Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Seth
Gloria
Adelle
Elvis
View Results

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dr_Gee posted:

So I'm seeing the similarities between Gloria and Agnes, but Gloria just seems much more... idk, assured? Still kind, bit less nice? Like, I remember Agnes being a lot more hesitant even in Bravely Second

In addition to what others mentioned, Gloria was kinda raised by a taciturn knightly badass as her main role model to "lead from the front" ie punch problems in the face. Whereas Agnes was raised as a holy maiden in some sort of crystal nunnery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

LiefKatano posted:

Is there any way to increase infliction rates beyond (job/ability spoiler) the Phantom's level 12 specialty? especially one that's not a specialty because it's a pain in the rear end to combine them.

I feel like they were trying to lean on afflictions as a tool but holy poo poo it feels like they never land! There's a loading screen tip that says that it increases with level and magical attack, but...

Yes, one of the jobs you get in the snow area can increase status effect landing rates. It's still a bit hit or miss though, unfortunately.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

^burtle posted:

Starting to think I am using Shieldmaster wrong. What does the order of operations look like? Usually I’m just spamming Defender of the People every time it is up, and sometimes I have 4 BP popping and other times I still have people dying.

0) get your team to critical HP other than the Shieldmaster
1) block everything
2) free BP to feed to people via Gift of Courage from Vanguard
3) lead from the front

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

^burtle posted:

Starting to think I am using Shieldmaster wrong. What does the order of operations look like? Usually I’m just spamming Defender of the People every time it is up, and sometimes I have 4 BP popping and other times I still have people dying.

Vanguard is a good sub since you can donate all the extra BP to the rest of your team if you have the one ability that reduces sub action costs by 1 bp. Depending on the fight I 4x brave, donate 3 bp to whoever makes the most sense, then do the guard skill to refill.

Edit:

Above poster explained it much better; I also didn't know about the team crit benefit either.

Edit2:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

go with whatever has the higher attack power for you, axes get better after a point and there is an ability that makes weapon use better later as well

When you go monkzerker with the monk sub, is it for a certain skill? Your stats would be based on your main berserker class, so why wouldn't vanguard be a better sub for the neo skill giving twice as many attacks?

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 8, 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Most abilities listed say "will reduce your own hp (not past 1 tho)'' so was kind of used to that logic. Imagine my surprise when I All In'd 4 Darkga's killing everyone in the room including myself :v:

Just victory fanfare as my other 3 party members stare at Seth's corpse in the yamcha pose.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Does the Beastmaster ability that increases your stats based on number of monsters captured mean number of unique monsters or number total?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I am a bit into chapter 2 now and unlocked Redmage and it really does make black mage feel complete as a class concept. having the full spectrum of elemental damage and worthwhile backup healing plus all the status effects makes a huge difference in the kit.

I'm also wholly unimpressed by berserker. Nothing in the kit really pairs well with anything, they are slow as all get out and they have a glass jaw compared to the other dedicated melee guys. The damage doesn't even really seem all that much better than vanguard, only real difference being that zerker can attack everyone in the fight.

My MVP thus far is definitely Thief, but I also ground out the rare sprite lady north of the starter city for the main gauche The air slash is a great trash mob killer and even with the -1bp to use she is so fast that she can do it and have her turn come up again before some of the slower classes get a first turn.

Monk is probably #2 in my lineup, they can do crazy damage but the self nuking can also be a problem in a longer fight or if a monster decides to 4x brave and level them.

Vanguard and Beastmaster are A-/B+ tier or so. Vanguard basically does what you would want and expect of them, no more no less. Beastmaster is crazy powerful, but the capturing aspect makes me take a lot more time than normal in regular fights to make sure I get the captures off. I've taken BST out of the party for now but left someone with the capture passive up so that when I come back to it I've got a bench built up.

BLM was like, D tier and I just dipped into it to pick up Aspic Attack for my melee fighters. It's really shocking how much better BLM is as a sub to RED than the other way around.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Big disagree about Black Mage being sub to Red Mage. Red Mage's magic attack is just so average, it's got great spells and abilities but Black Mage does like double the damage. Definitely prefer having Red Mage sub to Black Mage instead, the better stats and S rank Staffs are just such a huge difference.

