Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Leal posted:

Koei really don't like dropping the price of any of their games. I'm still being burned by getting attack on titan 2 for full price (it only ever went on sale once before my purchase), then like a month later they released a DLC for it that comes with base game... but not if you already bought it. In which case they, to this day, still want 40 bucks for it.

Haha what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Leal posted:

Koei really don't like dropping the price of any of their games. I'm still being burned by getting attack on titan 2 for full price (it only ever went on sale once before my purchase), then like a month later they released a DLC for it that comes with base game... but not if you already bought it. In which case they, to this day, still want 40 bucks for it.

Fumaofthelake posted:

Haha what the gently caress

The prices for the console physical copies tend to drop but they are usually in limited supply and any digital, especially any of the licensed properties, very rarely have sales.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

The prices for the console physical copies tend to drop but they are usually in limited supply and any digital, especially any of the licensed properties, very rarely have sales.

The weird dlc thing specifically is baffling

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Fumaofthelake posted:

The weird dlc thing specifically is baffling

Yeah it is. Out of curiosity I looked at the price for the COSTUME DLC in Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, all it does is give everyone an alternate yukata, and it is still a WHOPPING $42.99 for the whole set at once. Didn't bother to add up the prices of the individual packs, that's ridiculous.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Warriors 5 adding Azai and Oichi.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Dee posted:

Yeah it is. Out of curiosity I looked at the price for the COSTUME DLC in Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, all it does is give everyone an alternate yukata, and it is still a WHOPPING $42.99 for the whole set at once. Didn't bother to add up the prices of the individual packs, that's ridiculous.

still more customer friendly than DoA dlc. Those games can cost literally thousands if you buy every dlc

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm just curious about what Hisahide's new look is going to be like.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm just curious about what Hisahide's new look is going to be like.

Hoping for literal spider with smug human face.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Playing a bit of the newest RTK+ expansions release, the relatively hands off simultaneous turns are interesting. Some stuff is a little weird and tedious though (I always need more officers, do I have to manually assign someone to search every single turn?)

There is a looooooot of stuff you can do to fine tune it, from just adding your own officers to building your own events and customizing start postions/sizes and game rules. At any point you can take your campaign to edit mode and make changes as well, or just set it to AI mode.

I enjoy it on the switch handheld for the novelty but I'd say the UI is a bit clunky and PC would be a better experience

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Apparently this is a thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DH4GMQ_A3Y

Looks hilarious

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

lurksion posted:

Apparently this is a thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DH4GMQ_A3Y

Looks hilarious

Got me W H E E Z Eing ten seconds in. :roflolmao:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there a mainline Dynasty Warriors game that game be played coop on PC? Maybe through Remote Play splitscreen or something.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yuan Shao looks PERFECT in that trailer.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Takoluka posted:

Yuan Shao looks PERFECT in that trailer.

I was about to say the same thing lol It's uncanny

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Looks like a perfect movie in every respect. If only they released a bad English dub like early DW games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I cannot believe they are finally going to pursue Lu Bu.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I never knew I wanted a Dynasty Warriors movie so bad.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I want them to dub that movie with the voice cast from the games.

Also I cannot wait to see Zhang He.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Show me the Suns.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Cao Cao better drat WELL laugh at Yuan Shao

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Please let there be a Dynasty Warriors: The Movie: The Game

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Please let there be a Dynasty Warriors: The Movie: The Game

100% Street Fighter the Movie the Arcade Game style character models

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

KOEI we deserve 3D rotoscoped models

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Jack Trades posted:

Is there a mainline Dynasty Warriors game that game be played coop on PC? Maybe through Remote Play splitscreen or something.
DW7 and DW8 both support this, yes.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I've played DW8 with my brother on a single PC and you probably need a big monitor (or two), but it's fine

FuckLacedFusillade
Jan 21, 2005
Legendary Dark Knight
Some recent SW5 news:

