Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
History is for making me feel good about myself and my country. The Bad History makes me feel bad, which is why we need to forget it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Medullah posted:

Back to our regularly scheduled program

In certain contexts this is agreeable. But I love how with the poor design and randomly capitalized "D" you just know the person posting this is just pissed that a bunch of racist statues are getting toppled over.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
That figure raising its hand is only a few degrees and a slightly stiffened arm away from representing the true intentions of the meme.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I just looked closer at the picture and I didn't notice the fact that the original text had been "erased" and the history being Destroyed added. Hahahahahahahahha.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm the history destroyer

Twisted history destroyer

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

*teleports behind statue of Robert E. Lee and draws his katana*
Nothing personal kid.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the_steve posted:

*teleports behind statue of Robert E. Lee and draws his katana*
Nothing personal kid.

SMOKIN' SEXY STYLE

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
While you were learning about the great generals of the Civil War I was practicing the blade

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Medullah posted:

While you were learning about the great generals of the Civil War I was practicing studying the blade

Fixed

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

but if we take down the statues of hitler how will we remember history

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
E: I thought I was caught up and I wasn't

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sardine Wit posted:

The Boys I would argue is the closest we've got to commentary on the MCU - what if captain america was a government security subcontracter. Pity it's so inconsistently made.

Yeah, a modern day Blazing Saddles would be about a plucky foreigner who gets super powers and has a well-adjusted family and wonders why it takes a dead parent to know being a war profiteer is bad.
And they'd occcasionally wink at the camera and mention the next movie/source material.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

OMGVBFLOL posted:

but if we take down the statues of hitler how will we remember history

Ever since we took down the giant bin Laden statue at Ground Zero everyone has forgotten 9/11 happened.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A couple of "gems" from an utter moron on another forum:

quote:

Human biology determines normal. It is normal for people to be heterosexual. Because it's biology. It's not normal for men to be with men and women with women. The human being is biologically built toward heterosexuality. That's why homosexuality is so rare.

quote:

That's because gay people can't have children with each other. Ever. Some heterosexuals couples can't have kids either, but it's because of a biological defect. Gay couples can't because they are not biologically capable. It's science.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Bonobos use sex as a social bonding and tension-reducing measure, including gay sex. With chimpanzees, bobobos are the closest living relatives to humans.

While XX and XY are the most common sex genotypes, there's also XXY and XYY and XXXY and some with fragmentary sex chromosomes that result in intersex and naturally transgender members. There's nothing stopping the possibility of them breeding or reproducing

It's just science

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's not exactly the same thing, but it's a bit like saying, "Well I don't need a stimulus check; I'm doing fine during this pandemic. So all those wage slaves working at McDonald's should get along without a check too". The only difference is that it's slapping "It's science!" onto their own bigotry, which never fails to make me furious (which is probably the point).

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

It's not exactly the same thing, but it's a bit like saying, "Well I don't need a stimulus check; I'm doing fine during this pandemic. So all those wage slaves working at McDonald's should get along without a check too". The only difference is that it's slapping "It's science!" onto their own bigotry, which never fails to make me furious (which is probably the point).

It's extra frustrating because they're only saying "It's science" as some :smuggo: burn on all the people who have tried to explain actual science to them.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
:tinfoil:

quote:

12 historically documented tactics that the Communists used to capture the minds of Americans and Collapse the United States from within :

1. Remove or discredit leaders that are principled, courageous and people of convictions and morality.

2. Entice the brainwashing subjects into doubting their fundamental worldview, values and convictions.

3. Teach revisionist history that teaches American capitalist free market system as the source of all suffering and opression.

4. Teach moral relativism and situational ethics in order to destroy morality and character.

5. Teach the emphasis of group consensus and collectivism, and the danger of consequences and individuality.

6. Teach feelings and personal subjective experiences over facts, reason, logic, and context.

7. Put brainwashing subjects in state of fear, anxiety, confusion, etc to diminish critical thinking of subject the goal is to force the individual to surrender their individuality and worldview to those of change agents (?) and controlled and crafted group consensus.

8. Conceal the lies and evil agenda of the propigandist in order to shame and manipulate the subjects into willingly embracing their own demise.

9. Use individuals in trusted institutions to give credibility and value to the worldview inculcated in the brainwashed subjects.

10. Set up a system of rewards for those that advance in the brainwashing program. Punish those that embrace views in conflict with the propiganda.