Also, Berserker is great for random encounters. I don't think it's reliable enough for boss fights but Level Slash is an amazing physical aoe and Fury + Free For All can pretty much delete any random enemy i've encountered for the cost of like 15 mp. They rule.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Free-for-All Berserkers with two axes do crazy amounts of damage, boss or random encounter. I tend to prefer putting Freelancer as their side job because it tends to be a bit more versatile and they can only select Body Slam as a random berserk skill from it. Once you get the level 12 trait, you can just roll the dice on 3 Amped Strikes in a single turn for free. I was doing 8K crits on a chapter 2 boss. :v:

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Big disagree about Black Mage being sub to Red Mage. Red Mage's magic attack is just so average, it's got great spells and abilities but Black Mage does like double the damage. Definitely prefer having Red Mage sub to Black Mage instead, the better stats and S rank Staffs are just such a huge difference.

There's a lot of bosses with flunkies so Level Slash puts in a ton of work there. Especially with barehanded :V

Black mage sub red mage probably works for a while but once red mage hits level 12 I don't think there's ever a reason to prefer black mage because of Chainspell.

At least where I am (early chapter 3, "base" (freelancer) magic attack of 134) a black mage with a rod of ice has 215 magic attack while red mage has 174 with the flametongue. If magic works similarly between Bravely Second and Default II (I have absolutely no idea if this is the case, to be honest) I believe that'd be ~200 points of damage for the difference. The water damage bonus messes things up a bit, but. (Bravely Second also has magic scaling but Black Mage and Red Mage are in the same bracket there so I'd wager that doesn't factor in.)

Chainspell basically doubles your damage because it casts the spell again for free.

(this is also assuming you're using the -agas, since they have a slightly higher multiplier in Bravely Second; personally the second tier spells work fine enough for me in most trash fights. presuming all else is equal between the two games the difference would be roughly ~150 points of damage instead)

anyways tl;dr: chainspell crazy good, m. atk gulf is probably not large enough to matter except for the period of time you don't have chainspell (or I guess don't have +m.atk swords)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Chainspell also works wonders defensively as well-your AOE healing spell only healed about half of the party's HP? Boom, another one! Now they're almost at full HP!

Casting some early defensive buffs! Bam! Chainspell! Now they're twice as effective! (err, assuming you're using Protect and Shell from White Mage, not Bard buffs... haven't tested to see if Bard buffs count as spells for the purposes of Chainspell.)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am like 300 jp away from level 12 so perhaps it was too early for me to write it off. I had no idea Chainspell was so close. I figured it’d be from an endgame job.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

At the point I'm at, I'm wondering what was up with that one reviewer who talked about not having a necessary element for a boss. I'm guessing they were talking about either Light or Dark element, but I'm pretty sure that I have full elemental coverage by means of Beastmaster and attack items.

Unrelated, but I got a "Giant JP Orb" from the boat today and it instantly took someone from rank 7 in their job to the very peak of rank 11 (like <10 JP from maxing it).

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm also wholly unimpressed by berserker. Nothing in the kit really pairs well with anything, they are slow as all get out and they have a glass jaw compared to the other dedicated melee guys. The damage doesn't even really seem all that much better than vanguard, only real difference being that zerker can attack everyone in the fight.

This is a pretty massive deal for grinding, though. Berserker's final skill also hits really hard.

I agree about Red Mage - I put 3/4 of my party on it as soon as they finished the jobs they were currently grinding. It's the sort of job that seems like it's good to have no matter what role someone has in the party. I've done the same with Beastmaster for MP Saver and that "using Brave increases the damage of attacks" skill (and I also want everyone to be able to equip the "chance to capture monsters when you kill them" skill so I can keep obsessively capturing things, though I'm not sure if it works if neither of a person's jobs are Beastmaster).

I find myself never using Vanguard; its damage is sub-par compared with alternatives and I don't feel like I really need a tank (and the difference in damage taken isn't that high to begin with). I'm wondering if there might be other jobs/skills that make stuff like its debuffs more worthwhile. It looks like I'll be unlocking some sort of heavy defense job soon since I encountered a guy who is obviously an asterisk user in chapter 2, so I'm thinking that might end up pairing well with Vanguard with the latter as a sub-job.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
Nah, chainspell/dualcast is Final Fantasy red mage's "thing" so Bravely inherits it. It's why the first two games had a ton of BP manipulation on red mage, I'd imagine.

It's weird it's not actually late-game, sure, since they did that with Bravely Second's version of chainspell. They do have an extra three job levels hidden until the late/endgame but I'd imagine they decided to make it the second specialty so it'd be harder to cross-class.

edit:

Ytlaya posted:

At the point I'm at, I'm wondering what was up with that one reviewer who talked about not having a necessary element for a boss. I'm guessing they were talking about either Light or Dark element, but I'm pretty sure that I have full elemental coverage by means of Beastmaster and attack items.
Chapter 2 has bosses with adds that are immune to a good chunk of elements, which if you aren't prepared can... definitely drag things out. Probably. I was prepared by means of having Monkzerker.

