Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Ladder match guy will be under 35, for sure.

What's the over/under that he'll be under 35?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

10 inch

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JUNGLE BOY posted:

75%

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Don't want the big signing to be Angle because he looks/wrestles like a Galoob figure

Don't want the big signing to be RVD because he looks/wrestles like a Galoob figure

Don't want the big signing to be Christian because honestly he's old, I don't care, and his good music is owned by another company

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mob posted:

Don't want the big signing to be Angle because he looks/wrestles like a Galoob figure

Don't want the big signing to be RVD because he looks/wrestles like a Galoob figure

Don't want the big signing to be Christian because honestly he's old, I don't care, and his good music is owned by another company

I'm sure Impact would let AEW use his TNA music.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

No one else thinks Cain? He and Cody have history, he’s a big name in some sense, and he has already had two matches, one of which was good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

No one else thinks Cain? He and Cody have history, he’s a big name in some sense, and he has already had two matches, one of which was good.

He had two matches in AAA and both were good.

But Tony has made it clear it's a someone who was a major star in wrestling not MMA.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Ladder match guy will be under 35, for sure.

ladder match guy comes out, tony asks him how old he is, "30," what's your drivers licence say? "30" are you lying to us? "30"

"what's your date of birth?"

THAT IS RIGHT, I AM 40

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

But Tony has made it clear it's a someone who was a major star in wrestling not MMA.

Ah well, I only saw his first AAA match which I enjoyed a hell of a lot, I need to track down that second one. The WWE Match was typical Brock doesn't care poo poo though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Ah well, I only saw his first AAA match which I enjoyed a hell of a lot, I need to track down that second one. The WWE Match was typical Brock doesn't care poo poo though.

It was on Invading New York which also has an absolutely incredible Santana and Ortiz vs Lucha Bros match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

It was on Invading New York which also has an absolutely incredible Santana and Ortiz vs Lucha Bros match.

God drat, looks like I got my evening planned then thanks!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MassRafTer posted:

Was that mentioned on the unrestricted podcast or a different one?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Also it's a multiyear deal

Which, given absolutely everything known about how good and healthy Cain's ligaments/bones have been over the last eleven years, is only a slightly-less terrifying prospect than it being Kurt instead

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Two to one.

I'm going All In.

Hit me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hoping ladder match participant is Black Taurus.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Makes sense since the tnt championship still has that red strip on the front

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

Was that mentioned on the unrestricted podcast or a different one?

I think it was a different interview but he said the signing was one of his all time favorite wrestlers.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Mob posted:

galoobs are cool tho

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I would go wild for this

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Darby and Taurus *have* faced each other before..

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
am I the only one who's really underwhelmed by all this "major acquisition" poo poo?

I like AEW because they've got a young, exciting roster - if I wanted to watch old guys coast by on their reputation I'd be watching WWE

whoever they're bringing in has to be, at minimum, 40 for the whole "hall of fame level career" to be true, and I can't think of a single 40-year-old who I'd be excited to see wrestle, particularly at the expense of someone younger and (probably) more talented

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

am I the only one who's really underwhelmed by all this "major acquisition" poo poo?

I like AEW because they've got a young, exciting roster - if I wanted to watch old guys coast by on their reputation I'd be watching WWE

whoever they're bringing in has to be, at minimum, 40 for the whole "hall of fame level career" to be true, and I can't think of a single 40-year-old who I'd be excited to see wrestle, particularly at the expense of someone younger and (probably) more talented

Just wait until GRONK Is All Elite and the next boom period commences

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm not really sure why it's a given that they wouldn't be paired up with someone new and young like AEW tends to do with older, well-known guys.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

every old dude they've brought in so far has been there to put over other people, can't see why this one would be any different

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I agree with you but it's easier to just complain other places. :shrug:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Julio Cruz posted:

this is probably also why they're debuting two people, the one big show was hyping up as the hall-of-fame level talent and the one that's coming to immediately show off in the ladder match

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pylons posted:

I'm not really sure why it's a given that they wouldn't be paired up with someone new and young like AEW tends to do with older, well-known guys.

this is kinda my point though, they're already doing this with Sting/Darby and have been kinda-sorta doing it with Jericho/MJF, having a third older/younger pairing is just too much for a 2-hour show

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

this is kinda my point though, they're already doing this with Sting/Darby and have been kinda-sorta doing it with Jericho/MJF, having a third older/younger pairing is just too much for a 2-hour show

Why?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Evan Bourne and Ron Artest?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

because variety is good? we mock WWE all the time for doing the same things over and over, it doesn't magically become a good idea just because it's on Wednesdays

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

But the dynamics between Jericho/MJF and Sting/Darby are totally different, so it seems weird to reduce it down to a pairing of an older/younger performer and therefore the same.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

because variety is good? we mock WWE all the time for doing the same things over and over, it doesn't magically become a good idea just because it's on Wednesdays

I think it's a good idea because the execution is good.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Julio Cruz posted:

you wont be underwhelmed when it's young hall of fame calibre talent, konosuke takeshita.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

you wont be underwhelmed when it's young hall of fame calibre talent, konosuke takeshita.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

absolutely not. you stand with tens of thousands. most of them are chanting "mick-e-w" however so you must wear these ear plugs. use promo code cavauropodcast for $5 off your first order

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

So long as a wrestler is good, and so long as the focus isn't all on old guys to the detriment of younger guys I don't think it matters. Plenty of older guys can still add value, both as stars and as talent. If you can bring in Minoru Suzuki it doesn't matter he's in his 50s, dude can still go. Yuji Nagata, Masaaki Mochizuki, Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So long as it’s an interesting night I’m good.

When does it start, anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Teddybear posted:

So long as it’s an interesting night I’m good.

When does it start, anyways?

Tomorrow night 7pm CST