Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HEY NATIONAL LEFT, MAYBE YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE PAID ATTENTION TO DELAWARE IN 2018 AND 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Nichael posted:

HEY NATIONAL LEFT, MAYBE YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE PAID ATTENTION TO DELAWARE IN 2018 AND 2020

Hmm this isn't very #gurlboss of you

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Can't wait to be a local candidate for the Movimento 5 Stelle - Kyrsten Sinema List

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Fleetwood posted:

Kyrsten Enema

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Delaware was a mistake

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

“He’s thirty- eight,” Obama said, pausing for dramatic effect, “but he looks thirty.” The audience laughed. Obama was on a roll, using the tone of light ridicule he some-times pointed at himself— “ big ears” and “a funny name,” he’d said so many times before. Now, it was directed at Buttigieg. “He’s the mayor of a small town,” the former president continued. “He’s gay,” Obama said, “and he’s short.” More laughter.

im offended that obama hates buttigieg for petty reasons when i hate him for morally pure reasons

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1368282311779880963?s=20

Democrats love blaming bad policies winning on Black women

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1368283518611169284?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Zac_Petkanas/status/1368256643096604674?s=19

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

THS posted:

they arent perfect but whats the alternative

Dragging them kicking and screaming from their seats of power and replacing them with real humans. Having a government run by normal people would be a treat compared to the night parade of genuinely evil creatures we have in all 100 senate seats now.

John_A_Tallon has issued a correction as of 04:11 on Mar 7, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't believe how bad my senators are. I wish someone had tried to primary them.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol at trying to appeal to the pro-cop suburbanites with weird talking points after making sure a bunch of them don't get any checks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1368377490993995777?s=20
https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1368376437863047169?s=20

what weirdo runs this account
https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/status/1360417456246845441?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

calling out marie antoinette is, in itself, a sexist act, designed to denigrate a WOMAN for having an opinion on both what women should and shouldn't be allowed to eat, and silencing a female voice in an otherwise male-dominated field. 1/?

remember when sofia coppola made a prestige movie about how marie antoinette wasnt all that bad that just made her look like kind of a twit and very helpfully omitted the part where she tries to solicit help from a foreign army to imply she didnt know what was going on

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
where is this cut child poverty line come from, doesn't the child credit end in a year? lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol minimum wage will never be brought up again in the next two years. (4 if they manage to not get schlonged in 22, where then they'd get cover from republicans to 'try' to do min wage again)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mastershakeman posted:

someone i know just got a $2500 bill for having a miscarriage complication solved, because on top of the $500 deductible there was a 20% or whatever coinsurance. even more fun is they didn't even hit their out of pocket max!

when we formed babby last year the morning we were set to all go home they called me down to this little office where i had to pay several hundred dollars right then, implying that we wouldn't be allowed to otherwise leave

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Atrocious Joe posted:

what weirdo runs this account

Someone check if this account's activity increased after the Biden dog account got banned

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Kyrsten Sinema ran on raising the minimum wage

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Nichael posted:

why?i thought those guys ran unopposed ??? :confused:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

readingatwork posted:

I just challenged USPol to toxx themselves on Biden not doing any future warcrimes since he's so dedicated to peace. Strangely enough I haven't gotten any takers despite me doing the chivalrous thing and toxxing first (that he absolutely will do warcrimes). Weird... :thunk:

Enjoy your perma once he gets the Nobel peace prize

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

where is this cut child poverty line come from, doesn't the child credit end in a year? lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/02/04/romney-child-benefit-stimulus/

quote:

Senior Democrats are currently drafting legislation as part of their $1.9 trillion stimulus proposal that would provide $3,600 per year for every child up to the age of 6, as well as $3,000 for every child age 6 to 17.

[this plan] would provide the benefit monthly by depositing it directly in taxpayer bank accounts. Advocates for expanding child benefits say they would make an enormous dent in child poverty in the United States, although some conservative scholars argue the benefits may discourage parents from pursuing employment.

This WaPo article is about Mitt Romney's proposal, which is even more daring than the original one proposed by Democrats:

https://www.peoplespolicyproject.org/2017/11/12/brown-bennet-child-allowance-cuts-child-poverty-by-44/

quote:

Senators Sherrod Brown and Michael Bennet released a child allowance proposal a few weeks ago. The relevant details are as follows:

Children between the ages of 0 and 5 will get $300 per month.

Children between the ages of 6 and 18 will get $250 per month.

Benefits will phase out at a rate of 5 percent for earnings over $75,000 for single taxpayers and $110,000 for married taxpayers.

Based on this method, the Brown-Bennet child allowance would reduce the number of children in poverty from 12 million to 6.7 million, a decline of 44 percent.

