Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Oldest Man posted:

The way I understand it, it's like one of those bullshit "buy a star" things except that this one requires two metric tons of coal to transact.

I'd really like to see an interview with anyone who buys these things for non-money laundering purposes. I guess it could be like collecting shoes? I have enough self-awareness where I know there are things other people like that I won't be able to understand, similar to how there are things I like that other people can't understand. Maybe some people just like giving away their money to celebrities they like? Kind of like that girl who drowned trying to save a portrait of Kim Jong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

is that a private link to a video or is it just posted on YouTube publicly and you get a thank you notice

It's posted on youtube publicly and you don't even get a thank you notice you get a record in a blockchain that says "address x owns URL y"

That's it. That's what you're buying.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shame Boy posted:

It's posted on youtube publicly and you don't even get a thank you notice you get a record in a blockchain that says "address x owns URL y"

That's it. That's what you're buying.

you know what...good for him. i hope he sells thousands

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

God: famous for not making regulations.

also incredibly forgiving of transgressors! :pseudo:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

I wouldn't be too quick to support the Paul brothers.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Hollandia posted:

I wouldn't be too quick to support the Paul brothers.

I won’t buy any but whatever these idiots would other wise be wasting their money on is at best as bad as whatever the Paul brothers waste their money on

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I won’t buy any but whatever these idiots would other wise be wasting their money on is at best as bad as whatever the Paul brothers waste their money on

I'm pretty sure they are the type of Youtuber who was born into wealth and has bought their way into grifting.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

poo poo, that's true.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
There really are a whole bunch of people with too much loving money.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
could i NFT the earth

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mola Yam posted:

could i NFT the earth

NFT and Dethrone God

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/TomHourigan/status/1368839151810998280

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Da Shoe Zone

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

nominative determinism is real

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i asked my wife specifically to stop buying the kids toys with a million pieces that get lost everywhere and for me to constantly step on....so she buys them a loving lite brite

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Nastier Nate posted:

no, he is destroying the planet

actually, yes lets do it

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

so, foot got the boot and is replaced by boot?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

no, he is destroying the planet

actually, yes lets do it

Accelerationism but with the end of the human race as the goal.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

BonHair posted:

Accelerationism but with the end of the human race as the goal.

Official alt.destroy.the.earth FAQ

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

dex_sda posted:

so, foot got the boot and is replaced by boot?

Foot stepped down on his own.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

i asked my wife specifically to stop buying the kids toys with a million pieces that get lost everywhere and for me to constantly step on....so she buys them a loving lite brite

Definitely don't want your kids having good poo poo like lego and lite bright

Just tell your wife to get them an ipad and be done with it

Wait what the gently caress is this post

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

Lmao your wife is cool and is bullying you, dweeb

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shame Boy posted:

Lmao your wife is cool and is bullying you, dweeb

that's definitely true. i spend countless hours posting on cspam and she does not. QED

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Definitely don't want your kids having good poo poo like lego and lite bright

Just tell your wife to get them an ipad and be done with it

Wait what the gently caress is this post

Do kids these days even still care about lego now that they have minecraft

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The pro move is to buy that poo poo for your nieces and nephews and then not have kids. The noisiest toys and most annoying disney movies.

I've never seen Frozen but my brother can probably recite that poo poo line by line.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

Do kids these days even still care about lego now that they have minecraft

They do.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Foot hazard scale:

2/10 Lite Brite pieces

8/10 Lego bricks

15/10 Barbie high heel shoes

Those doll shoes are loving caltrops, you think Legos are bad?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Foot hazard scale:

2/10 Lite Brite pieces

8/10 Lego bricks

i wonder if some slimy plai tiffs attorney has ever filed a class action about this

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The pro move is to buy that poo poo for your nieces and nephews and then not have kids. The noisiest toys and most annoying disney movies.

I've never seen Frozen but my brother can probably recite that poo poo line by line.

what i do is take the worst toys (think loud ones that use like 12 batteries, play-doh, toys that are basically copies of what they already have) and say "we'll open them up another day" then stash them away in my secret closet until they're forgotten about and either re-gift them or donate them to charity.

We already have like 6 battery operated dinosaurs that walk and roar, i dont need anymore its not going to enchance my sons playtime expierence.

and christ...so many legos, i started getting duplicates of lego sets we already have

also markers. i loving hate markers. just give me the big box of 64 crayola crayons because every marker lasts maybe about a day or 2 before someone forgets to put the cap on it and its dried out

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol.

The battery thing is something I like to solve immediately. "Oh it's great, kiddo. But we don't have enough batteries right now to use it."

*Kid opens box of batteries from uncle Minge next.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Nastier Nate posted:

what i do is take the worst toys (think loud ones that use like 12 batteries, play-doh, toys that are basically copies of what they already have) and say "we'll open them up another day" then stash them away in my secret closet until they're forgotten about and either re-gift them or donate them to charity.

We already have like 6 battery operated dinosaurs that walk and roar, i dont need anymore its not going to enchance my sons playtime expierence.

and christ...so many legos, i started getting duplicates of lego sets we already have

also markers. i loving hate markers. just give me the big box of 64 crayola crayons because every marker lasts maybe about a day or 2 before someone forgets to put the cap on it and its dried out

:chloe:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

My kid has a bunch of toys. But what he really enjoys is just collecting literal rocks and pretending they're dinosaur fossils. Paying money for toys is a poor substitute for actually teaching them to play with what they have.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Foot stepped down on his own.

That's what happens when you wait for the other shoe to drop.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lol if you kid has any toys that aren't these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WyWWAgtjYc

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If I knew gently caress all about making noisy toys, I'd make them so loud that they'd eat D batteries in 5 minutes and a can of compressed air with a proprietary nozzle for an airhorn that runs out in less than a minute.

Then sell "recharge" kits.

Probably win an award for "Childless Uncles' toy design" or something.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

blatman posted:

just lol if you kid has any toys that aren't these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WyWWAgtjYc

ohhhh sorry buddy, looks like somehow the battery connectors snapped off and the wiring was ripped out of your duck. i dont know how that happened...you'll just have to play with it without the noise

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Panfilo posted:

Foot hazard scale:

2/10 Lite Brite pieces

8/10 Lego bricks

I have stepped heel down barefoot on a d4 you know not my suffering.

I've also done the same on a UK plug but my brain has wiped the memory to protect me.

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!
oh no a second identical lego set. what a waste, kid, u already built this one. nothing else to do but huck this in the trash

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Menacer posted:

oh no a second identical lego set. what a waste, kid, u already built this one. nothing else to do but huck this in the trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Menacer posted:

Melt it down into a lego piece floormat and place it next to your kids' bed at night so they have fresh hell to step on in the morning.