Beastmaster (and items) being means of coverage doesn't help. I am adamant on this position.

quote:

I find myself never using Vanguard; its damage is sub-par compared with alternatives and I don't feel like I really need a tank (and the difference in damage taken isn't that high to begin with). I'm wondering if there might be other jobs/skills that make stuff like its debuffs more worthwhile. It looks like I'll be unlocking some sort of heavy defense job soon since I encountered a guy who is obviously an asterisk user in chapter 2, so I'm thinking that might end up pairing well with Vanguard with the latter as a sub-job.

Vanguard's second specialty gives it a massive increase in attack (and also kinda critical rate) depending on how high their target rate is. It's pretty good; I'm pretty sure my vanguard has a higher attack than monkzerker.

...I kinda wanna see how they stack but I know in my heart shields remove the bare-handed bonus and so the attack bonus from the target rate would be noticeably lower. :negative:

LiefKatano fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 8, 2021

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a general question - I just got to Chapter 5 and I'm curious to how much of the story is left. It's weird that the pacing feels so off. Like I just sank a airship and defeated angry russia man but I feel like nothing has really happened. Like, if this was BD1 or BS I'd be time looping by now or have some wild weird twist going on but no everythings just been kind of on the nose. I'm 40 hours in though so I'm just kinda curious to the run time.

Also am I missing a class? I keep finding herbs and shops are selling them and they're just clogging everything up. I have room for one more class (I think) and the general alchemy class being the finale feels like a fake out given the finale classes were Vampire and Yokai in the previous games.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also am I missing a class? I keep finding herbs and shops are selling them and they're just clogging everything up. I have room for one more class (I think) and the general alchemy class being the finale feels like a fake out given the finale classes were Vampire and Yokai in the previous games.

You can pick up the salve-maker class in chapter 3 as a side quest, similar to the gambler job in chapter 1.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I'm on chapter 4, and I feel conflicted about the story and characters. Elvis and Adelle are great and are distinct enough from their BD1 counterparts while still being very fun. Meanwhile, with Gloria and Seth, I'm left... wanting.

Like mentioned earlier, Gloria is very steadfast on her mission and was trained by a badass mentor to be a 'lead from the front' type character. And that's pretty refreshing, but because she starts so high any arc or development she has isn't really going to hit that hard, in contrast to what we got with Agnes. I'm hoping that there's some twist with the crystals, or we visit the ruins of Musa at some point, something that will allow us to get some kind of payoff. But so far, outside some stuff in Savalon, she weirdly hasn't gotten much focus. Which kinda ties into an issue I have with the story, but I'll get into that later*.

Seth meanwhile, feels more confident and less straight-laced than Tiz was, but I also feel like we just don't know enough about him or how he feels about this quest. Back in BD1, Tiz had PTSD and survivor's guilt from losing his brother and village, and it's pretty clear why he decides to join up with Agnes and goes on this adventure. With Seth, all we know is that he isn't from these lands, he lost his ship and crew, and he soon learns that he was revived from death by the crystal. But the game doesn't really go into much or and depth about how he feels about any of these things, and we just mostly have to infer his motivations based on all of those things. If we got more of Seth talking about where he was from, or the life he led being a sailor before, I think I'd find him a little more interesting. Cause all of that stuff is there, but they're not really doing anything with it so far.

As for the story... There's a lot of good individual stuff here, in pretty much every chapter. They haven't really done much wrong... But it feels a bit too by the numbers, and structure-wise feels too close to BD1, only... safer. And that's kinda the keyword here. The overall game is a safer Bravely Default. The plot is pretty standard for a JRPG, which BD initially had as well... but BD played around with it a bit, and while the execution definitely had problems, I at least appreciated that it tried, and there was definitely great stuff that came from the risks they took, which I still look fondly upon to this day. With BD2, the standard JRPG story just feels... safe. For good and for bad.

*Also, to bring up what I mentioned before, the structure of having one character in each chapter get their turn in the spotlight was interesting and worked great for Elvis and Adelle, but I feel like it ultimately hurt Seth and Gloria. Seth got the prologue, which meant that his focus had to be shared with introducing all the other main characters, and what the initial goal of the story is. Gloria got chapter 1 for herself, and there was good stuff there, but it also meant that the person's whose mission we're on got their focus stuff done very early in the game. I feel like maybe getting Seth and Gloria a few more moments throughout the rest of the story would have been really beneficial.

