Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I live in the wrestling bubble and the air in here is the purest I have ever breathed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

the wildest thing about the ddt saki akai photobook championship reign has been learning that saki akai is 34, what the gently caress

it's cool that she has basically had, for joshi at least, a late career resurgence? seems like she was stuck in the ddt comedy undercard forever but with her french cousin in tjpw and eruption she's got a great thing going

She didn't debut until she was 27

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

She's signed with her talent agency. The UUG and Saki Akai are doing the same thing

Maki definitely is heading over to the AEW, part-time excursion or full time who the hell knows, but yeah highly doubt it's going to be this soon, not even considering the quarnatine but after the tourney in general. Already have a Joshi fighting the champ and trying to make a big deal out of her. Having the jobber she beat in the first round show up so soon doesn't look good for either of them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom's next two major shows are up against major NJPW shows which is slightly odd considering they're the same company. Their 4.4 Yokohama Budokan show is clashing sign Sakura Genesis and their 5.29 Ota Ward show is up against the Tokyo Dome show.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Deswarey/status/1367208154627371008

Nice of joshi to bring back Koko Ware's Ghostbuster in the Year of Our Lord 2021.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:stonk:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tam should have marked out like Steiner after he killed Hase

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Watching the 13/2 Stardom from Korakuen and I'm finding it pretty off-putting how little they are using the hardcam. A lot of shots from one camera on the floor and it's a real strange aesthetic choice.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/MAYARAMU_MEX/status/1367720060438020098?s=19

Kagetsu is making a one night only return for Mata ne

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it is impossible for wrestlers to retire. it is like gravity, your 9th remembrance show is an unavoidable part of the spacetime manifold. it is the shape of the universe and cannot be evaded

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think this is an acceptable reason to break your retirement for one night

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think this is an acceptable reason to break your retirement for one night

you are right. i'm not nice sometimes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching the 14/2 Stardom on the phone waiting for a bus that never arrived, I gotta say that Kaori Yoneyama is great in her role. Her match against Lady C is just a very silly enjoyable match that had me laughing a lot. Like they go to do a test of strength at the start but Lady C is far too tall so Gokigen Death stomps on her feet, Bringing C to her knees. Where of course she is still too tall with her arms extended to do a test of strength. It's not revolutionary stuff but the timing she has is fantastic

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yoneyama is ridiculously funny no matter where she goes.

She brought the concept of a mid-match "recess" to ChocoPro, which was already extremely silly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey so I know plenty of people have said it in the past, but seriously what the gently caress, Miyu Yamashita is an unbelievable badass and I wish I'd listened or figured this out for myself earlier.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Hey so I know plenty of people have said it in the past, but seriously what the gently caress, Miyu Yamashita is an unbelievable badass and I wish I'd listened or figured this out for myself earlier.
She's a better version of Low-Ki

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

It's balanced out by her also being such a massive dork :3:

https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1350362148245893120

I will never stop posting that tweet. I love it so much

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ahahaha that's loving amazing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1243205552433332227?s=20

Miyu's appearances in the Openweight Baka Championships are legendary.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Miyu loving owns :hai:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I like to think Miyu knows how good she is so she also knows letting out her inner doofus does her no harm and in fact adds to the appeal.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I like to think Miyu knows how good she is so she also knows letting out her inner doofus does her no harm and in fact adds to the appeal.

See also: Syuri

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1368124829757403136

quote:

We lost. We lost the final. I'm sorry, Yamashita. Itoh will go somewhere far away.

Feeling really good about my prediction that Itoh will be at Revolution. Really good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are you open to a wager

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

are you open to a wager

I'd also get in on that action if he is. There's no way she shows up Sunday.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1368124829757403136

Feeling really good about my prediction that Itoh will be at Revolution. Really good.

I would be tempted to bet the house that I don't even own but will when my parents die within the next 10 to 15 years that this doesn't happen.

Or a shiny penny (British). Whatever.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I would assume if Maki was coming to the States she'd still have to stay in a disinfected broom closet for two weeks. Even if the state of Florida seems to give no fucks about Covid, AEW in general is really cautious about it

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

The one season of fantasy football I played taught me that even things you think are sure bets often aren't but if it's something small like an avatar bet or something I'm down. Though if someone makes me use a Raku avatar for any decent length of time I may delete my account in shame.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I have no money or skills so any bet would need to just be dumbass posting related stuff. Loser has to watch every WWE show for a week or something lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Loser has to make WWE GDTs (including NXT) and watch them for a month

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Well I'm not skipping Dynamite for NXT so I'm out on that one.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Itoh is going to be there

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

I have no money or skills so any bet would need to just be dumbass posting related stuff. Loser has to watch every WWE show for a week or something lol

Oh no.....that's a rough one. I just quit wwe for the most part too. Okay I'm in though.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

they are going to deliver maki to america via private jet that is hermetically sealed so she dosen't need to be tested.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

See also: Syuri

As I paid more attention to her, Syuri very quickly went from being "Shida's friend that does kickboxing/MMA and also wrestles" to one of my top three wrestlers in STARDOM.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1368399366495551491

My favorite kaiju after Anguirus. :allears:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

A lot of wrestlers make "cute" their brand but it's hard to find one more adorable than the BIG KAIJU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I just noticed the header art for Shoko's Twitter page and it is the best thing ever.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Her pinned tweet is her guesting on a baby godzilla show, which is about the most perfect thing ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1368420944012861440

GIVE MIZUKI A BELT, ALREADY