Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Judakel posted:

the naacp are a bunch of sellouts and this has been the case for a while

They went to bat for Prop 22 here, gently caress them they're corporate owned now

hell yeah dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I hope cuomo never resigns and the allegations just keep stacking up. Theres a lot of dnd style liberals who were happy to drop kick metoo for biden's racist old rear end, but also wanting to bring it right back now for cuomo to act like they've cared all along, and I hope every one of them has to just watch cuomo never resign, never face punishment.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tom Guycot posted:

I hope cuomo never resigns and the allegations just keep stacking up. Theres a lot of dnd style liberals who were happy to drop kick metoo for biden's racist old rear end, but also wanting to bring it right back now for cuomo to act like they've cared all along, and I hope every one of them has to just watch cuomo never resign, never face punishment.

if he never faces punishment that will serve as proof that he was guiltless

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

In Training posted:

the replies are nuts. is this liberal Q

Liberal q is thinking the waitress spit in your mimosa because they're jealous of your looks, when really boh spit in it because they hate your guts

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tom Guycot posted:

I'd rather he didn't continue to have quite as much power to do so many bad things, personally.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Majorian posted:

I'd rather he didn't continue to have quite as much power to do so many bad things, personally.

Same but it's not like my preference is going to make dems good so

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tom Guycot posted:

Ralph northam pulled this off ages ago and wasn't even allowed to moonwalk

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Majorian posted:

If you leave him in, he'll do enough bad things that it'll trigger an overflow error and he'll be good again. Would a republican do that? No of course not, vbnmw

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

he hesitated, though

for a glorious couple of seconds, he considered it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamieson/status/1368605701849907203

I don’t know who this guy is, but it seems like he’s making a bullshit arguement.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

18 months from now: poverty levels largely unchanged

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/kanngera/status/1368649051038695424
searching cuomo on twitter is great

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

maybe this is controversial but doing blackface decades ago is not remotely at the same level of repeated sexual assaults

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamieson/status/1368605701849907203

I don’t know who this guy is, but it seems like he’s making a bullshit arguement.

I know a lot of struggling families that didn't ask for means tested 2k 1.4k checks and a complicated tax credit shell game, so please don't give them any help whatsoever, in accordance with my insincere interpretation of their wishes.

Insurance companies were they only ones explicitly asking for a giant handout in the form of aca subsidies (since they wrote it) so they can have it. It's only fair.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

it's remarkable how hard the democrats just owned me making me totally wrong - they didn't make it means tested eitc on next year's taxes at all

it was child tax credit on next year's taxes

man I'm owned

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

happy that this most progressive legislation in 75 years is passed. america is back!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it is deeply funny and emblematic of dem politics that cuomo will be booted over sexual harassment and not over sending 10k olds to the death camps lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
or w/e it is? rape? who the hell cares. just fat stacks of dead ppl being completely peripheral to to the guy being governor lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How do you read this headline and think that the article is going to be even remotely objective? $1400 dollar one time payment is now showering money and solving poverty? Like they are setting themselves up to be discredited when a tax break and a rent payment aren't New Deal 2.0 and the entire right wing is saying they are a controlled media.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 01:07 on Mar 8, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Shipon posted:

maybe this is controversial but doing blackface decades ago is not remotely at the same level of repeated sexual assaults

But its more than a little creepy that it was basically every white politician in Virginia doing it, and the decade they were doing it in was the 80's.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

But its more than a little creepy that it was basically every white politician in Virginia doing it, and the decade they were doing it in was the 80's.

It's funny since once again it's a result of absorbing all the "socially liberal" Republicans that left the party certainly not because the Democrats have moved to the right on practically every issue.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

the freakout people have about blackface as if it were the same thing as police brutality, instead of some outdated racially insensitive thing people no longer should be doing, is insane

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Excelzior posted:

he hesitated, though

for a glorious couple of seconds, he considered it.

The timeline where he moonwalked is the same timeline where bernie was a Chad instead of a cuck.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, masks off for the u.s. media.

IT'S RAINING MONEY, PLEBES. NOW STFU AND GET BACK TO WORK.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

theres a restaurant in LA called "B*tch Don't Grill My Cheese," and it pisses me off because
1) thats the clumsiest appropriation of a Kendrick line that anyone has ever committed
2) youre using it to sell boutique grilled cheese
3) you put an asterisk in there which means at some point someone wrote the word "bitch," then thought, whoa lets maybe not go too crazy here

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"defining move of presidency" is lib-speak for "lol if you think he's gonna lift a finger for anything else for the masses."

proof: obamacare, the defining move of the eight years of his presidency.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Shipon posted:

the freakout people have about blackface as if it were the same thing as police brutality, instead of some outdated racially insensitive thing people no longer should be doing, is insane

hey, hey, hey

there was and is a much larger media focus on the blackface freakouts than on police brutality

wonder why

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

racism is provolone plus power

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

"defining move of presidency" is lib-speak for "lol if you think he's gonna lift a finger for anything else for the masses."

proof: obamacare, the defining move of the eight years of his presidency.

yeah, there's a lot of posturing to make this their "thing."

we're in for some hard, bewildering coasting.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

these are the worst people on the planet

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao, masks off for the u.s. media.

IT'S RAINING MONEY, PLEBES. NOW STFU AND GET BACK TO WORK.

You could absolutely write an article that has a bias but in a more nuanced way that still leads the reader to the conclusion the writer wants. However every article about this bill is so over the top I have to believe the intent is to gaslight where you have to ask "maybe I'm crazy and 1400 bucks and a tax credit IS going to lead us to a Golden age if everyone on TV and in the newspaper is screaming it at me..."

Like it's no longer about subtlety, just give everyone the They Live glasses and say "you love this gently caress you"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

In Training posted:

the replies are nuts. is this liberal Q

the proper term is “blue anon” for future reference

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Insanite posted:

yeah, there's a lot of posturing to make this their "thing."

we're in for some hard, bewildering coasting.

Yeah like if anyone has the audacity to report on living conditions they are going to be jumped on with these articles used as fact checking.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

it is deeply funny and emblematic of dem politics that cuomo will be booted over sexual harassment and not over sending 10k olds to the death camps lol

if they went after the senior-genocide creators like cuomo, they'd have to get rid of the dem govs of IL, PA, MN, NJ, & MI as well.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

It's all been so increasingly blatant for years I can't help but think it's an in-joke to see who can write the worst possible thing

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

on one hand thats some boomer-rear end branding

on the other, hey $1 grilled cheese

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

or w/e it is? rape? who the hell cares. just fat stacks of dead ppl being completely peripheral to to the guy being governor lol

if they went after pritzker for nursing-home deaths it'd be fat stacks of dead people next to the fat stack of the governor.

(jk; they'll never mention the other governors who killed elders)

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Shipon posted:

Its a reminder that these guys are the descendants of slave owners, and behind closed doors, they support everything our boys in blue do to keep our peculiar institution running smoothly.

People don't like having to think about that. They like to still hope that they will be saved.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Are the first 2 stimulus bills the defining moments of Trump's presidency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

This is operated by some skinny hipster looking guy, right?