Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Danger posted:

how are there still folks out there who don’t know bellingcat is a cia cutout

lmao we bullied Brown Moses so bad for being a CIA nonce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Danger posted:

how are there still folks out there who don’t know bellingcat is a cia cutout

Because every time it comes up people just state it as fact with no further explanation.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

TerminalSaint posted:

Because every time it comes up people just state it as fact with no further explanation.

Also nobody gives a poo poo.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
speaking of bellingcat, the feds are most certainly not sending their best

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1367820638124183552

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TerminalSaint posted:

One of the major financers is the National Endowment for Democracy, the NED is literally a US government funded outlet that has frequently overtly said their work is what the CIA used to do covertly, and they've literally been praised by CIA officials multiple times

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

lol yeah it's the release schedule, that's the problem with the superhero show

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

also i promise you really don't have to defend a cia propaganda outlet just because its founder once paid lowtax $10

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
*Sees a group financed by the NED that just happened to get major fame first during the really shady 'uh Russia shot down a plane over Ukraine because Russia is evil and the worst thing to be' reporting involving a lot of anonymous 'open source' poo poo that never got proven*

How can you say they're spooks????

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

lol yeah it's the release schedule, that's the problem with the superhero show

far be it for me to even defend a superhero show but at least disney correctly realized that making GBS threads out an entire season at once makes it pass through people's cultural memories like a wet turd

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Shipon posted:

far be it for me to even defend a superhero show but at least disney correctly realized that making GBS threads out an entire season at once makes it pass through people's cultural memories like a wet turd

yeah binging tv shows and even normalizing calling it "binging" has always struck me as extremely diseased. I don't even want to sit down and watch 4 hours of something good like the sopranos or deadwood, it just feels like microwaving my brain

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It owns that D&D has had multiple mods with intelligence connections.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Binge culture also basically completely dissolved the difference between TV and movies so movies just became 3 hour long episodes of TV shows and TV shows just became 10 hour long movies and honestly it fucken sucks. I LOVED that the Boys and Mando slowed it down and gave their stories time to breathe.

It owns that anyone posting on a dilapidated bbc forum is worried about cyber security and intelligence assets

THS
Sep 15, 2017

TerminalSaint posted:

the NED funding is not hidden. google it. how endowed, personally, do you like your democracy?

i like my democracy extremely endowed btw

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

THS posted:

good god, just finished the donziger interview. what a loving nightmare that guy is going through. real dark poo poo

I believe you're gonna see more of it in the future. The idea of a private prosecutor is insane to me still.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the biggest issue with 'binge mindset' is that it turns what should be a multi-episode tv show into basically just a 6 hour movie. The best parts of poo poo like Mandalorian were the little 'side quest' bullshit parts Mando went on like 'I'm gonna play cowboy with Timothy Oliphant' that did nothing for the main story but was just this fun little character moment for him.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bust Rodd posted:

Also nobody gives a poo poo.

bust rodd

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

WrightOfWay posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bust Rodd posted:

It owns that anyone posting on a dilapidated bbc forum is worried about cyber security and intelligence assets

I'm a left leaning person and do not care about my #1 enemy the United States of America. -Bust Rodd

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's probably worth looking into your "left leaning" podcaster if he constantly argues what happened in bolivia wasn't a coup despite there being a lot of evidence to the contrary.

Ultimately no one really cares what media you consume but you should be mindful of where that media is coming from. What THS said in their post on the last page is very good and correct.

THS posted:

and ya ultimately listen to whatever you want, a lot of media is propaganda, hollywood is full of moloch worshippers, nearly all british people are pedos, all your favs might be Problematic, but “behind the bastards” gets recommended a lot to people and presents itself as a leftist podcast, and it’s good to know they are part of a spook funded media operation and that evans is extremely 👁

with the power of knowledge, you can become a more informed media Consumer. if felix started getting money from the gulf states i would see that as something relevant id want to be aware of so, when he started talking about how Neom is actually pretty badass and MBS has swag, id have some context

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Neom IS badass (in a dumb guy way) and I'm surprised Felix hasn't said that MBS has swag

What we're seeing in this thread is the Brace Belden posters and the Virgil posters grinding up against one another

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mae posted:

Neom IS badass (in a dumb guy way) and I'm surprised Felix hasn't said that MBS has swag

What we're seeing in this thread is the Brace Belden posters and the Virgil posters grinding up against one another

That's hot

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Mae posted:

Building a 120km long city that's just a loving line in the desert is an inherently funny idea, doubly so considering the existence of Spec Ops: The Line

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Spec Ops: The Line 2: Bigger Line

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Everything about the whole Neom concept just becomes more and more insane the more you look into it

Just grand that if you have basically unlimited money like the Saudis do, you can build your crazy fever dream

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

It is extremely plausible that Felix could become the US spokesperson for Neom if he applied for it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

FlamingLiberal posted:

Everything about the whole Neom concept just becomes more and more insane the more you look into it

Just grand that if you have basically unlimited money like the Saudis do, you can build your crazy fever dream

The lifesize animatronic dinosaurs that just free-roam back and forth across the city was the what totally sold me on it.

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm a left leaning person and do not care about my #1 enemy the United States of America Mr Hootington. -Bust Rodd

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Mae posted:

Brace Belden is a hero, but I miss the Virgil poop jokes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Neom is like something out of a sci fi novel. it's as ridiculous as Rapture from Bioshock.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

uber_stoat posted:

Neom is like something out of a sci fi novel. it's as ridiculous as Rapture from Bioshock.
I mean I would say moreso, because it's in the desert and they don't seem to have any kind of plan for how to get enough water out there.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lol

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

sexpig by night posted:

One of the major financers is the National Endowment for Democracy, the NED is literally a US government funded outlet that has frequently overtly said their work is what the CIA used to do covertly, and they've literally been praised by CIA officials multiple times

Thx.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the end of the latest ep (before the dongzier interview) was pretty doomery and went on for way too long. I guess it explains why virgil went off to do his own thing.

the interview was great, I've been curious how that's going, wonder if he'll get any main stream coverage after the trial

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
sofa king bust rodd ed

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

crepeface posted:

the end of the latest ep (before the dongzier interview) was pretty doomery and went on for way too long. I guess it explains why virgil went off to do his own thing.

the interview was great, I've been curious how that's going, wonder if he'll get any main stream coverage after the trial

I mean, it's a bit hard not to be doomery when their big one shot of the year (since lol filibuster is still in effect) is such a loving joke. Like, it's literally an ACA repeat, it's gonna help some people but leave a lot in the cold, the GOP will point to every single flaw and spend the next year screaming at the top of their lungs it's a failure and a poo poo ton of people will just tune out and not care about voting in the midterms to save the guys who left them out in the cold.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
It was totally correct and it was cathartic to hear my cool friends rant about it. That's why I listen to this show.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

can't disagree with anything said during the doomer portion of the ep

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I think it was mostly correct, but also tiresome to listen to them dwell on.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
what I'm saying is I support will menaker's strike

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i think its more notable that they kept it fairly focused and together through most of their portion, without will. im proud of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

WrightOfWay posted:

Unlike CSPAM, whose mods are thankfully dumb as poo poo like the rest of us :colbert: