Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

oh.. no.. please dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Does the curse go away if you lose the actual bell?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

King of Bleh posted:

Does the curse go away if you lose the actual bell?

No

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I traded Neow's Lament once for the relic, in act 2.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I don't think I've ever seen that before. What event is that?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chaotic Flame posted:

I don't think I've ever seen that before. What event is that?

its the event where you can trade a relic for a relic that triples your chances at rare card rewards. sometimes it asks you for a relic that doesn't do anything anymore like a broken lizard tail or a bad face or something, or a used up omamori or whatever

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
This also applies to any relic that only does one thing on pickup, like any of the fruits that increase your max hp. So sometimes you effectively get a free relic out of it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Krakhan posted:

This also applies to any relic that only does one thing on pickup, like any of the fruits that increase your max hp. So sometimes you effectively get a free relic out of it.

You can take advantage of this to let your team double-dip on these relics with The Courier in that Spire With Friends mod.

That mod is dope, by the way. My spouse and I had a Spire date night :swoon:

The team relic that makes your exhaust cards bounce back and forth between your decks is wild, and takes far more coordination than we're willing to do. But I could see some bonkers strategies around that thing. Sending double Omnisciences back and forth was pretty OP.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

rabidsquid posted:

its the event where you can trade a relic for a relic that triples your chances at rare card rewards. sometimes it asks you for a relic that doesn't do anything anymore like a broken lizard tail or a bad face or something, or a used up omamori or whatever

I have seen N'Loth eat his own face before.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Just had a fun run where Neow gave me a Multi-cast, and then these were my first two relics:

I also got a Calipers on floor 23, and a Nuclear Battery from the A2 boss. Those + Reinforced Body was pretty nuts. I didn't get a dark orb until late Act 3, but it didn't really matter.

Traxis fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 1, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Lol that's a great early game setup.

I'm doing an A11 heart run with Defect. Floor 6 I fought an elite and got a frozen egg (power cards you get are upgraded) and I was like "welp I just won, can you just give me the heart kill mow and save me an hour?"

Just started act 3 and I have four defragment+, one of those cards that plays your next power card twice, and two seeks.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Re: daily

Fifteen dual wields?? no thanks.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah I tried to make something work with Perfected Strike but never got enough defense. Fell to the Collector, who was really drat aggressive about resummoning minions.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
15 dual weilds? what the gently caress this is going to be stupid, oh well lets see how the first act goes then I'll give up on it.

Oh 3rd floor Mind Blast I see

I was in 16th place when I finished it although I'm sure I'll be knocked off the front page.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

mcvey posted:

Re: daily

Fifteen dual wields?? no thanks.

Was kind of a :wtf:, but then I noticed it works pretty well with Perfected Strike. Just Dual Wield strike cards and see that damage balloon.

Also LOL at Mind Blasting the final boss with an over 100 card deck.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
I think I had around 12 perfected strikes in my deck but I didn't play a single one.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Fantastic daily today. Drank a distilled chaos which drew me into a Blasphemy at the start of the first Elite fight. Oops.

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

32 strikes, 12 of which perfect. I was never really in any danger the entire run, everything just got toasted by the ridiculous damage output.
Towards the end I maybe drafted too many -strike cards for synergy? I'm not sure.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I finally beat the Heart! Several months of on and off play and many close calls but all the advice and dedication paid off. Had to really learn how valuable certain cards were and get over my trepidation over obviously-good cards like Corruption when I finally used it and experienced it’s raw power.

I immediately started a Silent run and nearly beat the Heart next. But man, changing gears with characters is harder than it looks.

God bless

IMG_8529

Mike N Eich fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 3, 2021

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

usually runs kinda pick up steam until you get to the heart and then you can hit a wall but it turns out this was a really hard run all the way until the heart

who knew torii, tungsten rod, bronze scales and static discharge (from creative ai) would make the heart less formidable!

otoh white beast statue should probably not drop from the pre-heart elites :mad:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

usually runs kinda pick up steam until you get to the heart and then you can hit a wall but it turns out this was a really hard run all the way until the heart

who knew torii, tungsten rod, bronze scales and static discharge (from creative ai) would make the heart less formidable!

otoh white beast statue should probably not drop from the pre-heart elites :mad:

you can get ceramic fish from the preheart elites too, very fun

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Hmmm it appears Recursion keeps Darkness channeled to its current amount :thunk:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

:toot: finally an a20 heart kill

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Well this was entertaining

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Verviticus posted:

:toot: finally an a20 heart kill

goon job!!

