Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Uh uhhh maybe she picked it up when she moved for school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Uh uhhh maybe she picked it up when she moved for school

Which college is on Staton Island again?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The one that exists on MCU staten island that she then transferred out of to go to Jane's school because no one wants to be on staten island

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Things Hayward Did That You Get Arrested For:
  • Attempted murder of two children
  • Attempted murder of fellow agent
  • Carried out drone strike on American suburb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Which college is on Staton Island again?

Wagner

and CSI, which is a CUNY school

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

Wagner

and CSI, which is a CUNY school

Oh, those aren't bad.

Still don't why Darcy would affect a Staton island accent if she didn't grow up with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Those kids don’t exist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Those kids don’t exist.

Attempted murder of a fellow agent and drone strike on a suburb are pretty bad by themselves, ignoring the kids.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Oh, those aren't bad.

Still don't why Darcy would affect a Staton island accent if she didn't grow up with it.

Sometimes you pick one up without trying

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapnAndy posted:

It's fine, he felt bad about it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

CapnAndy posted:

All of these would be acceptable in the real world.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E: Nm joke doesn't work

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Those kids don’t exist.

He didn't know that at the time. His one source of intel, Monica, told him the kids were real.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Did we ever find out what happened to the "beekeeper" dude or did she just wipe his rear end out of fuckin' existence?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

XboxPants posted:

Did we ever find out what happened to the "beekeeper" dude or did she just wipe his rear end out of fuckin' existence?

He popped up periodically in the town in background shots after that episode , he got integrated into the Hex.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Did people get really mad there was no actual AIM connection or did they just get over it quickly?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

It's fine, he felt bad about it

He doesn't have super powers so he has to go to jail. Also I don't think he felt bad about any of it.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dawgstar posted:

Did people get really mad there was no actual AIM connection or did they just get over it quickly?

I dunno about anyone else but I thought it was a fun little visual nod. I was just asking 'cause it seemed like something that Heyward and SWORD immediately put aside like it never happened, and if he died that would have been pretty lovely. I didn't get the impression he was particularly concerned with the wellbeing of his agents.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

If she's let totally off the hook for it in strange 2, then I'll agree that it's bad it didn't happen here or there. But I just don't think that's gonna happen.

It’s not like the movies have a track record of doing exactly that or anything.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ruddiger posted:

It’s not like the movies have a track record of doing exactly that or anything.

Remember that time Tony Stark gave murder drones to a high school student?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Skwirl posted:

Sorry but I don’t, I’m still distracted from the time he built Ultron and then decided that the best repercussion for that would be for everyone else to be put under strict supervision with him in charge of it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CapnAndy posted:

Sorry but I don’t, I’m still distracted from the time he built Ultron and then decided that the best repercussion for that would be for everyone else to be put under strict supervision with him in charge of it

Tony's a fool, but I do appreciate that the conflict in Civil War (Tony not trusting anyone without oversight, Cap not trusting anyone to oversee things) directly comes from their past movies.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This talk of old movies did remind me that I thought Wanda doing the old wibbly wobbly mind freak from back in AoU to Agatha was cool.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bruceski posted:

Tony's a fool, but I do appreciate that the conflict in Civil War (Tony not trusting anyone without oversight, Cap not trusting anyone to oversee things) directly comes from their past movies.

It's not that Tony doesn't trust anyone without oversight, it's that he wants to be able to shift the blame

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

Agatha's only crimes were killing a bunch of witches and trying to stop someone who was foretold to end the world. Is she a villain?

Yeah I'm okay with episode 9 but I think that's what is kinda getting my goat about it. Not complaining TOO much. I loved the series. But up until the start of episode 9 Agatha could have been the hero. She's just been poking around Westview to test out whether Wanda is the Scarlett Witch and instead they gave her witch absorption powers. They could have written it so that Strange sent her to see what was going on and she accidentally got hexed along with everyone else the way that Spectrum did before slowly pulling herself out of it And they could have kept Agatha as being on the side of good....except that whole business with Sparky.

This might be a dumb question but there's a moment when they're having their Dragonball Z witch fight thing in the air and Wanda does a gesture where she sorta crosses her legs and puts her head in her hands before disappearing and it reminded me of something. Does anyone know if that's a reference ?

Mochiballs fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 7, 2021

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skwirl posted:

Tony would have faced repercussions for this heinous action, but he was a bit busy during MCU Spider-Man 2.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Agatha wasnt trying to save the world, she was trying to drain Wanda's powers for her own use.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I just watched the finale and I'm glad to see that people are talking about the big question I had too. I think the real answer, both narratively and in-universe, is that Hayward was arrested for being the Bad Guy.

Also everyone who mocked me for predicting that the finale would have beam clashes and end with Wanda presented as just flat out the Good Guy owes me a dollar.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I just watched the finale and I'm glad to see that people are talking about the big question I had too. I think the real answer, both narratively and in-universe, is that Hayward was arrested for being the Bad Guy.

Also everyone who mocked me for predicting that the finale would have beam clashes and end with Wanda presented as just flat out the Good Guy owes me a dollar.

She was not presented as flat out the good guy, she still mind controlled a bunch of people who will hate her forever and was last shown reading an evil book after being prophecised to destroy the world with her power.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vince MechMahon posted:

She was not presented as flat out the good guy, she still mind controlled a bunch of people who will hate her forever and was last shown reading an evil book after being prophecised to destroy the world with her power.

The SWORD lady literally says "They will never know what you sacrificed for them" Wanda is the one who has to be like, "nah it's cool they have some reason to be a little upset with me". Before flying away to go train on a mountain because she has other stuff to do now.

And the prophecy came from a literal evil witch. Whose argument Wanda rejected before defeating her. The evil witch was all "you are a horrible person who is going to destroy the world" and Wanda says "no I'm not" and defeats the evil witch and then gives up her perfect family in order to free the people of Westview.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

The SWORD lady literally says "They will never know what you sacrificed for them" Wanda is the one who has to be like, "nah it's cool they have some reason to be a little upset with me". Before flying away to go train on a mountain because she has other stuff to do now.

And the prophecy came from a literal evil witch. Whose argument Wanda rejected before defeating her. The evil witch was all "you are a horrible person who is going to destroy the world" and Wanda says "no I'm not" and defeats the evil witch and then gives up her perfect family in order to free the people of Westview.

Except she's now reading the evil book that the evil witch had that makes you evil when you read it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
One thing I will commend about the series is that it does manage to avoid the pratfalls of the source material, where Wanda and her issues are ultimately treated very patronizingly and, like, paternalistically by all these characters around her who know better than her what's good for her, to the point that to this day we still get condescending writers writing condescending characters who condescend to her about what an pitiful idiot she was/is/will be.

This show though...okay, maybe in some ways it leans a bit too far in the other direction, where it might have been better if someone did give her some tough love here...but we still got a very well-rounded, first-person exploration of her trauma and the character is treated like...well, like a grown-rear end woman who hosed up, yes, but doesn't need to be talked down to about it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vince MechMahon posted:

Except she's now reading the evil book that the evil witch had that makes you evil when you read it.

The book doesn't make you evil. It's got the witch lore that Wanda needs so she can be a girlboss witch and not accidentally do Wandavision again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

The book doesn't make you evil. It's got the witch lore that Wanda needs so she can be a girlboss witch and not accidentally do Wandavision again.

Isn't the darkholds entire gimmick that it's a necronomicon-esque forbidden tome that corrupts all who read it's cursed pages?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vince MechMahon posted:

Isn't the darkholds entire gimmick that it's a necronomicon-esque forbidden tome that corrupts all who read it's cursed pages?

They didn't say anything like that in the show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

They didn't say anything like that in the show.

I mean, she's not looking super heroic in that last shot but sure. Maybe they are just using the name and nothing else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They are just using the name and there will be no connection to AoS.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

They are just using the name and there will be no connection to AoS.

Yeah but it existed in the comics first and was like the cursed book of Chthon and poo poo right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's not an Agents of Shield thing. The Darkhold in the comics is a book of black magic created by Chthon that corrupts the souls of those who read it. Chthon and Wanda have a long history in the comics so they're very intently pointing in a certain direction and it's not a heroic one for Wanda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume it'll be typical Marvel Comics style "heroes battle due to misunderstanding, then team up to fight the true foe" thing. Strange and Wanda fight at the end of act 1, spend act 2 butting heads while Mordo/Cthon/whoever clowns on them, act 3 they get their poo poo together and I dunno, rescue America Chavez and Wanda's kids from the baddie by yelling Latin and wiggling their fingers at it.