Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

they didn't rescind the auto-paycuts to medicare/medicaid for the stimulus bill but I was told they will rescind the cuts before they are made. Snap of the fingers and poof! they're gone! :kiddo:

Wait medicare cuts were in the final bill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

THS posted:

this thread has improved markedly without taintrunner and Dore Chat

Since this is my most successful thread in ever, I'm going to ignore this and continue to believe it is because I made it pls protect my fragile ego

But yes I'm glad we've moved on from constantly talking about Jimothy Dore

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

Since this is my most successful thread in ever, I'm going to ignore this and continue to believe it is because I made it pls protect my fragile ego

this thread succs

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

thank you for the permission to be frustrated jake

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

nichael, you piece of poo poo, this is all your fault

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

this thread succs

That was my hope, I'm like a proud hockey dad watching his son get into a fist fight with his son's hockey coach

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

2018 was hosed because we didn't have nearly the infrastructure necessary to do it well, so let's focus on 2020.

1. We only got in contact with 15% of the electorate via field. That might sound low, but that's actually around the upper limit of what a campaign can typically speak to as most people do not answer their doors or phones.
2. Had COVID not occurred, we would've had substantially more in person events. My idea was to have constant concerts in urban areas of Delaware through the Spring and Summer. In lieu of community, the plan was we'd make our own. COVID derailed that.
3. Bernie's 2020 performance is irrelevant in Delaware. The Presidential primary was July. In 2016, he got about 30,000 votes... which is actually roughly the same as both 2018 and 2020 Senate primaries.
4. Bernie's campaign was rife with its own issues in 2016 and 2020, and that's kind of a separate topic.

I don't disagree COVID hosed over a lot things. To be honest I don't know gently caress all about 2018 and really only 2020 because of your posting about it. I just don't know what anything that passes itself off as Left wing in the national scale could have done to help you out. Both because of COVID and that these organizations seem to be all lead by ladder climbers hell bent on curbing radicalism

Hell you did better than me after Bernie betrayed us I fell into a deep despair throughout 2020 so at least you were actively trying to improve things, so this is not a criticism of you

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nichael posted:

HEY NATIONAL LEFT, MAYBE YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE PAID ATTENTION TO DELAWARE IN 2018 AND 2020

:smith:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

But yes I'm glad we've moved on from constantly talking about Jimothy Dore

That and there's been a large decrease in idiot liberals Krammering in too talk about FTV and Jimmy Dore, and those that were run out of the old thread just keep to other threads secure in their thinking that they were never proven wrong

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

I love obama because he’s such a piece of poo poo cynical hypocrite ghoul he always gives up the game about himself and mutters the truth about his shittines from how disgusted he is with the people who voted for him.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Raiad posted:

chaotic neutral at best

Actually maybe the R/D situation is more of a Blood War kind of deal

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nichael posted:

HEY NATIONAL LEFT, MAYBE YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE PAID ATTENTION TO DELAWARE IN 2018 AND 2020

Yes, yes, that's all very well but WHY DID YOU NOT WARN US ABOUT THIS, NICHAEL?!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bugs bunny cutting Florida gif except it's Delaware

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nichael posted:

You should try to run a republican campaign in delaware, it would have a better chance of working

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

KomradeX posted:

That and there's been a large decrease in idiot liberals Krammering in too talk about FTV and Jimmy Dore, and those that were run out of the old thread just keep to other threads secure in their thinking that they were never proven wrong

What were they saying about FTV and Dore?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

KomradeX posted:

I don't disagree COVID hosed over a lot things. To be honest I don't know gently caress all about 2018 and really only 2020 because of your posting about it. I just don't know what anything that passes itself off as Left wing in the national scale could have done to help you out. Both because of COVID and that these organizations seem to be all lead by ladder climbers hell bent on curbing radicalism

Hell you did better than me after Bernie betrayed us I fell into a deep despair throughout 2020 so at least you were actively trying to improve things, so this is not a criticism of you

Money, press, and volunteers would've helped a lot from organizations like Sunrise and leftist news outlets.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i lead a double life with one of my identities being in delaware and the only reason i didn't vote for jess was because i was sick of seeing the posts. i could've voted multiple times, too. from hell's heart i stab at thee.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Actually maybe the R/D situation is more of a Blood War kind of deal

chant like that's liable to get a berk mazed

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

Money, press, and volunteers would've helped a lot from organizations like Sunrise and leftist news outlets.