11. Use informants, gossip, and tattle tales to report noncompliance of groups.

12. Create an atmosphere of chaos, suffering, hoteliers and danger then rescue the subject so the propigandist is perceived as a friend protector and savior.

This list seems familiar, but probably not in the way the author intended. Isn't this basically poo poo the US does when they kick off coups in foreign countries? Just flip a few economic terms here and there.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I sure remember all the times the communists successfully collapsed the US from within. Can't believe these communists keep doing this.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

They make a compelling case, we should stop teaching kids the dangers of consequences. Do whatever you want and nothing bad will ever happen to you.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I always knew hoteliers were up to no good

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Lib and let die posted:

SMOKIN' SEXY STYLE

Sherman sees Atlanta in the distance, places a hand on his cavalry saber, and allows a slight smirk to cross his battle-worn features.

"Now I'm Motivated!"

Drummer starts banging out the opening riffs to Bury the Light and the Soldiers all starts shouting 'I am the storm that is approaching'.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Pththya-lyi posted:

I always knew hoteliers were up to no good

It was supposed to say 'hostility' but I missed the autocorrect apparently lol.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Worker bees will never produce offspring. it's biology. that is why they don't exist.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
looking for papers on kin selection and homosexuality and just from the abstracts some of these are comically flawed.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I mean if it were up to biology you'd lose all your teeth by like 40 and die from smallpox, so I don't know why anyone cares what biology "wants" in the first place.

Not that homosexuality doesn't exist in nature anyway.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Clarste posted:

I mean if it were up to biology you'd lose all your teeth by like 40 and die from smallpox, so I don't know why anyone cares what biology "wants" in the first place.

Not that homosexuality doesn't exist in nature anyway.

One time, my dad was going on with something like "two bulls don't make a calf, two ewes don't make a lamb", to which I responded with your last point. "Oh but I think we're a bit more advanced than animals". Idk how someone can make those two points side by side and not have any discomfort over it, but eh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If a bull and a cow are twins then the reproductive development of the cow will often be altered by anti-Müllerian hormone from the male twin through the placenta, resulting in a cow that appears female but exhibits stereotypical bull behavior, has non-functioning ovaries, and will often attempt to mount other cows.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If I hadn't been following the hot takes posted itt I would have no clue at all what this was about beyond "ok, enjoy your drink and playtime and nap v:shobon:v".

Is this virtue signalling?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Wait I thought Pepsi was evil because they put aborted babies in their drinks, are they good again now somehow?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

If I hadn't been following the hot takes posted itt I would have no clue at all what this was about beyond "ok, enjoy your drink and playtime and nap v:shobon:v".

"Un-friend me cupcake!"

- An adult who still plays with a Mr. Potato Head doll.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
"Un-friend me cupcake!"

*angrily questions why nobody, including their family, wants anything to do with them*

*moments later, devoid of an ounce of self-reflection, decides it's because of the media and universities brainwashing everyone*

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I too like to shill for big corporations just to stick it to libs.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
What is pepsi supposed to have done?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

No one can stop me from falling asleep on a pillow made by a crackhead.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Discendo Vox posted:

What is pepsi supposed to have done?

I was wondering that too

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I think it's not so much Pepsi but rather that Coke had a commercial or story about inclusiveness training or something. I remember a "Coke too woke" thing a few weeks(?) ago.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

If a bull and a cow are twins then the reproductive development of the cow will often be altered by anti-Müllerian hormone from the male twin through the placenta, resulting in a cow that appears female but exhibits stereotypical bull behavior, has non-functioning ovaries, and will often attempt to mount other cows.

My ex's family raised cattle and they had to send a bull to the butcher because it would only mount steers, completely defeated the purpose of having a bull in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Guavanaut posted:

I don't know but I love how it's supposed to make me really loving mad for some reason.

IDGAF if that dude does any of those things or if it makes him happy in the slightest. I like a lot of Bugs Bunny cartoons and some of Dr. Seuss' stuff. It's crazy how much of this is simple projection where these folks claim that liberals like me are going out of their way to constantly be offended by poo poo when that's almost 100% everything about the conservative movement.

They act like the very concept of something "used to be considered funny but isn't so much anymore" is an affront to humor in and of itself and that nothing ever evolves or changes. In fact, they don't really want things to evolve or change which is weird to me.