Hyper attacks are back. (I know that’s going to make one poster here very unhappy!)
4 special skills like Pirate Warriors 4 (R1 + face buttons I think) that consume a gauge of some kind.
Nagamasa uses a scimitar-like katana.
Oichi uses paper charms and origami as her weapon apparently???
Tadakatsu and Toshiie use spears.
Tadakatsu is not yet recognised as a legendary invincible warrior yet, but will grow into that that reputation over the course of the game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I want to introduce someone who's interested in RotTK story to Dynasty Warriors and the choices are basically DW8 or DW7 split-screen coop. Any of them would be better than the other for this purpose?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DW7 is the only game in the series (that I'm aware of) that actually tries to tell the Romance story in a fashion that people not familiar with it could follow instead of just being a cliff notes version for people who already know it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1369772810122461187

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still hoping for Dosan Saito, the Viper of Mino.

FuckLacedFusillade
Jan 21, 2005
Legendary Dark Knight

Sakurazuka posted:

DW7 is the only game in the series (that I'm aware of) that actually tries to tell the Romance story in a fashion that people not familiar with it could follow instead of just being a cliff notes version for people who already know it.

Do note that DW7’s story mode can only be played in single player, unfortunately. If you want to play in coop then 8 is the next best choice I guess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I haven't been looking into P5 Strikers for some reason. Spoilers? I dunno.

Is it just a P5 sequel or does it have more characters from earlier games showing up too?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't been looking into P5 Strikers for some reason. Spoilers? I dunno.

Is it just a P5 sequel or does it have more characters from earlier games showing up too?

It's just a sequel. Theres two OC characters and thats it for additions to the cast.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, it's not a crossover-fest like most of the Warriors spinoffs, it's more of an Age of Calamity deal where it's a direct sequel.

The new characters are good though and the fact that you have all of the returning characters from the beginning means that some who showed up later in P5 get more of a chance to shine.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are any of the dragon quest games decent? They're both on sale and probably as low as they're ever going to get.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really, the first one is okay but more of a tower defence game with some Warriors stuff, the second one is pretty awful all around, just a bunch of flat boring maps where you walk forwards killing stuff. I guess they might be better if you have any affection for the characters though lol
The music made me want to gouge my ears out eventually.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

As a counter opinion, the first game was an interesting if somewhat flawed experiment with mixing tower defense and warriors combat, but the second game is quite charming and fun, especially if you like Dragon Quest in the first place. As for them being flat maps where you walk forward and kill stuff... I mean, they ARE Warriors games. That's kinda what you do in them. I guess there is a little less map control than your average musou, but it still has ENOUGH that it requires some attention in between killing thousands of slimes.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The second game is very good. First one is a bit poo.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Infinity Gaia posted:

As a counter opinion, the first game was an interesting if somewhat flawed experiment with mixing tower defense and warriors combat, but the second game is quite charming and fun, especially if you like Dragon Quest in the first place. As for them being flat maps where you walk forward and kill stuff... I mean, they ARE Warriors games. That's kinda what you do in them. I guess there is a little less map control than your average musou, but it still has ENOUGH that it requires some attention in between killing thousands of slimes.

I liked both games (though the tower defense maps in DQH1 got tiresome) but you really have to like Dragon Quest to get the most out of them. I don't think I'd recommend them to someone who really liked Dynasty Warriors but didn't care anything for Dragon Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Ugh.

I was browsing with a friend who ended up dragging me through a comic/game store and I ran into a physical copy of Fire Emblem Warriors for 25 bucks, so I ended up nabbing it. Even though I had played it to death on the 3DS, I knew I wanted to at least try it out on the Switch...and I'm kind of impressed? Clearly it's an older game but it still moves very pretty--and it's been long enough since I've played FE:W that the gameplay is fresh and fun for me.

But I'm also slightly worried that the graphics and gameplay feel better to me than Age of Calamity. I feel a greater sense of impact with the attacks and stun-gage depletion combos...and while AoC is VERY pretty, I feel like the colors blend and bloom too much sometimes and I have a harder time discerning things.

I'm quite a few chapters into AoC but I've stopped playing it. I do plan on finishing it eventually, but I'm surprised how much easier I'm jumping back into FE:W, in spite of me having done it before. I feel odd about this. Is this weird?