Sorry for the very rambly mess, was mostly just trying to get my thoughts down. I do like the game, but I think it's made me realize that more than anything, I want remasters of the BD and BS on the Switch.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The game rocks so far but I have a feeling there’s still a mechanic I’m missing. Chapter 1 spoilers: while fighting the prince I noticed he kept hitting me out of turn order and ignoring the enraged target. It wasn’t consistent what sort of abilities he would do it after either. There was no “counter x” message either. What was going on?

Also, is there a way to see what types of abilities triggers an enemies counters? The X menu in combat doesn’t seem to show it and the counter doesn’t always seem to be active .

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

*wanders in fields of flowers for four hours* eh nothing of interest here pack it up boys

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ytlaya posted:

Unrelated, but I got a "Giant JP Orb" from the boat today and it instantly took someone from rank 7 in their job to the very peak of rank 11 (like <10 JP from maxing it).

This is a pretty massive deal for grinding, though. Berserker's final skill also hits really hard.

I agree about Red Mage - I put 3/4 of my party on it as soon as they finished the jobs they were currently grinding. It's the sort of job that seems like it's good to have no matter what role someone has in the party. I've done the same with Beastmaster for MP Saver and that "using Brave increases the damage of attacks" skill (and I also want everyone to be able to equip the "chance to capture monsters when you kill them" skill so I can keep obsessively capturing things, though I'm not sure if it works if neither of a person's jobs are Beastmaster).

The Chapter 2 asterisk bosses come with adds that are immune to everything but wind/nonelemental. If you still run any physical attacker with barehanded as your primary shitkicker you probably wouldn't have noticed since fists aren't considered a physical element interms of damage reduction. For the Redmage fight I had BST/MNK, WHM/FRE, THF/BRD, and VAN/FRE. When I run BST I obsessively try to capture everything so I wound up walking into that fight with like 30 of the wind elementals from the RDM dungeon that were doing like 1500-2k a shot against the add (but I also was skipping barehanded to use a +magic spear I had found, so that may be gassing her power some vs just doing dope punchmonk beastmaster poo poo). I basically ignored the Redmage initially and focused on the add, using the Vanguard to feed BP to the Beastmaster in order to blow away the demon. Once the add died I went full go mode on the Redmage, spamming out as much of my big damage hits (godspeed slash in particular on a THF primary does WORK) .

RE Berserker and the ability to attack all enemies - Beastmaster has it too and is tied to what I would consider a generally better class. I can see the attack-all being useful for something that is a single target shitkicker like Monk or Vanguard, but both of those classes can also sub bst and get vs-all attacks in the form of sweep and releases.

Edit: Also - Gloria as a thief job is absolutely adorable.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 8, 2021

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DeathSandwich posted:

The Chapter 2 asterisk bosses come with adds that are immune to everything but wind/nonelemental. If you still run any physical attacker with barehanded as your primary shitkicker you probably wouldn't have noticed since fists aren't considered a physical element in terms of damage reduction.

I've had barehanded on Gloria and Adelle almost non-stop since unlocking it on them and yeah those adds were just a non-issue. Beastmaster works too because stuff like golems and those 6-armed things are all unarmed damage too when you release them on a target.

I guess an unarmed character with godspeed would probably be even better since godspeed is just stupidly powerful.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Does the red mage speciality and magic crit passive apply to the spells.cast by gamblers elemental wheel?

Cause if I can make gambling even more busted I'll take it. Gambler owns bones

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Is there a dual wield dance l damage skill in the game or is the swordmaster 2 handed one it?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

For sailing, have you guys been able to "meet" actual players? I keep getting players named Bravely, Default, etc, with Seths named "A. N. Other" and such.

I have a Nintendo Online membership and the first time I went out sailing I was encountering real players, not defaults.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

For sailing, have you guys been able to "meet" actual players? I keep getting players named Bravely, Default, etc, with Seths named "A. N. Other" and such.

I have a Nintendo Online membership and the first time I went out sailing I was encountering real players, not defaults.

I had given the game permission to go online during expeditions, but I discovered in my settings that it was actually set to Off. go check and see what yours is set on right now

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm getting player and character names made up of kanji so I assume they're real?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I had given the game permission to go online during expeditions, but I discovered in my settings that it was actually set to Off. go check and see what yours is set on right now

That was it, thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh poo poo I remember I lost internet connection and clicked to tell it just go ahead one time and I think that changed my setting

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've had barehanded on Gloria and Adelle almost non-stop since unlocking it on them and yeah those adds were just a non-issue. Beastmaster works too because stuff like golems and those 6-armed things are all unarmed damage too when you release them on a target.

I guess an unarmed character with godspeed would probably be even better since godspeed is just stupidly powerful.