The volunteers and money ould probably have helped, though I don't know if it'd have put you over. The press is harder since there's a concerted effort to ignore the Left in anything that isn't a negative light in both local and national media.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I LOVE empowered woke female politicians!

go forth & slay!!!!

dance a little jig before voting NO! xddd

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I was also annoyed by nicheals posts

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
if nichael just posted a little more Jess would have won

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I think I value donations and volunteers more than people being annoyed at posts.

Also, I created content.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

KomradeX posted:

The volunteers and money ould probably have helped, though I don't know if it'd have put you over. The press is harder since there's a concerted effort to ignore the Left in anything that isn't a negative light in both local and national media.

I feel like more peer pressure on the boomers on facebook would have probably helped. Those loving rear end in a top hat were only ever going to back a winner and it was clear there were only 5-6 of us constantly hitting the boomer facebook

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

but how was your pun game? it was weak, and now we have coons for eternity. think about that poo poo. reflect on it

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
you can't fault nichael for trying to do something, even if it might have been hopeless it was still worth doing

I think the primary kinda proved to us that the dem party establishment and the media have an incredibly solid grasp on who is acceptable in the primary and the only people who vote in Dem primaries are people who think the media is trustworthy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

I feel like more peer pressure on the boomers on facebook would have probably helped. Those loving rear end in a top hat were only ever going to back a winner and it was clear there were only 5-6 of us constantly hitting the boomer facebook

delaware's boomers are obsessed with facebook

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Nichael posted:

delaware's boomers are obsessed with facebook

I deleted my account on like september 16th. what a loving trash site but god drat all those old fucks are there.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Shipon posted:

you can't fault nichael for trying to do something, even if it might have been hopeless it was still worth doing

I think the primary kinda proved to us that the dem party establishment and the media have an incredibly solid grasp on who is acceptable in the primary and the only people who vote in Dem primaries are people who think the media is trustworthy

primary voters are absolutely insane, yes. I'm not really sure what you can ever do about that if you're somewhere where you gotta run dem if you want to run at all

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

I think Boomers (and Gen X) fully internalized that Left politics is a loser, Reaganism is forever so nothing can convince them of the alternative. It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism, etc. Etc. Etc

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

stellers bae posted:

if nichael just posted a little more Jess would have won

he went after post count and not emptyquote count. big mistake.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

were up to five now by the way

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1368402144278306817

any comment from the woman who said four was going too far

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the entire liberal media class is patting the dems on the back for introducing a $1.9 trillion bill in january and not cutting hundreds of billions before passing it, which like sure i guess but isn’t that like way over congratulating them for doing what they said they would (but also while stripping $15/hour and tens of millions of stimmy checks from it)?

the tone of it is so boot licky (yeah they’re journalists)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Well I hope all the blue check dems guffawing at Texas suffering and dying in a winter storm compounded by government regulatory capture and an insane neoliberal ideology are getting their surprised Pikachu faces ready for the next thing that hits California

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1368448988530216961?s=20

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

I was also annoyed by nicheals posts

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sorry to interrupt the high quality "trmrop going to win" posts of the summer 2020 period of c-spam with doing things

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Raise your hand if you were personally victimized by Nichael's posting

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nichael posted:

does Sunrise actually have many people. I assumed they got press because they their organizers went to the same schools as the reporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Nichael's posting was annoying and eventually became white noise to me, but I get fighting and clinging to something as everything falls around you.

... Anyway, glass Delaware