Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
He also has the best passive in the game. +1 to their primary attack? Ganyu thanks you for your contribution to her domination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Holy poo poo are we getting the KFC Collab? That owns

Edit: also add their costumes to the game too, please

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
150 fowl = 20k more and a ton of weapon enhancement materials

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
A somewhat popular team on CN playerbase is Childe/Beidou/Fischl. It is basically electro charge team at C0.

That being said, in terms of speed, the super endgame Childe is just setting up his ultimate and never autoattacking.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Hexel posted:

But he's got the best story quest :colbert:

I kept hearing this and then I did it and I hated every minute of it.

I hate Childe as a character and I hate his little brother, but he's incredible as a unit. I pulled him by accident and he was my headliner until I pulled Ganyu.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Does Ning count as a tall character for the sprinting and climbing bonus? She seems pretty tall to me..

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Hangouts look really fun and should address one of the biggest complaints about the previous patch (not enough time developing party character relationships).

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

theblackw0lf posted:

Hangouts look really fun and should address one of the biggest complaints about the previous patch (not enough time developing party character relationships).

I think the biggest thing they could do for the game would be to add all the characters in, sprinkled around. Doing random things. Maybe appearing in dailies.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The 3* Messenger bow is probably decent. Crit damage substat and bows can get crits pretty reliably with weak point shots.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tsyni posted:

I think the biggest thing they could do for the game would be to add all the characters in, sprinkled around. Doing random things. Maybe appearing in dailies.

The world does feel pretty empty and there's a pretty unpleasant disconnect with playable characters interacting with the npcs because everyone treats you like the Traveller. I know it's to cover for people who might not have other characters but it would be nice to have some incidental dialogue depending on who you have active when you run around or interact with npcs. I hope the hangout event is an indication towards something like that.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I thought this post had something to do with the KFC collab at first.

I hope we get it because those wings look pretty fly.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Hyper Inferno posted:

The 3* Messenger bow is probably decent. Crit damage substat and bows can get crits pretty reliably with weak point shots.

The issue with all 3*s is their low attack. I wouldn't mind seeing 4* versions of some of them.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

MajorBonnet posted:

The issue with all 3*s is their low attack. I wouldn't mind seeing 4* versions of some of them.

Being able to level them up to 4* or even 5* would be a start but I dread to think what that would take in this game.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Stare-Out posted:

The world does feel pretty empty and there's a pretty unpleasant disconnect with playable characters interacting with the npcs because everyone treats you like the Traveller. I know it's to cover for people who might not have other characters but it would be nice to have some incidental dialogue depending on who you have active when you run around or interact with npcs. I hope the hangout event is an indication towards something like that.

I am like 99% sure that canonically no one has ever joined you. Even the story quests where you interact with them a lot never imply that the character in question is going to be following you around before or afterward. A lot of them explicitly imply that they won't. Even the freebies who all players will 100% have.

Gacha is non-canon. Plot-wise the Traveler has only ever been accompanied by Paimon.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 6, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yes - the entire game it really is just Paimon and the traveler except when trial characters join you.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

Does Ning count as a tall character for the sprinting and climbing bonus? She seems pretty tall to me..

Girls are bad at sprinting and climbing according to Mihoyo. So yeah, she's probably among the fastest of the ladies but Benny or XQ will go faster despite being shorter.

At least until you're in water, where they are faster swimmers. But Mona >>>>>> everyone for water travel.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Probably the closest thing to someone joining you in-story is Dainsleif.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Childe also has the best support in the game yes I’ll take rank 11 ganyu and some idiot to dance in the ice storm

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

I don't even need that necessarily. Like maybe you come across Diluc walking to the winery, or maybe you see some of the Liyue characters out for dinner some nights. Even stuff like that would fill the world up a lot.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Republicans posted:

Probably the closest thing to someone joining you in-story is Dainsleif.

Unfortunately, I suspect Ninguang's pricetag to join you would be slightly higher...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh I was a page behind. Still! He is very tall and runs very fast and if you don’t have zhong this is a wanted trait!

Childe: tall! And other stuff.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The setup for the adventure guild timed things is you asking your friends to go do em. Bennet might not be following me around but I mooch of him like he family.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tsyni posted:

I don't even need that necessarily. Like maybe you come across Diluc walking to the winery, or maybe you see some of the Liyue characters out for dinner some nights. Even stuff like that would fill the world up a lot.

That would be cool too. Something, anything to fill the world up a bit more and make you feel more connected to it. It would be so cool to stumble upon one of the playable characters just doing a thing out in the world and maybe even have a little quest related to it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

kater posted:

Oh I was a page behind. Still! He is very tall and runs very fast and if you don’t have zhong this is a wanted trait!

Childe: tall! And other stuff.