Keep in mind that Godspeed is really more bonkers for Thf than anything subbed thief because of how crazy high thief speed is - I'm not sure if it's actually keyed to work of weapon damage / enemy defense at all or not because it seems like it's not reduced by the enemy defaulting (skyslash on the other hand can probably be crazy powerful for doing an extra bit of damage barehanded). I can see it doing okay on something like Bard or Ranger that is still decently fast but it won't be nearly as bonkers. For anyone else it's still going to do a lot, but maybe not the 'what the gently caress' amount that thief can do. Especially for the slower tankier dudes you might do alright with sub freelancer and Body Slam since that's keyed off your encumberance, especially as you break into midgame and start getting solutions to regain BP (Vanguard with the RDM +BP revenge and force targetting comes to mind) and to deal with buffed enemies

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 8, 2021

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

DeathSandwich posted:

Keep in mind that Godspeed is really more bonkers for Thf than anything subbed thief because of how crazy high thief speed is - I'm not sure if it's actually keyed to work of weapon damage / enemy defense at all or not because it seems like it's not reduced by the enemy defaulting (skyslash on the other hand can probably be crazy powerful for doing an extra bit of damage barehanded). I can see it doing okay on something like Bard or Ranger that is still decently fast but it won't be nearly as bonkers. For anyone else it's still going to do a lot, but maybe not the 'what the gently caress' amount that thief can do. Especially for the slower tankier dudes you might do alright with sub freelancer and Body Slam since that's keyed off your encumberance, especially as you break into midgame and start getting solutions to regain BP (Vanguard with the RDM +BP revenge and force targetting comes to mind) and to deal with buffed enemies

Godspeed is affected by physical stats, enemy defenses, defaulting and basically everything that a normal weapon attack is affected by. From reading the text the formula is something like physical attack + speed modifier.

It gets even more bonkers as the game progresses. It's very good on Thief but there's even faster stuff deeper in.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

wokow6 posted:

I'm on chapter 4, and I feel conflicted about the story and characters.

Reminder that BD's story twist happens after you deal with all four crystals. I'm neither going to confirm nor deny a twist in Bravely Default 2, but if there is a twist, you haven't yet dealt with all four of the crystals.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
It's too bad the second Vanguard specialty is so good that every other physical damage job in the game basically sucks by comparison. I mastered it early and ended up just using two Vanguards from the beginning of the game until I got ways to activate the second specialty with it as a subjob. So really it was just another job being propped up by Vanguard. Between the sky high attack stat and the strong multiplier on Neo Cross Slash, it was impossible to justify switching to anything else when it literally had double the attack of other jobs. Even at level 97 my Vanguard-haver's attack will drop from 999 to the mid 400s if I switch to a different job. Godspeed Strike is awesome but it's hard to compete with a Neo Cross Slash on someone with 300-400 more attack.

Chapter 3 spoiler:
swordmaster's second specialty will activate both of your subjob specialties if you dual wield identical weapons.

Endgame spoiler:
the "secret" job gives you a passive to activate your subjob's 2nd specialty

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol I just killed the red mage on the first move with three godspeed strikes holy drat

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Huh. Thanks for bringing this up. I had just assumed I was connected to the online because I also gave it permission, but I just checked in my settings and it was off.

Here's to hoping my boat rewards increase slightly!

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Spirit master would be so good if it didn't basically cancel out my entire berserker character. What's a good main to sub spirit master onto? Alternatively what's a good main damage dealer to replace berserker? I already have a swordmaster main with vanguard sub so looking to try something different. Maybe a thief?

Edit: nevermind, didn't realize that spirits were also dispelling all positive buffs...

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 8, 2021

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Got the game a couple days ago and finally finished the Prologue. Having a blast so far!

The jobs so far are boring and vanilla compared to Bravely Second, but the visual designs are S+. I had everyone master Freelancer for the JP passives but the surprise MVP so far has been Body Slam.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Kinda wish they had an option to turn off voices in battle only, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing the same things over and over, especially that weird "YA-HAR" thing Seth does sometimes. Also my children have started walking about the house randomly saying "WATS NEXT A WUNDAH!"

Seth was enjoying that :420:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

raditts posted:

Kinda wish they had an option to turn off voices in battle only, I'm getting kinda tired of hearing the same things over and over, especially that weird "YA-HAR" thing Seth does sometimes. Also my children have started walking about the house randomly saying "WATS NEXT A WUNDAH!"

Seth was enjoying that :420:

My wife was merciless with the dialogue lines from XBC2. She still asks for local snacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

While I understand that it was put in place to prevent things like this, I still feel a little disgruntled at the fact that weight limits are preventing me from dual wielding the 117 atk knives you can steal off of baal.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 8, 2021