Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

casey kenney has only won by KO/TKO 2 out of his 16 victories. please lord - let tonight be the most violent knockout win of this guy's life. let him knock Dom Cruz out so hard that his larynx ejects itself from his body and he can never do commentary again. ignore all the other things i've asked you for this year, lord, and please give me this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I still believe in you Dom

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I like Dom's commentary most of the time, I never really get why some of you guys hate it so much

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Aye Doc posted:

casey kenney has only won by KO/TKO 2 out of his 16 victories. please lord - let tonight be the most violent knockout win of this guy's life. let him knock Dom Cruz out so hard that his larynx ejects itself from his body and he can never do commentary again. ignore all the other things i've asked you for this year, lord, and please give me this.

Kenney created controversy during an appearance on “The Timbo Sugarshow” podcast when he was asked by co-host Tim Welch, if he would “smash” (meaning have sex with) his colleague, Megan Anderson, a UFC featherweight female fighter. Kenny answered the question openly "Probably not, man,” Kenney said, laughing. “She’s not too … well, I mean, if it came down to it, and it was like 5 a.m., 4, she’s a 5 a.m.-er, 4 a.m.-er. Just us two hanging out, like, ‘F*ck it, let’s do it." 

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
"Cruz still considered the bantamweight goat by some viewers"

*Sharts jorts

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Been a long time since I watched one of these with goons. How y'all been? Looks like some awesome fights tonight. Cruz looks pretty spry so far

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gramps posted:

Been a long time since I watched one of these with goons. How y'all been? Looks like some awesome fights tonight. Cruz looks pretty spry so far

I've missed your belly rubbing avatar

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I like Dom's commentary most of the time, I never really get why some of you guys hate it so much

Because he said dumb poo poo, wouldn't let go of the dumb thing and would act indignant the whole broadcast about that thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The big thing that everyone who sucks against Cruz misses is that when he looks to strike his front leg is usually very static, as opposed to when he's feinting his weight is much more balanced and you can almost ignore him completely when its not weighted. Cody Garbrandt recognised that and really sat down when his front leg was holding - Cejudo punished the gently caress out of it too. The harder part is that Cruz doesn't follow a beat like some fighters do like Whittaker almost always goes feint feint attack for example and that's how Israel timed him so well, but watch Cruz - when he's front leg heavy he throws, when he's not it's all feints.

Casey is having trouble timing it but I'd have thought his corner would see it too.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Because he said dumb poo poo, wouldn't let go of the dumb thing and would act indignant the whole broadcast about that thing.

but enough about your posting :downsgun: heyyyyyyyyyy

now that you mention it I do remember some of that, yea

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

BlindSite posted:

The big thing that everyone who sucks against Cruz misses is that when he looks to strike his front leg is usually very static, as opposed to when he's feinting his weight is much more balanced and you can almost ignore him completely when its not weighted. Cody Garbrandt recognised that and really sat down when his front leg was holding - Cejudo punished the gently caress out of it too. The harder part is that Cruz doesn't follow a beat like some fighters do like Whittaker almost always goes feint feint attack for example and that's how Israel timed him so well, but watch Cruz - when he's front leg heavy he throws, when he's not it's all feints.

Casey is having trouble timing it but I'd have thought his corner would see it too.

This is what everyone should have been doing to Cruz since the WEC so it is especially strange that Kenney is barely throwing leg kicks.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

100% agree, you'd be in round three in a jiu jitsu exchange and he'd be arguing with ogan about hand position from a clinch fight from round one and it was annoying as gently caress

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Ok so maybe Cruz has lost a step or two. He's definitely not as twitchy as I remember.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is what everyone should have been doing to Cruz since the WEC so it is especially strange that Kenney is barely throwing leg kicks.

Yeah, Cruz takes what I'd call movement breaks quite a bit too, where he becomes a basic orthodox fighter for a good 30 seconds or so every minute, then he re-sets to janking around. It's how he paces himself. Kenny is at least starting to throw enough volume to capitalise now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Cruz has lost a ligament or four.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gramps posted:

Ok so maybe Cruz has lost a step or two. He's definitely not as twitchy as I remember.

He definitely used to be better at slipping and rolling in the pocket when he was taking a break from twitching, but he's lost that half beat of pace he had as a younger man - might be rust too but he is 35 and despite Rogan etc saying he's a young 35, there's no way around the miles on the tyres.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Kenney mighta snuck that round at the end? feel like its 2-0 Dom tho

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Do Dom's 100% clean full power shots show up on the significant strike stats? Anyone know?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Go for the Von Prue you idiot!!!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Do Dom's 100% clean full power shots show up on the significant strike stats? Anyone know?

I don’t think they differentiate but judges can obv account for it

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I really like watching Dominick Cruz fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

BlindSite posted:

He definitely used to be better at slipping and rolling in the pocket when he was taking a break from twitching, but he's lost that half beat of pace he had as a younger man - might be rust too but he is 35 and despite Rogan etc saying he's a young 35, there's no way around the miles on the tyres.

They also said he turns 36 on Tuesday.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

hooo I don't know if standing in the pocket with cruz and slangin is the best idea

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Goofballs posted:

I really like watching Dominick Cruz fight

:respek:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I feel like Doms been dominating these exchanges more than Joe and DC are giving credit for.

He for sure was landing the cleaner shots

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dom out Iq'd him in that one. Veteran fight.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

gently caress off kenney, dont raise your arms you god drat loser

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I knew this round was sealed when Kenney was talking straight forward throwing 1-2s as old Dom easily shuffled aside.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I like watching Cruz fight as much as I dislike hearing him commentate.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Cruz should be seen and not really heard.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Messy scores but thought cruz won 29-28 so fair enough

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Dom's in great loving shape too tbf

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'd like to hear DC commentate with a few beers under his belt. He's always so close to letting fly but holds back and remains at least somewhat professional.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
He was saying some really funny stuff in the first couple of fights

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

rogan's missing a tooth?!?!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait.... what the gently caress is Cruz talking about?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
God Cruz is such a prick lol

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

Cruz vs Charlie Zelenoff book it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gotta be the weirdest callout of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't know who Hans Molenkamp is?