Isn't Kaeya also tall and comes with a passive to reduce running stamina usage?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nobody knows.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I did mint yet again and ended up getting 8 Hero's Wit, 8 Adventurer books and 3 of the lowest tier boss crystals

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Hey Mihoyo can I get a crimson agate compass yet? Sitting on 65 and combing the mountains reveals nothing.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
got my first friendship level 10, with Xinyan of all characters. probably not something a ton of ppl have.

also got my first 5* weapon, aquila favonia. is it worth trying out physical keqing now that i have it, or are the electro builds still generally superior/less artifact reliant?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Dom is Here posted:

got my first friendship level 10, with Xinyan of all characters. probably not something a ton of ppl have.

also got my first 5* weapon, aquila favonia. is it worth trying out physical keqing now that i have it, or are the electro builds still generally superior/less artifact reliant?

I did this and it's fun to get some really big white numbers even at level 70 with a 70 favonia but quite frankly it's like Diluc^2 boring. You can't even use your zappy-port. Favonia is supposedly great for shocky time too, when they make the rumored and possibly apocryphal electro buffs she would probably be outstanding with either build.

My friend just started playing and picked her up on the banner after like 32 rolls and he got 2 lion's roar too. He's a fan. I just showed him how you can use her port to climb stuff.

I've been playing in his world with Zhongli and Donna and it may just be 2 people playing at once but the superconduct seems to really be destroying stuff. Fighting with her in co-op is definitely fun although keeping track of her is like one of those those action films where they switch camera angles every 1.7 seconds. Her kicking stuff around would be annoying af if it wasn't so hilarious.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What BP weapon should I pick up? I have a 80/80 Dragon's Bane for Hu Tao cause I plan to use her with Xingqiu but Deathmatch looks pretty good too. Razor has a R1 Serpent Spine that I could R2. I'm interested in building up Ningguang as a dps but I already have Klee (80/80), Razor (70/70), and now Hu Tao (80/80) so she's probably going to have to wait and I have both a R2 and R1 Widsith already. Black Sword looks good too but I don't know who would use it right now.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Detheros posted:

Hey Mihoyo can I get a crimson agate compass yet? Sitting on 65 and combing the mountains reveals nothing.

You're missing something, they aren't that obnoxious to find and there are like ten extras. Checked all possible chests? You know you can break the coloured ice using red crystals?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

What BP weapon should I pick up? I have a 80/80 Dragon's Bane for Hu Tao cause I plan to use her with Xingqiu but Deathmatch looks pretty good too. Razor has a R1 Serpent Spine that I could R2. I'm interested in building up Ningguang as a dps but I already have Klee (80/80), Razor (70/70), and now Hu Tao (80/80) so she's probably going to have to wait and I have both a R2 and R1 Widsith already. Black Sword looks good too but I don't know who would use it right now.

I'd prob go with Deathmatch as its Hu Tao's best 4* spear and I'd take that over R2 Serpent Spine. Widsith is already really good on Klee, prob her best 4 star weapon. Unless you really need crit rate then go with Solar Pearl I guess.

Black Sword is good but XQ and (non-dps) Bennett want weapons with ER. It's really good on Keqing though, but doesn't look like you have her anyway. So doesn't seem like you'd make use of it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so the stream showed off being able to store 5 resin cookies in 1.4 by having someone straight make 5 at once. i know you can go over 160 by eating moons but that feels awfully mean for a video when they didn't have to do it that way. is there a chance resin cap is going up?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

kater posted:

so the stream showed off being able to store 5 resin cookies in 1.4 by having someone straight make 5 at once. i know you can go over 160 by eating moons but that feels awfully mean for a video when they didn't have to do it that way. is there a chance resin cap is going up?

Raising the condensed cap is for people that want to really save for a specific day or just want to do anything besides do daily commission even harder.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

not much benefit to increasing it. someone tried pushing a leak that included a 200 resin cap or something like that, but it was blatantly false on most stuff well before the stream shot holes in it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It'll come in handy for me on "can't really play" days.

Also good because you can't craft resin in multiplayer, yet.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah it'll be a big boost if you coop with randos, means you might get five runs of a domain with a team that can actually do it instead of three at max

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

He also has the best passive in the game. +1 to their primary attack? Ganyu thanks you for your contribution to her domination

I would argue if you have him at C4 (lol) he becomes the best possible support for Ganyu. You can shoot 1 charged water arrow to trigger riptide, which will then reapply wet every 4 seconds, letting you go for a freeze comp with Ganyu at any range with almost no upkeep needed before the enemy dies.

For hilarious reasons related to someone whaling on my briefly stolen account, I am rocking a C6 Childe and a freeze build on Ganyu.

It's amazing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally giving Tartaglia a shot and trying out a memey burst build. His energy generation seems like poo poo by himself, am I getting this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Girls are bad at sprinting and climbing according to Mihoyo. So yeah, she's probably among the fastest of the ladies but Benny or XQ will go faster despite being shorter.

At least until you're in water, where they are faster swimmers. But Mona >>>>>> everyone for water travel.

I could have sworn the gender difference on move speed was because of the height difference, and tall girls were faster than short boys?

But then I've got my Ning equipped with Lost Prayer To The Sacred Winds for + move speed, plus she's got two Anemo on her team. For zooming around.