Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

stockholm syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
those numbers are probably accurate but I also feel like Siena makes them up for most of their polls considering the cohort of people there

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

In the past month I've applied to like 3 jobs, all out of CONUS. I want out of this state and country in general.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Reposting from other thread.

https://twitter.com/norbitofficial/status/1364305996114325510

Andrew Yang, the candidate of stuy kids who 100% deserve their bullying.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Tiiiiiiiimmmmmberrrrrrrrr

https://medium.com/@lindseyboylan4NY/my-story-of-working-with-governor-cuomo-e664d4814b4e

Ed. Well this isn't embedding because I've forgotten how to post on forums apparently, but it's a former Cuomo aide talking about the culture of sexual harassment Cuomo engendered. De Blasio is already swooping in:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/25/andrew-cuomo-lindsey-boylan-sexual-harassment-claims-bill-de-blasio

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

betaraywil posted:

Tiiiiiiiimmmmmberrrrrrrrr

https://medium.com/@lindseyboylan4NY/my-story-of-working-with-governor-cuomo-e664d4814b4e

Ed. Well this isn't embedding because I've forgotten how to post on forums apparently, but it's a former Cuomo aide talking about the culture of sexual harassment Cuomo engendered. De Blasio is already swooping in:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/25/andrew-cuomo-lindsey-boylan-sexual-harassment-claims-bill-de-blasio

My dad is a typical Manhattan dem who has been gobbling up Cumo's Strongman Act all pandemic. I brought Cuomo up and dad suggested someone is orchestrating this, maybe it's Republicans, maybe it's Trump's people, but someone SOMEONE is out to get him.

I detailed how the allegations are coming from multiple public figures and verified by others, he didn't seem to know any of the poo poo with Ron Kim or about the other staffers.

His heart is in the right place, but it sucks that we're gonna have to deal with liberals defending this guy in this way.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Leon Sumbitches posted:

My dad is a typical Manhattan dem who has been gobbling up Cumo's Strongman Act all pandemic. I brought Cuomo up and dad suggested someone is orchestrating this, maybe it's Republicans, maybe it's Trump's people, but someone SOMEONE is out to get him.

I detailed how the allegations are coming from multiple public figures and verified by others, he didn't seem to know any of the poo poo with Ron Kim or about the other staffers.

His heart is in the right place, but it sucks that we're gonna have to deal with liberals defending this guy in this way.

some of our faves

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
https://nycvaccinelist.com/

Thousands, if not TENS of thousands of appointments have opened up at the borough-specific sites at Medgar Evers (Brooklyn) and York (Queens), as well as at the citywide site at Javits. No new qualifying groups have been added yet, but for anyone in the current groups, that's a lot of dang appointments!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
idk how many are left but a ton of appointments went up for early april at some upstate locations too (SUNY Albany had a bunch)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
cuomo might actually go down

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
speaking for my inlaws who work in and around the administration how dare these women challenge such a great man! he definitely believes in all the progressive policy pablum technocratic garbo that even if it was helpful to people isn’t actually ever implemented regardless of the propaganda that tells you it’s being done!

well her threshold for what’s inappropriate isn’t calibrated correctly, I routinely suffer silently which is, in fact, Good and not Bad

he’s such a pro political operator he would NEVER do something like this

etc

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

at the very least, Andrea Stewart-Cousins will have to come up with a new excuse for doing nothing after going "oh there needs to be a fourth accuser for me to believe it" and then 4 and 5 showed up the following day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

god willing

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

GalacticAcid posted:

Can't wait, though who would follow him is not something I'm excited to find out.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tulip posted:

Can't wait, though who would follow him is not something I'm excited to find out.

According to Twitter it's clearly a Republican governor who's going to pardon Trump for his NYS crimes. :rolleyes:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Tulip posted:

Her name is Kathy Hochul, and

Absurd Alhazred posted:

According to Twitter it's clearly a Republican governor

This part is more or less true, if not the dumb pardon paranoia.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CaptainPsyko posted:

This part is more or less true, if not the dumb pardon paranoia.

