Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
My new strategy is to not spend any money on training and just buy a 10+ skill player every week. We can train later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Honestly I thought you had logged in once then never logged in again.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Shadowlz posted:

Just played this cup match. I managed a 0-0 draw and I red injured his best forward. He is active so I imagine he isn't too happy about it. I did buy a 33/10 moody 1on1 GK that played at 14 too so the 2 chances he got were blocked.

Lmao, that is insane and really funny. This isn't quite as good but a couple weeks ago I took over a division 2 team in the official league and it was just before the last game of the season. My team had been idle the entire season using the same "wing plays, tighten the wings" default tactic and I was about to face the team tied for 1st place. He had a solid lead in goal differential so I'm sure he was 100% confident about winning promotion. I didn't really care and just wanted to get a little bit of DV for the neglected youth ahead of the change report so I went 4-4-2 with mostly youth players and a 50k win bonus, but for shits and giggles I also switched to "through plays, tighten the center". It ended up being a 1-1 draw which was enough to drop him to 2nd, putting him in a playoff spot that he ended up losing out on.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

4-5-1, Very Defensive, Bruise.

Lmao I can’t believe it worked

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Very defensive OP.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

How are you still investing in veterans. How do you have any money.

e; My team may not be good, but my DV and form are in good shape. I'm just looking ahead to the back to back matches against Sheds and fearing for what my form is going to look like going into the latter half of the season. May just preemptively do some training to land after the second game.. It is like watching a train come towards you and its picking up steam instead of trying to stop.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 2, 2021

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Nephzinho posted:

How are you still investing in veterans. How do you have any money.

e; My team may not be good, but my DV and form are in good shape. I'm just looking ahead to the back to back matches against Sheds and fearing for what my form is going to look like going into the latter half of the season. May just preemptively do some training to land after the second game.. It is like watching a train come towards you and its picking up steam instead of trying to stop.

Every week, they give me more. And I don't. Living paycheck to paycheck here!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
My team is basically either extremely old veterans or young babies. My young bucks are all at 0 or better DV already, so that's a positive.

anyone between the ages of 21-28 is not allowed

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

Lmao I can’t believe it worked

Oof a disallowed goal and a goal both after full time. I'd hate to be the other guy

It's got to be intentional at this point, right?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I know everyone else bet against you but I believe in you, Honking Geese FC. Honk your way to victory, my fellow bird-themed internet soccer club.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

bees everywhere posted:

I know everyone else bet against you but I believe in you, Honking Geese FC. Honk your way to victory, my fellow bird-themed internet soccer club.

Unbeknowest to everyone else, I just bought an actual goalkeeper instead of always fielding a random teenager I found on the street!

Speaking of which, anyone remember what DV you tend to need for a feasible double jump?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Unbeknowest to everyone else, I just bought an actual goalkeeper instead of always fielding a random teenager I found on the street!

Speaking of which, anyone remember what DV you tend to need for a feasible double jump?

It depends on on what your actual skill is. If you're at like [x.4] its pretty easy to show a double jump to [x+1.6] with the way bars round. Having said that, go for as high as possible. Latter half of the season I'm trying to keep everyone somewhat even, outside of the one or two youths who magically are 2-3 points ahead of everyone and have great form and you're just going for the moonshot.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
+6 and up. Supposedly it goes to +10 but diminishing returns are so sharp I've never seen it, last season in another team I had a youth hit +9 in round one of the playoffs but his average form dragged him back down to 8 as the run went on (he double jumped anyways.)

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Whole lotta bus parking going on in my matches. Still winning matches, but I lost my nice goal lead and top spot on the board.

Also I chickened out and took off a playmaker that didn't help.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

bees everywhere posted:

Your faith was rewarded!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
ephex, you madman! You made him captian?!?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Dragongem posted:

Your faith was rewarded!

https://i.imgur.com/4UwLvjk.mp4

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

So much yellow.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Oof, really wanted to win that bet pool to pay for a round of full squad training. At least someone made god bleed this week.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I was the only person to bet on myself winning, which I managed, but then I hosed up the last couple of results. I needed that money my squad is dogshit, goddamit!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Flayer posted:

I was the only person to bet on myself winning, which I managed, but then I hosed up the last couple of results. I needed that money my squad is dogshit, goddamit!

On the bright side, your next 2 games are against me and my best defender will be injured for both of them. I was winning my game against ABCDE FC until the injury happened and then they just obliterated me since I only had a 19/5 on the bench. (Also, kudos for tightening your wings.)

Nerds backroom staff after the loss:

edit: Congrats to Murbley Mighty Kittens, you scored a goal! And a win!!!

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 4, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

bees everywhere posted:

On the bright side, your next 2 games are against me and my best defender will be injured for both of them. I was winning my game against ABCDE FC until the injury happened and then they just obliterated me since I only had a 19/5 on the bench.
I wouldn't worry about that, I've had a 4/18 year old and a couple of 5/19s ever present in my first team this season!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuHS9NI_xwY

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Shadowlz posted:

So much yellow.

And I couldn’t even injure anyone

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.

bees everywhere posted:

On the bright side, your next 2 games are against me and my best defender will be injured for both of them. I was winning my game against ABCDE FC until the injury happened and then they just obliterated me since I only had a 19/5 on the bench. (Also, kudos for tightening your wings.)
Tough luck with the injury but good game nonetheless! Those sweet sweet soccer bux are a pretty nice consolation prize at least.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

On the bright side, your next 2 games are against me and my best defender will be injured for both of them.

Oh yeah, my only veteran defender got injured ahead of my Sheds series to boot.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Nephzinho posted:

Oh yeah, my only veteran defender got injured ahead of my Sheds series to boot.

On the plus side for you... We suck now. I'm expecting it to be like when Arsenal lost our 49 game unbeaten streak. The only way is down!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

“Congratulations your press release has been published in the Xpert Daily” what does that mean

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I’m also starting to think my team is a bit overqualified for Scrub Division in the main league.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

“Congratulations your press release has been published in the Xpert Daily” what does that mean

We are in the same league and it popped up in my feed. It looks like it was posted in some weird paper.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

What team was this for?

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Rapner posted:

What team was this for?

Official league, league of Champs. Busan Divas.

Uzh
Sep 27, 2003
Monkey lover
Xpert Daily is the newspaper for XpertEleven. It's basically a curated collection of good/interesting press releases.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bilbao Baggins with a strong contender for best soap target:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
That's gonna move them up in squad value from not on the list to like... top five

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Presser posted:

Digging up the past; Part I
It was on a dreary night of March that I beheld the accomplishment of my toils. With an anxiety that almost amounted to agony, I collected the instruments of life around me, that I might infuse a spark of being into the lifeless thing that lay at my feet. It was already one in the morning; the rain pattered dismally against the panes, and my candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open; it breathed hard, and a convulsive motion agitated its limbs.

He was just like his namesake - the beloved Jonathan Carlton, bastion rock of the once formidable Norfolk-in-Chance defense. And he lives again!

Press releases get easier if you can shamelessly rip off classical fiction.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
oh I accidentally made my 18/5 teenager the captain

that might explain something

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
The Coffee Beans won a game

this is not a drill

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

My away match against the Sheds went about as well as expected, though Masonity was kind enough to let me score one and feel like I had a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

My away match against the Sheds went about as well as expected, though Masonity was kind enough to let me score one and feel like I had a chance.

Hey, I even gave you a 20 minute headstart before we started playing!