Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Baller Ina posted:

:sicko:

(sorry dude)

thx, the good news is they and everyone else in the building are currently getting vaccinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
America deserved 1/6

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

America deserved 1/6

:d2a:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

America deserved 1/6

the only problem with 1/6 was it wasn't the left successfully doing it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dolphin posted:

Trump tweeting every day was actually one of the best things to happen to the presidency. The president literally posting transparently every single day. We knew his deranged opinions on everything, as they happened. I can't think of a single opinion Biden has right now, he's in his little white box sealed off from the world and someone is currently writing his next statement.

lol all Biden does is stare blankly and flub his lines.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Having that vote was 100% a net negative lol

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

How so?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I think the reasoning for forcing votes like that is that dems who vote against it can be primaried but lol at that idea if you've been paying attention to how left-wingers do in dem primaries

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was a net negative because now we know that the democrats suck rear end whereas before we just sort of had a vague clue

THS
Sep 15, 2017

gandlethorpe posted:

America deserved 1/6

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DoomTrainPhD posted:

It's not a huge shock. It's just the 3rd economic collapse for Millennial's in their working adult lifetimes. :v:

isn't capitalism awesome?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

loquacius posted:

is this real because LOL :ironicat:

yea

https://twitter.com/thereidout/status/1367675999538851841

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it forced a bunch of shitlibs to out themselves and it will make their online stans extremely mad as they have to twist themselves into knots defending their actions

the vote was cool and good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the center has already decided that the $15 minimum wage was entirely Bernie's project, Bernie's responsibility, and any failure to produce it would be 100% Bernie's fault

From the day Kamala first decided not to contradict the parliamentarian that was their line. Joe Manchin is still exempt from their criticism no matter how many Neeras he torpedoes (they blame Bernie for that too, it's cool, we're cool). Our government is sociopathic and we are doomed. Happy Friday everybody.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

America deserved 1/6

Nah we deserved 100%

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im glad neera ate poo poo even though she will always be fine, always have tons of money, and will always be comfortable and daydrunk

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Because it gives Biden cover to not overrule the parliamentarian. The ONLY way the 15 dollar wage was going to pass is if they had to vote for it or kill the entire bill.

Flavius Aetass posted:

I think the reasoning for forcing votes like that is that dems who vote against it can be primaried but lol at that idea if you've been paying attention to how left-wingers do in dem primaries

Coons is utter scum and just got like 65% in a D primary. None of them are worried about this vote hurting them one bit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

THS posted:

im glad neera ate poo poo even though she will always be fine, always have tons of money, and will always be comfortable and daydrunk

take solace in the fact that she will never be truly happy

no poster can be truly happy

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

Because it gives Biden cover to not overrule the parliamentarian. The ONLY way the 15 dollar wage was going to pass is if they had to vote for it or kill the entire bill.
Biden wasn't going to do that you dumbass

Also Bernie could still just spike the bill, which he should

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
making a bourgeois parliament just poo poo all over extremely popular and necessary poo poo is good as long as you use that to undermine the legitimacy of the bourgeois state

it's that second part that's the problem here tho

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you mcmagically always have the dumbest opinions in the room

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

loquacius posted:

take solace in the fact that she will never be truly happy

no poster can be truly happy

A virtuous and disciplined poster attains serenity.

Neera will never attain serenity.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

mcmagic posted:

"cover" lol like biden was worried about the fallout of accepting the parliamentarian's postion

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dolphin posted:

Biden wasn't going to do that you dumbass

Also Bernie could still just spike the bill, which he should

Agreed. Bernie and the progressives in the house should refuse to vote for it.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mcmagic posted:

hey at least we now have a test case on seeing how forcing the vote plays out

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

it would be hilarious and good if bernie spikes the bill but we all know he wouldnt do that to his friend joe

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

hey at least we now have a test case on seeing how forcing the vote plays out

again, centrists have had their blame-game story straight since before we started so they're not radicalizing, and normies as usual don't give a poo poo either way

it's useful as a test case I guess but I am not hopeful

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bernie has ultimate cosmic power right now, unfortunate that he won't do poo poo

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

again, centrists have had their blame-game story straight since before we started so they're not radicalizing, and normies as usual don't give a poo poo either way

it's useful as a test case I guess but I am not hopeful

me neither and i think the whole FTV/M4A thing was a tempest in a teapot

if this doesn't have much/any impact, i don't see why an M4A vote would have

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

its so frustrating that none of these ghouls voting against the $15 min wage will face any backlash for it. Here they are, blatantly as possible flashing a "we don't care for you, gently caress you" sign with this vote, and still they will have thousands and thousands of libs willing to prostrate themselves for these assholes and defend their abhorrent behavior

this poo poo has to collapse into itself at some point, right?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its so cool how any sitting dem can just say "hey, we should make this bill shittier for no reason" and the party is immediately like "yeah absolutely, no problem"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

its so frustrating that none of these ghouls voting against the $15 min wage will face any backlash for it. Here they are, blatantly as possible flashing a "we don't care for you, gently caress you" sign with this vote, and still they will have thousands and thousands of libs willing to prostrate themselves for these assholes and defend their abhorrent behavior

Lol

There's always more and it will always get worse. There are trillions of dollars in the military, the media, and business invested in making sure "nothing will fundamentally change" and both parties captured fully in ensuring this so. Any change has to come from a legitimate external threat to the supremacy of this system.

President Xi, godspeed

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Republicans should run an R as a D in one of their safe states and use that to control the p-

Wait

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Shipon posted:

Lol

There's always more and it will always get worse. There are trillions of dollars in the military, the media, and business invested in making sure "nothing will fundamentally change" and both parties captured fully in ensuring this so. Any change has to come from a legitimate external threat to the supremacy of this system.

President Xi, godspeed

i know. Pretty much our only hope at this point is aliens or some stupid poo poo like that

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mcmagic posted:

the vote was funny and thats what matters

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

it can probably get slowly worse for longer than you think, until we go to war with china and lose

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

lol for the dems maybe

Delaware coulda had Jess Scarane

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

pains me to think i used to proudly refer to myself as a dem lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

$15 min wage in florida passed with 60.82% of the vote, outperforming biden by THIRTEEN POINTS

lmao joker nation baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

very glad i didn't let my lib friends' paragraphs of guilting sucker me into voting for joe biden lol