Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/1368414771318431747?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Street Horrrsing posted:

Was that actually a submission

Head and arm triangle and drew tapped so I'd say so

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Goofballs posted:

Have these guys ever fought each other? Like the thing where they lock their legs behind the other guy's knees seems to make it really hard to defend but I don't recall seeing a defence against it.

They fight a bunch of other Caucasians and Russians before they get to the UFC.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Lol at the ferguson call out

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

It's so cool watching the way these dudes just immediately break down any kind of post or base their opponents try to get. just ruthlessly methodical

and when Dober tried to lock him down he immediately worked to get the leg free and get to side control. you're just hosed as soon as the guy's on top of you

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Street Horrrsing posted:

Was that actually a submission
Normally you want to be on the same side as the choke for a head/arm, but Makhachev is uhhh really good.
Works even better on people with big shoulders too.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

That was a good fight, good job Islam

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's time for cHaMpChAmPcHaMpChAmPcHaMp :toot: (I love the thread title)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goofballs posted:

Have these guys ever fought each other? Like the thing where they lock their legs behind the other guy's knees seems to make it really hard to defend but I don't recall seeing a defence against it.

Yeah, they beat the gently caress out of eachother since they're young - like super young and they have all kinds of weird grapply man games they do as warm ups.

As for the lockdown behind the leg, there is a defense against it but its hard when hip control is outstanding and they control your arms, normally you sinch up and posture hard while trapping the arm on the lock down side to get your weight out but in MMA if someone is smashing your face in it becomes a whole other kettle of fish.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

They fight a bunch of other Caucasians and Russians before they get to the UFC.

I'm not hardcore enough to go watch all that. I'm just seeing that in the ufc there doesn't seem to be a response to it and I wonder what the response is.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This man is scared as gently caress.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

I definitely don't follow MMA as fanatically as i did back when I bought this AV about a decade ago. I really like what I've seen from Aljo before, but I'm not sure I've seen Yan fight. What does he do well?

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Nate needs to fight or shut the gently caress up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i would imagine since all the sambo dagestani guys are so tight, it would be difficult to get any of them into camp with you to help you prepare to fight their homie

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Balthesar posted:

Nate needs to fight or shut the gently caress up

Agreed, it's getting annoying. Sign a contract or gently caress off already

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

when he's right, he's right

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The real tragedy of Khabib retiring has nothing to do with lightweight. I think its that we won't get a superfight between the nightmare and Khabib because tbh, in watching this sport for over a decade I can't imagine a better fight between two better fighters at any time in history between any two fighters from history.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
is mark smith gonna oversee another death?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Go aljo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

BlindSite posted:

The real tragedy of Khabib retiring has nothing to do with lightweight. I think its that we won't get a superfight between the nightmare and Khabib because tbh, in watching this sport for over a decade I can't imagine a better fight between two better fighters at any time in history between any two fighters from history.

maybe after diego fights cowboy they can set it up

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yan looks a bit like that bad dude from limitless but he's like a loving robot - just wades forward under guard and launches bombs. I loving love it.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Extremely my poo poo so far

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Great round

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Extremely good first round

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Exciting first round

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this fight rules :stare:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That was a sick round with a crazy pace.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

maybe after diego fights cowboy they can set it up

c'mon bruh you know I mean the nigerian kind, not the cartwheeling dream. I been getting into them hitters don't do me like that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
hell yes

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

this fucckin owns so far

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
These have been some goofy takedowns that I'm all here for.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Sterling is doing 10 mins of movement in 5 mins, needs to breathe.

I always think of Yan as hittable because he's so static but gently caress is his defense sound as gently caress.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Yan is very strong

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
that's like the 3rd time aljo does some extremely half assed spinning poo poo and gives up his back

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Yan is very strong

Right? Aljo has good pace but Yan just looks like a dad wrestling his kid when he gets his hands on him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yan isn't throwing much and is constantly being backed into the cage.

Looks like he's throwing more this round.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Aljo is getting too sloppy in this. Scaring me as it goes by

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yan isn't throwing much and is constantly being backed into the cage.

Looks like he's throwing more this round.

Just about everything he lands is crazy effective. That sweep was gorgeous just now

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

The Automator posted:

Just about everything he lands is crazy effective. That sweep was gorgeous just now

It's cool yeah but it looked like he took off the second round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
That osoto gari 😍😍😍