Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Also the Pitching Machine is a batter now

like the third-best batter on the Worms

Uh, how does a pitching machine bat? And how is it so much better at batting than everyone else on the team!? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Could somebody explain "Wimdy" for me?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Victory Position posted:

Uh, how does a pitching machine bat? And how is it so much better at batting than everyone else on the team!? :psyduck:

my headcanon is that someone attached a bat on a pivot in front of the pitching machine so that when it spits out a ball the ball impacts the bat, causing it to swing at the other ball that the actual pitcher threw

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Could somebody explain "Wimdy" for me?

It's shorthand for "well, the random one-off vote won":

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Victory Position posted:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Victory Position posted:

It has an enlarged hopper that catches pitches and then it throws the ball back out onto the field

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

alpha_destroy posted:

It has an enlarged hopper that catches pitches and then it throws the ball back out onto the field

No you replace the hopper with a magazine of bats. Just need prefect timing on firing the bat to connect

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A friend suggested it just pitches a ball into the incoming pitch like a Newton's cradle or some such

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sockser posted:

A friend suggested it just pitches a ball into the incoming pitch like a Newton's cradle or some such

This is now my head canon

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Sockser posted:

I can get behind this

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The third priority of the Lift (trusting Wyatt) is the only one that got achieved. The correct player was pulled from the shadows but didn’t replace who the Discord hive mind were targeting, and Uncle Plasma went elsewhere.

“Buffing an incinerated player” is why the strategy channel suggests voting once the season is over, too.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

harperdc posted:

“Buffing an incinerated player” is why the strategy channel suggests voting once the season is over, too.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sockser posted:

I am not envious of the team that stands against Pitching Machine at the plate. Those are a lot of errant balls to avoid.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

harperdc posted:

Uncle Plasma went elsewhere.

Uncle Plasma is exactly where he belongs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nephzinho posted:

He belongs at a cookout

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

He belongs wherever he chooses to be

Uncle Plasma is a hardboiled detective character

no matter where he goes, he's gonna crack the case

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nephzinho posted:

Spies really wanted UP, but I'll consider it karmic justice for us stealing Knight from the Lovers. Not sure how that happened still when we had an exchange plan in place with the Steaks, but that's Blaseball.

We're better now, but we're still going to get crushed by the Beams.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

New concessions are available! I didn't pay much attention to how often players got swept away so I'm not so sure slushie is worthwhile, but the other two seem interesting.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A lot of players got flippers so I'm thinking flooding is actually going to become more common ???

I dunno I bought 10 slushies we'll see if that pans out

e: It's also league-wide which is kind of a new concept for bonuses

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sockser posted:

A lot of players got flippers so I'm thinking flooding is actually going to become more common ???

the Coin also mentioned that the flooding was under control, so you know what that means it will not be

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The wiki says 28 players got swept away last season in 27 days.

There's a new thing on the idols page as well, the top 9 players will be selected as MVPs and receive an Ego Boost, which I'm sure will be fine.

Also the Black Hole event happened 21 times

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 8, 2021

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Sockser posted:

Flooding should still trigger Slushies for Flipper-wearing players, I should think

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I sold off my pitching concessions and went for slushies and wet pretzels. I wasn't really feeling pitcher hopping before and now I'm even more into passively playing the game and just watching numbers go up like an idle game.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Still working out the numbers, but I think the optimal inventory is going to be something like: Seeds, Dogs, Pickles, Stopcorn, Oil, Slushie, Votes, flex (something you can sell to make room for pizza/apple/charcuterie).

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I'm honestly considering selling my oil; I don't bet enough and the payouts seem lower

it's almost certainly suboptimal but that's never stopped me before

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm honestly considering selling my oil; I don't bet enough and the payouts seem lower

it's almost certainly suboptimal but that's never stopped me before

They reworked betting payouts for S13.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Economy is Booming!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

This season we've got a Decree that prevents players from being stolen, as well as two Blessings that increase idol payouts. I think a 2x-paying Aldon Cashmoney might be as valuable if not more than a 5x-paying Wyatt Glover.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

tinstaach posted:

This season we've got a Decree that prevents players from being stolen, as well as two Blessings that increase idol payouts. I think a 2x-paying Aldon Cashmoney might be as valuable if not more than a 5x-paying Wyatt Glover.

A lot of the math on these involve having max pickles to become worth it, if you're still just getting Seeds maxed out Glover is going to still pay out better if more inconsistently.

We need to get a league wide collaboration going to get the Tacos to win the 5x pitcher payout blessing.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

York Silk with 2x payout is pretty tempting too

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So a golden star in a player profile means?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It happened with the Evolve Decree to the Tigers. No idea!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So a golden star in a player profile means?

Skill can't be reduced below the gold star. If players evolve multiple times it starts to get silly.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

BREAKING: Blaseball economy collapses as Wyatt Glover goes hitless in their first 9 plate appearances

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Breaking! Fusion cuisine "wet pretzel" from Baltimore reinvigorates the blaseball economy, converting runs directly into coins

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Slushies rule

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think they should have 'fixed' the betting payouts. I thought it was designed to keep people who weren't able to bet every hour from falling behind too much.

I also thought that increasing passive income through concessions and stale popcorn being a financial incentive to make your team worse was part of the Coin's neoliberal takeover of the ILB

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

tinstaach posted:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think they should have 'fixed' the betting payouts. I thought it was designed to keep people who weren't able to bet every hour from falling behind too much.

I also thought that increasing passive income through concessions and stale popcorn being a financial incentive to make your team worse was part of the Coin's neoliberal takeover of the ILB

nah gently caress em, max bet all day err day

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The thing is, the bets are the best way for a total noob to claw their way up to being able to buy significant passive income. With the bets so severely nerfed, the game wasn't much fun starting from scratch.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gambling's been very profitable this season. Underdogs haven't been winning many games.