Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh no thread opinion is turning on VG faster than the next Ubi openworld game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The chaos eaters scared me :( they are very close to the kinds of enemies that terrify me the most (facehuggers/headcrabs/slugs) and the noise they made creeped me to bits, so I am sorry. My own fears got the better of me.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I did the bed of chaos second try after missing the jump first try. I never encountered any of the bullshit everyone else has, so I was wondering why people complained so much. On my second run through I realised.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/378139/After_an_uneven_7_months_Marvels_Avengers_is_making_its_XP_grind_even_grindier.php

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

The combat in FF X feels really good. I think my main problem with jrpgs has been feeling the combat is slow but maybe I just haven't played a modern one with faster combat. Also helps I can grind a bit with the 4x speed option

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

VideoGames posted:

The chaos eaters scared me :( they are very close to the kinds of enemies that terrify me the most (facehuggers/headcrabs/slugs) and the noise they made creeped me to bits, so I am sorry. My own fears got the better of me.
Facehuggers I get, but slugs? They don't even have teeth. Or claws. Or anything, really.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

Facehuggers I get, but slugs? They don't even have teeth. Or claws. Or anything, really.

I have a real life phobia of slugs due to falling into a nest of them as a kid and them getting all over my face. I am terrified of them.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
they are really gross, to be fair

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

VideoGames posted:

I have a real life phobia of slugs due to falling into a nest of them as a kid and them getting all over my face. I am terrified of them.
This reads like a Batman rogue origin story. "He fell into a nest of slugs and the experience changed him forever. He became... Sluggor! Bane of salad!"

But really, I didn't realize that slugs built nests. How strange.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I was fascinated by snails as a kid, I used to catch them in jars (I'd let them go the next day). But slugs were ungodly, shell-less abominations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I found a really beautiful leopard slug in my front yard last summer, made some really good photos of it for the Critterquest thread, too. They have a fascinating skin texture. You'd think they're all smooth just from looking at them, but they actually have this really criss-cross pattern.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bovis posted:

The combat in FF X feels really good. I think my main problem with jrpgs has been feeling the combat is slow but maybe I just haven't played a modern one with faster combat. Also helps I can grind a bit with the 4x speed option
imo the games where combat feels most conspicuously Slow, are the ones that overly emphasize trash encounters. ones that pump up enemy hp to make you use your complete toolset, but no one wants to go ham on a slime. ffx hits a good balance imo because it gives you room to make smart moves but most random encounters aren't going to last longer than a round

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Does that extend to sea slugs as well? Sea slugs are pretty cool and it'd be a shame if they terrify you as well.

Also isn't this kinda what happened to that kid in the x-files movie

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey games chat. Because I think there are some people in here that care about me I thought I'd share this Twitter thread I made
https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1367993839949144064?s=20

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I see a bit of me in those tweets. Good to hear you're beginning to feel better.

I should probably try weed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

FFX has the quirk where to maximize xp you want to bring in dudes from the reserve and use them instead of the people who are actually in the party, but it was easy to do and it's nice to see everyone. And the fact that some enemies were best to hit with Auron and some were best to hit with Wakka gave you something to pay attention to. It all felt a little artificial, but worth it imo.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

axelblaze posted:

Hey games chat. Because I think there are some people in here that care about me I thought I'd share this Twitter thread I made
https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1367993839949144064?s=20

Glad you're doing better! As someone everyone actually hates, trust me, it takes a lot of work

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

Cheetah, I beat Lost Izalith this evening, I also am on my way to Gravelord Nito.

I would take Lost Izalith a 100 times over the annoyance of the respawning skellybones and darkness of the Catacombs/Tomb of the Giants.

Also, had a ton of fun :D

So did u see the bad guys that are just the rear half of a dragon?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

In all seriousness, though, don't start thinking that self-medicating with illegal drugs will solve your problems for you. It's a crutch that only ever ends up making your life worse in the long run.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
No I did this badly but I had to do it for myself. I'm not telling you this because I'm saying this is the cure, I'm saying I found what works for me.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
After following a guide on the steam community page, I finally got Lost Planet 2 functioning again. Apparently Games for Windows Live's zombified corpse still holds the game together.

Also it feels really weird to come back to this game after Monster Hunter World; there's a lot of DNA shared between the two franchises.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I cannot bring myself to like a zone filled with nothing but extreme bloom lava, dragon butts, and bed of chaos

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Everyone’s like «DS1 is the best game in the trilogy» and I’m like, did they stop playing after finishing Anor Londo?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ymgve posted:

Everyone’s like «DS1 is the best game in the trilogy» and I’m like, did they stop playing after finishing Anor Londo?

it's still the best despite that

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
DS1 has the highest highs but not the lowest lows so it’s best by default. DS2 has the lowest lows and some slight highs and DS3 is safe to a fault but the combat and bosses are good which carries it

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The areas post Anor Londo are not nearly as bad as people are making them out to be and I always kind of wonder if people just played a different game than I did, because I do not really get the complaints.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Well, the world design gets a lot less interconnected in general, which isn't great. But the only part I actively dislike is Lost Izalith.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's a shame that those places seemed so unfinished, possibly because of the various cuts and revisions made to dark souls, idk.

Also interesting that bed of chaos was their 2nd attempt at doing that kind of thing since it was just a repeat of the final boss of King's Field 1 (idk if King's Field 4, Shadow Tower, Shadow Tower Abyss, or any other From game between KF1 and Dark Souls had a Bed of Chaos fight)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Maple Story?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

*taps mic* weed is good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weedle posted:

*taps mic* weed is good

eh

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

axelblaze posted:

Hey games chat.

Hey Axel, this you?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Weed gives me no poo poo migraines which takes all the fun out of it. I also haven't touched the poo poo in over a decade.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My neighbor smokes a bunch of weed and it causes our downstairs to loving stink >:[

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Weed makes me disoriented and I get very stressed when I don’t know what’s going on. Very unpleasant.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hatty posted:

Weed makes me disoriented and I get very stressed when I don’t know what’s going on. Very unpleasant.

Is that what happens with so-called "mids"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

bovis posted:

If you want to fight the ultimate boss, aside from the specific grinding you'll need to do to get certain items to unlock weapon abilities and just leveling up grinding in general, you will also have to kill five of every enemy in the game which means that emulating the PS2 version to have access to frame limit removal is the ONLY way to play the game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A weaker gamefood connection compared to previous ones but I ended up down this road when I was inspired to try making gumbo but didn't want to make a roux lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRRSDA8TAT4

Based on this recipe, with sliced pork instead of chicken and with homemade shrimp-shell/chicken bone broth (will use the rest of that for ramen later this week)
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/03/creole-style-red-jambalaya-chicken-sausage-shrimp-recipe.html

First time working with fresh shrimp and it's been a long while since I've eaten shrimp at all, that was real good. The "holy trinity" is a good base, I hadn't tried celery before in cooking and mainly had eaten it from those veggie dip platters. The bell pepper I had was orange and not green but I think it looks all right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Maple Story?

Yes! It has the only snails that I like.