Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
being a lazy piece of poo poo is a disability. *orders hotpockets*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

This exact same tweet was made during the last strike. 1/10 for stealing twitter valor to chase clout.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Judakel posted:

being a lazy piece of poo poo is a disability. *orders hotpockets*

I have all of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIegpSmIyw

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

tbf “real” and “fake” are indeed true opposites in this instance

I was originally going to say Morgellons

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

shrike82 posted:

complaining about twitter randos diluting your attempted consumer boycott seems more of a succ thing to me :shrug:

a boycott not called by the unionizing workers, either! i have no idea where this boycott started lmao so people getting into Discourse Wars about it is hilarious

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
morgellons is mor-real than fibromyalgia, at least the morgellions people are industrious enough to try and provide physical evidence of their affliction

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dreylad posted:

i think it was matt who was saying that trying to have an identity around disability is nuts because disability covers such a variety of ailments and problems people face.

these internet people don't realize matt is legit physically disabled and it's always funny when he gets to bust that out

like when he put that little carlyle group fucker in his place lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

morgellons is mor-real than fibromyalgia, at least the morgellions people are industrious enough to try and provide physical evidence of their affliction

i mean they're both quite real types of mental illness that are currently effectively treated with psychiatric drugs

the "chronic fatigue syndrome" people are much funnier imho, someone on cum town made the excellent point that you only ever see that one show up when "not working" is an actual option for people

i need to get around to watching that documentary, it sounds funny as hell

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

someone should mention to the twitter people boycotting amazon that twitter is hosted on aws now so if they really want to boycott they should log off and delete their accounts.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the "chronic fatigue syndrome" people are much funnier imho, someone on cum town made the excellent point that you only ever see that one show up when "not working" is an actual option for people

i need to get around to watching that documentary, it sounds funny as hell
cfs can be very real if it's in the form of dysautonomia, in particular something like POTS (can happen after viral infections) and is a thing that's possible to have physically diagnosed with testing (albeit it's becoming increasingly more well known that this is A Thing but not common enough yet that everyone gets a tilt-table test) and not wishy-washy crystal healing chronic lyme disease woo. most other cases are probably mental

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
do they still give you antidepressants for it? because that's normally the treatment regimen

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
wasn't even aware chronic Lyme was supposedly a thing, I got bit by a tick when I was a kid and got lyme and was hospitalized for a few weeks and on IV meds for a few past that, but nothing long term after that

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I read a news article one time about a spanish soccer player with cfs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shipon posted:

wasn't even aware chronic Lyme was supposedly a thing,

it famously isn't

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

wasn't even aware chronic Lyme was supposedly a thing, I got bit by a tick when I was a kid and got lyme and was hospitalized for a few weeks and on IV meds for a few past that, but nothing long term after that
nope, not at all. chromic lyme disease is basically exactly morgellons -- just from people who know morgellons sounds insane so they come up with something else that sounds "scientific" to explain problems caused by poor diet+lack of exercise

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

nope, not at all. chromic lyme disease is basically exactly morgellons -- just from people who know morgellons sounds insane so they come up with something else that sounds "scientific" to explain problems caused by poor diet+lack of exercise

this devastating callout just cost me three spoons, buddy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

this devastating callout just cost me three spoons, buddy

is it like Harvest Moon where you immediately collapse on the spot if you run out of spoons

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ticks are hosed up, one bite from a lone star tick and bam hope you like being a vegetarian

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the Irukandji jellyfish, with a sting so painful that it makes you beg for death

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

shrike82 posted:

complaining about twitter randos diluting your attempted consumer boycott seems more of a succ thing to me :shrug:

I don't know, I think its funny that one of the most impotent, passive forms of protest is now considered an unruly act of political violence by our thought leaders.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I became mentally disabled after I read that tweet.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

hobbesmaster posted:

ticks are hosed up, one bite from a lone star tick and bam hope you like being a vegetarian
lone star ticks own but VERY problematic and ableism because some people are afraid of a vegetable and will literally die without a 16oz well-done steak w/ ketchup everynight

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

shrike82 posted:

if complaining about people on twitter is 'succ' then this forum is the dnc

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/LeftUnification/status/1368726351977476096?s=20
https://twitter.com/LeftUnification/status/1368768833352126466?s=20

lol wtf is this

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
henwood is a leftist and not a capitalist economist afaict

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

from crazy day and nights (true anon gossip guest..... don't know where else to post this) what.............

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

if complaining about people on twitter is 'succ' then this forum is the dnc

and taint is podesta

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

from crazy day and nights (true anon gossip guest..... don't know where else to post this) what.............

Didn't have Greta getting tedpilled on the bingo card for this year but hell yeah dude

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's be honest the man has yet to be wrong about anything. It's probably the most prescient piece of American political work.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

doesnt seem very hard for the authorities to 'intercept correspondence' to a prison lol

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Larry Parrish posted:

Let's be honest the man has yet to be wrong about anything. It's probably the most prescient piece of American political work.

you have never read a single page of a book nevermind ISIF, shut the gently caress up larry

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did read his book dipshit.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
nobody here believes that and you have no way of plausibly verifying you have, so die mad about it

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Protagorean posted:

nobody here believes that and you have no way of plausibly verifying you have, so die mad about it

How many books have you read? Receipts please.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.
Had disseminated Lyme a few years ago, was bad (Covid was worse). Took antibiotics and felt better within a few days.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Protagorean posted:

what’s wrong with your brain exactly

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

a Loving Dog posted:

what’s wrong with your brain exactly

idk bro what was your theory again?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
:siren: helldump :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU