Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Aramoro posted:

Anyone else not agreeing that Gandhi was a white (?!?), racist paedophile will also be purged.
I heard he couldn't sweat either.

e: Both MLK and Malcolm X were assassinated at age 39 and then persistently selectively quoted by people who would hate them were they still alive to continue commenting on things.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Now this is the terrible defence of the Monarchy energy I've been smashing for!

https://twitter.com/PissJugTycoon/status/1368642918026797061?s=19

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

TheRat posted:

I've literally not heard of it before it was mentioned here just now. Was while he was with Kate?

Google "Kate's RURAL RIVAL" and see how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

Now this is the terrible defence of the Monarchy energy I've been smashing for!

https://twitter.com/PissJugTycoon/status/1368642918026797061?s=19

I'm going to start a campaign to make post birth abortions legal.

In other 'great' news: You don't have to be trans for the idea of using the woman's toilets to terrify people.

quote:

England and Team GB rugby international Heather Fisher has revealed she "dreads" using public toilets because she is frequently mistaken for a man.

The 2014 World Cup winner has alopecia and says she often has to explain to people "why she has muscles and no hair".

In an interview with BBC Sport, the 36-year-old said she has been confronted by police and has even "lifted her top up" to confirm her gender.

She has been locked in toilets, with police waiting outside, and once a hand reached into her cubicle, trying to push her out.

The 2016 Olympian, who has been named in Team GB's sevens training squad for this summer's Tokyo Games, has also been prodded with a broomstick.

She told BBC Sport: "If I'm at an airport I'll always have a team-mate come with me because I know there'll be police waiting or I'll get told 'this is a female toilet, get out!'

"I suppose I'm not your run-of-the-mill looking girl. That shouldn't even be a phrase but it is," she said. "I feel like it's affected the way people use me in the media or don't, because of the way I look.

Normal country.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Bobstar posted:

If we ever manage to abolish the monarchy in the UK, there will forevermore be bizarre plots to install a King, because in the old days they had Kings and things were much better then. This may involve the summoning of dragons, the selection of a scrawny urchin to use as a puppet, or maybe a tall red-headed man living in a far off land who everyone knows is the rightful heir (hang on a moment...)

And speaking of
https://twitter.com/terryandrob/status/1368879720427892736?s=19

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Comrade Fakename posted:

It's also kind of weirdly prescient because Harry gets a black girlfriend (though a working class British lady with a council flat) and then leaves the royalty.

Hmm was Harry known for being down with the swirl back in the day? I could see that, Nazi parties notwithstanding.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 8, 2021

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
So wtf are 'wheat people'? Google gives me an odd NYT article about 'wheat vs rice people', is that it?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Unkempt posted:

So wtf are 'wheat people'? Google gives me an odd NYT article about 'wheat vs rice people', is that it?

It's pretty obviously a slang term for white people.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Heard last night that Black Twitter is preparing to storm British Twitter over Oprah and Meghan. :getin:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

feedmegin posted:

Hmm was Harry known for being down with the swirl back in day? I could see that, Nazi parties notwithstanding.

He was just a party lad, I remember they had to fudge his A level results so he could get into Sandhurst because he was partying instead of studying

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Unkempt posted:

In the group they don't say white. It's either 'wheat', 'whyte', '6f' or just 2 wheat ear emojis.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

feedmegin posted:

down with the swirl

I have not heard this phrase before :confused:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
"Wheat" is how you "white" in scottish.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Aramoro posted:

In the group they don't say white. It's either 'wheat', 'whyte', '6f' or just 2 wheat ear emojis.

You're going to be in more danger than Meghan Markle when they find you've been leaking group secrets to this demon wheat cracker forum

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

multijoe posted:

You're going to be in more danger than Meghan Markle when they find you've been leaking group secrets to this demon wheat cracker forum

Aye, careful driving through tunnels.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Aramoro posted:

Huh. In the US bread is 'white' or 'wheat', i.e. wheat = brown. I wish they'd standardise these things, like when they made all the milk bottle tops the same colours.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Aramoro posted:

That's because they want to avoid being grepped. Now think about the contexts in which you might get into trouble for saying "White".

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

kill wheaty

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Aramoro posted:

Heh, "6f" is pretty good

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Jedit posted:

That's because they want to avoid being grepped.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Heh, "6f" is pretty good

What does "Grepped" and "6f" mean? Grepped sounds like "brigaded" but with a very "cyberpunk" aesthetic so it could also mean "shot in the head"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
White foreigners in Egypt are often referred to as khawaga. There are variations on what it means and whether it is 'respectful' or not.
Educated Egyptians will tell you it is meant as a term of respect. Ha. One of the definitions is "wheat face" and I've definitely had it said about me in my hearing in a non-respectful tone! (And see the bus driver's face when having commented something in Arabic along the lines of "where does the stupid wheat face think she's going" to a passenger, I replied loudly in my best Arabic "RmZEES inshallah" (stress on the ZEES which is where it belongs, not on the RAM which is where stupid wheat faces normally put it! Ramses = main train station)

