Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

the wario to peach's mario already exists

it's pauline

it's captain syrup, please respect the lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t daisy in Mario odyssey?

According to the Super Mario Wiki, the only platformer she is in is the original Super Mario Land where she was introduced.

I remember raising this question when wondering why Rosalina was in Super Mario 3D World but not Daisy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Isn't she like waluigi where her entire point of existence was to be peach's tennis partner

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can be Daisy in Super Mario Run - she's got a double jump so maybe she's just too powerful for the mainline Mario games

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

NINTENDO DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW:

Daisy is a Goomba with a Super Crown

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
She rules Sarasaland and seems to be able to handle things herself except when actual aliens attack and bring all the Moai heads to life

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

we don't talk about Pauline

Pauline owns because in Odyssey she is the only elected head of government and they literally say "we want to show the world you don't have to be ruled by kings"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Gonna sit everyone down and make y'all watch the Mario movie to internalize the lore.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

it's captain syrup, please respect the lore

no pauline is peach's wario, captain syrup is wario's peach, please understand

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

This implies that wario is out to save captain syrup when wario never cares about any women he has interacted with and his true love is money with garlic at a close second

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Wario already had a princess, whose appearance changed based on how much treasure you left the Golden Pyramid with:

Also she's probably dead, which easily puts her ahead of all the currently-living monarchs in the Mario universe.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

this actually makes a lot of sense to me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

FirstAidKite posted:

This implies that wario is out to save captain syrup when wario never cares about any women he has interacted with and his true love is money with garlic at a close second

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I legit enjoy that Wario has a more developed lore and supporting cast than Mario does

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Macaluso posted:

My friends for whatever reason are suddenly getting into League of Legends. I'm trying to play it with them since they're so into it but man after playing HOTS for so long it's just like playing HOTS but everything is more annoying. There's a bunch of stuff I don't like about how LoL handles things compared to HOTS that I could sit here and list out, but the biggest thing that I don't like is the last hitting mechanic (which is directly tied to the shop, another mechanic I don't like). HOTS streamlines all this and it's rough trying to play LoL with my friends. LoL fans I'm sure love the "complexity" or whatever but I am too old and tired for this. Bulldozing through a bunch of structures as a tiny fish boy is so much better

HoTs was also fun because it had a bunch of different maps and modes, you weren't doing the same thing over and over just trying to do it slightly better each time.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

FirstAidKite posted:

you're not wrong, here is how i see it: whereas mario is reactive (save the kingdom/peach after some calamity) within his otherwise life of sport and leisure, wario is proactive. he hunts for treasure, he built a business. also, as i have explained before, wario is volcel. therefore his peach would not be a love interest to save, but a rival to challenge him.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wario wore a toilet on his head because it was shiny

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That's not an attempt to debunk or support anything else anyone has posted so far, I just thought it was important to mention.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

Wario wore a toilet on his head because it was shiny

You do not, in fact, "gotta hand it to" Wario

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’ll hand it to wario but then I’ll write it off and never ask for it back

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/PWSWGb8.mp4

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Speaking of Wa-

https://youtu.be/L3XnKr0lvDw

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Love it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The gently caress did I just watch?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

this is very cool

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Simone Magus posted:

Speaking of Wa-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPgLTgWa99w

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021
Re: Arby’s chat. Arby’s is very into slavery, to like a level of evil that is notable for even fast food. sorry guys.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I just watched an ADGQ video of Megaman X6. That was one of the first games I owned, and--even though I still enjoy playing the game because of the PS1 MMX engine and general Stockholm Syndrome--seeing that shoddy loving game get busted right open definitely made for one of the most cathartic game videos I've seen in a while. Silly momentum shifting, multiple dash exploits, straight up invulnerability bugs... it had it all.

I found out there's a patch for X6 that's supposed to make it an easier play, but I've had a terrible time making it work, and all that post-16 bit :filez: stuff is beyond me.

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 8, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

If I feel like I am starting to get tired of a game but still want to beat it, I'll sometimes check out the speedrun for the game and see if there's any quick way to power through whatever part I don't like

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MarsPearl posted:

Re: Arby’s chat. Arby’s is very into slavery, to like a level of evil that is notable for even fast food. sorry guys.

Wait what

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Persona 5 Strikers has truly begun

Yakisoba... it's everywhere...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1368825109016887297

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

warby

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

next warioware premise: Warby's...

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I booted up Dark Souls 3 just out of curiosity now that I’ve played Bloodborne a whole lot and huh, this game feels like a prototype for BB’s fast fluid combat and aggressive enemy attacks which is weird. I got constantly ambushed though. Like a lot. Like so loving much. Bloodborne really spoils you on getting sucker punched since enemies are usually making voice.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Bloodborne came out before ds3

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Yeah, Dark Souls 3 is really bad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

also, as i have explained before, wario is volcel

Other notable video game volcels include Mega Man, all the Belmonts except Richter, both Ryus and Leon Kennedy

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021

Wendy’s/Arby’s use slave labour for their ingredients and were like the only fast food chain that refused to join an agreement to fight slavery in their supply chain. They even moved their sourcing to Mexico in response to American tomato farms improving conditions for workers.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Yeah I know, that’s why it feels weird that its gameplay so far feels like the missing link between DS1 and BB before they realized “huh maybe fast rolling by default would own???” and other stuff that makes BB feel more fluid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Next month is the five year anniversary of me telling myself ill play dark souls 3