To my knowledge, the Romney plan didn't make it into the bill, but the Brown-Bennet plan did, which is where people are getting this idea that Biden just cut child poverty in half.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shipon posted:

poo poo that explains why we keep going back in time

I've voted in every election since I turned 18 and I think the midterms very well may be the first time I just don't give a poo poo

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Look guys, the fewer people there are in poverty the fewer people in poverty we can help. Why are you against helping people in poverty??

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

gradenko_2000 posted:

To my knowledge, the Romney plan didn't make it into the bill, but the Brown-Bennet plan did, which is where people are getting this idea that Biden just cut child poverty in half.

Yeah, but the expansion is only for a year, so it's essentially a one-time payment of $1600 plus a change that provides the benefits monthly instead of yearly.

It's obviously a good thing for parents, but it's also a really great example of liberals obsessing over data and microtargeting benefits to pad out their metrics. Something like this is perfect because the outcome is pre-determined. You have data that says x number of children are in poverty. You can use that same data to say that a payment of y dollars per month to their parents will move them above that threshold, so that's what you do.

Also laughing extremely hard at the idea that an extra ~$130/month will encourage parents to not seek employment.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1368394890200104963

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

42. the answer to life, the universen and how many democratic senators will vote to increase the minimum wage

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
What mess is Biden cleaning? He is just continuing the things Trump was doing which were a continuation of what Obama was doing.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fleetwood posted:

Kyrsten Enema

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

If you guys personally talking to a sizable chunk of the primary electorate couldn't defeat these bastards (again working on the absurd notion that our elections are free and fair) what would Bernie have done, by how much did Biden beat him in the primary there? Again assuming that Bernie also didn't back the campaign because he didn't want to upset his good friend Joe by derailing his successor.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/ZombiePharoah/status/1365060104614158340

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

“He’s thirty- eight,” Obama said, pausing for dramatic effect, “but he looks thirty.” The audience laughed. Obama was on a roll, using the tone of light ridicule he some-times pointed at himself— “ big ears” and “a funny name,” he’d said so many times before. Now, it was directed at Buttigieg. “He’s the mayor of a small town,” the former president continued. “He’s gay,” Obama said, “and he’s short.” More laughter.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Trabisnikof posted:

More laughter

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
need to see a video of the double thumbs down

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, but the expansion is only for a year, so it's essentially a one-time payment of $1600 plus a change that provides the benefits monthly instead of yearly.

It's obviously a good thing for parents, but it's also a really great example of liberals obsessing over data and microtargeting benefits to pad out their metrics. Something like this is perfect because the outcome is pre-determined. You have data that says x number of children are in poverty. You can use that same data to say that a payment of y dollars per month to their parents will move them above that threshold, so that's what you do.

Also laughing extremely hard at the idea that an extra ~$130/month will encourage parents to not seek employment.

Btw, it is $1000-1600 depending on age level. So yeah it is more minor than that.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/02/04/romney-child-benefit-stimulus/

This WaPo article is about Mitt Romney's proposal, which is even more daring than the original one proposed by Democrats:

https://www.peoplespolicyproject.org/2017/11/12/brown-bennet-child-allowance-cuts-child-poverty-by-44/

lol "every" child subject to application and further conditions

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

etalian posted:

Lmao dems like Sinema are worse than the worst type of Chud politician since at leas the Trump supporters have some level of Lawful evil consistency.

What I'm hearing is that Sinema must be Chaotic Good

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

KomradeX posted:

If you guys personally talking to a sizable chunk of the primary electorate couldn't defeat these bastards (again working on the absurd notion that our elections are free and fair) what would Bernie have done, by how much did Biden beat him in the primary there? Again assuming that Bernie also didn't back the campaign because he didn't want to upset his good friend Joe by derailing his successor.

2018 was hosed because we didn't have nearly the infrastructure necessary to do it well, so let's focus on 2020.

1. We only got in contact with 15% of the electorate via field. That might sound low, but that's actually around the upper limit of what a campaign can typically speak to as most people do not answer their doors or phones.
2. Had COVID not occurred, we would've had substantially more in person events. My idea was to have constant concerts in urban areas of Delaware through the Spring and Summer. In lieu of community, the plan was we'd make our own. COVID derailed that.
3. Bernie's 2020 performance is irrelevant in Delaware. The Presidential primary was July. In 2016, he got about 30,000 votes... which is actually roughly the same as both 2018 and 2020 Senate primaries.
4. Bernie's campaign was rife with its own issues in 2016 and 2020, and that's kind of a separate topic.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

remember when sofia coppola made a prestige movie about how marie antoinette wasnt all that bad that just made her look like kind of a twit and very helpfully omitted the part where she tries to solicit help from a foreign army to imply she didnt know what was going on

IIRC the current historical thought is that marie purposefully made things worse repeatedly in order to help her family in Austria overtake french influence in their satellite states, but she hosed up and got herself murdered

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

What I'm hearing is that Sinema must be Chaotic Good

chaotic neutral at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jabbotthabit/status/1368260539084922883?s=19