I'm looking at past elections for Governor and even Pataki, the last Republican who won, in 2002, didn't break 50, instead benefitting from a split vote. Astorino in 2014 was the next highest at a bit over 40. Is the Democratic bench so bad off that there's nobody they could run to beat a Republican next year other than Cuomo?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm looking at past elections for Governor and even Pataki, the last Republican who won, in 2002, didn't break 50, instead benefitting from a split vote. Astorino in 2014 was the next highest at a bit over 40. Is the Democratic bench so bad off that there's nobody they could run to beat a Republican next year other than Cuomo?

given how abysmal the republican bench is, it'd take a remarkable faceplant for any dem to lose a gubernatorial race

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

nobody gives a poo poo about the SAFE act any more, after all

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

kitten emergency posted:

nobody gives a poo poo about the SAFE act any more, after all

The last image I saw plastered around was complaining about Cuomo's abortion agenda or something. And that was a couple of years ago.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You gotta beat Cuomo in the primary first, and that's not going to happen while he has the support of the Democratic establishment.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I’m not talking about the 2022 election, I’m talking about what we’re about to have between Cuomo’s inevitable impeach-ignation and whoever rides in on a white horse to save us in 18 months.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

👀

https://twitter.com/ZackFinkNews/status/1368653562570539009?s=20

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

yeah i was about to come here to post that, drat

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I wonder if there's a family angle on this, as his brother's been employed at CNN for some time and could potentially suppress any sort of news like this about his brother coming to light

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Victory Position posted:

I wonder if there's a family angle on this, as his brother's been employed at CNN for some time and could potentially suppress any sort of news like this about his brother coming to light

how would this work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's going to be an awful year and a half with Gov Hochul lol

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Victory Position posted:

lmao his brother's a cable news anchor, that's basically just an actor who reads a teleprompter

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I'm getting my crab rave google search ready.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

He’s probably too much of an egomaniac to resign.
:munch:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's no way he resigns, guess we're all just waiting at this point to see if the state assembly Dems have the spine to submit articles of impeachment. it would be dope if they did.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/NickReisman/status/1367980190081679362?s=20

Looks like Cuomo felt safe calling for an investigation because his office already tampered with evidence

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cynthia Nixon having a grand ol' time.

https://twitter.com/CynthiaNixon/status/1368617079000154112

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You gotta beat Cuomo in the primary first, and that's not going to happen while he has the support of the Democratic establishment.

My impression is that they are arguing that him resigning will lead to the Trumpocalypse here somehow, rather than just talking about how this'll play out in the primaries in which he'd still be running.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I’m not talking about the 2022 election, I’m talking about what we’re about to have between Cuomo’s inevitable impeach-ignation and whoever rides in on a white horse to save us in 18 months.

You mean current Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul, a Democrat? Is she magically going to become a Republican as soon as she takes office?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You mean current Lt. Governor Kathy Hochul, a Democrat? Is she magically going to become a Republican as soon as she takes office?

'More or Less'

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Do you honestly still subscribe to this puerile dichotomy of Democrat=Good and Republican=Bad?

By your own account the state got to the limping, decrepit place it is by virtue of an uninterrupted string of Democratic leadership

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Mar 8, 2021

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

CaptainPsyko posted:

'More or Less'

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

upstate Dems are basically republicans too embarrassed to hang out with the Carl Paladino Crew. hth

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CaptainPsyko posted:

'More or Less'

Either Cuomo is already as bad as a Republican and therefore this whole line of speculation is spurious or he isn't. Pick a lane.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Do you honestly still subscribe to this puerile dichotomy of Democrat=Good and Republican=Bad?

By your own account the state got to the limping, decrepit place it is by virtue of an uninterrupted string of Democratic leadership

What the hell does that have to do with idiots on Twitter claiming that this is all a ploy to put a Republican in office who will give Trump a pardon from New York state crimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

A lot of people on this forum, myself included, are of the opinion that there’s no daylight between reps and dems.

Regardless of his party affiliation, I’ve hated Cuomo since he vetoed universal PreK and I’m glad to see this whole thing go down.