Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I wanted to make one of these for an obscure death but I find them infuriating so I’ll spoil it.

Moses McCormick, polyglot known as laoshu505000 on YouTube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

bike tory posted:

Because they're powered by wind which is the result of the sun? Thats a silly technicality

Nope, because they're powered by fusion reactors inside the ship. The columns are Flettner rotors, which take advantage of the Magnus effect to generate forward thrust from air passing around rotating pillars. The energy cost to power the rotors is much smaller than the cost to power the ship directly, and the rotors can generate thrust from even a very small amount of wind. (It does require wind, which means that - unlike most modern ships - a Flettner ship can become becalmed, but IIRC they've got reserve propellers to handle that.)

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Woah!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

:golfclap:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Getting a name change to HAM HELMET would be pro-tier.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Ham Helm

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Halm

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

help ham?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tag yourself.

Very big Scream at God proponent over here.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Despite all my woe
I'm still just a cock on a pole

Heath has a new favorite as of 08:23 on Mar 6, 2021

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Memento posted:

Tag yourself.

Undertale and Helltaker are gonna mean lots of competition for Marry Goatte.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Heath posted:

Despite all my woe
I'm still just a cock on a pole

What sort of hosed up accent do you have where that rhymes?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

i do not understand pet hamming

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

Tag yourself.

I’m thirty to fifty feral swine.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hamcliff

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Memento posted:

Tag yourself.

Medieval goatse top left.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lol

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Everything in the universe is technically fusion powered.

Well.

The metals in the core of the earth are *formed* by fusion yes. But heavy metals don't release energy when you fuse them, they cost energy.

But currently they release heat through nuclear decay, which is the Weak Nuclear Force, instead of the Strong Nuclear Force that powers fusion.

So geothermal is technically not fusion powered.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Carbon dioxide posted:

Well.

The metals in the core of the earth are *formed* by fusion yes. But heavy metals don't release energy when you fuse them, they cost energy.

But currently they release heat through nuclear decay, which is the Weak Nuclear Force, instead of the Strong Nuclear Force that powers fusion.

how about you gravitate back to the library, nerd

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

Well.

So you're saying that my phone, which has been charged by coal plants, is not technically using fossil fuels because it's currently just using a lithium battery?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BonHair posted:

So you're saying that my phone, which has been charged by coal plants, is not technically using fossil fuels because it's currently just using a lithium battery?

On a long enough time scale, all of existence is carbon neutral, yes.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:razorfront:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Memento posted:

Tag yourself.

what about eat ye hotte chippe and tell falsehoods?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
they have to be hotte? this changes everything

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Don't tell a Hungarian nationalist that you think they're in any way related to the degenerate Mongol outcasts.

That's not a nice thing to call Turkish people.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

freeedr posted:

I wanted to make one of these for an obscure death but I find them infuriating so I’ll spoil it.

Moses McCormick, polyglot known as laoshu505000 on YouTube

Of all the deaths I thought the meme thread was going to shock me with....gently caress.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Captain Splendid posted:

Of all the deaths I thought the meme thread was going to shock me with....gently caress.

gently caress. It was mind blowing to me to see someobe learn not just that many languages but that many obscure languages. Like how would you even learn conversational Assyrian or Kurdish let alone be fluent?

Also was he a goon? Just remember him using the phrase gently caress.

E: just rewatched one of his videos and tbh, he seems mostly to have nailed down stock phrases. Still impressive though.

Benny Harvey has a new favorite as of 13:07 on Mar 6, 2021

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Yeah, he definitely focused more on quantity rather than quality for most of his languages (except Mandarin and Cantonese, but it's impossible to teach yourself dozens of languages and be amazing in all of them) but it was awesome watching him go round a mall, see some Indian people and start talking to them in Hini, see a Vietnamese guy and start talking in Vietnamese, then be told his girlfriend is Cambodian and switch to Khmer

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Benny Harvey posted:

gently caress. It was mind blowing to me to see someobe learn not just that many languages but that many obscure languages. Like how would you even learn conversational Assyrian or Kurdish let alone be fluent?

Kurdish is a pretty strong language (or languages) spoken by lots of people though? Also it gets progressively easier to learn new languages, all the historical linguists I went to university spoke at least 4 dead languages and 6 living.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I can't stand those Girls vs Boys memes. Every single one is about how silly and trivial those girls are, not like us epic chad boys, amiright? And the fact that people are using the "correct boy" picture that fascists came up with only makes me hate them more. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g9qORegPpU