER comic book movie you and Hemsworth did.

Yeah Tessa really pulls off a suit I'm glad they noticed

Gavok posted:

What'cha gonna do when Portmania runs wild on you?!

can't share in public

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo jacked Portman and suit Thompson, drat. I wonder if they'll do the thing from the comic where no one knows its Jane at first, but it will be Portman playing her. That's kinda funny, but seeing this tiny lady kick everyones rear end would be pretty awesome.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:swoon: There's gonna be a lot to love about this movie.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

Holy poo poo jacked Portman and suit Thompson, drat. I wonder if they'll do the thing from the comic where no one knows its Jane at first, but it will be Portman playing her. That's kinda funny, but seeing this tiny lady kick everyones rear end would be pretty awesome.

Hemsworth delivering the "all I know is she's a good kisser and she's not my mother" line would be fun.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

Hemsworth delivering the "all I know is she's a good kisser and she's not my mother" line would be fun.

Oh that line has to be in there.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Jane Thor in the comics was unbelievably jacked and I really did not expect it from the movies because, y'know, Natalie Portman is loving tiny. But here we are.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Steve goes to put the aether back, she beats the poo poo out of him and takes mjolner

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bruceski posted:

It absolutely has to go like this tho (up to including squirrel girl in the movie imo)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Steve goes to put the aether back, she beats the poo poo out of him and takes mjolner

She beats the poo poo out of Steve and shoves him in a random time portal which coincidentally causes him to end up on Peggy's doorstep.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So Natalie will not need a magic hammer but instead will use massive guns. Good to know.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
"Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" [judo flips him]

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

"Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" [judo flips him]

Not going to lie, if RotS featured Padme getting swole and throwing Anakin into a volcano it would be my favorite Star Wars movie by a significant degree.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

bless this movie

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Now all we need is Cat-Thor, the Odinson who is a cat, and his tiny hammer Mewnir, and this will literally be the best movie ever made.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Now all we need is Cat-Thor, the Odinson who is a cat, and his tiny hammer Mewnir, and this will literally be the best movie ever made.
Loki shows up, refuses to explain why he's alive because "spoilers" even if the show has aired, spends the entire movie shapeshifted as Cat-Thor, and refuses to explain that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

No Frog Thor, almost perfect.