Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1368252622243651586?s=20

so the dems negotiated with themselves into making GBS threads out a bill with less money for less people lol

ITS CUZ IT WAS A LIBERAL WISHILIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1368252622243651586?s=20

so the dems negotiated with themselves into making GBS threads out a bill with less money for less people lol

wow. im so surprised that the gop were being obstructionists the whole time and had no intention of ever voting for the thing while at the same time they got the dems to perform unnecessary concessions. someone grab fainting couch, i havent felt the vapors like this since the ACA was passed

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1368051416632328193

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

nowe that they passed this bill, where the gently caress is my money???

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

wow. im so surprised that the gop were being obstructionists the whole time and had no intention of ever voting for the thing while at the same time they got the dems to perform unnecessary concessions. someone grab fainting couch, i havent felt the vapors like this since the ACA was passed

Don't give the republicans any credit. Any loving up of the bill was done purely between democrats and Biden.

If 1 of the 8 D senators who voted against the minimum wage loses their primary it would have been worth it but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i say swears online posted:

actually could someone specify? do the new UI benefits fall under the standard deduction or do they get their own $10,200 standard deduction?

I think the first 10k in benefits just doesn’t count as income now

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

WHERE IS MY loving MONEY JOE.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I think the first 10k in benefits just doesn’t count as income now

This is good but I bet a LOT of people are going to have already filed their taxes to get their refund and won't realize that they can refile to get more back with this change.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

mcmagic posted:

This is good but I bet a LOT of people are going to have already filed their taxes to get their refund and won't realize that they can refile to get more back with this change.

big laughs at the fools who filed on time and didnt wait till the last second like a boss

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

big laughs at the fools who filed on time and didnt wait till the last second like a boss

fuckin

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

yeah do we get until like July to file again or is it back to April 15

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

mcmagic posted:

loving idiots lol

lol if you dont wait until the first week of april, its still the fiscal year of 2020 lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
the trick to being american is to be as dumb and incompetent as possible. live you life by this one simple concept and things will become much easier

Smythe has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Mar 6, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/anoop_alc/status/1367924125671428097?s=21

gently caress it I’ll volunteer 80 hours a week for dwayne’s campaign if he runs
lol lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bideo James posted:

loving idiots lol

lol if you dont wait until the first week of april, its still the fiscal year of 2020 lmao

A lot of people need their tax refund cash.... Especially people who would have collected unemployment.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mcmagic posted:

A lot of people need their tax refund cash.... Especially people who would have collected unemployment.

maybe Congress could have squared this away earlier or given everyone monthly checks then

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

mcmagic posted:

poor people dont get money back on taxes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Bideo James posted:

not true, I got six whole dollars last year

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao that he's still doing these highly edited "fireside chats" and still has to read from a script.

"I hope..." eyes cast down to script "help is on the way."

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
my income sucks poo poo and I usually get a deece grip back. janitor your withholding to the max to create a special untouchable savings acct. this way I can buy a nintendo or car tires or something once per year :coolfish:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao that he's still doing these highly edited "fireside chats" and still has to read from a script.

"I hope..." eyes cast down to script "help is on the way."

how long till they gotta start doing joe biden deepfakes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

now that the senate passed it is there a final summary out there for humans to read. or like a bulletpoint list, or perhaps a listicle I could read.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Smythe posted:

my income sucks poo poo and I usually get a deece grip back. janitor your withholding to the max to create a special untouchable savings acct. this way I can buy a nintendo or car tires or something once per year :coolfish:

i made 10k last year lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

In Training posted:

now that the senate passed it is there a final summary out there for humans to read. or like a bulletpoint list, or perhaps a listicle I could read.

it don’t matter because it’s gotta go through a conference committee next which could hypothetically replace everything in the bill

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MollyNagle3/status/1368259470753734663?s=20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it don’t matter because it’s gotta go through a conference committee next which could hypothetically replace everything in the bill

cool. maybe they'll add 15/wk min wage and $2000 checks.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:allears: I love that pres. puddin'head can't be trusted to (a) hold a press conference; (b) deliver a state-of-the-union address to congress; or (c) have an unscripted moment without edits & soft music overlays.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bideo James posted:

Not true. A lot of low wage workers get various tax credits.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

In Training posted:

cool. maybe they'll add 15/wk min wage and $2000 checks.

or remove the tax waiver

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

mcmagic posted:

Not true. A lot of low wage workers get various tax credits.

lets list them all out, and find out how many people are actually educated about them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

or remove the tax waiver

sounds better yeah. maybe shift it so only small business owners and landlords qualify or something.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

lets go ask intuit what it does for people who make minimum wage

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

witchy posted:

sinema doing bi tropes by wanting to gently caress everyone smh.
:perfect:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Bideo James posted:

i made 10k last year lmao

ok so that might be a little too low of a number for this lifehack. sending good vibes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bideo James posted:

lets list them all out, and find out how many people are actually educated about them

The big ones are the EITC and the Child tax credit. I do think there are people who don't know about them but if you worked at all you have to file taxes and most people do end up getting them if they are eligible. If you didn't work or have kids then, yes, you aren't going to get anything back.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Smythe posted:

ok so that might be a little too low of a number for this lifehack. sending good vibes

thanks, im going to expand my shack in the woods with your vibes.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

mcmagic posted:

The big ones are the EITC and the Child tax credit. I do think there are people who don't know about them but if you worked at all you have to file taxes and most people do end up getting them if they are eligible. If you didn't work or have kids then, yes, you aren't going to get anything back.

how much did you make in 2019 and 2020 combined

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

:allears: I love that pres. puddin'head can't be trusted to (a) hold a press conference; (b) deliver a state-of-the-union address to congress; or (c) have an unscripted moment without edits & soft music overlays.

It's like how the Sleepy Joe primary campaign strategy was keeping him away from meet and greet events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

They could have passed the $15 minimum wage