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Got my A18 with Defect tonight. Happy to see everyone else is having wild Defect runs too! No Gold, No Pots, No Problems :c00l:

Floor 7 Mummified Hand with 4 energy was just ridiculous. I was up against Awakened One and had him +15 Strength from Powers and the fight was still easy after a couple of early hits. Spear and Shield nearly killed me because my draws were poor, but Echo Form/Creative AI both showed up early for the Heart and I only took 5 damage in the last fight. I only survived Spear/Shield because of a Buffer that showed up from Creative AI. Hello World (from Creative AI/White Noise) ended up actually being really useful in this deck because I had more draw/energy than I knew what to do with. This deck was a rare time when Snecko was not an Insta-Pick.

Squashy fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 4, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:tinfoil: Jaw Worm = Maw = Neow :tinfoil:

https://www.reddit.com/r/slaythespire/comments/lx45uh/connecting_lore_neow/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like all of the neow lore but that all kind of totally glosses over how jaw worms do not have eyes

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

you either die a hero

or live long enough to get both dead branch and corruption

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Well that daily started out fun but I got an early blue candle which kinda trivialized the rest of it.

Has Ninja Scroll always been there? I have like 250+ hrs in this game and that's the first time I recall seeing it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone else been playing Hadean Tactics? It's an almost straight Slay the Spire rip-off, but it has auto-chess instead of turn-based combat.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

metachronos posted:

Well that daily started out fun but I got an early blue candle which kinda trivialized the rest of it.

Has Ninja Scroll always been there? I have like 250+ hrs in this game and that's the first time I recall seeing it.

It's been around for as long as I've been playing, which is almost 2 years. It's Silent only, so if you don't play Silent often, that would explain it.

Pro tip: The shivs from Scroll are put into your hand before the 2 extra cards from Bag of Prep, so if you already have a Bag, you probably want to skip Scroll.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Goddamn a19 defect is kicking my rear end. Feel im at whits end figuring out a way to crawl thru act 2 and act 2 boss. Sometimes the card draw just doesnt align :gonk:

E; After 3 days i did it! Yessss

cheeseboy58 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 6, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, Jorbs' attempt for 14-0 is a brutal watch.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Man, Jorbs' attempt for 14-0 is a brutal watch.

How come?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i just lost a really fun run at donnu and deca just now by finding out that the no draw from bullet time stops necronomicon from working. rip that second dash that would have kept me alive another turn to win the fight. womp womp.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

rabidsquid posted:

i just lost a really fun run at donnu and deca just now by finding out that the no draw from bullet time stops necronomicon from working. rip that second dash that would have kept me alive another turn to win the fight. womp womp.

Ah dang. I've had the "oh, right... didn't think that through" moment with BT+Necro, too. I felt silly.

To be nitpicky, it's not the no-draw from Bullet Time that breaks Necro (the Necro duplicate is created, not "drawn"); it's making the cards cost 0, since an attack that costs 0 costs less than 2, and thus won't proc Necro. :doh:

You can proc Necro after Bullet Time, but only if you somehow get an attack in your hand that costs 2+, such as with Dead Branch, or by removing the no-draw with Orange Pellets and then drawing a 2+ attack (Bullet Time won't affect the cost of the newly drawn cards).

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I’ve been duped by using Liquid Memories to get back a 2 or 3 cost attack that will win me the fight with necro, only to realize that it won’t work when Memories is making that attack cost 0.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If Ranwid offers to trade a relic for your blood potion, what happens if you drink the potion? Do you still have the option to trade the potion you no longer have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shine posted:

Ah dang. I've had the "oh, right... didn't think that through" moment with BT+Necro, too. I felt silly.

To be nitpicky, it's not the no-draw from Bullet Time that breaks Necro (the Necro duplicate is created, not "drawn"); it's making the cards cost 0, since an attack that costs 0 costs less than 2, and thus won't proc Necro. :doh:

You can proc Necro after Bullet Time, but only if you somehow get an attack in your hand that costs 2+, such as with Dead Branch, or by removing the no-draw with Orange Pellets and then drawing a 2+ attack (Bullet Time won't affect the cost of the newly drawn cards).

oh yes, of course. total brain fart there :eng101: