Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I don't understand something about the minimum wage amendment - wasn't it DOA since the parliamentarian said no a week or so ago? And to overrule her, there needed to be some kind of rule change that Manchin, Sinema, and Biden all said they're not going to change?

So why bring this amendment up? Aren't most of the Democrats who voted against the $15 amendment not necessarily against the increase but were instead just saying, "it's not passing to let's move along"?

force the vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

voted howie still feel good

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Fun fact: When the mods changed NoJoe to Joe I bought my NoJoe back and they changed it back to Joe within an hour. I’m pretty sure it was GJB that did that.

I had joe removed from my gang tags because i'm so violently nauseated by those gross loving mods forcing me to look at a rapists name all the time.

Very satisfied with my Howie vote rn.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I don't understand something about the minimum wage amendment - wasn't it DOA since the parliamentarian said no a week or so ago? And to overrule her, there needed to be some kind of rule change that Manchin, Sinema, and Biden all said they're not going to change?

So why bring this amendment up? Aren't most of the Democrats who voted against the $15 amendment not necessarily against the increase but were instead just saying, "it's not passing to let's move along"?

yes, it was purely performative

that’s why it’s so infuriating 8 dems voted against it, it needed 60 to go forward and that was never going to happen. by voting against it these senators signaled they weren’t even willing to “go on the record” with supporting a $15 minimum wage

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Howie's Homies reportin in

we all know what the JOE tag means, i will not back down and get rid of it. would be sick to have the joetse though

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

howard hawkins is a piece of poo poo

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

this should happen in real life

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
wow the Dems have even lost axeil

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

commence the succ

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1368012425023299589

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

voted howie still feel good

:same:

I feel better than ever not to have sullied myself with a vote for Joe Biden

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Majorian plz inform uspol that cspam and the nojoes were right all alongand we await their apology

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

yes, it was purely performative

that’s why it’s so infuriating 8 dems voted against it, it needed 60 to go forward and that was never going to happen. by voting against it these senators signaled they weren’t even willing to “go on the record” with supporting a $15 minimum wage

I should really source my quotes. :allears:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/1368005548520706049

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Manchin is good because every day, he exposes how feckless the dems are and it's hilarious

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

joe biden has already lifted hundreds of thousands out of poverty. up, up, up they go to that great means test in the sky

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

replying here is cathartic because you’re not going to eat a probation or ban or w/e

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1368003933709467648?s=20

anyone want to speculate why this video is in slowmo?

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Please don't. It's my favorite part of the thread

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://mobile.twitter.com/BregmanPs/status/1368006928383815680

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The median net worth of congress folks is ~1 million, which is pretty much precisely around where people are making good but not significant household incomes (e.g., 150-200k/yr household) for a few decades will end up.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bideo James posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1368003933709467648?s=20

anyone want to speculate why this video is in slowmo?

Lol why is Joe wearing the disposable blue mask like he’s some old gently caress in Safeway that had to get a free one at the front door

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A handful of Democrats didn’t want to break Parliamentary rules today. They aren’t a hive mind, no matter how many times folks scream otherwise.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

under that mask lies the worlds most confused man

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

stop asking majorian to be your uspol proxy

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shipon posted:

the only problem with 1/6 was it wasn't the left successfully doing it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Yeah, there's no point in engaging in UsPol other than to dunk on libs and eat a sixer

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Oh Snapple! posted:

he is a daywalker

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Someone needs to remind them that they suck and are losers and I'm not going in there

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lol why is Joe wearing the disposable blue mask like he’s some old gently caress in Safeway that had to get a free one at the front door

man of the people, rode the train to work every day you know

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i dont think were talking enough about that weird schoolgirl uniform sinema is wearing

does the senate like not have an actual dress code or something why does everyone else just wear normal suits

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Some Guy TT posted:

i dont think were talking enough about that weird schoolgirl uniform sinema is wearing

does the senate like not have an actual dress code or something why does everyone else just wear normal suits

She dresses like alice from the magicians, it's fine , dress codes are stupid

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

boomer sensibilities are that if you don't wear a suit to work you're signaling that you don't take it seriously, and one thing the past year has shown is that boomers still run America

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

:chloe:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Populon posted:

Someone needs to remind them that they suck and are losers and I'm not going in there or QCS

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

When I'm elected to the senate I'm gonna dress like martin short in the three amigos

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

https://twitter.com/m_mendozaferrer/status/1368010539901812738?s=20

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

because they had to find one for him quick, lol if you think he actually wears a mask normally

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Sinema is known for wearing weird rear end outfit on a regular basis, because, she is a crazy person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

This serves the agenda of helping people how?