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
There's also yt which is more common than most of those.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
the anti-racist facebook group i joined to see what was going on seems a lot more tame at least. there was some impenetrable admin drama several months ago but that's about it. plus some thread where someone came to talk about their kid experiencing racial abuse at school and a bunch of (as far as I could tell) white people telling them to go to the police, which seemed an odd choice for a group founded in the wake of BLM but as a fellow clueless white i didn't feel qualified to weigh in on that can of worms myself

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Now think about the contexts in which you might get into trouble for saying "White".
These days if you say you're white you get arrested and thrown in jail these days.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Jedit posted:

Now think about the contexts in which you might get into trouble for saying "White".
, these days

e: DAMMIT

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Aramoro posted:

Years of SA have shielded my brain, not without it's own consequences of course.

The group owner Admin has purged the Asian admin for anti-blackness and the other 2 black admins for not being informed enough to banned the other admin first. We now have 3 new hand picked admins. Anyone else not agreeing that Gandhi was a white (?!?), racist paedophile will also be purged.

Aramoro posted:

I don't want you to stop posting about this group because it's hilarious, but I also fear for your well-being.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Josef bugman posted:

What does "Grepped" and "6f" mean? Grepped sounds like "brigaded" but with a very "cyberpunk" aesthetic so it could also mean "shot in the head"

It's about the grep command a.k.a. the linux regular expressions parser, presumably found using wrong phrases on some sort of communication log or whatever.

No idea about 6f, I'm curious tho.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Private Speech posted:

It's about the grep command a.k.a. the linux regular expressions parser, presumably found using wrong phrases on some sort of communication log or whatever.

Linux wankers as well, that's just magical. :allears: Keep them coming op.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Private Speech posted:

6F is probably FFFFFF which is white in hexadecimal

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Private Speech posted:

It's the hex colour code for white. #ffffff

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Josef bugman posted:

6f is FFFFFF, which is both a very boring guitar tuning (sorry Kim Thayil) and a hex code for displaying the colour white.

Beaten ofc, but seriously down with unison tunings that just lead guitarists to playing bad ragga impersonations. Just buy a sitar if you care that much, looking at you too John Cale

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Private Speech posted:

TheRat posted:

6F is probably FFFFFF which is white in hexadecimal

Failed Imagineer posted:

6f is FFFFFF, which is both a very boring guitar tuning (sorry Kim Thayil) and a hex code for displaying the colour white.

Ahhhh, thank you everyone!

I still think "grepped" sounds like it should go alongside "skragged" and "merced" as slang, but thank you for all the information!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Josef bugman posted:

I still think "grepped" sounds like it should go alongside "skragged" and "merced" as slang, but thank you for all the information!

going to write an incredibly edgy outdated cyberpunk novel where everyone's really into linux for some reason and put this in, cheers

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Heh, "6f" is pretty good

Yeah I do like 6F.

It may be to do with searching as they are incredibly paranoid about getting the group banned by FB. You're not allowed to use angry emotes because you'll get the group shadow banned. They also weaponise this when they want to, for example, tell a Swedish Yoga group they should not practice yoga because they're white you go and angry emote all their posts to their group will get shadow banned.

The posting is absurdly obsequious as well, like on one of the anti-racism units which was a series of Instagram screenshots someone posted, 'Thankyou for these gifts you are bestowing on us and for having the courage to perform the emotional labour'. That's the level of posting we need to get to in UKMT.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aramoro posted:

Yeah I do like 6F.

It may be to do with searching as they are incredibly paranoid about getting the group banned by FB. You're not allowed to use angry emotes because you'll get the group shadow banned. They also weaponise this when they want to, for example, tell a Swedish Yoga group they should not practice yoga because they're white you go and angry emote all their posts to their group will get shadow banned.

The posting is absurdly obsequious as well, like on one of the anti-racism units which was a series of Instagram screenshots someone posted, 'Thankyou for these gifts you are bestowing on us and for having the courage to perform the emotional labour'. That's the level of posting we need to get to in UKMT.

Ok this sounds pretty funny actually, although I would still worry about it warping my brain. The poop touches back

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Private Speech posted:

This. "Grep" fell into parlance on IRC as a generic term for searching through the chat log and extended to all Internet searches. I tend to use it because it's shorter than "search the Web" and more generic than "Google".

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ok this sounds pretty funny actually, although I would still worry about it warping my brain. The poop touches back

Yeah I joined the group because the guy in the my village asked me to so I'm just going to hang out in it. I didn't go out to find insane posting, I just happened upon it.

Maybe one day I will become a level 7 anti-racist and accept my existence is problematic. (That is a 100% real thing from the group, well stolen from Instagram for the group anyway).

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Private Speech posted:

Unix actually which predates Linux by about 3 decades. ASK me about learning about grep on the university's OSF/1 server :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

"grokked" is the made-up cyberpunk term.